Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update Now Available, Tuesday 8/30

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Well, it wasn't in the patch notes but Prom seems to be greatly improved. In addition to a new color scheme for the tasks in the upper left corner, each task you achieve gives a greater amount towards filling the bar. I just got gold and we haven't even had the award ceremony yet. I know many are disappointed in the patch but there are some things that may be fixed/improved but not listed out.

Retirement is also apparently fixed. No LE when your sims retire now and works like normal. Yay
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Well, it wasn't in the patch notes but Prom seems to be greatly improved. In addition to a new color scheme for the tasks in the upper left corner, each task you achieve gives a greater amount towards filling the bar. I just got gold and we haven't even had the award ceremony yet. I know many are disappointed in the patch but there are some things that may be fixed/improved but not listed out.

They nerfed prom???
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    My sim just had a baby, she actually had twins LOL. But yeah the whole surgery machine thing is still broken. The Drs no longer stand in T pose and the sim does not shift off the table anymore, but the machine is none reactive its just there doing nothing. I do hope it gets fixed, I miss my sim's surgery animations ;)
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2022
    After having the whole UI messed up, I found that pancake1's mod that allows more than 3 traits was the problem.

After that, I don't know if they mean this... but when I wanted to deactivate the fears and stuff, it didn't work, so I pressed again 2 times and they left... I'm not sure if it's the problem that some people that I read have, but if it is this, click it about 2 times because with 1 it did not work :3

And if this wasn't the problem, well... I'll leave at least the data of the mod that doesn't work and doesn't show the game options...
    42c8c8333aff0d950300c43c5d930788.png
    a9784bae8da40da1264cdf5a535f61b8.png

PS: og, my settings are in spanish.. but there is fears off

• Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    My sim just had a baby, she actually had twins LOL. But yeah the whole surgery machine thing is still broken. The Drs no longer stand in T pose and the sim does not shift off the table anymore, but the machine is none reactive its just there doing nothing. I do hope it gets fixed, I miss my sim's surgery animations ;)

Yeah, and the scientist invention machine still does not play the animations anymore for inventing. I miss those and the surgery machine. Not sure why they can't seem to get those working but apparently it's not possible. They have been broken for at least a year now so I've given up hope that they'll ever return.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Looks like none of the major issues were fixed half that list is scenarios...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    So nothing about Wants and Fears (unless my eyesight deceives me) or constant cellphone usage in that update list of theirs. Disappointing, but if that's their focus, who am I to waste time or money on them? Good for everyone that wants a new scenario to play instead of their sandbox game.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    So nothing about Wants and Fears (unless my eyesight deceives me) or constant cellphone usage in that update list of theirs. Disappointing, but if that's their focus, who am I to waste time or money on them? Good for everyone that wants a new scenario to play instead of their sandbox game.

Nope, nothing about Wants and Fears, but toward the end of the patch notes it says they apparently addressed the increased cellphone usage:

"Sim phone usage has been tamped down. Teens will still use the phone more often."

Hope it makes the constant "change phone cover color" interaction and camera zooming go away, too, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Nope, nothing about Wants and Fears, but toward the end of the patch notes it says they apparently addressed the increased cellphone usage:

"Sim phone usage has been tamped down. Teens will still use the phone more often."

Hope it makes the constant "change phone cover color" interaction and camera zooming go away, too, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.
    Seems to be listed under the Highschool Year Pack, which I have to admit, I didn't check. Can only hope that goes into BG, as well. I have yet to play, so I can only imagine how annoying that camera zoom I've heard so much about will be.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »

So Occult teens are still obsessed then?

No thanks. Still not updating. I want none of it. It should have come with the high school pack for the real life players who want it so that it didn't destroy Occult players' games.
    #Team Occult
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member

I miss the brief moment where the arms accidentally pull out your Sim's heart and they die for a brief second before promptly being brought back to life. It happened literally every time you did it, but it added character to something that used to be a generic rabbit hole.

I miss the brief moment where the arms accidentally pull out your Sim's heart and they die for a brief second before promptly being brought back to life. It happened literally every time you did it, but it added character to something that used to be a generic rabbit hole.

The sad thing is that the thread in the bug section is closed and noted as FIXED when it's not. Just the t-posing and not the animations. I entered a bug ticket that you can add to so that this doesn't get buried and ignored which is what I am afraid is going to happen.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Doctor-Animations-Scientist-Animations-Broken/m-p/11784050#M229824
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member

I never liked that animation. I always found it very disconcerting. At the very least, malpractice much?

I do wish the surgery machine would work as intended, though - hopefully it'll make into one of the patches.
    @Llandros2012 I miss the invention machine’s animation as well, it gave the machine almost a live like personality, now its just well bleh. I do hope that they do get fixed in the future though, but yeah after a year I am not having much hope though ;)@DoodlyDoofus I loved that part too, it was so funny the way the machines reacted as well, the one was shaking no no don’t do that LOL :D@Llandros2012 thanks so much for the new ticket, I will go and put a me too there and post to bump it ;) We can only ask and hope.
    @Llandros2012 I just popped into your ticket and added a me too, unfortunately it was closed, they want you to make separate posts for the two issues. Once you have a new link, please share it here and I will go and support you <3
    @Llandros2012 I miss the invention machine’s animation as well, it gave the machine almost a live like personality, now its just well bleh. I do hope that they do get fixed in the future though, but yeah after a year I am not having much hope though ;)@DoodlyDoofus I loved that part too, it was so funny the way the machines reacted as well, the one was shaking no no don’t do that LOL :D@Llandros2012 thanks so much for the new ticket, I will go and put a me too there and post to bump it ;) We can only ask and hope.

Don't add to the ticket - it got closed immediately after I opened it by the Sims team - I just resigned myself to accept that this game is the way it is and I am going to make the most of what I've paid for and can use. Not fighting or getting upset with it anymore - just don't really care to deal with it
    Don't add to the ticket - it got closed immediately after I opened it by the Sims team - I just resigned myself to accept that this game is the way it is and I am going to make the most of what I've paid for and can use. Not fighting or getting upset with it anymore - just don't really care to deal with it

Yip I saw that they closed it :( But yeah I agree with you. Not in the mood to fight, will just wait patiently if it happens it happens if it does not then well so be it. I am just super glad the sims are not t posing and the patient is no longer sliding in between the DRs legs, that was just so wrong. So yeah the machine will do its magic with no movement from now on. One day perhaps ;)
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    When will there be a patch for the patch for the patch?
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 250 Member
    Sooooo, still not safe to let the update run huh?

I recall someone in the early days of PC's said.
    MSDOS, an 8 bit system for a 4 bit computer, written by a 2 bit programmer.
    I don't think those writing this system rate that highly anymore.

Bugs, bugs and more bugs.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member

I opened the compiled list of bugs and indeed is there a ticket about the science career animation bug but none about the doctor career besides that about the T-pose.

The science career bug is listed as:

[NEEDS SAVES] Invention Constructor animation displaying over sim (InvaderJoshDoom).

Try to post another ticket exclusively about the animation bug on doctor career cause the support moderator said one of the reasons for closing it was the "multiple bugs" (I kinda understand, they need to individualize every bug to better track them).

Flap wrote: »

I opened the compiled list of bugs and indeed is there a ticket about the science career animation bug but none about the doctor career besides that about the T-pose.

The science career bug is listed as:

[NEEDS SAVES] Invention Constructor animation displaying over sim (InvaderJoshDoom).

Try to post another ticket exclusively about the animation bug on doctor career cause the support moderator said one of the reasons for closing it was the "multiple bugs" (I kinda understand, they need to individualize every bug to better track them).

I'm done and have washed my hands of it all - if someone else wants to create a ticket I will sign it but I'm too tired of watching things go months, even years, before they are even addressed (if at all). I have been playing my game all day on the newest update and the mods that I enjoy and, with a few minor exceptions, I can just continue as is. I will not update my game or purchase any new content until the extent of the cost/damage is known and it is acceptable to me. Until then, this game does not get any other touches to break it even further than it is now.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 250 Member
    @Llandros2012 I know how you feel man.
    I am still getting an LE file relating to RoommateNPC's from the Discover University pack.
    Even with all the mods I use to make this game worth playing, that is the ONLY error my game gives.

A Bug that is around 3 bloody years old.

I've said it before and will say it again now. If I was a boss at EA\Maxis, there are a lot of coders I would give a DCM too.

DCM, you ask? Mmmmm, Don't Come Monday, You Are Fired!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited September 2022
    shorty943p wrote: »
    I am still getting an LE file relating to RoommateNPC's from the Discover University pack.
    Even with all the mods I use to make this game worth playing, that is the ONLY error my game gives.

I've said it before and will say it again now. If I was a boss at EA\Maxis, there are a lot of coders I would give a DCM too.

Firing your coders is the last thing you'd want to do to fix a game. Also, bugs are normal thing to have in games. What's not normal is how long they've been left unfixed + how unsupported the Q&A of the game appears to be.
  • WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    What to do for the next twenty-eight minutes. I'm on Mountain Time, so I get the patch at 11 am. Not too many new threads on the forum. I've been through my emails. Guess, I could try to find another ancestor or two … I'm not good at waiting. LOL 67 years old and I still can't find my patience. By the way, has anyone seen it around here, by chance? ;)

I truly adore you GalaticGal!
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    shorty943p wrote: »

Firing your coders is the last thing you'd want to do to fix a game. Also, bugs are normal thing to have in games. What's not normal is how long they've been left unfixed + how unsupported the Q&A of the game appears to be.

It feels more bad than usual. Their old bugs are catching up to them and combine that with these new untested game features and packs that are working so badly you can't tell if it's a bug or by design... it makes it frustrating to play the game right now.

So when they announce kits and focus on scenarios it gives us this impression of neglect, which is something that a company should avoid and prevent by providing proper support.