Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    lebgirl_18 wrote: »
    Hi. I've already posted this in the discussion but can someone create a clique based mod for the high school years pack. I would make it myself but I don't have the slightest clue on how to make a mod and I was hoping for this kind of feature in game. I understand they have join the football, cheer, chess, and computer team as careers but I kind of wanted to see them as actual groups you can join and the hierarchies of those groups. it would be nice to see these "cliques" interacting at school like the rivalry between the jocks and the nerds. The relationship between the greasers and the preppies, that kind of feature would be amazing to see in game

This almost sounds like an update to the "Get together" clubs feature.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Jeremy_GoneWildJeremy_GoneWild Posts: 4 New Member
    This is a really long thread so I'm sorry for not reading the whole thing before posting this, but I did use the search didn't see anyone asking for this. If someone else already posted this request I'm sorry.

I would really like a mod for social bunny that allows you to type your own messages. Or at least a mod that adds more premade messages. If the mod does both that would be amazing. Because it's kinda weird for full grown adults and elders to be posting about school lunch and pillow fights. And a lot of sims just repost things other sims already said.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Hello, does anyone knows of a mod for No Autonomous Social Bunny Post? Thanks.
  • Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    Inspired by Game of Thrones, I would like to have a mod that brings House Sigil marked on top of the households (or Sims), overriding the Plumbob mark above the households on the World Map.

Does anyone know or be kind to teach me how to make it?
  • EethVampEethVamp Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd like a mod for longer dates because my sims end up having a horrible time because of it. This date is abt to end before having deep conversations.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    VampellaYT wrote: »
    I'd like a mod for longer dates because my sims end up having a horrible time because of it. This date is abt to end before having deep conversations.

I use this mod which makes all party-type events longer: https://modthesims.info/d/558097/longer-parties-amp-more-guests.html

It doesn't specifically say that it affects dates, but I am pretty sure that dates in my game are now way longer and it's probably because of this mod, unless I have some other mod installed that I am not aware is doing this. Maybe try it and see if it helps.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Does anyone know of a mod that makes sims with high level cooking (and gourmet cooking, baking etc.) stop doing the fancy trick moves (or at least do them less frequently)?

I don't really want a mod that changes anything else about the cooking system. Just one that makes high skill sims chop and stir and so forth in a less flashy manner so I can get home cooking screenshots for a story that don't look so silly.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Does anyone know of a mod that makes sims with high level cooking (and gourmet cooking, baking etc.) stop doing the fancy trick moves (or at least do them less frequently)?

I don't really want a mod that changes anything else about the cooking system. Just one that makes high skill sims chop and stir and so forth in a less flashy manner so I can get home cooking screenshots for a story that don't look so silly.

There's the 'fastercooking' mod from Bienchen. Not sure if it'll do what you want though. Descriptions says "Tunes down the passive cooking interactions and thus makes cooking and baking faster." So might be worth a try?

https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/food-related/
    edited September 2022
    @loubyloulou Thanks! I've seen that one, though I haven't tried it, because I don't really want cooking to go faster. But I'll give it a try to see what it cuts out.

---

Update - Tried it. It cuts down on the time they spend just standing around staring into space or smelling their own cooking (which is helpful), but unfortunately, they still do the trick moves. Maybe slightly less, hard to tell, but not quite what I was looking for.
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Yoshibug20Yoshibug20 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to see some Get To Work professions that override jobs found in the base game, complete with the gameplay that comes with that type of career.
    It would also be really nice if there were modding tools to assist with creating custom scenarios.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    There is Zerbu's Turbo Career Mod which does add Get to Work styled jobs to Astronaut, Athlete, Business, Culinary, Criminal, Entertainer, Painter, Secret Agent, Tech Guru, and Writer.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    I know there is a mod that can teleport a sim, but is there a mod that can teleport all sims from all worlds to the same lot with one click???
  • Silversoul7Silversoul7 Posts: 13 New Member
    Wasn't sure whether to put this in this thread or in the bug report, but for a while now I haven't been able to order drinks from a mixologist. Often they're just standing outside aimlessly but even when they're right next to the bar it doesn't show the option to order a drink. I tried running without script mods and it seemed to away, but I can't seem to isolate the mod that's doing it. It seems like the kind of thing a small fix could patch right up, if anyone could help. Thanks.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Wasn't sure whether to put this in this thread or in the bug report, but for a while now I haven't been able to order drinks from a mixologist. Often they're just standing outside aimlessly but even when they're right next to the bar it doesn't show the option to order a drink. I tried running without script mods and it seemed to away, but I can't seem to isolate the mod that's doing it. It seems like the kind of thing a small fix could patch right up, if anyone could help. Thanks.

I would check all your food and drink mods to make sure they were up to date. Robin at MTS makes several of these, Andrew makes a mod that allows custom food and drink to be added to the menu (but neither it nor the foods and drinks that rely on it have been updated for a few months), Icemunmun and the Food group have mods for custom drinks interactions and custom foods interactions. Those can be found on Mod the Sims, along with Icemunmun's custom harvestables. Also, do you have the Werewolves pack? If so, maybe something is interfering from that pack, but you won't know until you remove EVERYTHING from your mods folder.

All your mods should be verified for the latest patch, or should be taken out of your game and slowly tested one at a time for compatibility. You can even rename your Mods folder if you have hard drive or external drive space and want to keep a backup copy. The only thing in there by default is the config file. Most tray files should be fine, so you can leave your Tray folder alone. (Any missing objects removed from the mods folder that were saved in tray rooms or lots simply disappear - I deal with this by adding $1k to the household funds kind of like the insurance payment that was given out in Sims 1 when objects were stolen, etc. as long as they were not repo'd.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Since the official toggle to turn off the Wants and Fears system is still glitched and unreliable, I'm starting to look for a mod that turns it off. But all I can find are mods that improve it or just turn off fears. I would like to turn off the whole system and all of its effects. Has anyone made such a mod yet?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    I'm also looking for a mod that makes it so that vampires don't have the breath steam-cloud when it's cold/freezing. I'm certain I saw a mod like this at some point, but I can't seem to find it now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • WinterdaysWinterdays Posts: 12 New Member
    I put in a request in CAS thread cause it was a mod that customized CAS but wasn't sure if it already existed. Right now I don't think it does so I'll post the idea here.

Werewolf dlc comes with a feature that lets you handpaint onto the fur ingame. Was wondering if someone could tranfer this over to humans or whatever to handpaint tattoos, facepaint, whatever. I can draw and I know a lot of other can also, if this was created I'm guessing it probably would be pretty big. Imagine if you hashtagged the mod with your handpainted tat in the gallery people could share there painted sims.

examples:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lI2Vuf-22M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzEuAdiw7Ck
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    @GlacierSnow On MTS there is a mod by tjadea recently posted that removes fears, wants and whims.
    @Ziafar Thank you so much for finding that! That looks like exactly what I need.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    @GlacierSnow You are welcome :)
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    A movie making mod would be cool or a storybook mod. A mod that would add a feature to document a sims life for a story. Since this mechanic in the game isn’t great, while also adding tips for movie making and adding ways to make sims make certain expressions or say certain things and call it ACTING. Also add some more dramatic reactions to things to make it more dramatic in film.
    A memory mod that effects sims differently where they maybe have a similar memory but based on traits react differently and remember it differently it could also be used to make certain relationships one sided.
    A better wants and fears system with more impactful traits since the game itself is currently struggling with that right now.
    More impactful trait mod. One to do with being nosy and preachy like Ms. crumplebottom. Instead of hopeless romantic trait a obsessive romantic trait would be funny where the sim becomes obsessed with a particular sim and it effects their want and fears list. A trait created where the sim never gets embarrassed about anything and has no shame.
    And a trait called the sheep trait, where this sim craves to follow others and wants to be like those he or she admires this one could also be an aspiration.
  • TzivaTziva Posts: 19 Member
    Is there a mod that allows you to duplicate worlds to get more lots? Like, say I want just a bunch more Newcrests to build in.