Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mini Missions with Points Legacy

Comments

• HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

@BrilliantDisaster and @JojoMOMSTER Here's how you train the toddlers. There's three that are convenient when they're toddlers. The rest are better with child/teen.

Here's where it shows your progress. I've barely started.

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/P5RYT1J6/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.54.16_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.54.16_PM.png

Then "Parenting"

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBnXcDdt/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.55.05_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.55.05_PM.png

Then either of the two

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/VvfdjN5r/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.55.16_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.55.16_PM.png

Teach to Say Sorry adds to Conflict Resolution

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/VNfpPQS9/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.56.18_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.56.18_PM.png

Teach Please and Thank You adds to Manners

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/DfH9JMDF/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.59.27_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_10.59.27_PM.png

And then for Responsibility, I open their toy box and drag out all of their toys, then get a toddler to "Clean up Toys" and whalla:

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/TPnMfqQG/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_11.02.07_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_11.02.07_PM.png

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/pX5swVsM/Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_11.02.37_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-08-28_at_11.02.37_PM.png

I love playing with toddlers, so I get them all the way up in these three before aging.
  • BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks very much @HomeMama for this helpful guide!
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I use the parenting menu so much! I love it. But I never realized what things added to the character values until they were kids and teens. When they ask for advice and perform certain actions. Had no idea I could work on it with toddlers too :)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

Thanks very much @HomeMama for this helpful guide!

You're so welcome! I'm sure we'll all learn lots of things from each other. :*
    I use the parenting menu so much! I love it. But I never realized what things added to the character values until they were kids and teens. When they ask for advice and perform certain actions. Had no idea I could work on it with toddlers too :)

I kind of stumbled onto it because I turn aging completely off and control it myself, so I stay in the toddler stage for awhile. They are so much more vibrant than simmers realize. They can collect shells and Easter eggs in their inventory, so I even start their collections young. And so so many more talk interactions become available the more you spend with them. Toddlers are my Favorite!!

Please don't be shy about posting Mini Missions!! Pretty pleaseeee. LOL I'm running out and getting tired of my own. I need more!!! :)
    Mini Mission:
    Buy/build a rocket ship OR buy/use telescope (small or large) for a minimum of five hours.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2022
    claiming points:

5 additional points for Nicolas's summer, winter and rain outfits
    5 points for screen captures of spawns
    5 point for 4 hours in games and always welcome, 24+ hours in game actually
    5 points for crafting violins
    5 points for collecting 10 harvestables out in the worlds including strawberry
    5 points for maxing a skill - -fishing

30 additional points added to 40 previous points for 70 points

Mini mission for game discovery
    5pts prepare all meals for one day with all the named ingredients available. eg: if you are making spaghetti that day you will have tomato, onion, mushroom and garlic.

Mini missions for family memories and leaving a legacy:

5pts purchase a storage item with its own inventory. The Ornate Beauty, Buyer Beware, Sticker Storage Box (EL), ICYA - Chest (DU), Supply Crate Storage Container (JB), or Unadorned Omiscan Treasure Chest (JA). Place five inventory items into the box for the next generation and tuck the packed box into household inventory.

5pts craft two excellent furniture items or rugs (woodwork, fabrication or knitting) and put them in household inventory for the next generation to use.

5pts take photos of/with one or more family members in five different worlds. Choose a few favs and make a photo wall in your Sim's home.

5pts Achieve level 3 painting, create a paint by reference of a child, toddler or family pet. When doing so, your Sim will stand in a "painting pit" a basement with roof removed and height adjusted with platform tool so that the painter and subject are approximately at eye level.

5pts Using one of the non-residential lot types, maybe park or art gallery, create a repository for your legacy. It will have 10 display areas, one for each generation to stock with inventory items. Mounted fish, selfies, paintings, whatever they want to leave in their section. It should also have amenities and facilities for the visitors.

Edit:

thank you @HomeMama for the refresher on toddlers and character values. I had completely forgotten about that because I put so much focus on their skills I forgot about the character values. I agree it is better start young with these. I have raised Sims to have most or all the character values and I agree they are really good Sims to play.
    @JojoMOMSTER Your mini challenge ideas are great! Congrats on getting so many points too. :smiley:
    Aww thanks @BrilliantDisaster! How’s your Simmie doing?
    @JojoMOMSTER They are still alive. So that's good. :lol:
    5 points for: Select "On Ley Line" as a lot trait and play with it for at least one pregnancy. ....Do we have a maniacal laughter emoji? :smirk:
    πŸ˜† πŸ‘Ώ πŸ˜†
    πŸ˜† πŸ‘Ώ πŸ˜†

That works. LOL
    edited August 2022
    @JojoMOMSTER Aww I love your camping with family picture! And that insect from GF is crazy...wow. Can you please copy/paste your new mini's to a separate post than your update to game? [edited to add: never mind. I think I have them all in the updated list. Just let me know if I missed anything.] I scan pretty quick to add things to the full list when needed, and I don't want to miss them. The rules are 3 mini's at a time from one person, but let's keep them all this time...I love your ideas and need more things to do. You have such great mini's that I'd never think of. (I don't know how to do all of what you said. Looking forward to learning!). Thank you!! I'm so glad you're here.

@BrilliantDisaster Hee hee...on ley line!!!! I already have twins...sheesh. I'll wait until I have a boyfriend/hubby and then turn it on. Right now she's rocking the single mom life. Maybe it's time to get one and complicate my game a little more. :D You can add up to 3 mini missions at a time. I'd love to see some more from you. I don't like it when all of them are my ideas. I have certain directions in the game, as we all do, and I like to be pulled out of my rut with all of your ideas!! @JojoMOMSTER is GREAT at pulling me out of my rut. Yay!

I've been super busy all weekend and didn't get to play sims, so I'm getting my little one's started on their school work and I'll have my computer in front of me playing while they work. My daughter's boyfriend asked for my husband's permission to marry her, and he's probably proposing tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited, but his proposal sounds boring to me, so I'm slightly disappointed. But. He's a great guy, and sometimes really great guys aren't talented in the romantic department, if you know what I mean. So I'm getting over it and moving on. I had a nightmare last night that he asked her and I found out on Facebook instead of her getting to tell me, lol.
    Post edited by HomeMama on
    edited August 2022
    @HomeMama You have such exciting news about your daughter!! :smiley: Also, I will try to think of more missions and will type them in a new post. Thanks for your encouragement and kindness.

Here is a little update for my Sim, Hazel Maze:
    Hazel has been doing a lot of fishing, collecting and stinking. She desperately needs a shower.

08-30-22_1-28-38_AM.png?width=1191&height=670

...So I saved up and built her one as part of a mini mission which is now complete.

08-30-22_6-44-37_AM.png?width=1191&height=670

She met Johnny Zest and he's been inviting her to different events and she says yes. When at the Geekathon (I forget its name) she sang and she also sang at the place across the street. She did a lot of public singing and she got herself noticed!

1_star.png
    COMPLETED:
    5pts Read Game set up and Rules in first post.
    5pts Favorite all pre-made sims in your game, save and name your Points game. Make sure aspirations show 0 if this is available to you.
    5pts With 14 day seasons, delete all default holidays and create 1 custom holiday per season (4 total)
    5pts Turn on and play with Lifestyles

NEW!
    5pts In 5 days, acquire tent, cooler, shower and outhouse (two tile and derelict toilet)
    5pts Get at least one celebrity star.

Total: 30!

Post edited by BrilliantDisaster on
    edited August 2022
    Mini Missions:

5pts Access Sylvin Glade and fish for (minimum) 1 hour there. (willow creek)
    5pts Get to lvl 10 Handiness
    5pts Access Forgotten Grotto and fish for (minimum) 1 hour there. (oasis springs) Needs lvl 10 handiness to access
    Post edited by BrilliantDisaster on

New Mini Missions:

5pts In CAS, give each family member an Everyday look using only Eco Living (and Base Game, for unavailable pieces).

5pts. (Make sure Neighborhood Stories is OFF first) Play the Johnny Zest household until he finds a significant other and you move them into his household as roommates or through marriage. If you're planning to marry Johnny Zest, you may choose another single-sim household from any world to complete this.

5pts Graft strawberry plant onto your perfect Bluebell plant. Harvest until you receive a new seed.

Mini Missions available, thus far:

Mini Missions related to Game Set-up:
    5pts Read Game set up and Rules in first post.
    5pts Favorite all pre-made sims in your game, save and name your Points game. Make sure aspirations show 0 if this is available to you.
    5pts With 14 day seasons, delete all default holidays and create 1 custom holiday per season (4 total)
    5pts Turn on and play with Lifestyles

Mini Missions for Early Gameplay:
    5pts In 5 days, acquire tent, cooler, shower and outhouse (two tile and derelict toilet)
    5pts Greet different sims with every type of introduction (friendly, funny, and rude, as well as respectful if you have SE) in your home neighborhood. (add flirty, Cheerful, and Enchanted)...extra credit for second gen; polite introduction added 5pts
    5pts Before acquiring the "Always Welcome" trait, visit a strangers home and try cooking, showering, and sleeping in their bed. (This can be at different times, and in different houses, but they must be at home).

Mini Missions for Build Mode and Land Management:
    5pts Build a Micro home on any empty lot, and if you have Tiny Living, turn the lot type to Micro. No cheating funds! Your sim has to live on it for at least a week in game.
    5pts Build a basement.
    5pts Harvest at least one Snapdragon and one Bluebell from the wild (no events, festivals, etc) and bring one of each to perfection.
    5pts increase your eco footprint to either green or industrial.
    5pts Refurbish Crick Cabana using Fleur-de-Lis Area Rug and adding washer/dryer; don't change outer wall shell.

Mini Missions for Relationships:
    5pts Befriend at least one of each occult type (ghost, vampire, alien, werewolf, spell-caster, and mermaid)

Mini Missions for Family Building and/or Household Rotation:
    5pts. Have a Nooboo and get toddler trait Conflict Resolution to full green or full red. NEW!
    5pts. (Make sure Neighborhood Stories is OFF first) Play the Johnny Zest household until he finds a significant other and you move them into his household as roommates or through marriage. If you're planning to marry Johnny Zest, you may choose another single-sim household from any world to complete this. NEW!

Mini missions for family memories and leaving a legacy:
    5pts purchase a storage item with its own inventory. The Ornate Beauty, Buyer Beware, Sticker Storage Box (EL), ICYA - Chest (DU), Supply Crate Storage Container (JB), or Unadorned Omiscan Treasure Chest (JA). Place five inventory items into the box for the next generation and tuck the packed box into household inventory. NEW!
    5pts craft two excellent furniture items or rugs (woodwork, fabrication or knitting) and put them in household inventory for the next generation to use. NEW!
    5pts take photos of/with one or more family members in five different worlds. Choose a few favs and make a photo wall in your Sim's home. NEW!
    5pts Achieve level 3 painting, create a paint by reference of a child, toddler or family pet. When doing so, your Sim will stand in a "painting pit" a basement with roof removed and height adjusted with platform tool so that the painter and subject are approximately at eye level. NEW!
    5pts Using one of the non-residential lot types, maybe park or art gallery, create a repository for your legacy. It will have 10 display areas, one for each generation to stock with inventory items. Mounted fish, selfies, paintings, whatever they want to leave in their section. It should also have amenities and facilities for the visitors. NEW!

Mini Missions for Exploration and Game Discovery:
    5pts Try every food, at least once, in the Fall food stall.
    5pts Get at least one celebrity star.
    5pts If you have Magnolia Promenade, reach level 7 fishing and fish there all of one day.
    5pts Screencap five unique spawns each in a different world. Examples: butterflies, bugs, chickens, seagulls, ducks, gecko, snake, tumbleweed, blinking red eyes, dolphin, bats. . . any animated spawn out in the world, not on a lot.
    5pts Buy/build a rocket ship OR buy/use telescope (small or large) for a minimum of five hours. NEW!
    5pts prepare all meals for one day with all the named ingredients available. eg: if you are making spaghetti that day you will have tomato, onion, mushroom and garlic. NEW!
    5 points for: Select "On Ley Line" as a lot trait and play with it for at least one pregnancy. NEW!

Mini Missions for Crafting and Collecting:
    5pts Five weeks to craft an instrument (requires level 8 handiness and level 8 in the instrument guitar or violin and a woodworking bench)
    5pts Gather 10 different harvestables from the world around you, making sure one of them is Strawberry, and start taking care of your garden.
    5pts Graft strawberry plant onto your perfect Bluebell plant. Harvest until you receive a new seed. NEW!

Mini Missions for Skill Building and Achievements:
    5pts Get one skill up to 10 (max)
    5pts Overmax all four child skills for your next heir. eg: max out mental, then gain a skill point in logic.
    5pts Get the achievement "Play Sims 4 for 4 hours" in this game, and purchase the "Always Welcome" trait.
    5pts If you have High School Years, max the entrepreneurial skill by playing an instrument in various public places

Mini Missions for CAS:
    5pts Create makeup looks for each category for your sim in CAS (repeats are fine), pick a hair you love from any pack, and add nails to fingers and toes.
    5pts In CAS, create 3 winter and 3 summer outfits, using Seasons Pack only, and make one of the winter outfits for a rainy day. (shoes, socks, and jewelry can be base game, if needed) [Extra credit: If you have children, 5pts extra for including them]
    5pts In CAS, give each family member an Everyday look using only Eco Living (and Base Game, for unavailable pieces). NEW!

If I have left anything out, please let me know so that I can edit this. Thanks for all the new Mini's!! I love them! Happy Simming

@BrilliantDisaster Awesome! I love how you have everything matching. And thank you...I'm excited! I love seeing all of the pictures.
    HomeMama wrote: Β»
    @BrilliantDisaster Awesome! I love how you have everything matching. And thank you...I'm excited! I love seeing all of the pictures.

Thanks! :smiley:
    edited August 2022
    I think I jumped into this challenge with both feet. Guess who just got married to Johnny Zest? <3

08-30-22_11-22-43_AM.png?width=1191&height=670
    08-30-22_11-22-55_AM.png?width=1191&height=670

Its a good thing funds came with him too, now they can build a tiny home! I'm very happy.

marriage_money.png

Edited to add: :sweat_smile:
    Well that didn't take long. LOL Tent woohoo after coming home from being married produced results neither one might be ready for. Time to build that micro home. Fast!

pregnant.png

Yes, On Ley Line is active. :sweat_smile:

5 points for: Select "On Ley Line" as a lot trait and play with it for at least one pregnancy.

Total: 35
    @HomeMama Here I thought I was being cheap by completing six missions and only posting five challenges. I will post two or three at a time to keep it simple.

I have a bit of an obsession in this game with mobile home floor plans and also modifying Johnny Zest's trailer.
    This is possibly my best one: Trailer 4 Sale or Rent. It is a functional double wide with 4 bedrooms that accommodates up to 8 sims easily.

zevvUhH.png

This is a starter that comes with a rocket ship included for starting funds: Scenario Starter

afzsAYh.png

I even wrote an entire challenge around mobile homes. I don't think anyone has ever played it, but I had fun putting it together and playing it myself.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995199/pick-a-side-a-build-and-play-challenge

5pts add a porch and master suite to Johnny's trailer (treat his trailer like a shell) for $10000 or less

5pts add a deck with grill to Johnny's trailer. It can be covered but no walls, for $5000 or less.
    Whoa! @BrilliantDisaster I mean, don't slow down for, well, anything . . .
    I really like your handiness challenges and Jojo is @ level nine so these are perfect.

I will probably play as Johnny once it's winter in my game since Windenburg in a tiny house is a bit dreary in winter.

time to update my Missions spreadsheet or do a Zest remodel
    @JojoMOMSTER I love love LOVE your double wide trailer! <3
    Also, thanks! :smiley:

Here is Hazel's (and Johnny) new micro home.

08-30-22_12-37-26_PM.png?width=1191&height=670

New Challenge Completed:
    5pts Build a Micro home on any empty lot, and if you have Tiny Living, turn the lot type to Micro. No cheating funds! Your sim has to live on it for at least a week in game.
    TOTAL: 40

edited August 2022
    Thanks @BrilliantDisaster Your cute micro home has everything they will need! Why are they dragging sand in? they need to wipe their feet, sheesh. I like that you kept your log bench from the campsite.