Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question for Imgur users

Β«1
I am having all sorts of issues lately and I'm curious if anybody else who uses the site is having similar problems. I'm struggling to upload screenshots tonight. It's taking several tries before they'll upload. For the last week or so I've been having issues with editing pictures too. When I try to edit a picture the first time I get nothing but a spinning wheelything that never goes away. The only way I can clear it is to hit save anyway and then back out. The second try usually gets me in to edit, but then when I do edit a picture it takes at least 3 tries before the edit will save.

I don't know if it's my computer, the number of pictures I have in my gallery, or their site. I thought it might be an issue with Safari, but my fresh install of Chrome is doing the exact same thing. I've deleted 300 pictures but I'm still over 1600. I've been over that number for a while now but only encountered these issues in the last week or so.

Before I contact them I want to be sure it's not a problem on my end.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I've never used Imgur for editing but I just tried it and got the never-ending spinning wheel.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Thank you for that information. I was beginning to think it was my computer. It's definitely on their end so I'll contact them and see what they have to say. Right now it's taking multiple tries to upload even one picture and if you try to upload more than one it will only upload one.
  • Options
    I put in a ticket with Imgur. Hopefully this gets remedied soon. My plan to have the next installment of UTTS up tonight isn't going to happen with these issues. I still hope to get it posted tomorrow if I can get all the pictures uploaded.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I also had trouble with it. I couldn't get anything to upload.
  • Options
    @telemwill Normally I wouldn't post about site issues on another site on here, but I know a lot of us use it for posting our screenshots. The more bug reports the better. Something like this could cripple screenshot posting and we wouldn't want that!

Right now it's taking me around 10 tries to finally get a single screenshot uploaded.
  • Options
    Yes, it's what I use as well. I was going post a few screenshots, but can't upload. I hope they are able to fix it quickly.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I had issues uploading once but got around it by linking the pictures directly rather than dropping them.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    no access to computer this week but ive had imgur being annoying like that at times so usually i just reload the page and try to not do all photos at once so if it starts erroring on me I dont have to redo multiple pictures

idk about picture count cause i don't have actual account on imgur
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I dont use edit function in there at all, but last night i had to upload all like 5 times to get them to even show up.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 790 Member
    Right now I get an error message if I try to upload any picture, hope they are going to solve that soon...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    Yeah I hope they get it running smoothly soon. Up until the little edit bug popped up it had been flawless. Last night I was thinking the problem was on my end not their's, so at least I have that sense of relief.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I have never used it for editing as I've had some problems where it had logged me out while I was posting and refreshing the page is how I saw that which fixed some issues. When it takes a while to upload or it keeps failing I'll close the app if it doesn't turn around I'd give it a day, I think sometimes the site just gets a lot more traffic than the devs thought it would so it can get jumpy.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I usually use ImgBB now, much less annoying
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,633 Member
    I didn't even know it had an edit function. I frequently have problems uploading large groups of images but I assumed it was because of my bad wifi.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    I didn't even know it had an edit function. I frequently have problems uploading large groups of images but I assumed it was because of my bad wifi.

That edit feature is how I get those big detailed close up shots. Well, my screen resolution helps too. My screen res is 5120x2880, so I can crop out a small section of that image and still have it be like a 500x500 or bigger so that people can see details without having to squint.

I've always had issues uploading more than 10 screenshots at a time but that's one I can overlook. Until very recently I haven't had any real problems, it's been nearly flawless. I think as @RedDestiny92 said their servers have gotten overloaded or overworked or whatever and they need more bandwidth or something to keep up with us.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    Currently have 20,000 images on Imgur. It's not the image count that's the problem.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    20,000? I regularly clean out extras I know I'm not getting the families back for just the way they were I couldn't imagine but I do have a few thousand as well.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    I managed to upload one photo today and that was it. The next photo kept "failing" to upload and i kept getting the yikes message.
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: Β»
    I managed to upload one photo today and that was it. The next photo kept "failing" to upload and i kept getting the yikes message.

I never got the yikes this morning. I tried and tried to upload two and the progress bar would show like the photo uploaded but it wasn't there. I put in bug report Monday, but weird stuff has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.🀞
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,633 Member
    Argh. I hadn't tried to upload recently. Finally did this morning and yikes, that was frustrating. Failure after failure before i was finally able to load anything.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I use Imgur every day and have for the last two years uploading around 25 images or so. I imagine I have thousands on there too. Sometimes I'd have problems, but it would only last for a short while. However, the last couple days I've had the same kind of problems you have had OP. I haven't tried yet today, but yesterday, I couldn't get any to load at all, it would immediately fail. I had to resort to using Postimage to get my daily post pic for my challenge. I hope whatever issue they have is fixed soon. Postimage is okay as a backup, it's fast. But there isn't a slideshow feature that I could see where I can write a long definition for each image. It doesn't have a link to copy with image tags either which makes posting here a bit more annoying to do. Ah well, at least it uploads! :)
  • Options
    Canceling out the photo and clicking add new post again worked better for me. Clicking retry always failed.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've tried everything you can think of to get it to work. I use an ad blocker and I thought perhaps because I hadn't whitelisted the site they were blocking me or something. But, nope. I turned that off for the site and it still won't work. I tried reloading/refreshing the page. I tried clearing my Chrome cache, restarting my computer, etc., etc. Nothing worked. :/

Tried your method @telemwill too, no go. By the way, I tried scanning for any viruses and that's not the issue either, it's something on Imgur's end.
  • Options
    I've tried everything you can think of to get it to work. I use an ad blocker and I thought perhaps because I hadn't whitelisted the site they were blocking me or something. But, nope. I turned that off for the site and it still won't work. I tried reloading/refreshing the page. I tried clearing my Chrome cache, restarting my computer, etc., etc. Nothing worked. :/

Tried your method @telemwill too, no go. By the way, I tried scanning for any viruses and that's not the issue either, it's something on Imgur's end.

Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon!
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member