Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

1202122232426...Next

Comments

• mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hey Gang,

I just started a new Legacy Challenge with an episodic story that goes along with it. New chapters posted every Saturday. Check it out here: The Gordon Legacy (a sordid tale of passion, fame, and fortune).

No longer doing this story.
    Post edited by mickimagnum on
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• wickerpeachwickerpeach Posts: 16 Member
    hey y'all, about 2 weeks ago I started my first decades challenge (and my first sims challenge in general); started of course in the 1890's and now I'm in the early 1950's

it's a mix of just gameplay screenshots and some actual narrative thrown in there if I feel like doing a proper backstory for some of my characters, honestly just having fun

if you wanna check it out, it's on my tumblr :]
  • wickerpeachwickerpeach Posts: 16 Member
    > @wickerpeach said:
    > hey y'all, about 2 weeks ago I started my first decades challenge (and my first sims challenge in general); started of course in the 1890's and now I'm in the early 1950's
    >
    > it's a mix of just gameplay screenshots and some actual narrative thrown in there if I feel like doing a proper backstory for some of my characters, honestly just having fun
    >
    > if you wanna check it out, it's on my tumblr :]

sorry for double posting but it wont let me edit hah, i am sims-himbo on tumblr
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2022
    Oops, wrong thread! Sorry, ignore this!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    I have just created a thread where I will post about my Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge that I recently finished! You can find it here,
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • dbrh79dbrh79 Posts: 9 New Member
    Try this one I created and am playing atm

**The Start from Nothing Challenge**

You start with a basic cheap house, with an end goal of having completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration AND have $100,000 AND have a 100 tile house.

The rules:
    No cheats EXCEPT the money cheat to set money to zero once you've built your micro house.

To start:
    Create a sim, any gender, any traits, but aspiration MUST be the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    Create a 20 tile home on an empty lot.

Buy the CHEAPEST items below and only these 8 items:
    Single bed,
    Shower,
    Toilet,
    Fridge,
    Stove,
    Fire alarm,
    Counter and sink,
    Armchair

Then use the cheat to set money to zero.

Now your sim is out in the world and needs to make their money any way they can, working their way up to a better life. You can start improving the house and buying better furniture once you can afford it.

Win criteria:
    1) Complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    2) AND have $100,000
    3) AND have a 100 tile house.

#Sims4challenge #Sims4startfromnothingchallenge
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    Hello!

I've been gone from the sims community for a long time now - I used to write sims 3 stories back in the day. I just decided to get the sims 4, and now I've written a new story.

It's called Lucky Girl and it's about a girl called Evelyn who is spending her summer in a small seaside village with her two best friends, Kelly and Claire. While she's there she struggles for the first time with questions about her friendships, her future, and first love, as she meets a beautiful boy in a holiday house at the other end of the beach.

It's is not really a love story, It’s more about growing pains, and decisions in friendship and in love, and the way that it feels to be seventeen, nineteen, twenty one, the time in your life when everything is full of longing and life is busting with excitement and intensity.

I am writing it so that I might be able to put some of my own lingering feels from that time into words. If nobody else reads, it, no problem, but if you do, I'll be super happy to have you on my blog!

Here's the link: https://luckygirlstory.wordpress.com/

and my simblr in case you want to follow me there: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/hannahssimblr

oupmhiqrtqfm.png
    https54lcxa5ashon.png
    8gacry2hncvh.png

s54gWQ5.png
  • SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 176 Member
    I write The Duchelli Legacy.

It can also be found here on my personal blog.

It is a simlit, although it started out as a pretty normal legacy challenge, but then some plot arrived. It's going to span 12 generations.

It all starts with Alexandra, our founder, who left home with nothing but the clothes on her back and a little cash in her pocket. She wanted to be a famous musician, but things doesn't always turn out the way we want them to. We will follow her descendants to see if they will ever learn that life is what happens while you were busy making other plans.

If you're too busy to start from the very beginning, Chapter 26 gives a decent introduction to what has happened in Gen 3 so far. You can also start from Chapter 19 to get some background before going into Generation 3.
    generation5julia.png
  • mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    Hi everyone! I just started a new series that is part story and part Bachelor(ette) Challenge! It will be an on-going story with a new cast every season.

e6b30fcf717954a54f341bb3271c39d4ad78f2ed.png

Season one just started. You can read it at my blog: mickimagnum.
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2022
    I write The Incel Diaries on my blog, Delinquent Sims.

Melvin is a Nice Guy (TM) or, rather, an incel in its pupal stage. Will Melvin learn about empathy and common decency? Or will he grow up to be an entitled narcissistic garbage sim? Follow along on Melvin's journey.

This simlit is a comical, semi-game-led series based on a challenge.
    nZLbne1.jpg

• SupergirldaynaSupergirldayna Posts: 13 New Member
    All these stories seem so good! I can't wait to start reading!
  • SupergirldaynaSupergirldayna Posts: 13 New Member
    I haven't read any sims stories/legacy challenges since the sims 4 came out. Does anyone write legacy stories where the simmer and sim talk to each other, its usually written in this format

Hey Sim!
    Walt: Um, who are you?
    Im you're creator
    Sim: You're my what? And where are you?

I might start writing a new legacy story in this style but would love to read some others first!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I haven't read any sims stories/legacy challenges since the sims 4 came out. Does anyone write legacy stories where the simmer and sim talk to each other, its usually written in this format

Hey Sim!
    Walt: Um, who are you?
    Im you're creator
    Sim: You're my what? And where are you?

I might start writing a new legacy story in this style but would love to read some others first!

I know @Shadami does something like that in some of her stories.
    image.png
  • AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    I've created my own legacy challenge involving famous TV Families... I'm actually play testing it.... the first family is the addamses, and the first time i started playing them, gomez caught on fire, fester set several fires trying to cook, and morticia died of starvation...
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    @AlleyKat213 I love this idea. I'm a big fan of Classic TV so I would definitely play this.
  • AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2023
    its got its own thread now.... rules and the generations are on there.... i wrote 8 pages worth of material, and decided it was a good stopping point but theres room for more. .. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007719/new-tv-families-legacy-challenge#latest
  • MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    Only the first chapter but have many chapters already written, sims 4 wolf shifter story, The Alinta Pack. https://dontbeemean.wordpress.com/2023/04/15/the-alinta-pack/
  • alpha_baealpha_bae Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello~!

I've just started my first SimsLit story with your classic legacy: The Barton Legacy found on my blog here: https://pixeldreaming.wordpress.com/

I'm hoping to be able to update it fairly regularly (twice a month or so), but I have a lot of other ideas I wanna do as well so .... we'll see lol.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hi! I started a legacy story based on my Sims Through The Ages challenge in February and Generation V just started on Christmas Eve.

The thread in the forums is here

You can read the story from the beginning on my blog lizzielilyy.com

Gen-1.webp

Updates are every Wednesday and Sunday at 3pm UK time (Gen V Chapter Two is today!)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • JadeKadoaJadeKadoa Posts: 32 Member
    With my current fascination on fairytales at its all time high, I am excited to introduce my hyperfocus love child, GrimmTails.

I hope to get through 10 fairytales (not just grimm tales) in new and interesting ways. My first chapter has been published and I hope to get one out each week!

Generation One
    Prologue
    Ch 1.1

Maya Grimm, born into the opulent world of Willow Creek, once found solace on the shores of Sulani until a tragic incident left her paralyzed by a fear of water. Despite the wealth and influence of her prestigious family, Maya's heart belongs to the mysterious man who saved her from the waves. Fast forward four years, and Maya has carved a new life in the coastal town of Tomarang with her devoted boyfriend, Marcos.

As Maya attempts to overcome her aquatic phobia, a chance encounter with Alexander, a gifted mute guitarist, sparks a transformative journey. In this modern-day retelling of "The Little Mermaid," the traditional roles are reversed. The narrative unfolds from the perspective of the "prince", as Maya navigates the complexities of her heart.

Drawn to Alexander's silent melodies and enigmatic charm, Maya finds herself entangled in a web of emotions that challenges the foundations of her life with Marcos. Generation One explores the dynamics of love, identity, and destiny as Maya grapples with uncovering the truth about her savior from the sea and unraveling the depths of her own heart.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited March 1
    Removed post, not sure where this story is going in terms of content and unsuitability for the forum, so will keep it off forum from now on.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top