Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What contents do y'all think the last roadmap of 2022 will feature for The Sims 4?

Comments

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm only really interested in major bug fixes and pack refreshes at this point.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Lots of lots of kits
    I'm thinking just kits... but I have a hope for one more expansion pack for this year

Another Stuffpack and or Refresh may be happening Fall/Winter Quarter or the next big thing may be a big update like freed babies,cars or burglers.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Lots of lots of kits
    We're probably going to get more and more kits and nothing but the kits and I don't even feel bad about it, because no gameplay features means no more bugs. Yay. :smirk:
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    Others (Leave a comment)
    It was a toss up between lots of kits, which I wouldn't mind, and other. I do think there's a decent chance we get another game pack this year that's why I voted for other. I don't think we'll get another expansion pack but that's just a hunch. Recent history suggests stuff packs are over and done with and just one expansion a year. I would love another EP, or even GP, that adds singers and bands. In a dream scenario those two and models.

If it's all kits I want them to focus on upgrading the horrible makeup that the game is still plagued with after 8 years. Better jeans and pants, and by that I mean ones that actually make it down to a sims' shoes. No more crop tops, sweats, or cargo pants. Heels and fashionable boots that look as nice as the sneakers and gym shoes have of late. The Maxis heels are as awful as the makeup. Turn the artists who've made the great shoes lately loose on these now. We have plenty of nice hiking boots, so how about some mid calf or knee high fashion boots. Some nice ankle boots wouldn't go amiss either. I know I'm a broken record but these are the things at the top of my wishlist that have the best chance of happening so I'm going to bang the drum for them.🙂
    edited August 2022
    Lots of lots of kits
    It was a toss up between lots of kits, which I wouldn't mind, and other. I do think there's a decent chance we get another game pack this year that's why I voted for other. I don't think we'll get another expansion pack but that's just a hunch. Recent history suggests stuff packs are over and done with and just one expansion a year. I would love another EP, or even GP, that adds singers and bands. In a dream scenario those two and models.

If it's all kits I want them to focus on upgrading the horrible makeup that the game is still plagued with after 8 years. Better jeans and pants, and by that I mean ones that actually make it down to a sims' shoes. No more crop tops, sweats, or cargo pants. Heels and fashionable boots that look as nice as the sneakers and gym shoes have of late. The Maxis heels are as awful as the makeup. Turn the artists who've made the great shoes lately loose on these now. We have plenty of nice hiking boots, so how about some mid calf or knee high fashion boots. Some nice ankle boots wouldn't go amiss either. I know I'm a broken record but these are the things at the top of my wishlist that have the best chance of happening so I'm going to bang the drum for them.🙂

If it's down to just kits they may push a big update and release cars,fixed babies etc to supplement for no new gameplay. That's what I'm hoping for but I have a feeling we may get another Refresh around November and it will probably be Get To Work or Dine Out. I'm hoping for the latter cause Dine Out is pretty broken.
    Others (Leave a comment)
    I wouldn't mind seeing refreshes on a few packs. I'd agree Dine Out is at or near the top. Get To Work could use one too for sure. They did promise pack refreshes for a quite a few and so far just Spa Day, unless I missed others. I cringed when I read "push a big update". That's a scary idea right now.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Others (Leave a comment)
    I’ll guess a game pack, some kits and maybe a pack refresh. It all depends on what was in the pipeline that got slowed down by COVID, though.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited August 2022
    Alright y'all! Now after First Fits Kit and Desert Luxe Kit, I need 1 stuff pack to come back in 2022 before 2022 will be so worst
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Others (Leave a comment)
    I think its going to be a game pack and maybe a stuff pack or kit. It seems like the Highschool pack took a lot of work and I'm not sure they would be able to release another expansion.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Expansion pack and two kits
    While I tend to prefer game packs over expansion packs, the fact we already got 2 GPs this year makes me think that it's unlikely we'll get a third. So I picked expansion by process of elimination, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. There's a good chance we'll get no more new "big" packs but a refresh instead as well though. Which I wouldn't mind but I have a feeling some people would definitely be miffed if that were the case.

I think almost all of us (at least here on the forums) would love to see stuff packs make a return, but I don't want to be too optimistic. I don't think we'll get anything super huge like cars or free babies as far as base game updates go since this year brought more identity-related updates with pronouns and sexual orientation, but I think things like rolling out pronouns in other languages and more body hair could be a possibility. I would personally love to see the remaining (or at least some of the remaining) likes and dislikes rolled out which I feel could be possible seeing we got style likes and dislikes with HSY, right?
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Expansion pack, stuff pack, two kits
    I'm hoping for another EP, GP (faeries!) and a refresh (GTW needs love, and adding burglars could work really well here, maybe make the criminal career semi-active, too)
    Lots of lots of kits
    I'm hoping for the 2nd update to Story Progression. Their not thru with it.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited September 2022
    Expansion pack and one kit
    I'm hoping for the 2nd update to Story Progression me too something like a news papers instead of using the mail box to get your gossip you red the Moring paper also more things to do arouend town and mabey update the liberry so you can tack book's home and just stuff to make liveing in the sims world more fun
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Others (Leave a comment)
    I would like to see four columns of things to choose from in CAS rather than two. If that's part of an overhaul of some of the UI alongside a game pack or stuff pack, then that's marvellous.

I don't expect to see an expansion now, it's too close ot the end of the year. Stuff packs, kits, game packs - maybe. I think stuff packs may have gone the way of the dodo now anyway.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Lots of lots of kits
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I would like to see four columns of things to choose from in CAS rather than two. If that's part of an overhaul of some of the UI alongside a game pack or stuff pack, then that's marvellous.

I don't expect to see an expansion now, it's too close ot the end of the year. Stuff packs, kits, game packs - maybe. I think stuff packs may have gone the way of the dodo now anyway.

I don't think 4 columns in CAS would fit on a laptop screen, hope they take screen width into consideration if they decide to update that feature.
    Y'all! Look!

SimGuruFrost that there will be a special livestream coming next month!

Somebody better understand that stuff packs are stuff packs that need to come this year! Please!
    Lots of lots of kits
    I wonder if maybe they have an EP in store for us. SinGuruNinja also hinted at some sort of pack coming our way soon.
    Others (Leave a comment)
    crocobaura wrote: »
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

I don't think 4 columns in CAS would fit on a laptop screen, hope they take screen width into consideration if they decide to update that feature.

You might get three and still have the thumbnails be big enough to see easily. I doubt anything more would still be easy to see. I use weerbesu’s 5 column CAS and if you shrank that to a laptop screen you would have a hard time making out details.
    I wonder if maybe they have an EP in store for us. SinGuruNinja also hinted at some sort of pack coming our way soon.
    He better not be announcing no more kits, or else him and The Sims team will never give me my R&B radio station along with a stuff pack
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Lots of lots of kits
    Heavens help us but I'm sure it will be kits, kits, and more kits. They're quick, easy, and cheap to make with a big return. Clearly, I'm not a fan of kits.

What would I love to have? Fairies! But not jokey fairies like the way they did vampires and werewolves, I would love if they had some special abilities and game play. Like vampires and werewolves but without the overdone over-the-top stuff, no silly walk and no eating of pet poop (GAH!).
    Lots of lots of kits
    no eating of pet poop (GAH!).

I had no idea werewolves did that. :flushed::lol:
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Lots of lots of kits

Me, neither till somebody showed a screen of it. Have a werewolf, click on the litter box when there is "stuff" in it. An option pops up that says "devour....." something something. Can't remember the rest.
    Lots of lots of kits

Me, neither till somebody showed a screen of it. Have a werewolf, click on the litter box when there is "stuff" in it. An option pops up that says "devour....." something something. Can't remember the rest.

Cat poop, you say? :lol:
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Lots of lots of kits
    I don't expect cars lol i don't think will ever get those its been 8 years and no cars in sight ,I could see a refresh for a EP, and then just kits for November and December lol Maybe they'll announce some stuff for 2023 like even more kits lol lol.... :#:D:D:D .