Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives?🤔🤔

jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
edited August 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I know there are loads of mixed reviews regarding Paralives, but I'm excited about the release of the game (although there's no release date yet😅)!
While doing my research on Paralives, I've noticed a constant trend; people are comparing Paralives to the sims. When critiquing what footage is released by Paralives, people tend to give feedback based on what the sims already offer, don't offer, or what the sims just straight-up lack, which isn't fair!
Although a simulation game, Paralives is going to offer a different experience/feel than what the sims offer, why? BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT GAMES! If Paralives comes out and is exactly like the sims, just better, giving players exactly with they're asking for, then you'll just have another sims game but a more thought-out sims game.
Another thing I see people having mixed feelings about is the design style. If I'm being honest I love the art style of Paralives. It gives me telltale game studio, life is strange, and untitled goose game vibes, which is why I'm obsessed! But I know it's not for everyone, which is valid.
Something to keep in mind: Paralives is still a work in progress. The footage that is released is not the final product, it's just to show the public, and sponsors, what they have so far. One of the reasons why I'm having a hard time grasping some reviews/comments about the game is because it's not even finished and some are shooting it down before it even has a chance😿😿
Overall, in my personal opinion, Paralives looks promising, and I will gladly purchase it, not because I want a better sims experience, but because Paralives, on its own, piques my interest, and I am a sucker for its animation style😊.
Even though I'll be playing Paralives, this does not mean I will be ditching the sims!
As stated above, both games will offer a different experience, and I'm looking forward to what Paralives has to offer!

I will love to hear what others think though!
Post edited by jellybelly_3 on

Comments

• vulpdenvulpden Posts: 16 Member
    I personally can't wait for Paralives, I've been following it for months. It's definitely unfair that people are trying to push the indie devs way too hard and holding them to the standards of a decade-spanning, massive budget game like the current sims games. I don't think people realise that not every simulation/sandbox/dollhouse game has to be the same! It would be pretty boring if Paralives became a carbon copy.
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    vulpden wrote: »
    I personally can't wait for Paralives, I've been following it for months. It's definitely unfair that people are trying to push the indie devs way too hard and holding them to the standards of a decade-spanning, massive budget game like the current sims games. I don't think people realise that not every simulation/sandbox/dollhouse game has to be the same! It would be pretty boring if Paralives became a carbon copy.

Exactly!!! Paralives is going its own route and I hope the team does not fall under any pressure because what they have going now is excellent, grade A work!
    I also have this feeling that Paralives will be more diverse and inclusive!
  • vulpdenvulpden Posts: 16 Member
    > @jellybelly_3 said:
    > Exactly!!! Paralives is going its own route and I hope the team does not fall under any pressure because what they have going now is excellent, grade A work!

Did you see the recent updates? They said they were pushing back a little on suggestions and features to not get too overly-ambitious. I'm glad for that, they really seem to care about the quality and are taking their time! I don't mind waiting longer for a greater game.
    Yess!! And I don't mind waiting either because I know that the finished product will be stunning😊😊
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So far there has not been a single thing I do not like about Paralives as the OP said it's a different game and it shows from the quality and thought that has gone into making each feature. From the color wheel to moveable tattoos that can go anywhere to the care put into making facial hair and the options to put names on your Christmas stockings these are the details and creativity I have been needing in a life Sim and this is just a few of the things I love from it I could go on like sizeable lots and hair psychics and so on.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    Same, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2022
    So nice real interactive worlds still a work in progress transition animations not complete but looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTjOAEPjN0
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    First time I've had a look at Paralives...looks to have real potential. I'm just not sure whether I like the look of the characters...
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

simlish1 wrote: »
    First time I've had a look at Paralives...looks to have real potential. I'm just not sure whether I like the look of the characters...

It's important to keep in mind that they are still in early development, so their characters will most likely be improved as time goes on. Personally, I think they look amazing. I love the art style paralives is going for
  • cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I love the paralives info that I have seen showing their progress. I think it looks promising! I just wish it was moving faster, as I am not loving TS4 right now. I think TS4 forces you to play THEIR game (with their scenarios, and wants and fears, etc) and I just want to play my own game my own way.
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I love the paralives info that I have seen showing their progress. I think it looks promising! I just wish it was moving faster, as I am not loving TS4 right now. I think TS4 forces you to play THEIR game (with their scenarios, and wants and fears, etc) and I just want to play my own game my own way.

That's understandable but the development team only consists of ten people. With only having ten people on the team, they aren't able to produce fast content like the sims or any other big company can. Supporting them through their Patreon will help them speed up the process, plus by supporting them on Patreon includes some cool perks