Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mini Missions with Points Legacy

Comments

• Options
    BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2022
    Thanks @BrilliantDisaster Your cute micro home has everything they will need! Why are they dragging sand in? they need to wipe their feet, sheesh. I like that you kept your log bench from the campsite.

The sand was there as I built. I think it will disappear when I push play. They were standing there and I built around them. They had just came out of the tent and sat down upon the log bench (I moved it forward a little). The outhouse was made bigger and is now their bathroom. The tent and cooler are in Hazel's inventory. Thank you!

P.S. I'm not very confident about that murphy bed so I'll have Johnny put it down to sleep and just leave it out after that.

Edit to add: Evidently the murphy bed decided to cooperate. Everyone is safe. For now. If Johnny gave Hazel triplets I might reconsider putting the bed up again...a few dozen times in a row. 😆 👿 😆
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2022
    Ya, Johnny should be spanked for that 😆 👿 😆
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yes Johnny would be in trouble. He'd get to help take care of them all. That'll be punishment enough. LOL
    ...If I can even get to the birth. I think the latest patch broke my game. It keeps crashing. I might have to exit the scenario or at worst, start again. :cold_sweat:

It might be working now but saving seems to take longer than normal.
    Post edited by BrilliantDisaster on
  • Options
    I'd like you to meet the newborn twins!
    Boy is Atlas
    Girl is Atlantis

08-30-22_7-17-08_PM.png?width=1191&height=670
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

All these pictures are brightening a very very hard day for me! Thank y'all. I love all the updates! I love all the new mini's!
  • Options
    @HomeMama So sorry to hear you having a extremely hard day. I'm glad you can come here to get brightened. ♥ Tomorrow will be better. Just you wait and see! Yes the missions you've all been coming up with has been exciting and fun to try. :smiley: You are so talented.
  • Options
    Congrats on the Nooboos @BrilliantDisaster It looks like Hazel is ready to punch you for photographing her misery and Johnny looks checked out.

I hope your day gets better @HomeMama or at very least that tomorow is better. <3

Jojo and Nicolas decided to bounce between worlds photographing each other playing violin. The result is a kind of silly photo wall. All this busking was enough to have Jojo max the Entrepreneurial skill.
    940hrGO.png

I get a little worried asking others to take something on unless I am will to do so myself.

Here are some pics of my modified Slipshot Mesquite

Claiming 5 points for maxing entrepreneurial skill, 5 points for photo wall with pics from 5 worlds, 5 points for 10K porch and primary suite extension, 5 points for 5k porch with BBQ

20 points added to 70 existing points for a total of 90 points
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER and @BrilliantDisaster Oh today is sooo much better, but still have a headache from it. Thank you so much for all the encouragement!! Y'all are the best.

So yesterday, my future son-in-law proposed to my daughter, and I knew it was going to happen and who was assigned to take pictures. She's also a friend of mine. Well, I asked if she would take a video so that I could see it later, and she refused, saying that they asked her to take pictures, not video. I pleaded with her, knowing that my daughter and I would both love to have it, and told her I would drop off my phone to use, if she didn't have an iPhone to take both at the same time. She still refused and then lied to my daughter, telling her that I tried to be at the proposal. Which my daughter wasn't even mad that I "did that", but I hadn't. I had just asked to drop off my phone. I knew an iPhone would be easy to take both at the same time, and thought maybe hers was another kind or that she had a pro camera or something. But come to find out, she took all of them on an iPhone, took live pictures of some poses...but didn't get one Live Photo of the entire actual proposal or her reaction. My daughter is LIVID. She's actually considering kicking her out of the wedding party. I told her we need to cool off for a while, pray about it, think it through, and take it one step at a time. Maybe set a strong boundary. Anyway, my head is pounding today! My daughter stayed up talking to me until 3am, telling me all about it and then looking at the photos and realizing that she desperately wanted to find live pictures of the actual thing to show me, but couldn't. It was heartbreaking.

Anyway...real life drama. Back to Sims, where I can just keep them nice and agreeable, lol.

I'll be catching up soon. Love love love your ideas!
  • Options
    Hi @HomeMama

I’m sorry your daughter’s proposal came and went without the photos and video you were hoping for. It would have been extra hard to advocate for your wishes only to be told no.

Hugs
  • Options
    Hello!

@HomeMama I feel for you and your daughter.
  • Options
    Hello!

@HomeMama I feel for you and your daughter.

Thank you!! We're doing a lot better today.
  • Options
    Hi @HomeMama

I’m sorry your daughter’s proposal came and went without the photos and video you were hoping for. It would have been extra hard to advocate for your wishes only to be told no.

Hugs

Thank you! At least my daughter and I are together on this. Trying to get out of this stress and back into my game.
  • Options

Mini Missions available, thus far:

Mini Missions related to Game Set-up
    5pts Read Game set up and Rules in first post.
    5pts Favorite all pre-made sims in your game, save and name your Points game. Make sure aspirations show 0 if this is available to you.
    5pts With 14 day seasons, delete all default holidays and create 1 custom holiday per season (4 total)
    5pts Turn on and play with Lifestyles

Mini Missions for Early Gameplay:
    5pts In 5 days, acquire tent, cooler, shower and outhouse (two tile and derelict toilet)
    5pts Greet different sims with every type of introduction (friendly, funny, and rude, as well as respectful if you have SE) in your home neighborhood. (add flirty, Cheerful, and Enchanted)...extra credit for second gen; polite introduction added 5pts
    5pts Before acquiring the "Always Welcome" trait, visit a strangers home and try cooking, showering, and sleeping in their bed. (This can be at different times, and in different houses, but they must be at home).

Mini Missions for Build Mode and Land Management:
    5pts Build a Micro home on any empty lot, and if you have Tiny Living, turn the lot type to Micro. No cheating funds! Your sim has to live on it for at least a week in game.
    5pts Build a basement.
    5pts Harvest at least one Snapdragon and one Bluebell from the wild (no events, festivals, etc) and bring one of each to perfection.
    5pts increase your eco footprint to either green or industrial.
    5pts Refurbish Crick Cabana using Fleur-de-Lis Area Rug and adding washer/dryer; don't change outer wall shell.
    5pts add a porch and master suite to Johnny's trailer (treat his trailer like a shell) for $10000 or less NEW!
    5pts add a deck with grill to Johnny's trailer. It can be covered but no walls, for $5000 or less. NEW!

Mini Missions for Relationships:
    5pts Befriend at least one of each occult type (ghost, vampire, alien, werewolf, spell-caster, and mermaid)

Mini Missions for Family Building and/or Household Rotation:
    5pts. Have a Nooboo and get toddler trait Conflict Resolution to full green or full red. NEW!
    5pts. (Make sure Neighborhood Stories is OFF first) Play the Johnny Zest household until he finds a significant other and you move them into his household as roommates or through marriage. If you're planning to marry Johnny Zest, you may choose another single-sim household from any world to complete this.

Mini missions for family memories and leaving a legacy:
    5pts purchase a storage item with its own inventory. The Ornate Beauty, Buyer Beware, Sticker Storage Box (EL), ICYA - Chest (DU), Supply Crate Storage Container (JB), or Unadorned Omiscan Treasure Chest (JA). Place five inventory items into the box for the next generation and tuck the packed box into household inventory.
    5pts craft two excellent furniture items or rugs (woodwork, fabrication or knitting) and put them in household inventory for the next generation to use.
    5pts take photos of/with one or more family members in five different worlds. Choose a few favs and make a photo wall in your Sim's home.
    5pts Achieve level 3 painting, create a paint by reference of a child, toddler or family pet. When doing so, your Sim will stand in a "painting pit" a basement with roof removed and height adjusted with platform tool so that the painter and subject are approximately at eye level.
    5pts Using one of the non-residential lot types, maybe park or art gallery, create a repository for your legacy. It will have 10 display areas, one for each generation to stock with inventory items. Mounted fish, selfies, paintings, whatever they want to leave in their section. It should also have amenities and facilities for the visitors.

Mini Missions for Exploration and Game Discovery:
    5pts Try every food, at least once, in the Fall food stall.
    5pts Get at least one celebrity star.
    5pts If you have Magnolia Promenade, reach level 7 fishing and fish there all of one day.
    5pts Screencap five unique spawns each in a different world. Examples: butterflies, bugs, chickens, seagulls, ducks, gecko, snake, tumbleweed, blinking red eyes, dolphin, bats. . . any animated spawn out in the world, not on a lot.
    5pts Buy/build a rocket ship OR buy/use telescope (small or large) for a minimum of five hours
    5pts prepare all meals for one day with all the named ingredients available. eg: if you are making spaghetti that day you will have tomato, onion, mushroom and garlic.
    5pts for: Select "On Ley Line" as a lot trait and play with it for at least one pregnancy.
    5pts Access Sylvan Glade and fish for (minimum) 1 hour there. (willow creek)
    5pts Access Forgotten Grotto and fish for (minimum) 1 hour there. (oasis springs) Needs lvl 10 handiness to access

Mini Missions for Crafting and Collecting:
    5pts Five weeks to craft an instrument (requires level 8 handiness and level 8 in the instrument guitar or violin and a woodworking bench)
    5pts Gather 10 different harvestables from the world around you, making sure one of them is Strawberry, and start taking care of your garden.
    5pts Graft strawberry plant onto your perfect Bluebell plant. Harvest until you receive a new seed.

Mini Missions for Skill Building and Achievements:
    5pts Get one skill up to 10 (max)
    5pts Overmax all four child skills for your next heir. eg: max out mental, then gain a skill point in logic.
    5pts Get the achievement "Play Sims 4 for 4 hours" in this game, and purchase the "Always Welcome" trait.
    5pts If you have High School Years, max the entrepreneurial skill by playing an instrument in various public places
    5pts Get to lvl 10 Handiness

Mini Missions for CAS:
    5pts Create makeup looks for each category for your sim in CAS (repeats are fine), pick a hair you love from any pack, and add nails to fingers and toes.
    5pts In CAS, create 3 winter and 3 summer outfits, using Seasons Pack only, and make one of the winter outfits for a rainy day. (shoes, socks, and jewelry can be base game, if needed) [Extra credit: If you have children, 5pts extra for including them]
    5pts In CAS, give each family member an Everyday look using only Eco Living (and Base Game, for unavailable pieces). NEW!

I think this is all caught up. If you don't see yours on here, please let me know or repost it. I don't want to miss anyone's.
  • Options

@BrilliantDisaster I love your story!! Poor Zest with twins in a micro house, lol! Must be love! Your micro is so cute, too. I didn't see your mini's before I posted the last update, but they're on the list now. I haven't been to Forgotten Grotto in forever! But my handiness is pretty far up, so I may work on that next. I got a lot of catching up to do!!

@JojoMOMSTER I adore your trailer! I love trailers, too. I have a trailer park shell in my gallery. I'm looking forward to updating Zest's house. So fun! I can't wait to get back into my game, and this is when I would normally quit. Thanks you guys are the best! By the way ...your mini's on saving or memories for the next gen are so awesome. But hard. Which is unusual for me since I've been playing so long, so I'm going to feel challenged in doing new things YAY! So question. For the non residential lot, how do you transfer their collections over there?
  • Options
    Thanks! There are so many mini missions now. Yay!

"How do you transfer their collections over there?" ... Put them in your Sim's inventory and then pull them out when that Sim is on that lot.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Annabelle's legacy began Aug. 17, 2022 and I have 105pts! Hurray!

The next things I'm focusing on:

5pts add a porch and master suite to Johnny's trailer (treat his trailer like a shell) for $10000 or less NEW!
    5pts add a deck with grill to Johnny's trailer. It can be covered but no walls, for $5000 or less. NEW!
    5pts. (Make sure Neighborhood Stories is OFF first) Play the Johnny Zest household until he finds a significant other and you move them into his household as roommates or through marriage. If you're planning to marry Johnny Zest, you may choose another single-sim household from any world to complete this.

With Annabelle:
    5pts craft two excellent furniture items or rugs (woodwork, fabrication or knitting) and put them in household inventory for the next generation to use.
    5pts Graft strawberry plant onto your perfect Bluebell plant. Harvest until you receive a new seed.

It's coming along nicely. Have a LOT to do still!
    20/20 pts Mini Missions related to Game Set-up
    5pts Read Game set up and Rules in first post.
    5pts Favorite all pre-made sims in your game, save and name your Points game. Make sure aspirations show 0 if this is available to you.
    5pts With 14 day seasons, delete all default holidays and create 1 custom holiday per season (4 total)
    5pts Turn on and play with Lifestyles

10/20 pts Mini Missions for Early Gameplay:
    5pts In 5 days, acquire tent, cooler, shower and outhouse (two tile and derelict toilet)
    5pts Greet different sims with every type of introduction (friendly, funny, and rude, as well as respectful if you have SE) in your home neighborhood. (add flirty, Cheerful, and Enchanted)...extra credit for second gen; polite introduction added 5pts
    5pts Before acquiring the "Always Welcome" trait, visit a strangers home and try cooking, showering, and sleeping in their bed. (This can be at different times, and in different houses, but they must be at home).

20/35pts Mini Missions for Build Mode and Land Management:
    5pts Build a Micro home on any empty lot, and if you have Tiny Living, turn the lot type to Micro. No cheating funds! Your sim has to live on it for at least a week in game.
    5pts Build a basement.
    5pts Harvest at least one Snapdragon and one Bluebell from the wild (no events, festivals, etc) and bring one of each to perfection.
    5pts increase your eco footprint to either green or industrial.
    5pts Refurbish Crick Cabana using Fleur-de-Lis Area Rug and adding washer/dryer; don't change outer wall shell.

0/5 pts Mini Missions for Relationships:
    5pts Befriend at least one of each occult type (ghost, vampire, alien, werewolf, spell-caster, and mermaid)

0/10 pts Mini Missions for Family Building and/or Household Rotation:
    5pts. Have a Nooboo and get toddler trait Conflict Resolution to full green or full red.

0/25 pts Mini missions for family memories and leaving a legacy:
    5pts purchase a storage item with its own inventory. The Ornate Beauty, Buyer Beware, Sticker Storage Box (EL), ICYA - Chest (DU), Supply Crate Storage Container (JB), or Unadorned Omiscan Treasure Chest (JA). Place five inventory items into the box for the next generation and tuck the packed box into household inventory.
    5pts take photos of/with one or more family members in five different worlds. Choose a few favs and make a photo wall in your Sim's home.
    5pts Achieve level 3 painting, create a paint by reference of a child, toddler or family pet. When doing so, your Sim will stand in a "painting pit" a basement with roof removed and height adjusted with platform tool so that the painter and subject are approximately at eye level.
    5pts Using one of the non-residential lot types, maybe park or art gallery, create a repository for your legacy. It will have 10 display areas, one for each generation to stock with inventory items. Mounted fish, selfies, paintings, whatever they want to leave in their section. It should also have amenities and facilities for the visitors.

15/45 pts Mini Missions for Exploration and Game Discovery:
    5pts Try every food, at least once, in the Fall food stall.
    5pts Get at least one celebrity star.
    5pts If you have Magnolia Promenade, reach level 7 fishing and fish there all of one day.
    5pts Screencap five unique spawns each in a different world. Examples: butterflies, bugs, chickens, seagulls, ducks, gecko, snake, tumbleweed, blinking red eyes, dolphin, bats. . . any animated spawn out in the world, not on a lot. Oasis Springs, Granite Falls
    5pts Buy/build a rocket ship OR buy/use telescope (small or large) for a minimum of five hours
    5pts prepare all meals for one day with all the named ingredients available. eg: if you are making spaghetti that day you will have tomato, onion, mushroom and garlic.
    5pts for: Select "On Ley Line" as a lot trait and play with it for at least one pregnancy.
    5pts Access Sylvan Glade and fish for (minimum) 1 hour there. (willow creek)
    5pts Access Forgotten Grotto and fish for (minimum) 1 hour there. (oasis springs) Needs lvl 10 handiness to access

10/15 pts Mini Missions for Crafting and Collecting:
    5pts Five weeks to craft an instrument (requires level 8 handiness and level 8 in the instrument guitar or violin and a woodworking bench)
    5pts Gather 10 different harvestables from the world around you, making sure one of them is Strawberry, and start taking care of your garden.

10/25 pts Mini Missions for Skill Building and Achievements:
    5pts Get one skill up to 10 (max)
    5pts Overmax all four child skills for your next heir. eg: max out mental, then gain a skill point in logic.
    5pts Get the achievement "Play Sims 4 for 4 hours" in this game, and purchase the "Always Welcome" trait.
    5pts If you have High School Years, max the entrepreneurial skill by playing an instrument in various public places

20/20 pts Mini Missions for CAS:
    5pts Create makeup looks for each category for your sim in CAS (repeats are fine), pick a hair you love from any pack, and add nails to fingers and toes.
    5pts In CAS, create 3 winter and 3 summer outfits, using Seasons Pack only, and make one of the winter outfits for a rainy day. (shoes, socks, and jewelry can be base game, if needed) [Extra credit: If you have children, 5pts extra for including them]
    5pts In CAS, give each family member an Everyday look using only Eco Living (and Base Game, for unavailable pieces).

@JojoMOMSTER You have a challenge with trailers? Can you post the link? I couldn't click on the link you posted. I'd like to go see. And when you say, treat it like a shell, do you mean not to add walls? I typically add on a room for porch. Just wanted to make sure if I could or not.
  • Options
    Thanks! There are so many mini missions now. Yay!

"How do you transfer their collections over there?" ... Put them in your Sim's inventory and then pull them out when that Sim is on that lot.

Okay great! I didn't know I could do that. Thank you!
  • Options
    Hi @HomeMama good to see you back

"How do you transfer their collections over there?" ... Put them in your Sim's inventory and then pull them out when that Sim is on that lot. Yep, @BrilliantDisaster

Option 2 for household inventory items, place them in a room, save the room then place it on the lot. De stuff the room and delete.
  • Options
    Hi @HomeMama good to see you back

"How do you transfer their collections over there?" ... Put them in your Sim's inventory and then pull them out when that Sim is on that lot. Yep, @BrilliantDisaster

Option 2 for household inventory items, place them in a room, save the room then place it on the lot. De stuff the room and delete.

Option 2 I do all the time. I'll try the other since it's different.
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER You have a challenge with trailers? Can you post the link? I couldn't click on the link you posted. I'd like to go see. And when you say, treat it like a shell, do you mean not to add walls? I typically add on a room for porch. Just wanted to make sure if I could or not.

Hi, sorry @HomeMama “treat it like a shell” was awkward wording. What I meant to say was that you would leave the outside of the trailer the same size and yes to adding full walls to create a room next to the existing structure.
  • Options
    I have been building and have not checked in on Nicolas and Jojo for a while. Claiming points for Overmaxing child skills, Eco lifestyle outfits and putting 5 items in a storage box for the next generation.

Total points 105

Here is an update.
  • Options

Hi, sorry @HomeMama “treat it like a shell” was awkward wording. What I meant to say was that you would leave the outside of the trailer the same size and yes to adding full walls to create a room next to the existing structure.

Okay awesome! I really look forward to referbing his trailer.
  • Options
    N1FYhzg.png

Would you indulge me in a thought experiment? What if Zest married a mermaid? How would he revamp his trailer to fit into Sulani.? Here's my idea.

5pts Move Zest's trailer to a 40 x30 lot in another world. Redecorate, and refurnish his lot and home so it blends into it's new surroundings. No budget. Add whatever you like.

• Options
    N1FYhzg.png

Would you indulge me in a thought experiment? What if Zest married a mermaid? How would he revamp his trailer to fit into Sulani.? Here's my idea.

5pts Move Zest's trailer to a 40 x30 lot in another world. Redecorate, and refurnish his lot and home so it blends into it's new surroundings. No budget. Add whatever you like.

Oh my goooosh! I love it! This is such a great idea and so fun!! I'm totally doing this.