Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you were going to a famous historical figure dress-up party, who would you go as?

Probably Amelia Earhart cuz she a baddie. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you were going to a famous historical figure dress-up party, who would you go as?

Probably Amelia Earhart cuz she a baddie. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I think I'll pick Boudicca, Celtic queen and leader of a revolt against the Romans in Britain.
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is something you wish you did more often?

Meditation, or maybe playing the piano. :)

I'm gonna pick Cleopatra the Queen of the Nile from Egypt. I find the Egyptians and their style extremely interesting so I'd go as her. P

Nice choice. My cat is named after her tho I shorten it to Cleo. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is something you wish you did more often?

Exercise.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Fudge Swirl ice cream is amazing.
    edited August 2022
    I believe it is, @cheesetruck ! My current fave is Rebel (full fat, keto) Salted Caramel. It doesn't have any of my food allergens, and is blood-sugar-friendly, making it a unicorn for me. Of course, I'm tempted to eat a whole pint and have to exercise mighty restraint to try to limit myself to half the pint. Last time I had it, I put in on top of waffles. Not waffle cones, but real waffles, hot and crisp. Heaven.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Whatโ€™s your first memory?

Probably learning the alphabet and having difficulty pronouncing the letter "X".
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Whatโ€™s your first memory?

Probably learning the alphabet and having difficulty pronouncing the letter "X".

My earliest memory is going to see my little sister when she was born. She was wrapped in a blue blanket in a (plastic?) box. She was asleep but her lips were vibrating. It looked like she was snoring!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather only eat chocolate or only vanilla-flavored sweets/desserts for the rest of your life?

VANILLAAAAAA. I will miss my chocolate ice cream tho but every ice cream is good, so I don't mind vanilla ice cream. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MissRoxanne123MissRoxanne123 Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2022
    > @DeKay said:
    > Today's Q Q is:
    > Would you rather only eat chocolate or only vanilla-flavored sweets/desserts for the rest of your life?
    > VANILLAAAAAA. I will miss my chocolate ice cream tho but every ice cream is good, so I don't mind vanilla ice cream. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Vanilla too! I get a stomachache when eating too much chocolate ๐Ÿ˜”
    Post edited by MissRoxanne123 on
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather only eat chocolate or only vanilla-flavored sweets/desserts for the rest of your life?

VANILLAAAAAA. I will miss my chocolate ice cream tho but every ice cream is good, so I don't mind vanilla ice cream. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Vanilla is the finest of the flavors, or was when it was good vanilla which I haven't found for any price in recent years. But I have to say chocolate because even though vanilla is harder to get tired of, cacao is an important part of my diet, for rhe fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants, and magnesium which it's one of the richest food sources of.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

What's your favorite pattern (polka dot, stripes, etc)?

Not really a 'pattern' but I love marble textures.
    marble-texture-background_125540-356.jpg

I still want to buy a marble rolling pin but it's so hard to find. ๐Ÿฅบ
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited August 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Chocolate all the way!
    Today's Q Q is:

What's your favorite pattern (polka dot, stripes, etc)?

Not really a 'pattern' but I love marble textures.
    marble-texture-background_125540-356.jpg

I still want to buy a marble rolling pin but it's so hard to find. ๐Ÿฅบ

I like irregular patterns that don't really feel like patterns, where you see something new each time. For example, psychedelic swirly ones that resemble lava lamps. Am also really drawn to designs with stars or spirals (or preferably both together!)

Here is the kind of style I like (Warning: vividly bright colours and trippy shapes within!)
    rainbow-fluid-concept-backdrop-oil-spill-on-black-gradient-liquid-vector-id1130149364?k=6&m=1130149364&s=612x612&w=0&h=KMM3T5ZYWD1k2Fe7hhnmWQF3GV9wXOlGwN40XiVWqEQ=[img][/img]
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you think you can do tomorrow to make it better than today?

Put some rolled oats in my breakfast. Cuz my mom is making me cut carbs (mostly grain/wheat) and she gave me a whole bunch of fruit for breakfast and I got so hungry and a bit headachy/tired. And my total carb and sugar intake from that too was higher than my usual. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿฅด I guess my body really doesn't like sugar no matter where it comes from. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Put some rolled oats in my breakfast. Cuz my mom is making me cut carbs (mostly grain/wheat) and she gave me a whole bunch of fruit for breakfast and I got so hungry and a bit headachy/tired. And my total carb and sugar intake from that too was higher than my usual. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿฅด I guess my body really doesn't like sugar no matter where it comes from. LOL.

Doing well on my job interview tomorrow would make it better than today.

By the way, DeKay, I suffer from insulin resistance and have managed not to let it slip into Type 2 Diabetes for the last oh, 20 years or so, though not doing so well at it lately, by NOT eating much fruit because it is so high in sugar (and not primarily fructose as some people believe, but fructose is harmful to your liver anyway if you eat too much of it, which is why agave syrup is just as bad for you as high fructose corn syrup), not eating things like oatmeal ("they say" it's "healthy whole grains" but my blood sugar monitor said it spiked my blood sugar even when I had a tiny amount), only eating "keto-friendly" highfiber, lowcarb bread and overall avoiding breadstuffs in favor of green vegetables, and letting the majority of my carbs come from those, plus legumes. When I did this plus building muscle strength and muscle mass, I had no problems with my blood sugar or insulin being elevated, and I didn't have much trouble with belly fat.

Unfortunately I have let things slide the last couple of years, not exercising much, and enjoying a pastry here and there, and lowcarb french toast, and stuff like bran flakes....and sadly, I can only do half the pushups now that I could 2 years ago, I've put on 20 lbs of fat, and I have an embarrasing belly now, when I tuck in a shirt into belted dress pants. Ugh.

So I have to get back into what I was doing, that was working. :( It stinks but feeling better and looking better, having better energy levels have to be worth it. Maybe we can motivate each other?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Get up a bit earlier and do more in the mornings. I have a bad habit of lying in on my work from home days. Problem is I don't always sleep well at night.

@ignominiusrex hope your job interview goes well.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Finally getting my internet back on Monday, peeps!
    Today's Q Q is:

Get up a bit earlier and do more in the mornings. I have a bad habit of lying in on my work from home days. Problem is I don't always sleep well at night.

@ignominiusrex hope your job interview goes well.

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ And perhaps you're a night owl like me, by nature? They say it's best to keep the same sleep cycle even on days off, but the ideal arrangement for night owls is to have a work life consistent with their circadian clock and just keep late hours all the time. Sadly, we can't always have what would be ideal. But my reasons for needing different work hours are happy ones. ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Doing well on my job interview tomorrow would make it better than today.

By the way, DeKay, I suffer from insulin resistance and have managed not to let it slip into Type 2 Diabetes for the last oh, 20 years or so, though not doing so well at it lately, by NOT eating much fruit because it is so high in sugar (and not primarily fructose as some people believe, but fructose is harmful to your liver anyway if you eat too much of it, which is why agave syrup is just as bad for you as high fructose corn syrup), not eating things like oatmeal ("they say" it's "healthy whole grains" but my blood sugar monitor said it spiked my blood sugar even when I had a tiny amount), only eating "keto-friendly" highfiber, lowcarb bread and overall avoiding breadstuffs in favor of green vegetables, and letting the majority of my carbs come from those, plus legumes. When I did this plus building muscle strength and muscle mass, I had no problems with my blood sugar or insulin being elevated, and I didn't have much trouble with belly fat.

Unfortunately I have let things slide the last couple of years, not exercising much, and enjoying a pastry here and there, and lowcarb french toast, and stuff like bran flakes....and sadly, I can only do half the pushups now that I could 2 years ago, I've put on 20 lbs of fat, and I have an embarrasing belly now, when I tuck in a shirt into belted dress pants. Ugh.

So I have to get back into what I was doing, that was working. :( It stinks but feeling better and looking better, having better energy levels have to be worth it. Maybe we can motivate each other?

Yeah! I was really shocked to know that people who do keto do not eat much fruit at all. (I had no idea most fruit had high carb content). I am not sure if I have Insulin resistance. At one point, I suspected I did but I did some blood glucose tests and my blood glucose doesn't seem to spike up way too high after food. So maybe it's okay? I don't know even know how it's supposed to work. ๐Ÿ˜‚

That will be really awesome to have a buddy to motivate each other! I hope you will get to be more active now. Sometimes you just have to kick start it and then you will just naturally want to do more of it. Like right now, I'm pretty obsessed with gaining muscles and looking lean. I want to lose body fat so I'm a bit strict now with what I eat and also doing some cardio but not too much cuz apparently too much of cardio can make you lose muscle. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'm still working on my abs and I'm doing abs every day, and then alternate days, I will do either cardio, or weight training for my other parts of my body and I have seen quite an improvement after almost 2 months. Not so much of how my body looks but my heart rate has gotten so much better. My resting bpm used to be 80-90 since 2010. But this week, it's around 68! I'm so shocked!
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Finally got my internet back, friends! Apparently the old phone lines were so deteriorated they just finally gave up. So, since fiber optic is available in my neighborhood, I had them switch me over to that.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Did you enjoy school?

School is so much more fun than adulting!!! ๐Ÿ˜… The only good thing about being an adult is that I don't have to worry about exams. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    Did you enjoy school?

School is so much more fun than adulting!!! ๐Ÿ˜… The only good thing about being an adult is that I don't have to worry about exams. LOL.

Definitely agree on the exams. I don't miss being set up to fail by not being given a realistic amount of time to show my full potential. Exams to me seem pointless (and UK schools seem to be a bit obsessed with them). No job involves them so why gear most schoolwork around them?

But that's an essay for another time. ๐Ÿ˜ Did I enjoy school? Some of it. I enjoyed most of the work and really enjoyed the extracurricular activities (was in a few musical groups). Art was my favourite subject. I would have enjoyed English more if we'd studied some less depressing stories (and had studied stories that were actually aimed at children).
    I didn't enjoy the people very much at my first two schools (too many angry and psychologically manipulative personalities.) but things were much nicer at my secondary school.
    I feel you about the horribly depressive literature they seem bent on making kids and teens read in schools, @WhatCobblers I used to say sarcastically tHt they were just trying to push us all over the edge. I mean really, I think there is some misguided movement in art that shock and horror are the only things worth taking note of. It is harder to write uplifting things well, than to play to the nase impulse to stare at a trainwreck. Sure, there's a lot wrong with the world but part of what is wrong is adults thinking that throwing the garbage they should be dealing with, onto the kids. Kids are our future but they shouldn't have to handle the weight of the world instead of us! ๐Ÿค”

I felt like school was hypocritical. It was purported to be a way to support democracy and social mobility, that any kid could, by doing well at school, ensure a better future for themself. What a crock! First off, the poorest kids get the worst schools and the fewest resources, so nothing is equitable from the start. They also have the least access to enrichment, and their parents are usually the most stretched and stressed. So from the start there is no equal opportunity or equity, schools reinforce class and economic divisions and worsen them.
    Not that schools shouldn't exist.. they just need to be made equitable and a fair, equal chance for all kids. That poor kids should go to schools just as resourced and funded as rich kids. No more favoritism in how schools are funded. Sports and activities should likewise be paid for by tax money, completely, rather than by parents paying hefty fees, so everyone gets the same footing from which to have a chance to play. It's grotesque how our legislation leaves kids at the mercy of the market and what advantages their parents can buy them. That fails the mission of schools lifting kids out of poverty if they try hard. No amount of trying will get poor kids the same opportunities and supports rich kids get to have and it should be illegal honestly, to discriminate against children based on their ability to pay.

Yes, it's a soapbox issue for me. I'll sit down now. But I will never concede that it's ok that that injustice keeps getting permitted in the US.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top