Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unwanted Roommates

I recently got the University Life expansion pack which has a roommate feature to it. Sims can be roommates at the University neighborhood and in their home neighborhood. After my Sim came back from the University I had him invite over one of his University friends. I wanted to move that Sim into the household but wasn't seeing the option to do that yet and so I tried making them a roommate first instead but ended up dismissing them as a roommate not very long after. They came back some time later and decided to be a roommate again without being asked to be one. I dismissed them again. I have since been able to move the Sim into the household but ever since that one Sim was dismissed as a roommate I keep getting random Sims coming into my Sim household and deciding to be a roommate. Also, I think it must be a little glitch that it's showing one of the cats in the household as being this Sims roommate. Is there a way to keep Sims from coming into my Sims household and just deciding to be a roommate?

Comments

• Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited May 2022
    You need to cancel the Roommate service on your sim's smart phone. I think it's under Real Estate options
  • Options
    Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    You need to cancel the Roommate service on your sim's smart phone. I think it's under Real Estate options

Oh, okay. Thanks. I'll look for that option next time I play the game.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2022
    If they get too annoying. Just put ‘em in a spare room and remove the door for 48 hours. That’ll get rid of him. And then put the headstone in the Graveyard.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    If they get too annoying. Just put ‘em in a spare room and remove the door for 48 hours. That’ll get rid of him. And then put the headstone in the Graveyard.

It was a little annoying but I wouldn't go that drastic of a route to get those Sims to stop coming into my Sims household as roommates like that. The only thing any of the Sims in my game dies from is old age. I dismissed the roommate services under the real estate options as was suggested and no more of those Sims have come into my household. However, I did send the Sim that I moved into my Sims household back to the University neighborhood to complete an unfinished degree it showed her as having. I sent two Sims at once this time. The more Sims you send at once the harder it gets to keep track of all of them though. I moved them into one of the dormitories which gives them several roommates, so I might have to dismiss the roommate services again later if that brings it back on from Sims staying in the dorms.
  • Options
    faceface Posts: 21 Member
    Kill them.