Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Archers Name Game Challenge - Update 08/28/22

Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
Inspired by some of the great stories I've read here, I decided to try my hand at a Name Game Challenge. I plan to keep their story updated here and will likely hope for some opinions on heirs when I get to that point.

The Founder
jxobM2q.png

Xolani was pulled from my 100 baby family challenge save to start this off, because she's cute and has a good name to start with. Also, I've become rather attached to that family ;) I did not realize how much info stays with them when a sim is pulled from my library, as it's not a thing I've really done before. She grew up in that previous challenge, and has the extra traits and skills that go along with growing up in The Sims. So, I added in the info that shows relevant differences from a fresh out of CAS sim (some skills, extra traits, and less money). I did check out the rules after realizing this, and didn't find any info about having a sim start with anything off. I don't usually like to do things that seem cheaty to me, so if it seems genuinely unfair after I really get into it, I just won't count points for her skills or something. I'm mostly just playing for fun, though I've never kept track of points in a challenge before, and I do plan to this time.

The Letters:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Other Goals:
Careers:

Aspirations: 10 points
  • Master Chef - Xolani
  • Master Mixologist - Xolani

Skills: 47 points
  • Charisma - Paka'a
  • Comedy - Paka'a
  • Cooking - Xolani, Paka'a
  • Fitness - Paka'a, Xolani
  • Gourmet Cooking - Xolani
  • Handiness - Xolani
  • Mixology - Xolani
  • Painting - Xolani
  • Violin - Osvaldo

Collections:

Paintings: 2 points - Paka'a, Osvaldo

Toddler Skills: 30 points
  • Communication - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Laurant, Angelo, Nevaeh
  • Imagination - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Laurant, Angelo, Nevaeh
  • Movement - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Laurant, Angelo, Nevaeh
  • Potty - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Laurant, Angelo, Nevaeh
  • Thinking - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Laurant, Angelo, Nevaeh
Child Aspirations: 15 points
  • Artistic Prodigy - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Angelo, Nevaeh
  • Whiz Kid - Osvaldo, Laurant, Angelo, Lorenzo
  • Rambunctious Scamp - Ximena, Laurant, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Nevaeh
  • Social Butterfly - Angelo
Child Skills: 35 points
  • Motor - Ximena, Laurant, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Angelo
  • Creativity - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Angelo, Nevaeh
  • Mental - Osvaldo, Ximena, Laurant, Lorenzo, Angelo
  • Social - Osvaldo, Laurant, Lorenzo, Angelo
Child A in school: 5 points - Ximena, Osvaldo, Lorenzo, Laurant, Angelo

Teen A for 3 days: 1 point - Ximena

Teen Careers: 1 point - Ximena

Occult born: 3 points - Laurant, Angelo, Nevaeh
Post edited by Dinkus83 on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Gen 1 - Chapter 1

Xolani moves into the Sapphire Shores lot in Sulani. Unless something goes really wonky, I plan on them staying on the same lot for the whole challenge. Mermaids are the only occult I have available in my game, so that's what we're going for. Xo immediately starts perusing her phone, completely unconcerned that this is an empty lot.
    l1WuK9S.jpg
    She gets a micro house built with the little money she has left after buying the lot. The lot comes with the Oceanic Paradise trait, and I added Homey and Science Lair. I also added the Off-the-Grid challenge to start out, since she is mostly broke after building the house.
    WEiHx5l.jpg
    ctkK8a0.jpg

Xo immediately gets a job in the Culinary field, since her aspiration is to be a Master Mixologist.
    IJknXabm.jpg

Which reminds me that she needs a bar for her aspiration, so we plunk one down outside. (She already has stools inside.)
    RZJqTZj.jpg

Xo must realize now how poor she is, because she decides to hunt for seashells on the beach.
    bFgZiDz.jpg

A bit later, the Island Welcome Wagon shows up with some kava, so Xolani goes to greet them.
    Xpips6y.jpg

She is good friends with all the ladies by them time they leave thanks to the micro house bonus, despite the fact that it's super dark in the house and there's not much seating. Thank goodness they weren't too judgy ;)Why is the house so dark, you ask? Well, Xo's awesome builder (that's me) always forgets about off-the-grid lighting and puts regular lights in until she sees the darkness in a house. :D
    SNC1kEJ.jpg

The next day, Xo discovers that there's an easel just up the path from her house! So, she tries to make a bit of money painting before work begins.
    bnA3idk.jpg

Then, she wanders off to head to work, staring at her phone the whole way. The phone thing is driving me a little nutty. She just won't stop looking at it.
    OBYEm8S.jpg

The next day is a day off, so it's time to go meet some folks. Xo does have 6 pregnancies to get through. She heads over to the bar.
    i2Cuiae.jpg

An evil girl yelled at her for no reason, which made Xo very angry! She was no good at talking to anyone after that. So, I sent her off to do some fishing at the beach until she calms down. Obviously, I forgot that's a bad idea for her... Not a very productive day off.
    xmoz53Xm.jpgZ0x92NQm.jpg

The next day, things are looking up. Xo runs up to the easel and paints a masterpiece! That's going on Plopsy immediately!
    cxcB0Kr.jpg

She invites Paka'a over to hang out, since he is the only unattached YA that she met yesterday, and he becomes her boyfriend!
    kxmV9qe.jpg

Xo heads off to the public beach to bum their wifi to buy a lottery ticket. She seems convinced that her money troubles are over now.
    QQUvAKO.jpg

Then, she goes back home and invites Paka'a over again for a big surprise!
    EpTIlth.jpg

They immediately elope, because this is a thing that you can do in TS4. (Have I mentioned she needs to have 6 kids?)
    yMttveK.jpg

And, they are so happy that goofball Paka'a has to go to sleep as soon as he moves in to save himself from his hysteria.
    Post edited by Dinkus83 on
  • Options
    Gen 1 - Chapter 2

Paka'a brought some simoleons with him when he moved in so we've stretched the house out a bit now. It's not a micro house anymore, but since no one is really gardening here, it doesn't change much. There needs to be room for kids, so you'll notice more changes along the way.
    P0zG5ss.jpg
    Xolani learns that she doesn't get to be an instant simoleonaire. Alex Moyer won the lotto. The immortal one, really? lol
    BLogy6tm.jpg

It's time to get started on these 6 required kids, so Xo has big news!
    AYX10QM.jpg

Then they head to the public beach, so Paka'a can bum the wifi and look for a job. Xo tags along to hunt for some new seashells.
    G9wE7ay.jpg

He's joined the entertainer career and will start tomorrow! Normally with a bunch of kids, I'd have one parent stay home. Since I'm tracking points, we need to try to get more careers done too. I still haven't decided which branch he should pick when he gets to that point, but he has music lover and goofball traits, so either would be a good fit.
    HcGkcCxm.jpg

That evening, while Xo is at work, Paka'a heads to a bar to meet some new sims. He has the Friend of the World aspiration and wants to listen to music, so he gets both while he's out.
    WraMGGL.jpg

He plays the piano a bit too, to get practice time in for his new job.
    WrdEbBb.jpg

Right about the time he's finished introducing himself to enough new sims, we get the notification that Xo earned a promotion!
    muPfO2s.jpg

The next day Paka'a is off to his new job! I've never seen him in any kind of formal-ish look before, so this amused me.
    UV2ce2t.jpg

While he's gone, Xolani masters the cooking skill! She has a lot more cooking to do before this is over, so she definitely gets points for this skill.
    qIE0xVd.jpg

She spends some time practicing her mixology as well.
    vw9unTG.jpg

Xo finishes the first milestone of her aspiration. And then, the second milestone pops immediately after.
    2MaeMv2.jpg
    1E5wmKn.jpg

Xo is so happy, even though she's huge.
    lDq1Qmw.jpg

Paka'a is back at the bar trying to make friends and listen to music, when we get a notification that Xolani has earned another promotion!
    U7iXOWr.jpg

Sunday is Bunny Day, and it's panic time for Paka'a. Xo just wants her salad and is mostly unconcerned with this labor thing.
    r06jk2N.jpg

After finishing her salad, the Flower Bunny has shown up, and Xo decides to let him feel her belly before they head to the hospital.
    1dl1ji6.jpg

Welcome baby Ximena!
    cfk7BT1.jpg

The family now - one letter down, 5 more to go.
    FSlpRkB.jpg
  • Options
    Gen 1 - Chapter 3

We start this chapter off with Paka'a earning a promotion! I still haven't decided on his future branch yet, but probably music, since he gets more time practicing that.
    pIAQNFg.jpg
    And then he's met enough people in enough places that all he needs for his aspiration is higher charisma skill. So, he spends some time at the mirror.
    jCdtBIy.jpg

As a celebration for how well they've been doing, they decide it's time to go on the grid.
    b30hFxVm.jpg

The next day Xolani has more big news!
    hug9QU5.jpg

And then Paka'a gets promoted again! They are on a roll!
    gq7XYaum.jpg

Xo maxes out her mixology skill.
    aJpI3Wt.jpg

And Ximena ages up to toddler!
    AK2zCJS.jpg

Paka'a teaches her how to talk, while Don Lothario creeps at the front door.
    K1IEVnV.jpg

They added some bigger toddler things outside.
    C9U0q65.jpg

Inside, they walled off the bedroom and added a toddler area for Ximena.
    1ZFH1oe.jpg

Xo is very good at potty training! "We don't want any yellow pants around here."
    tksYTEj.jpg

The next day, they both have a day off work, so they throw a house party. Xolani needs to make some drinks at an event for her aspiration. Now she just needs to get promoted again to pick the mixology branch.
    cIkSt0S.jpg

Ximena enjoys her new dollhouse.
    yzU6b8W.jpg

And then they're back at potty training, but done already! Tiny houses are awesome :)
    jPdX1J6.jpg

That night, Paka'a was feeling especially playful, so I sent him to do a painting for fun... forgetting that it's not fun for him.
    htDM0NZm.jpg

So, this is the only painting he will do. Enjoy!
    WD7Ptqo.jpg

The family now, with baby #2 on the way.
    Sm8Wf8i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Gen 1 - Chapter 4

It's time for Love Day! And, another holiday baby!
    aHTba4T.jpg
    Welcome baby Osvaldo! And this seems a good time to note that I am randomizing names, as well as traits. If, later on, there are only a few letters I need, I may start naming based on that. But, for now, I just hit random until I get one that starts with the correct letter.
    3nzW3Wk.jpg

And Ximena finishes off her last skill for all those points!
    ZzH168L.jpg

That evening, Xolani comes home with her promotion where she gets to pick the mixology branch!
    vJlx8hG.jpg

Paka'a gets another promotion too!
    9BrWoxT.jpg

Now that Xo's been able to branch off to mixology, the rest of her aspiration is a piece of cake.
    MzVYQQ6.jpg

She gets the cooking one next, since that should be easy for her too.
    KVSRpu9m.jpg

We had a scary bug in the game where Osvaldo kept getting left home alone. Poor baby :'(
    7KBhs97.jpg

Undeterred by the crazy, Xolani has more big news! Still 4 letters to go.
    mbYF71F.jpg

After which Paka'a had to go calm himself from a bout with hysteria. Around this point is when I decided he has to pick the comedy branch. Poor guy is always so playful and terrifying me.
    4rE9x0u.jpg

But, he made it through and calmed down for a nice dinner with Ximena on the toddler bed.
    ZaqU3qA.jpg

The next day Osvaldo is ready for toddlerhood. He rolled the independent trait, which makes perfect sense considering he kept being left alone as a baby lol.
    DwKCvEv.jpg

The family now, with baby #3 on the way!
    G17WIiF.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I was a bit behind from my gameplay, so decided to drop another chapter in here today to catch up.

Gen 1 - Chapter 5

Paka'a has earned a promotion and got to pick the comedy branch! His constant hysteria will hopefully be put to good use here ;)
    jmRAs29.jpg
    Paka'a is also still trying to make some more friends for his aspiration. He hasn't devoted much time to this lately, between work and children. Hopefully he'll be able to finish before this generation is over.
    SdOUCsG.jpg

The goofball also got a laptop for joke writing and will trade his guitar in for a microphone.
    N9k9r4J.jpg

I just love the animation for cleaning toddlers up in the sink, so cute!
    o2VpHES.jpg

Now Ximena has another kid to play with, and they've had a blast!
    s7Yf0mQ.jpg

Since Ximena is done with skills, and there's time to kill, Xo decides to build a sand sculpture with her.
    tqHkVm5.jpg

Just as they finish the sculpting, it's time to go off to the hospital again.
    66EQG8J.jpg

And they get twins! Xo is holding Lorenzo, and Paka is holding Laurant ...Yay!
    kVzeBw0.jpg

And just after the twins are born, Osvaldo finishes up his skills too. Tiny houses really rock :)
    8GsIlt1.jpg

Thankfully, it's time for Ximena's birthday! She rolled the Loves Outdoors trait and got the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, which should be a breeze. She also joined Scouts, which I think counts for Teen career points. I'll have to double check that.
    G0tjUVK.jpg
    lx2RtG1.jpg

They added a bunk for her inside and more big stuff outside that she'll need for her aspiration. Twins really messes up what I'd planned for a bed situation, so we'll see what happens after this :D
    JflTRHd.jpg
    39IdVYS.jpg

Well, at least someone is happy about the twins.
    4oRevj2.jpg

Xolani is still undeterred by the madness and announces that baby "A" (hopefully not multiple again) is on the way!
    xVYp456.jpg

And then she heads out to max her painting skill.
    t1dPLWU.jpg

In the wee hours of the morning, Xo comes home with another promotion! I think she just needs 2 or 3 more, so almost there.
    1z9rbhf.jpg

The family now, 3 letters down, 3 more to go.
    uUxcJ5n.jpg
  • Options
    Gen 1 - Chapter 6

We begin with some very pregnant neighbors dropping off extra food. Too bad Xolani is at work, or she could join in the pregnant parade.
    gojI8ie.jpg
    It's time for the twins to age up to toddlers! First Lorenzo; he got the silly trait.
    Ij11Nvd.jpg

Then Laurant, who rolled independent, and appears to be our first merbaby!
    nQ9iK3A.jpg

A bit later, Ximena finally gets a high score on Keyboard Commander and finishes her aspiration. So, she also gains points for having max motor skill. She gets the creative aspiration next.
    NnxCkV3.jpg

The next morning, it's go time again, but Xolani wants to stay in bed just a bit longer.
    SC8Twez.jpg

She did end up deciding this wasn't something she could sleep through, so welcome baby Angelo!
    U2pnEqA.jpg

I really think these toddlers may be plotting something.
    Hkwh5uS.jpg

Xo maxes her gourmet cooking skill.
    gICMD8y.jpg

Xi maxes her creativity.
    0amXEnE.jpg

And Paka'a gets promoted again!
    eIk6GHe.jpg

The next day, independent Laurant was having attention issues, so Paka'a played with him in the sand for a while.
    oFAoyBk.jpg

And it's time for Osvaldo's birthday! He rolled Loner for his trait, and Whiz Kid for the aspiration. And that hot weather outfit was the only one where he was wearing glasses, so I removed them.
    EL9MJpC.jpg
    B5Zxf67.jpg

Then Paka'a had storytime with the kids before they went off to bed.
    rGC2iep.jpg

A straggler joined in late. No chair for you Ximena!
    oanewf7.jpg

The family now - 4 letters down, 2 more to go! With the surprise twins though, I realized, at least Ximena will have to move out before they can finish up.
    miTrs5R.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I spent some time playing around with Wordpress when I had an extra day off this week, and got a blog set up for this challenge, here. I've seen some great ones, and mine isn't great yet, but hopefully it will get prettier as I have time to play around with it. I also got a new chapter posted there, but I forgot to link it here.

Gen 1 - Chapter 7
    miTrs5R.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2022