Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was reading this about the sims 5 today

2...Next

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    The only way I would touch multiplayer is if it is purely opt-in, and the game is constructed around single player first. If you can't mod it yourself, then I'm not interested.
    You'd think Maxis might have learned from the debacle of Sim City 5?

Anyway if it's a few years away and enough people kick up a stink about it, they might change tack a bit. We'll see.

It's not Maxis who needs to learn, it's EA.

EA hates that The Sims isn't an online Multiplayer because they can't milk it for those sweet, sweet microtransactions that they want so desperately.

As is, EA will never learn that their single-player titles are their golden geese because they're too busy chasing small long-term profits over creating a reliable and solid product that will last years and keep people coming back for more. Because again, from their PoV, it takes too long to produce quality, because they have to spend it to earn it.

Heck, it's something that many companies that do produce online MMO or Co-Op games figured out ages ago, maintain your games and you maintain your audience even years after the game's initial release.
    But that's clearly too hard for EA.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited August 2022
    I started playing sims at home together with my sisters so there is some slight appeal in multiplayer for me. But with that said I'm heavily invested in TS4 and will likely stick with it. Either way I'm not trusting any rumours regarding TS5 development until there's something official.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    There have been a lot of talk about EA and multiplayer recently where they have said that multiplayer is what is important and when they have gotten backlash for their statements they have gone back and said that single player games are important too.

They have several successful single player franchises so I wish that they could believe more strongly in single player games and look at how other game developers have made great single player games that their community have enjoyed.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Multiplayer or not, Sims4 is where I stop. Starting from scratch for the 5th time just doesn't appeal to me. Throw in the lack of innovative and immersive gameplay we've experienced since Sims4 was released and I can see what the future holds for yet another iteration in the franchise. Sims4 has felt like an ongoing lab experiment that continues to get worse with each new pack and update. And what is even worse than buying new glitchy packs and dealing with forced updates is the fact that the game is so full of bugs even the teams that created this mess don't have a clue how to fix it. I cannot wait until Sims4 is over and Sims5 takes the lead. No more updates to break game fixing mods every month, no misplaced excitement for new features that hardly ever work right, and no more waiting for news when there is little hope for transparency or follow through on promises. And EA thinks I am going to invest more time, energy and money into a multiplayer Sims5 after everything I have been through with Sims4? Nope. It will not happen. I learned my lesson and will be moving on.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited August 2022
    If it's multiplayer only, I won't even bother with it.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2022
    Meh... "Multiplayer" can mean a lot of different things, and I believe there are some ways to implement it to get some benefit out of it - but I don't trust they will do that. I am scared that this seems to be the "selling point" though, which does not get me excited at all. If this is "the big revolutionary thing" that sets it apart from Sims 4 it will flop.

One cool way to have multiplayer implemented is to be able to sell art (using the sim computer) that your sims make to other simmers who then put it in their houses as decor.

PS. if the other selling point is the mobile game aspect - that's the nail in the coffin right there. 2 things almost everybody hates.
  • Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I was reading an article on the sims 5 today on my phone, thought I would share it here, it is dated August 11, 2022

It says that the Sims 5 will be multiplayer, to play online with friends. It will most likely have a creator marketplace, and will likely come out in a few years.

Do you think the sims 5 will have a color wheel? That is something I really want back.

Here is the link
    https://happymag.tv/the-sims-5/

I think it would be SO awesome to meet people from all over the world with online play, but definitely wouldn't be interested in the multi-player deal...
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have enjoyed online games in the past, mainly because I played them with family. Still occasionally play some online with them, but they are growing up and most often play newer games with their friends. I miss Disney's online Pirates of the Caribbean as we had so much fun with it! But now I only occasionally play ESO online, which the kids aren't really interested in, and find I am able to play solo, but not always happy with interruptions from other players. And with the problems occurring with packs in Sims 4 and the recent patch, I am not sure I want to spend more money on a new Sims game. I will continue to enjoy my previous Sims games, and hopefully be able to continue to enjoy Sims 4 when/if it gets fixed. I don't use mods or cc, but will probably mod my Sims 4 once it ends to try to fix some of the issues with Sims 4.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm….

The MMO part of the game is of no interest for me because being able to play offline and keeping Sims 4 offline while updating Origin is essential for my enjoyment of the game.

I am not interested in MMO for the sims and I could stay happy playing Sims 4 for the future. I want to tell my own stories my way, this is my own little sandbox and I wish to rule it by myself.

I am always trying to be ready to go offline permanently at any time. I have trays with lots and sims saved away to give me more options if I will no longer have access to the Gallery.

Currently I am still on the werewolf-patch that came out right before that pack came out and everything works great. All my mods do what they should do and I have no error-messages.

Now it is a waiting-game until the next stable patch. At that point I will update all my mods, make a new tray with newly released lots from builders I follow then go hide again. It isn’t easy to determine when a patch is safe however. New features or idle-animations are not tested with occult-packs so you have to wait until occult players who have updated the game come back with a verdict on the new patch here on the forum.

Since I only play offline due to mods and a dread of patching my game I will most likely never have the opportunity to test out any MMO-features. Every third or fourth month I spent three to four evenings online testing out updated mods, quickly scouting out new mods and getting my game in order. Then I hide again. My mods and my skepticism that occult sims will be taken into consideration when it comes to new content keeps me offline so any resources poured into developing content for MMO-stuff will still be unused by me.

My willingness to play The Sims 4 also depends on Origin. If I cannot update Origin and keep Sims 4 offline at the same time I will not spend a single dime on either Sims 4 or Sims 5 going forward. This is my modded sandbox, it is my world that I have created with help of modders that I back on Patreon and players that inspire me here on the forum. If I cannot keep that intact there is no point to staying here.

At the moment I cannot go into Origin without getting the new buggy patch. I don’t want it so I cannot enter Origin to access my other games. It works now because I am only playing Sims 4 at the moment and it can be accessed via a shortcut but when BioWare ships Dreadwolf I want to be able to play that.

Hmm…. I have MMO’s on Origin and I have spent a lot of time happily playing them but that was when I wanted that experience. When I want to play an rpg, romance aliens/Qunari/Garrus/Asari and blast stuff with fire I load my BioWare-games. When I want to play a character living in Batuu, crafting mechanical stuff and keeping a couple of chickens I mod the heck out of Sims 4. I start the game that offers what I want.

I like my mods and Occult sims more than MMO-stuff so no way that I will go online.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If this ends up being true that's crazy to me, they scrapped Sims 4 online features making it an offline game and now they are going to do the same thing to Sims 5. Online is the last thing I want in a Sims game if they end up going that way I'm done with the Sims and will move to Paralives once it comes out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The least buggy game, last released was Sims 2. Before then, I had not a clue what a patch was, or an update for that matter. The very first patch I ever downloaded came after Mansions and Gardens. Ah, those were the days.

Fast forward to Sims 3 and we had just the opposite. I was introduced to patches galore and still used the modgod's mods to fix things. It was then EA thought online was the way to go in the pack Showtime. What a joke. It worked with my sister and I once, that was it...bug city.

I am surprised EA hasn't made some kind gameplay for online use as they've been trying to do that very thing since The Sims Online, so it wouldn't surprise me that Sims 5 is strictly online. Let's face it, even the simmers who think this would be fun know this would be a giant glitchy mess, I mean we're talking EA. B)

Nah, I'm as old as oldseadog, have been down this road too many times, and besides I can't afford to sink a bunch of money in a new sims franchise. I would be perfectly happy playing my Sims 4 with my mods and cc and no worrying about a patch to mess things up. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    Perhaps EA lost it's memory. They tried an online game which failed miserably and probably cost them a lot yet they keep on pushing this which most sim players don't want. Also... the phone game. I tried playing it once because there was a reward. It's not on my phone anymore because it's so dinky. People say they are looking for money. I would not mind paying more in a single player game and though I know there's always a big outburst against this don't think it's justified. Facebook and QS games get my cash often. Plus they have cloud save.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @bshag4lv EA actually does have an online game. My grandsons talked me into making a character so we can all play together. It's a free-to-play but has subscription if want in order to get into other areas. It is actually an old game, Star Wars The Old Republic. It reminds me of ESO in it's style, and I had fun the day I played. I really enjoy playing with my grandkids! Can't judge the game though until I get into it more, after the kids are back from vacation. Still don't have interest in Sims 5 though. Have enough Sims games, and other games, to keep me busy when have more free time.
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    After playing Minecraft online I want online sims so much

Once there are mods making sure that rules are followed or you get the boot then I am sure it can work

And second life is a far cry from the options and ease of playability we have with sims

I hope sims 5 will indeed be online - I mean it only makes sense - why make yet another sims game otherwise?

Of course, there could be a single-player option too... just like Minecraft...
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2022
    The Sims is mainly an offline experience for me, but I honestly wouldn't mind playing it online... with SPECIFIC PEOPLE. I'm not completely up for playing with strangers, but I've got plenty of friends who are into The Sims, and playing with them would feel like a crossover episode, which I totally wouldn't mind. My sims knowing my friends' sims sounds like fun.

But also yeah. Should definitely not be the only option. Focus on making it good in singleplayer first!!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    If it does become multiplayer, I won't be touching it. It won't be the same game. WIll be a very sad time. :'(
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    While I did enjoy The Sims Online and once in awhile I still hop on there to see what's going on, I also kept to myself a lot while I was on there. I'm not interested in multiplayer. If I wanted to socialize I'd leave my house.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    A terrible idea. It's like they don't even know why most of us play the sims. A Simulated World.

Now, if they were going to make the Sims 5 a full simulation and have it reflect the real world more than the Sims 4, I'd be ecstatic.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Not so sure about this multiplayer business...

A long long time ago in a town far far away, I played two different video games - Quake + Return to Castle Wolfenstein- with a bunch of friends & colleagues on a local network. Each gaming session had me eliminating everything and everyone around me. I loved it and I was great at it { I am really wonderful with virtual fire arms you see }, the only problem was that, whenever my allies blocked my path they too had to suffer the consequences...

This was the first and last time I touched an online multiplayer. I was twenty. TWENTY!! I lost friends mind you, wonderful relationships: gone. I even got a divorce. That last one was a silly joke. I never got married.

In RL life I'm an extremely peaceful, treehugging individual -I truly am- but as soon as I get myself involved in multiplayer games (from online to board games to anything multiplayer), I turn into a Weapon of Mass Destruction. It's fun having me there, but not useful, because a teamplayer? I am not.

So, with that in mind: I don't really feel the need to play with other simmers in my Sims game and I am 100% certain that most simmers don't want me near their perfectly w 🥱 e little real world neighborh- ☄️ 💥 🔥
    Whoopseedaisy. Neighborhood gone. See? Just me writing about it has proven to be disastrous.

Now, selling virtual castles for heaps of money is a different story entirely. If you're a wonderful wonderful friend, I might even consider lending you one of my castles of choice for free, for an entire month! I'm nice like that.
    Bring it on Sims 5, make me care.
  • Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    I would never play sims 5 if it was multiplayer, but honestly even if it was single player I don't know if I'd ever play it. From what they've been doing with Sims 4, especially with the last couple of packs other than werewolves, there's no way I'd ever trust anything they'd do with Sims 5, and just because they're making a new Sims game doesn't mean that game will be any better.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    If that's true, I won't step foot near sims 5. I will declar the the franchise officially dead, at least for me. I'm also not willing to pay EA for a game and have to pay for custom content, If wanted to do that I would just gone to Second Life a long time ago.
    giphy.gif

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    If it's multiplayer only, I'll just shrug and think it's not a game for me.
    cUrfGkA.gif