Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    iEUnVJm.png
    I've already used this one but I thought it was interesting how bad the acne gets my first teen who had trouble with it was too dark for it to be too noticeable. I remember I had it bad so it is like a bitter niceness I think.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm going into my third week of high school and these are some things that I've found that work well for my gameplay. Being that the base game aspects of high school are functional, I've been sending my Sim alone to school on Mondays and Tuesdays. He receives a school project on Mondays and turns it in on Tuesday. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I'm at home focused on his stay-at-home mom and his little sister, Lexie, who is a toddler. I've enjoyed going to school with him Wednesdays to Fridays since the school day goes by fairly quickly. The lunch hour is longer which is a bonus because I also really enjoy the social aspect of being a teen.

Aaron's traits are Bro, Party Animal and Muser. During his first house party he did some party tricks. Not sure how many party tricks there are since I've only seen two different ones so far.
    Party-Tricks.jpg
    Although I call the prom events something different each time, Aaron has attended two so far—Spring Fling and Homecoming. Kevin from the trailer invited Aaron over to a pre-prom gathering which happened around 3 pm I think. Aaron's mom made cookies for everyone to enjoy and he invited along his friends.
    Pre-Prom-1.jpg

Although I like the build items and have used them a lot when I made over many teen bedrooms, I only made a couple changes to Aaron's room as I already liked the way it looked.
    Teen-1.jpg

Here are some pictures from the Homecoming dance. Typically there are two chaperones—both times it has been the principal and the female teacher. The principal really knows how to have fun—here she is shaking her groove thing.
    Homecoming-1.jpg

On both occasions, the Sims I voted for won.
    Homecoming-2.jpg

The sweat heart dance is really nice to watch; plus, they actually dance for quite a long time.
    Homecoming-4.jpg

There's the jester who I voted for in the background. Not sure if he's a jokester; yet, he won nonetheless.
    Homecoming-5.jpg

Aaron is learning to play the guitar so he went to the school music room to practice. Although two teachers and a student came in to listen to Aaron play, they did not enjoy it. Give him a break as he just started learning to play the guitar.
    Teen-6.jpg

Aaron received some interested emotions buffs from sucking at guitar playing in front of others. During class he broke out in tears as a result. I think that the autonomous in class animations will depend on how they feel. I've seen him do things in class all on his on. As weeks go by, I've been seeing different students attend class which is nice. Unfortunately, I have yet to see the maximum student appear in class yet so that the lot is at 20 sims. :'(
    Teen-7.jpg

Career day just happened one day after the first class. Thank goodness this is a rarity in the game. Man I hope this happens once a Sim year. :# Well, this is what happened. Aaron arrived and as you can see the janitor is there, a chef and I have no idea what that lady's career actually is.
    Teen-3-Career-Day.jpg

So, I went up the the mystery lady's table and listened to her career spiel to see if I could decipher what she did for a living. Sure, I could have asked her. But, the only adults my Sims knows besides his parents are the school faculty. It would be funny if they have professionals show up in various costumes—like a clown costume—anything to mix things up a bit.
    Teen-5.jpg

Aaron is only 15 so the event was pretty boring to him. To pass the time, he decided to have a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and play video games on the computer.
    Teen-4.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited August 2022
    I'm having so much fun with the addition of this pack. Every dance that my Sim, Aaron, attends with his crush, Bella Purdy, I change her attire for the dance. This is what she'll be wearing to the next school dance.
    Bella-Purdy-The-Crush.jpg

Aaron will be matching his date's attire.
    Aaron-Formal.jpg
    As I've been playing and trying to discover things, I've made some slight changes to my high school build. Before and after school starts, I've been seeing Sims using various build items. Because I play with aging off, I think eventually I will see all of the teens filter in and out of high school. Currently two of Aaron's friends are their—his best friend Alexander Goth and another friend of his. Since his BFF is at high school, I do have several BFF conversations to select from.

Has anyone figured out how the sneak option works? Is this a rarity? I'm still trying to discover this. I received a pop-up but I accidently hit the X button; so, I may have missed it if it was related to sneaking out.

New layout for the interior of my high school. Basically, I moved then combined the computer and chess room, moved the music room and added some more paint easels to the art room.
    HS-Interior.jpg
    This really is a beautiful world. The way they did the seating around the auditorium is how you see it at some high schools. Its nice to look around and enjoy the scenery from time to time.
    Auditorium-location.jpg

Because my sims kept running into the platform under the statue, I decided to remove it. Having plenty of space out front enables Sims the spacing they need to toss around the platform.
    HS-Exterior.jpg

So this is class room 1 with Aaron and one of his close friends, Daniel Traus, sitting next to him.
    Class-1-Daniel-Traus.jpg

In class room 2 is Aaron's BFF, Alexander Goth. As long as I'm playing TS4, I will always keep the TS4 version of the Goth's in my game since they have a look that I like. For awhile, I had two mean girls at school but now there is only one. The girl sitting next to Alexander is a mean girl. Typically when a fight breaks out, she is always the instigator and the one involved. She is the bully of the school for now. 😂 Many times I've been tempted to look at the class room 2's teacher's traits because this guy enjoys painting pictures form time to time and he's actually really good at it.
    Class-2-BFF-Alexander-Goth.jpg

At the end of the school day, Aaron decided to toss around the football with his BFF, Alexander. Several students where holding up signs promoting what seemed to be their after school activity. I think they were trying to get you to join.
    Football.jpg

One of the reasons new packs stay fresh for me is because I gradually incorporate them into my family gameplay. So, the family had a park day and invited some of Aaron's friends. The majority was made up of toddlers and their parents since Aaron's little sister, Lexie, is a toddler.

Park Day Photos
    Aaron in the middle along with his BFF, Alexander, and Alexander's girlfriend, Angel. She's not as into Aaron's jokes as Alexander was. Sims are so interesting to watch.
    Park-Day-1.jpg

Toddler Cara explaining how she leaned to go potty all on her own to Yui.
    Park-Day-2.jpg

Tamika is so proud of herself for grabbing something to eat all on her own. She's headed to a seat to enjoy her food.
    Park-Day-3.jpg

Aaron's dad, Oliver, is such a great dad. He likes taking his family on various outings. The little red head tot is Nico. He's such a playful little dude.
    Park-Day-4.jpg

August's parents, Collin and Paige, are reading him a story. Yet, for some reason August doesn't seem to be having a good time right now. That's Nico's (little red head tot) dad, Ryan, in the background walking to check on his little fella.
    Park-Day-5.jpg

Here is Yui's son, Matteo. The little guy is a little unhappy because he's hungry. So, he's wobbling along to grab something to eat. He wonders where are his mommy and daddy when he needs them; they are really close by. You gotta love toddler reasoning.
    Park-Day-7.jpg

Lexie playing in the ball pit as her mom, Debra, loving looks on. Lexie feels this is the best day ever because all her little toddler friends are here. All and all, it was a good Park Day. :smile:
    Park-Day-6.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi @Hearts4u , very cute Park Day :)
    For sneaking out, I have had it a few times now, here is what I experienced
    - You get a call late at night, sometime during the first week that the sim is a teen, inviting your sim to a party. It doesn't have to be a new sim or a new save.
    - The caller is always a teen Friend, possibly always a Good Friend. So it may depend on making a teen Friend or Good Friend early, during the first week of teenhood.
    - You don't have to have the special window or trellis to sneak out. You do have to click on the ground to see the "sneak out" option, which will only appear after clicking "yes" to the phone call.
    - The time they're at the party seems to be random. My most recent one was at the party for about 18 hours!

Post edited by mightysprite on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    As I've been playing and trying to discover things, I've made some slight changes to my high school build. Before and after school starts, I've been seeing Sims using various build items. Because I play with aging off, I think eventually I will see all of the teens filter in and out of high school. Currently two of Aaron's friends are their—his best friend Alexander Goth and another friend of his. Since his BFF is at high school, I do have several BFF conversations to select from.

Has anyone figured out how the sneak option works? Is this a rarity? I'm still trying to discover this. I received a pop-up but I accidently hit the X button; so, I may have missed it if it was related to sneaking out.

New layout for the interior of my high school. Basically, I moved then combined the computer and chess room, moved the music room and added some more paint easels to the art room.
    HS-Interior.jpg
    This really is a beautiful world. The way they did the seating around the auditorium is how you see it at some high schools. Its nice to look around and enjoy the scenery from time to time.
    Auditorium-location.jpg

Because my sims kept running into the platform under the statue, I decided to remove it. Having plenty of space out front enables Sims the spacing they need to toss around the platform.
    HS-Exterior.jpg

So this is class room 1 with Aaron and one of his close friends, Daniel Traus, sitting next to him.
    Class-1-Daniel-Traus.jpg

In class room 2 is Aaron's BFF, Alexander Goth. As long as I'm playing TS4, I will always keep the TS4 version of the Goth's in my game since they have a look that I like. For awhile, I had two mean girls at school but now there is only one. The girl sitting next to Alexander is a mean girl. Typically when a fight breaks out, she is always the instigator and the one involved. She is the bully of the school for now. 😂 Many times I've been tempted to look at the class room 2's teacher's traits because this guy enjoys painting pictures form time to time and he's actually really good at it.

At the end of the school day, Aaron decided to toss around the football with his BFF, Alexander. Several students where holding up signs promoting what seemed to be their after school activity. I think they were trying to get you to join.
    Football.jpg

One of the reasons new packs stay fresh for me is because I gradually incorporate them into my family gameplay. So, the family had a park day and invited some of Aaron's friends. The majority was made up of toddlers and their parents since Aaron's little sister, Lexie, is a toddler.

Park Day Photos
    Aaron in the middle along with his BFF, Alexander, and Alexander's girlfriend, Angel. She's not as into Aaron's jokes as Alexander was. Sims are so interesting to watch.
    Park-Day-1.jpg

Park-Day-2.jpg

Tamika is so proud of herself for grabbing something to eat all on her own. She's headed to a seat to enjoy her food.
    Park-Day-3.jpg

Aaron's dad, Oliver, is such a great dad. He likes taking his family on various outings. The little red head tot is Nico. He's such a playful little dude.
    Park-Day-4.jpg

August's parents, Collin and Paige, are reading him a story. Yet, for some reason August doesn't seem to be having a good time right now. That's Nico's (little red head tot) dad, Ryan, in the background walking to check on his little fella.
    Park-Day-5.jpg

Here is Yui's son, Matteo. The little guy is a little unhappy because he's hungry. So, he's wobbling along to grab something to eat. He wonders where are his mommy and daddy when he needs them; they are really close by. You gotta love toddler reasoning.
    Park-Day-7.jpg

Lexie playing in the ball pit as her mom, Debra, loving looks on. Lexie feels this is the best day ever because all her little toddler friends are here. All and all, it was a good Park Day. :smile:
    Park-Day-6.jpg

I love your high school layout. Extra easels is a good idea. I also combined the computer room and chess.

On my high school I’ve moved everything to the ground floor and removed the stairs. No basement either. Sims take too long to walk everywhere as it is.

I think the Principal is someone whose into energy saving so I’ve also reduced the amount of lights and pretend she goes round turning lights off!

The cafe is much smaller, about one third, as I wanted a cozier vibe.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    Hi @Hearts4u , very cute Park Day :)
    For sneaking out, I have had it a few times now, here is what I experienced
    - You get a call late at night, sometime during the first week that the sim is a teen, inviting your sim to a party. It doesn't have to be a new sim or a new save.
    - The caller is always a teen Friend, possibly always a Good Friend. So it may depend on making a teen Friend or Good Friend early, during the first week of teenhood.
    - You don't have to have the special window or trellis to sneak out. You do have to click on the ground to see the "sneak out" option, which will only appear after clicking "yes" to the phone call.
    - The time they're at the party seems to be random. My most recent one was at the party for about 18 hours!

@mightysprite ... Thank you for the detailed explanation. I haven't had this pop-up once that I know of. Aaron has plenty of friends and a best friend. I'll just keep waiting and be more careful not to delete these pop-ups.

HS-Interior.jpg
    Auditorium-location.jpg

HS-Exterior.jpg

Class-1-Daniel-Traus.jpg

Football.jpg

Park Day Photos
    Park-Day-1.jpg

Park-Day-2.jpg

Park-Day-3.jpg

Park-Day-4.jpg

Park-Day-5.jpg

Park-Day-7.jpg

Park-Day-6.jpg

I love your high school layout. Extra easels is a good idea. I also combined the computer room and chess.

On my high school I’ve moved everything to the ground floor and removed the stairs. No basement either. Sims take too long to walk everywhere as it is.

I think the Principal is someone whose into energy saving so I’ve also reduced the amount of lights and pretend she goes round turning lights off!

The cafe is much smaller, about one third, as I wanted a cozier vibe.

The reason that I didn't make the school smaller is because of sims routing issues. When they have room to walk around, then everything is fine. When a Sim walks through the doorway at the same time another Sim or pet is going through it, it causes one to have issues; I'm sure many have seen this happen. For that reason, I watch Sims and pets walking around my builds and make changes as needed. I can't do anything about the door issue as that would be on the TS4 team to address and fix this if a solution does exist.

Also, because Sims like tossing the football around, I wanted them to have lots of room.

@ncisGibbs02 .... I'd like to see a pic of your high school interior layout if you don't mind sharing it. A lot of my ideas come from what others have done.
    edited August 2022
    I'm really tempted to delete and/or replace the Cooperdale households that do not serve a purpose. I plan to keep the principal along with her family and the cafeteria lady. I think if I do this then I'll see more of my created teens at school along with more of Aaron's friends.

As far as teens go, I think Kevin and Molly are the only ones who will survive the delete button. I'll create parents for Kevin. Do the Cooperdale teens serve a needed purpose in the game? Has anyone deleted them and what were the results?

Edit: So, I tested this and deleted all Cooperdale pre-made teens except for Molly and Ash. And, it worked. Four of Aaron's friends are now attending high school with him.

Aaron having lunch at school with his buddies. Starting from left to right we have—Danny Rider, Daniel Traus, Alexander Goth, and Caiden Oakes. School is funnier when I see that some of the students are his actual friends.
    Lunch-Time.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    One more thing. Try throwing away your uneaten school lunch to see what happens. It is a little thing but I like that they added it.

There are probably a lot of things to discover with High School Years.
    The reason that I didn't make the school smaller is because of sims routing issues. When they have room to walk around, then everything is fine. When a Sim walks through the doorway at the same time another Sim or pet is going through it, it causes one to have issues; I'm sure many have seen this happen. For that reason, I watch Sims and pets walking around my builds and make changes as needed. I can't do anything about the door issue as that would be on the TS4 team to address and fix this if a solution does exist.

Also, because Sims like tossing the football around, I wanted them to have lots of room.

@ncisGibbs02 .... I'd like to see a pic of your high school interior layout if you don't mind sharing it. A lot of my ideas come from what others have done.

I don’t mind sharing but I will have to set up a picture account to share. I will look into this. I love seeing others ideas too.

I added extra doors which I hope will help with routing. However sometimes Sims like going all the way round rather than the nearest door! 🙄😂
    I’ve had to add downstairs toilets to every build. Sims are annoying trekking upstairs, bypassing the kitchen sink to wash plates upstairs!
    If only shouting at them worked. 😂

Testing imgur account…

https://imgur.com/gallery/yULccsV
    edited August 2022
    @ncisGibbs02 .... try using Postimages as it is much easier to use. Yet, no worries if you usually don't post images and do not want to go through the hassle. Yet, here are some helpful instructions if you want to post pictures. https://postimages.org/
    1. After logging into your Postimages account then upload your image
    2. Copy the direct link for pictures
    3. Paste that link into the image icon

Instructions.jpg

High School Years tidbit. Traveled to the school with some friends on Saturday at 5 pm to take a picture to post and who do I see at the school—students and faculty. I didn't realize anyone would be there on a Saturday.

Decided to move the vending machines inside. Placed two in the cafeteria and two in the hallway at the front entrance.
    Saturday-at-High-School.jpg
    There's my teacher and the janitor. I really need to learn their names.
    Saturday-at-High-School-2.jpg

My principal, class 2's teacher, and some students who are currently attending high school with my Sim.
    Saturday-at-High-School-3.jpg
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I've gotten around to finally trying the highschool itself at last. Aged down a few of my Sims Sim and got the language barrier mod to up the chaos.

Prom will never not be hilarious now, My Mt.Komorebi or Winderburg exchange students try to talk to someone, the language barrier creates an aura of mistakes and accidental offensive things to someone speaking Simlish, now they're both angry and it ends up with almost everyone becoming downright tense, embarrassed or also furious since nobody is able to understand what the non Simlish Sims are saying, or whoever is already angry starts yelling at people.

They'll learn eventually, but there's been enough fights in one night to make my day.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I love the CAS, build mode objects, ThrifTea bar & Ferris Wheel. ;)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    UGQNcvd.png
    I have fun renovating my school :P
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Blue_Jay_2003Blue_Jay_2003 Posts: 17 Member
    Honestly, I love this pack! It's unique and love how it adds more of a generation relevant ideas and items! It would be cute to see an elementary school version, or if Discovery University was more similar.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Yeah the above won't ruin the aesthetic of my builds at all /sarcasm. Being forced to build a ledge or balcony on my builds would ruin the look of many of them....

This is the positive thread so, yay that somebody figured out how to use the escape windows for those who wanted to use it.

One more positive thing, I love the trellis that came with HSY. It's found it's way onto many of my houses.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Yeah the above won't ruin the aesthetic of my builds at all /sarcasm. Being forced to build a ledge or balcony on my builds would ruin the look of many of them....

This is the positive thread so, yay that somebody figured out how to use the escape windows for those who wanted to use it.

One more positive thing, I love the trellis that came with HSY. It's found it's way onto many of my houses.

I think it's nice if you add it where it makes sense. I put a trellis ladder on one of my community lots and sims seem to prefer to use that instead of normal stairs, it looks bit crazy and unsafe to be honest with sims crammed on top of each other.

Anyway, finally played a sim through high school a bit and I like it. Here's Malcolm Langdraab and others attending class and on lunch break. He attended prom and got to do a lot of stuff, even took picture in the photo booth and then went to an after party at the pier with Cassandra.

79dpChH.png

yT9D67A.png

OnkYTtt.png
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    @crocobaura Now I need to see this! I laugh at my simmies when they do silly things like that. I have a Japanese temple that uses the ladder and they are nice and polite about it. One at a time. I've never seen them all try to use it at once.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top