Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think burglars may be coming soon with the new "sneak out" mechanic being added to HS Days?

With the ladder escape and window function, could burglary be added sometime soon? Thoughts. I hope so.

Comments

• ThirteenCatzThirteenCatz Posts: 9 New Member
    theres no reason to not add them now, as people come in and steal from you all the time, and the night ghost curse from ROM is far mroe scary than any burglar
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited July 2022
    I wish so
    would also be nice if we could assign sim to the role and not have yet another feature taken over by randomized sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I hope so too! I miss burglars so much. I’m glad Carl’s Burglar mod exists, but it would be nice to have them back in game. I love me a little chaos. >:D
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    I can't even explain how much I hope not. I HATED burglary in the old days, lol. SO annoying! I know there are so many who would like it back though, so if they add it, just give us the option to turn it off, and it's all good. :D
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2022
    I love burglars they shake up your gameplay and add something unexpected to the game.

They also had a preference to steal toilets, which was quite funny.

Also the gameplay that comes with burglars is fun! You could fight them and if your Sim had high Fitness skill they would win the fight against the burglar and get back the stolen items. Or you could call the police and get them arrested if you acted quick. Sometimes the police arrived when the burglar was gone and you would get Simoleons to buy a new toilet
    a256aFi.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited August 2022
    My first thought is nope!

You know that EA tries to avoid putting anything at all in the game that might "trigger" someone, such as people who have had a RL home invasion and robbery.

TS4 is nothing like the previous games, now they only want happy, good, pleasant things to occur and nothing that could remotely be considered traumatic.

I personally liked them and I'm not against them being added.

But I also feel that if they were ever added to TS4 they'd be just as lame as the firefighters are.

Police wouldn't really arrive in a car in front of your house to take the burglar away (if they even implemented some type of police interaction at all, they'd be on foot)

Also considering the "police" is tied to GTW, I highly doubt they would add that type of interaction in because:
    1. You know how simmers are, they'd be screaming about how another gameplay function was taken from a pack they bought and put into the base game
    2. Because the devs don't know what "pack integration" means and always forget there are other gameplay systems that would work well with something

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    For me I have a feeling it might because not only is the sneak out a sneak walk but I have a glitch that the camera moves quickly to focus on a certain sim that's when im at home or out in a community lot but I remember back in the day the game used to move quickly and focus on Burglars robbing your lot, I mean it might be something or it might be nothing. It has been doing it a lot since HS came out.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    As long as my occults would be allowed to interract with the intruder and, ahem, deal with them.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited August 2022
    I hope not. Having to re-buy stuff is annoying as heck. I only had two encounters with the repoman so far, and both were irritating, even though the devs gave us the option to re-direct the thieving magpie to a different object via pleading. A burglar would be even worse, because they have no reason to negotiate with their victims.

Details:
    The first time it happened when I had the money to pay the bills (even more than I needed), but was in a challenge where the sims were on a wagon train and could only sell things during trade station breaks. So I ruled that the "repowoman" was in fact a bandit. I killed her, but before that she killed one of my sims, who in turn rose as a vampire.

The second time it happened in a poverty challenge where I was forbidden to sell things at all, the only income had to come from a part-time job that my sim could only work again by Saturday. Repoman came on a wednesday, so I had to perform damage control. There were several collectables repo could have grabbed, but, no, he went for basic neccessities in the pitiful shack: the bench my toddlers needed to sleep on and our bathroom facilities. It took seven or so tries of "plead to take another object" to persuade him to take the bees.

It would have went much smoother had the game just forced me into buymode and only resumed after I had sold enough stuff to cover the bills.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    I hope not. Having to re-buy stuff is annoying as heck. I only had two encounters with the repoman so far, and both were irritating, even though the devs gave us the option to re-direct the thieving magpie to a different object via pleading. A burglar would be even worse, because they have no reason to negotiate with their victims.

Details:
    The first time it happened when I had the money to pay the bills (even more than I needed), but was in a challenge where the sims were on a wagon train and could only sell things during trade station breaks. So I ruled that the "repowoman" was in fact a bandit. I killed her, but before that she killed one of my sims, who in turn rose as a vampire.

The second time it happened in a poverty challenge where I was forbidden to sell things at all, the only income had to come from a part-time job that my sim could only work again by Saturday. Repoman came on a wednesday, so I had to perform damage control. There were several collectables repo could have grabbed, but, no, he went for basic neccessities in the pitiful shack: the bench my toddlers needed to sleep on and our bathroom facilities. It took seven or so tries of "plead to take another object" to persuade him to take the bees.

It would have went much smoother had the game just forced me into buymode and only resumed after I had sold enough stuff to cover the bills.

If you lock the door the repoman won't be able to enter your sim's house to repossess stuff. The only downside is that he will wait outside your sims house untill you let him in. Or maybe you could drop something for him to take and go away.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    edited August 2022
    Anyone else noticing sims just randomly walk up in your house when you're not home if you have befriended them? I had two kleptos storm in while I was at work. One stole my jukebox and I had to leave work early to kick him out before he stole another prized possession.

I started to lock the door for only household members, but I've NEVER had to do that before.

Maybe locking doors is a prerequisite for incoming burglars.

Hmmmm....
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Oh yes, I sure hope so!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cvoeqzst4mn0ia6ugrjbcq76yf6qr6qamkovckpg&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    p6tqefj
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i hope not unless they include toggles to turn off buglars in game its the only way i would not mind those ingame
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I also hope not. Like others have said unless they give a toggle to turn burglars off. I never liked it when they showed up in past games.