Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what happened to those continued updates?

2...Next

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    No one expects any game to be 100% bug free. I have played games long enough to know that is an unrealistic expectation. But I do expect fewer issues for players to deal with, and fixes for those issues to come to us more quickly. Whenever key features of a new pack or update are not tested with all the previous packs installed, there will be unknown problems for any player who is playing with every pack they own. I am fortunate enough to have a laptop that is used to test any new game I buy. Including my Sims game. It is totally vanilla, no mods or CC. Only bug fixes are installed as those become available. And I can honestly say a lot of newly released fixes have rendered past fixes useless. I do not hate Sims4. I do not hate EA or Maxis. But I do believe EA can do better than what I have seen so far.

There needs to be measures taken to prevent situations like these. If they add a new feature, in this case wants and fears, then it has to be tested so it can be turned on and off properly. By not doing that a lot of people have ended up feeling that they forced a new feature on them because it can't be turned off because of a bug.

Some features affect the game more than others and when they are adding larger changes like this then they have to be properly supported...
  • KadaveraKadavera Posts: 12 New Member
    They still haven't fixed the celebrity bug. I turned off that option for a reason, yet my sims continue to gain celebrity status. Now instead of Judith Ward waltzing in and disrupting the room, it's MY sims who are doing it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2022
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    At this rate I honestly think they EXPECT modders to fix the game.

If they want to do that ok (not really :( )

But they should be honest with us if they expect modders to fix everything they should be paid a decent amount of money (same with all the other people working on the Sims 4)

Those of us who don’t use mods and CC would appreciate them fixing bugs. I know my bugs are not caused by CC or mods

I own all of the packs and kits….. I just want them to work properly…
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

This is one of the questions asked when reporting a bug. So I would imagine they have the ability to test all packs when troubleshooting.

I don't know anything about bug testing but it's mind boggling to even think about how they approach testing bugs. 12 expansion packs. 12 game packs. 18 stuff packs, and 13 kits. Not everyone has all packs installed. Thousands of computer configurations. Player A might have 2 saves. Player B has 32 saves. Player C has 600 Sims in a save. Player D has 200. Where to even start? 🤔

Not to mention all the cc and mods causing bugs that players think are base game related but it still adds to the bug report pile.
    This is exactly why I believe players are too hard on them about bugs. 8
    They are working on it but It's NOT easy and it takes time. It's a very complex game where just when they finally got one bug fix it could cause another. And most bugs do not make it "unplayable" or "broken" possibly just a bit annoying. The major bugs like the aging bug are always hot fixed right away. For everthing else we just have to have patience. If we were working there trying to figure out this big headache I'm sure we would want players to be patient with us 😌

I've seen simmers saying "we need to hold them accountable" but uhhhh.. bugs are not a planned feature they happen unexpectedly. And if they were to hold onto packs until there were absolutely zer0 bugs nothing would ever get released. Every sims game had them and will continue to have them. There is nothing for them to account for because they do what they can in the time they have to do it.

I would love to see someone make a game on the complex level of the sims and try and make it 100% bug free. I'll keep waiting 😎

The team doesn't deserve anymore patience, the team quite literally released MWS and HSY knowing just how broken they were, when certain issues are universally experienced (on console as well where no mods or CC exists) the team 100% encountered those same issues but decided to release the broken content anyways. So if the team is aware of the bugs and broken features, those bugs are not "unexpected" as you suggest, because the team knows they exist. I should also mention there is a major difference between shipping a pack with bugs, vs shipping a pack that makes parts of the game or the pack itself unplayable. MWS on release was quite literally, unplayable.

All that on top of bugs and issues that have existed in the game for literally years. Cafes for example are still broken and unplayable in my game, and Get Together came out in 2015. Are you saying I need more patience for the team to fix a bug that's been in the game for seven years now? And what about Cats and Dogs, I still can't command a pet to be kind or be mean to another pet because the interaction has been broken since launch, and that pack came out in 2017. Are you suggesting I need more patience for them to fix a now 5 year old issue?

Give me a break.
  • StrivingNeutral2StrivingNeutral2 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @logion said:
    > @StrivingNeutral2 Have you tried recreating the Sims 4 documents folder? (this is something that Origin does not do with the repair) You can do this by renaming the Sims4 folder into something else "Like "The Sims 4 old" or something. Origin will create a new The Sims 4 folder and try then and see if you have the same issue if you click "new game". Then you can try and move your saves and tray items over to that folder if the issue is still there. If the issue is there, then it's something on your save and I would search on Answer HQ to see if there are any suggestions for what it could be.

I did and it didn't help. I ended up uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it. I haven't opened it out of fear that didn't fix it but with the update they tweeted about yesterday, I'll try once I get it. But I haven't been informed of an update yet either. I closed Origin and reopened, shut down the computer and rebooted, still no update available.
  • StrivingNeutral2StrivingNeutral2 Posts: 5 New Member
    @Llandros2012 said:
    Just out of curiosity, do you happen to be using a sim that was created and played in a different save at some point in time? The reason I ask is that I have a sim that I normally use but kept having issues so I recreated from a version that never was used before except in CAS and I had significantly less issues. There were still bugs because the game is very messed up right now but I did notice the difference. Or it could have been just coincidence - either way, maybe worth a shot if you haven't tried that yet.

I had created new sims and I had the same issue. I deleted everything and reinstalled the game. Just waiting on the update they tweeted about yesterday.