March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotels that aren’t in vacation worlds

IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
So I’ve had a hotel in my überhood that came in one of my downloaded subhoods for quite some time, and also some other lots that I’ve been thinking for a long time that I was going to turn into hotels, but I just haven’t gotten to it until now.

I read extensively about this a long time ago because I really wanted hotels in my überhood for some specific gameplay (married sims having affairs in cheap motels, castle turned into a hotel where groups can go and host weddings and then stay for the weekend, and also family vacations between my subhoods that are all really beautiful), and everyone kept saying that you need a specific mod to allow sims to sleep on community lots because otherwise they won’t be able to actually sleep in the hotel. This is the reason I’ve put it up for a long time: I don’t really want that mod for any other reason than the hotels, but the trade-off of having sims fall a sleep on all other community lots seemed to really suck.

The other day I turned one of my wedding venues (a beautiful castle that had so far just worked as a museum/wedding venue/restaurant like a regular community lot, but always planned on making it a hotel) into a hotel and tried it out. Mind you: I _don’t_ have the sleeping on community lots-mod. I never downloaded it. And to my amazement: it works fine anyway. My sims can sleep in the hotel just fine.

So I just wanted to let everyone else know this. Try for yourselves before downloading a mod to sleep in community lots, because as far as my game goes, you don’t need it.

I haven’t actually tried to own a hotel yet but I’m definitely going to try that and see if it works, if other sims will come and check in and so on. If not I suppose one can always use the sim blender to make them controllable and do it that way, though it would certainly be more fun if they do it themselves.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hotels or motels work just fine in the mainhood. (For the played Sim). I've been using them for years in mainhoods and subhoods (like Bluewater etc.). But Can't book a vacation at one within the mainhood, for your played Sim. If you invite a Sim to go along they will leave when arriving at the lot. Such as a fun outing and or on a date.

Sleep on Community lot's mod works if you want to stay several days at an owned business or if you just want make your Sim grab a snooze/sleep while out on any community lot.

Another mod that won't conflict with hotels and or the sleep on community lots is the mod that allows apartments above store fronts etc. A business (owned by the game/community) and apartments on the lot. It won't conflict with hotels in the main hood either.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hotels or motels work just fine in the mainhood. (For the played Sim). I've been using them for years in mainhoods and subhoods (like Bluewater etc.). But Can't book a vacation at one within the mainhood, for your played Sim. If you invite a Sim to go along they will leave when arriving at the lot. Such as a fun outing and or on a date.

Sleep on Community lot's mod works if you want to stay several days at an owned business or if you just want make your Sim grab a snooze/sleep while out on any community lot.

Another mod that won't conflict with hotels and or the sleep on community lots is the mod that allows apartments above store fronts etc. A business (owned by the game/community) and apartments on the lot. It won't conflict with hotels in the main hood either.

No absolutely, you can’t book a vacation and go to them, what I was saying was just that so many people in plenty of forums had written that you need the mod for sleeping on community lots to be able to sleep in the hotel and I just found out that that is in fact not the case, and I assume since I had read that several times that others likely will have too, so I just wanted to tell people that it actually works fine without that mod 🤗

When my sims went they actually went as an outing containing both household members and a couple of others, and they didn’t leave. While my household sims checked in and went to sleep they just hung out in the hotel and was doing their own stuff. I haven’t tried with a date yet but that would really suck because that’s the main gameplay I’m imagining using some of my hotels for. I’ll have to try it and if it doesn’t work try to find some way around it like maybe a sim blender on the lot to make them controllable or something.

I’ve seen the mod for apartments and community lots on the same lot but I never downloaded it. I use the lot adjuster instead to build stacked lots so I have a business on the bottom and other lots above, but they are still different lots. Just suited me better personally, but thanks for the tips 🤗