Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite trait to give as a personality flaw?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Recycle Disciple
    These are both fun and insightful to read :)

@Simmingal I forgot Paranoid since I don't have that pack. I see how it could be negative.
    @bshag4lv I guess it depends on how you play the Recycle Disciple. I don't like how they swipe things autonomously if they haven't recycled in a while. It's a lot like kleptomaniac in that way.

Hi! The NAPS are easily controlled, I use the mailbox as soon as I move a sim in, then use the cheat to fill the spaces with what I want as naps. Works every time. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited August 2022
    High-maintenance
    @SelinaKyles Dang. It's not that I want Jesminder or Diego to die or anything, but how come the supposedly "hot-headed" characters only ever get +1 angry, while high-maintenance gets +3 or +5? Makes hot-headed seem mild-mannered by comparison

Maybe they’re taking ‘high’ way too seriously. Now that you mention it, I’ve played as a hotheaded sim and I didn’t get hit with so many bad moodlets as high maintenance. Strange
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    High-maintenance
    I love the Evil trait and use it very often.

I'm curious how the evil trait impacts gameplay? I always thought it kinda made playing easier as opposed to harder, because sims don't care as much.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Hates Children
    I do not see that as a flaw - lots of people don't like kids.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Jealous
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hi! The NAPS are easily controlled, I use the mailbox as soon as I move a sim in, then use the cheat to fill the spaces with what I want as naps. Works every time. :D

@bshag4lv I don't mean the Sharing is Caring NAP, that's a different thing. I mean the Recycle Disciple trait. You know how if a sim with that trait hasn't recycled something in a while, they will autonomously steal something, even from their own home, and recycle it.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Evil
    But, I also add mean along side of evil and hot head.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Kleptomaniac
    Klepto hands down because all you have to do is get them to go to work away from home and they come home with lots of goodies.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2022
    Other (please elaborate)
    I like to give my sims at least one flaw or even better a trait with both positive and negative effects. Gloomy is probably my favourite as I love tragic and creative characters. Do childish and perfectionist count? If so those too and possibly socially awkward, but I haven't tried it yet. I also really like jealous, erratic and squeamish.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    I like the Erratic trait. Makes for some interesting idle animations and the mood swings make for interesting gameplay.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2022
    Other (please elaborate)
    My favourite "flaw"? Probably erratic. It's so funny when they just go insane for no reason. :D

I love the Evil trait and use it very often.

"Well said, Number Two. Mister Bigglesworth agrees."
    FJ3wxW1.png

"And it's DOCTOR Evil! I didn't spend seven years in evil medical school to be called MISTER! Thank you very much!"
    MysetWw.png

YNCVYsw.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    I use Erratic a lot. But I am currently playing a human who wants to be popular but is Socially Awkward, and his robot who should be helpful but is High Maintenance.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Jealous
    @annaliese39 I like the positive and negative idea, that sounds pretty interesting
    @Admiral8Q Nice Dr. Evil and Bigglesworth!
    @Rouensims oh goodness, a high maintenance robot, what a great idea.
  • Options
    MarihelMarihel Posts: 10 New Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    I have an erratic and paranoid werewolf, and an High maintenance Spellcaster. I absolutely LOVE this traits, and by no mean see them as flaws (although I understand why others might).

Honestly, they're some of the most interesting Sims I ever had. Will probably use this traits very often. High maintenance can be pretty funny, a day can flip in a second because your Sim took a shower. Amazing.
  • Options
    Jealous
    HI @Marihel and welcome to the forum. Wow, your erratic and paranoid werewolf and your high maintenance spellcaster sound like a handful and a lot of fun!
  • Options
    MarihelMarihel Posts: 10 New Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    > @mightysprite said:
    > HI @Marihel and welcome to the forum. Wow, your erratic and paranoid werewolf and your high maintenance spellcaster sound like a handful and a lot of fun!

Hi, thank you!!! Honestly, I am mostly playing my Spellcaster right now, seeing her get angry on the daily at shampoo and the sun is just way too funny!
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2022
    Other (please elaborate)
    Hotheaded. I like this trait because hotheaded people are but not irredemable imo.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    neat family orianted and foodie love to cook
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Evil
    Probably Evil from the least. My favorite combo with this is"Evil + Family Oriented." :)
  • Options
    Jealous
    Hmm perhaps a crime boss, @BlueR0se ? :)
  • Options
    ImmyQuokkaImmyQuokka Posts: 32 Member
    Kleptomaniac
    I almost always use Kleptomaniac plus I can use it to get revenge if anybody annoys me.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Evil
    Hmm perhaps a crime boss, @BlueR0se ? :)

It's a family business. We deeply care and support one another. But everyone else? Well...
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2022
    Other (please elaborate)
    I like to use erratic and childish in combination (or sometimes with two sims in the same household). Back in Sims 3, I had a Sim I absolutely loved that had a similar combo (I don't remember if they were called the same thing), and I kept losing her and then finding her at 2 a.m. playing in the sprinklers in the backyard, so I have fondly frustrating memories with those traits.

But after reading this thread, I'm feeling a bit inspired. Evil and family-oriented sound like a wonderful combination. Paranoid and high maintenance sound kind of cool, too, but they must come in packs that I don't have, unfortunately. I'm assuming paranoid would be Strangerville?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    Slob.
    My slob sims don’t complain about mess and they get to fulfill their hygiene and bladder needs in the shower. I would occasionally add a neat sim to the household -one that I don’t really control, but who cleans up after my sim. The Daily Maid service is great as well.

I also use the klepto trait quite often. In Sims 3 most of my sims are kleptos because they’re able to steal expensive cars and sell them. There’s a couple o’ reasons I want cars in Sims 4. 😅

I would like to use the evil trait a lot more but that trait just ain’t evil enough for me…
  • Options
    lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2022
    Other (please elaborate)
    The loner trait because it makes it harder to go out and socialize.

@alanmichael1 you’re sim is really cute by the way. Would you mind marrying my sim please?