Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pick A Side - a build and play challenge

JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
Pick a Side Challenge

Your Sim and his/her children have just escaped a terrible relationship. They have their starting (over) funds and not much else. Your Sim goes to a mobile home dealer and falls in love with a double wide mobile home. They ask the nice man; “Can I buy this one? It’s perfect for my family.” The salesman says: “Yes you can, but for now you have to pick a side. Your maximum budget of $18000 will only allow you to buy half of the home now. In time, when you earn more money, you can come back and purchase the other side.” Your Sim has a hard decision, the home will be cramped to start. Maybe they can get by with just a grill and buy the kitchen later? Maybe they will get an outdoor (debug) bathroom and use that? Maybe they need the kitchen but are willing to sleep in a tent for a while? Your Sim chooses one side of the mobile home, places it on their new lot and moves in with their children. #pickasidechallenge

Challenge part one - building

Find a double wide mobile home floorplan that you like.
I used this one:
KHbtdMt.jpg

Build both sides of the mobile home side by side but not touching. Build them like they are a for sale at a mobile home lot so they have kitchen and bathroom fixtures, painted walls and flooring but no furniture.
The finished lots with each side individually cannot exceed $18000 gallery cost.
something like this:
ppFapxS.png
P2xXOo7.png

Once complete, save to your library then on one side hammer out the wall section around each of the interior doors in that section resulting in one side of your home being all one room. Save the room to your library as a room. Delete the room on the lot. Save the lot with only one side of your home to your library. Hit ‘undo’ a bunch of times until you have both sides of your mobile home side by side again.
Repeat on the other side of your mobile home. You will have two lots and two rooms.

Pick a Side I
Pick a Side IA
Pick a Side II
Pick a Side IIA

From your library, place your lot with half of the mobile home. Decorate your lot to make it livable. E.g.: if this side of the home does not have the kitchen, place a grill on your lot. While decorating your lot leave space for the second side of the house once your Sim can afford it. You might also wish to leave space for a deck. Your Sim will need to be able to afford the lot with their household starting funds.
here are my two half house lots
Side I
F6sq9nG.png
8RWPkwa.png
Side II
SZ6jTFe.png
UW8K9VA.png

Challenge part two – CAS or gallery

Create a family with one YA parent and at least one toddler. You can have as many children, additional toddlers or babies or fur babies as you like. You can also download a single parent family with at least one toddler.

my family

Challenge part three – Gameplay

Place your family on your first lot with half of a mobile home. Use the rest of their starting funds to buy what they need like beds or toys.
Play the family until they can afford to buy the other half of the mobile home.

Keep track of how many sim days this takes.

Your Sim is broke and cannot afford daycare. You can make money with a job that involves working from home or doing tasks at home that generate income but your Sim must never use daycare.

Once your family can afford the second half of their home, place the room that is the second half of the home where it belongs along side the first half and make your completed home look nice by adding the roof etc.

You’re half done, Good Job!

Round Two

Place the opposite side of the house on a different lot and using another single parent family see how many days it takes for them to be able to afford the other side of their home.

Whichever family can afford both sides of the house in the least number of Sim days wins.

You’ve completed the challenge! Yeah! Well done.

Comments