Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I'm afraid nothing is happening in my game. I can't enjoy playing when the bugs keep getting in the way and constantly having to switch off the wants and fears which won't stay switched off is doing my head in. If I go into CAS it triggers it, if my sim gets into a relationship it also triggers it, sometimes a lot change does it too, it also switches on if I change households and its always on whenever I start Sims 4 and resume a game. I can't continue my Henford story because I'm worried its just going to bug out and break the save.

So I keep trying to focus on building but getting a recent fave has almost totally put me off that because I had two days straight of constantly getting notifications which meant I couldn't focus. I only just discovered last night that I could switch them off but having to delete unpleasant troll comments wasn't fun either. I don't think I personally deserved those nasty comments or even the fave since I'm only been building since the end of June. The sheer volume of attention has caused me unwanted anxiety too because its not something I'm used to. So my game is in a complete rut at the moment and I don't know what to about it. The sad thing is I like playing this game to relax but I haven't felt relaxed since before the buggy HSY update. Maybe I should just pack it in and play something else.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Jade47 wrote: »
    I'm afraid nothing is happening in my game. I can't enjoy playing when the bugs keep getting in the way and constantly having to switch off the wants and fears which won't stay switched off is doing my head in. If I go into CAS it triggers it, if my sim gets into a relationship it also triggers it, sometimes a lot change does it too, it also switches on if I change households and its always on whenever I start Sims 4 and resume a game. I can't continue my Henford story because I'm worried its just going to bug out and break the save.

So I keep trying to focus on building but getting a recent fave has almost totally put me off that because I had two days straight of constantly getting notifications which meant I couldn't focus. I only just discovered last night that I could switch them off but having to delete unpleasant troll comments wasn't fun either. I don't think I personally deserved those nasty comments or even the fave since I'm only been building since the end of June. The sheer volume of attention has caused me unwanted anxiety too because its not something I'm used to. So my game is in a complete rut at the moment and I don't know what to about it. The sad thing is I like playing this game to relax but I haven't felt relaxed since before the buggy HSY update. Maybe I should just pack it in and play something else.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I rarely upload any of my builds to the Gallery. Mostly, I build them for myself. I put my Sims into the lots I build for them, specifically. Also, every now and again, if I get a little bored with a floorplan, and have done a remodel, IE changed the wall treatments, flooring, et al, redo the kitchen, I will find another lot I haven't' used in awhile, or just build a new one for grins and giggles. Building, for me too, is relaxing. But, I am also suffering from the endless bugs and the obnoxious changes. I play my Core Values in this game. I tried to set my Sims up in CAS to reflect those, yet my young Teen would-be star is suddenly wanting to flirt with Thorne Bailey, after I specifically set his preference for girls. Call me Old School, I am 67 years old, but I try to play my Core Values.

I'm grieved to realize turning the wants and fears off doesn't last. What good is that? I feel as if I've been lied to. We are supposed to be able to control certain aspects of the game. If turning off things won't stay off, then what good is it?

I am starting to look toward Paralives. I've tried other games in the past, but the Sims is the type of play I enjoy. If they're going to continue to let me down, I'll just have to find something else.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    @GalacticGal Thank you. I didn't really want to seem like I'm having a meltdown, just having a flaky day I guess. I also build for myself and to begin with I just wanted to share what I thought were fairly decent builds, I thought it might do me good from a motivational point of view because there are many people who don't like to build. A couple of kind comments and maybe 1-2 faves and I think that would be nice, but mass attention feels awful. I also very much try to play to my own principles but the game constantly undermines it. It was a mistake making a sim version of myself because she ended up being a serial cheater and has already wrecked her marriage. I cheated once in my life when I was a teen and never again. I felt pretty disgusted by how unlike me my sim self is.

I do agree any form of competition to this game might prompt some fixing and hopefully higher standards. I have two other games that I have a lot more hours in but they require a lot more concentration and I have to be in the mood. Sims is usually fun in that it lacks complexity but still has things to do and its like three things in one, building game, decorating game and sort of life sim lite RPG, so I feel down when the game gets messed up. To think many of you have been dealing with this since it released means you're all far more patient than me I think.
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Laverne & Shirley: The famous TV duo from the 70s and 80s, the two live in one of the cruddier apartments.

At first, Laverne and Shirley were in competition to see who could get a man first. Shirley found Peter Cook (Taranee of W.I.T.C.H.'s brother).
    08-15-22-4-25-07-PM.png

Laverne found a hunk gardener, but fell out of love with him. I headcannon that she realized she was only dating him to compete with Shirley and it wasn't fair to him.
    08-15-22-4-17-32-PM.png

For a while there was a rancid smell that made people so dazed that they could make books "talk" as Laverne is trying to do.
    08-19-22-4-04-51-PM.png

For some reason Darren from Bewitched is trashing the dollhouse that was bought to complete one of Peter's milestones.
    08-19-22-4-18-58-PM.png

Finally, we have Lenny, Shirley and Peter's son, who is named after a character from her show.
    08-19-22-4-31-25-PM.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Nice shop and Siobhan :)

Alex López loves taking pictures. Primarily of animals, but sometimes he gets other kinds of cool shots like this one
    01-bridge-photo.png

The only animals he is allowed to have are two chickens, Chickawocka and Chickaboom. Looks like they're going to have some offspring soon. This egg is an interesting shade of gold...
    03-golden-egg.png

Alex's parents Armando and Sierra share a love of video gaming. Here they are with "uncle" Akira helping Armando get ready for GeekCon. He really wants to win a competition there.
    02-prep-for-geekcon-akira.png

Later that night, Armando autonomously did this. Wow, he really really wants to win.
    a-autonomously-forced-self-to-play.png

In Armando's actual job, he is a writer. Here he is in his happy place, writing in a room alone, watching the city through glass, coming up with impressionistic literary short stories. His collection "Apart Through Time, the Search" was published this week and was a bestseller.
    writing-with-view.png

Sierra just got promoted to eco-tech scientist. She loves fabrication and has a long-term goal to sell power or water on a utility bill. That's hard in an apartment. Here's a light she made for Alex
    26-fabricated-light.png

She made this hydroponic planter too, gave all the appliances fuel cells, and upgraded the treadmill to produce electricity instead of consuming electricity.
    28-fabricated-planter-and-no-joy-with-electric.png

Still no joy. It's frustrating
    uncontrollable-footprint.png

Here's Mana Fujita, a teen who's famous for... something or other. (I peeked at her skills, she has none, so I've decided she's some kind of online influencer.) Alex is a little star-struck and more than a little attracted to her
    mana.png

Alex asked her out on a date. Being on a date with a celebrity is... different
    04-mana1.png

I took this to mean that Mana suggested they get out of there and go somewhere else.
    mana-suggests-get-out-of-here.png

Outside the Solar Flare, Mana was a bit stiff when Alex tried a friendly hug
    06-mana3.png

And they kept getting interrupted by fans
    07-mana4.png

Alex suggested a dance and he thought it was cool when Mana suggested dancing in the little garden on the side of the lounge.
    08-mana5.png

This time a hug was more welcome
    09-mana6.png

Later, with Seema...
    "And then she backed off, said she'd probably be too old for me in a day or two, and went home! What the heck?"
    10-later-with-seema.png

Seema and Alex have been best friends since elementary school. "Later, with Seema" is how Alex figures out most confusing events in his life.
    "Celebrities are so weird. You're better off."
    "I thought maybe she liked me and then poof! Was it something I said?"
    "With as much as you say, it could have been anything."
    "Not fair. How about a rootbeer float?"
    And Alex provided some entertainment. This night was turning out to be fun after all.
    11-better-fun.png

Alex planned to meet his friends Imran and Maira Watson at the fair, and stay the weekend in Henford-on-Bagley to take some wildlife photos there. He had recently started cooking and fancied himself quite the gourmet chef, just like Dad. He wanted to bring banh mi sandwiches as a treat for his friends.
    12-banhmi1.png

Just as soon as he figures out how to make them. Oops.
    13-banhmi2.png

Alex moaned to Imran and Maira about the whole botched date with Mana. Maira suggested having a party at their house and inviting Mana. Maybe including Mana in the circle of friends more, plus a lower-pressure environment, would help. And not that any of the friends would mind getting to know a celebrity up close, either
    15-party-idea.png

It was a pretty fun party and the food was a hit. (Mana had aged up to young adult, so no flirting for a while.)
    16-party1.png

I swear Seema is just a random townie and I didn't even adjust her outfits. She just looks gorgeous everywhere in every outfit
    17-party2-seema.png

Alex told a story that entertained everyone! He hoped Mana liked it... where is Mana?
    18-party3-story-wheres-mana.png

Mana is upstairs asleep in Rashidah's bed. And Imran has chosen this moment to play computer games.
    19-party4-sleep.png

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

The next morning was brighter. Alex went out to photograph wildlife and went for a very refreshing swim
    21-swim.png

He ran into Laila Benali, whom he knew distantly from school, and of course he knew of her since she had been all over the media in werewolf form a couple of weeks ago. She seemed friendly.
    20-laila2.png

Playing violin for wild rabbits is good for the soul
    22-violin-with-rabbit.png

He got some nice wildlife photos too
    23-photo1.png

24-photo2.png

The one on the top left is a bird heading in for a landing in a tree, but you can't see the tree. Alex is quite fond of this one and has called it "Home to Me."
    25-photos-group.png

Alex is developing a good relationship with a couple of nature magazines, and is starting to earn a proper income, and a little bit of fame every so often, from selling his work.

After he got back from the weekend trip, Alex and Sierra talked over his plans for after high school. He's a good student, but he would rather just take pictures.
    Good thing he has parents who know that there are things more valuable in the world than earning a lot of money.
    "But Mom, I can actually earn good money doing this if I don't have to go to school all day!"
    30-discussing-future.png

Alex took a walk to see what urban wildlife might be around to photograph, and then, well, he found one wild urban creature
    31-wolf.png

He got a great picture of her. He felt a little awkward selling this one, but he didn't think she'd mind. Probably not. Hopefully if she did mind, at least she wouldn't eat him.
    32-wolf2.png

Meanwhile, his parents took the opportunity to have some fun in the bedroom
    34-meanwhile-fun-in-bedroom.png

The next day, Armando was all ready for Geekcon but it was rained out.
    36-no-geekcon.png

And Alex was having some sort of anxiety before his first day of active high school. Not sure how much the umbrella will help, my dude, but if it makes you feel better...
    35-some-sort-of-anxiety-before-hs.png

But one good thing happened: the golden chick hatched! Alex has named it Rockstar.
    29-rockstar.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    @mightysprite Thank you. I'm sitting here going through one of my creative blocks that always happens when I go to do a new episode of Tartosan Sun. This happens every time, I can't figure out how I want to start.😄
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited August 2022
    After careful consideration my sim self and his wife Liberty decide to spend some time apart from each other. Liberty decides to move in with her parents in their new home until she's worked some things out:
    KGVxpm0.png
    HbgDa7Y.png

That leaves my sim self and his youngest daughter Beatrix in the house however Beatrix is having second thoughts about applying for university leaving her father all on his own:
    k1z7ea0.png
    KuLGMk7.png

My sim self wants Beatrix to get an education and tells her he'll be ok while she and Liberty are away. He plans to renovate the house while everyone's out of it. So Beatrix says goodbye to her father and heads to Drake Hall in Britechester.

Over that weekend Beatrix moves in with the class of '88 at Drake Hall. I don't see any studying going on!
    tzw2DnO.png
    Soon after getting to know her dorm mates, Beatrix settles down and starts on her term paper. It seems even while studying she's very popular amongst her peers:
    DorE3Ef.png
    There's even time for some goofing around in between studying!
    oKkm7Bt.png
    Beatrix's middle sister Ayla pops by Drake Hall to see her on her first day.
    sXUkbpt.png
    Will Beatrix be good and keep studying or will she end up being the party girl?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The good news is, Erik is currently a B-Lister. The game is on Day-five, as of when I shut down yesterday. He's also managed to write six songs, thus far. Rather than risk his having to restart when he should be resuming, I cheat up his needs and he composes for hours on end. This is also helping him to achieve goals on his Aspiration of Musical Genius. I do pump up the speed to >>>. It's funny to watch his parents and "many siblings" running around. He managed a Gold Medal Fan Meet & Greet, he even did pretty well on the RTF Meet & Greet. Back to back as they were. He's on a time clock, you see. School is looming. It's Thursday in the game and school commences on Tuesday after Labor Day, the last hoorah of summer. Erik has released three albums and has that first nomination for Best Song. We'll see if he wins. Aaron, a YA, has taken a job in the Athletic Career. So far, he's in charge of the Locker room, I think. Oh, no, wait. He's now the Mascot. He came dressed as the Mascot to Erik's second Meet & Greet. (How could I forget that? He was quite a sight. A giant chicken. LOL) Did I type he was a giant chicken! :open_mouth: My bad, make that a Uni-Llama. Yeah, a giant purple Llama with a single horn jutting out of his forehead. LOL

Adrian, a Toddler, left mostly to his own devices is busy maxing out his skills. I turned off the Wants & Fears, for now, but as another player posted, you change lots IE travel to another one, and presto, they're activated again. I may just keep them on for now. But if Erik has the want to flirt with a guy again, I will shut them off and see if that rids him of a want he will never fulfill, as that just isn't fair to saddle him with the fear of being unfulfilled. In fact, that's just plain messed up. Brianna is utilizing her Archaeology Skills and earning some money for authenticating objects. We're talking a few thousand a pop. Joey is Socially Awkward, what didn't we know about Joey, right? LOL He did have to shave before Erik, though. Hm. Oh, and Brianna shaved her legs for the first time. Nicked herself, twice. I had to resist having Erik support her body hair, though. (Too cliché, I suppose. I know that wouldn't have stopped my older brother. LOL.) For those wondering, I gave Aaron one of those close to the chin-line beards. It looks really good on him. I'm amazed just how fast it becomes as full as Professor Joseph Cantrell's. :open_mouth: So, for those asking if the hair growth includes Sims other than Teens, it does in my game. All for now.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @GalacticGal I've only had one Sim get to Global Superstar level, and she had the Master Actress aspiration where one of the goals is to place a celebrity tile on Starlight Boulevard which only happens with Global Superstar.
    I’ve never had a Sim do much with the singing skill, perhaps I should investigate it more.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I've only had one Sim get to Global Superstar level, and she had the Master Actress aspiration where one of the goals is to place a celebrity tile on Starlight Boulevard which only happens with Global Superstar.
    I’ve never had a Sim do much with the singing skill, perhaps I should investigate it more.

Currently the mod that allows for the singer career is broken and has been for some time. I use it because the creator suggests it won't actually hurt my game and I need Erik to be a Singer. That was my whole purpose for him from the get-go. I enable both the Road to Fame system and the Get Famous system. They do seem to work in conjunction with each other. Making albums not only gives him hit-points 100/100 before he can perform concerts, but releasing them boosts his celebrity points, too. I try to have him live stream his concerts, too. GF doesn't allow, really, for a singer Sim in Sims4, which disappointed me until I realized there was an updated version of RTF: Professional Singer. With parts of this mod broken, I can still use the rabbit holes of both the concerts and the photoshoots. I tried out a live concert and while the number of songs he was to sing the dial still doesn't work, he was able (unlike before) to Hype the Crowd and Chat with the Crowd, his two other goals to fulfill. He managed to get the gold medal for the concert. phew. And the 10,000 for the single event. Yes, it's lucrative.

If you have your Actress practicing in public spaces have her stream the event with a Drone. Erik has a Simstagram account, too. With RTF he can respond to his fans posts. Everything is all about getting noticed. Bring family and friends along to those public practice sessions, make the most of it. With RTF if Erik is hot enough he'll be invited to photoshoots to have him on the cover of magazines. He's currently at 200 degrees. These shoots also boost his celebrity points. Do Fan Meet & Greets, also bring that Drone and stream live while there. I only attempted the acting career, after Erik made Global Superstar. I wanted him to win an accolade so badly. He did win a few, but the acting jobs became repetitive to me and the win wasn't fulfilling. I needed him to win for his music.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,640 Member
    After what feels way longer than a week, a new chapter of Wryd Girls is finally up...

Chapter 4 - Field Trip

"Miranda," Cassie asked, "do you have anything special going on in school today?"

"No," Miranda sighed, "just the usual stuff. History, language arts, math..."
    8Fjy0Pc.png

"... alchemy, astrology, thaumaturgy," she continued. "My life is so weird."
    yXvoW6R.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Great updates everyone!
    @DaniRose2143 P.1015 Lmao 🤣 Nice escape from Copperdale. P.1016 Siobhan is a great choice to own a bridal boutique shop, she looks great.
    @mightysprite P.1015 Thanks, yeah her backstory was sad but it helped shape her. P.1017 Love the names of Alex’s chickens 🤣 I have a parakeet and his name is Chicken. 😁 Nice pic of the family, looks like they all take gaming seriously 😁 Lmao that force self action 🤣 The hug between Alex and Mana 🤣 Oof his date didn’t end well. Seema does have good outfits. The wildlife photos look nice, love the one with the birds. Lmao, his parents having fun in the bedroom with pillow fights 🤣 Oh no, it rained during geek con, rip. Aww hello Rockstar
    @GalacticGal P.1015 Time will tell if Colette turns to them 😉 P.1016 Hope you get everything to work for Erik. P.1017 Good news on Erik! Wow 3 album’s already! Ooof Brianna shaved and nicked herself😱
    @Metior_Ice P.1016 Like the conversation between Juniper and Alex, great use of their thought bubbles. Lol I enjoy Dylan conversation of having met Erik. Lol Juniper dropping his phone after turning to a merman.

Things go down later on in this update for Colette

Colette left Warners apartment after their conversation. u9dGQu8.png
    After the revelation of Colette’s past the night before, Warner was having second thoughts about his plans. He decided it was best not to continue with it.80G6Dr6.png After getting himself he gave himself a pep talk he asked himself “Why ruin a good relationship?” Ixg1hpI.png In the coming week Harvestfest arrived so Warner decided to spend it with Colette ItKj8CI.png Warner was told he would be going away for a few days to visit Tartosa for an article. “Don’t miss me too much” he told Colette. “I think I’ll be able to manage” she replied. 33cfGVJ.png They watched the figure skating competition that was going on. Warner jokingly said he could do it better. sTU9neB.png It was time to cook the turkey, Colette hates cooking! Her face every time she has to cook 😅 Fortunately it turned out well. Dsgy32V.png
    Warner left for Tartosa and arrived by evening. He took a selfie to send to Colette😁zJE6wC7.png We were both distracted when he looked to the right direction of his rental. What’s that😮YFJW5eW.png  When morning arrived he went to explore Tartosa. He was sent to write an article about the place. He heard it was a popular wedding destination and he could see why. It was beautiful here Ga3RXWL.png  Who wouldn’t want to have their dream wedding here lfXhD4L.png

That’s a big tree, Warner and I waited for something magical to happen but nothing 😂6sKDh7R.png  
    After interviewing a local he started daydreaming. Pretty sure he was imagining if Colette came with him. nrDqSEo.png   Unlike San Myshuno where it chilly right now, here it was warm out. Perfect weather for swimming WaLFPCM.png  Another selfie for Colette with a message this time ”Wish you were here😘”0vMvfPz.png  Warner sunbathed for an hour and ended up falling asleep 😂he got sunburnt. He headed back to his rental and checked in the mirror how he looked. “It’s not so bad, I’m still cute” Rh00ctT.png  The next day it was back to exploring and writing. He found a maze that looked small but it was big 😳 eYICkHD.png  He met a tourist and asked for their opinion. She told him she didn’t like all the public displays of affection. He tried his best to hold back his “So why are you here?” Comment. h9AqufA.png  He met a pianist and he told him about the weddings he’s participated in DzZrQvP.png After a long chat, they somehow ended up in a dance battle🤣HWmEypS.png The next day he returned back to San Myshuno, he brought a flower back from Tartosa for Colette. WYmXcKf.png  She had a good laugh about how he looked sunburnt. WnQyUmN.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Back at work Nina still didn’t trust Colette at all and had doubts about her. She didn’t like that she was in a relationship with a journalist. Serious damage could be done to the firm if her boyfriend ever saw any of the cases they have handled and released them. She heard Colette was about to be promoted and become a member of the board so she decided to stop that. Being an evil sim, she got an idea. She arrived to the office very early and logged onto Colette's computer.wW5oAvX.png
    She began searching for ways to contact Warner online. Browsing through his company’s website she found an email to contact him with information for a story. 7WPGq6m.png  She began writing an email to mail him. 3tabObM.png  She almost signed off with her name. Qk38MOC.png  Nina was just about to send it when she looked next to her and noticed the file of documents and had another idea. f7EidWg.png  Warner returned from work later in the day and found a box outside his apartment door(Nina knows where he lives because she's seen him exit his apartment and run back in after losing a fight to another sim 😳 ) UfBMlH7.png He was about to open it when he got a call from Colette, inviting him over for dinner.  He wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying and said sure. Before hanging up he asked if she left him a package. sZWh9CF.png  When she said no, he just thought must’ve been someone else then. He was getting excited wondering what could be inside. g4fTQLB.png  He spent a few hours analyzing the copies of documents. Warner searched online to figure out the sims involved in the case. gVsskC8.png  A high profile sim was involved in a serious scandal and was seeking help from a firm to sweep it under the rug. Details regarding which firm and who was handling the case were redacted however. rHQ2RPm.png   He began writing his story. qDWLifR.png  And of course his computer got a blue screen. xctOI2m.png  He quickly called for a repair technician and offered to pay double for them to come ASAP to fix it. 3De3kJa.png
    ­­­­
    Warner was happy when he was able to get back to writing. He finished writing his article before midnight QbsdirA.png
    Afternoon the next day, Colette was sad that Warner didn’t show up the night before. Was it something she did? She got a call from Benjamin and from his tone, she could tell something was wrong. He asked her if she told anything about their cases to Warner. “Of course not, why? What happened?” she asked him. He told her to check the link he emailed her. qtXZjiR.png  She was quickly enraged UCxg9Qw.png  She read the article looking for Warners source, he claimed to have received the information from an anonymous source. DOtcuFG.png Colette called Benjamin saying she never gave up any information. KhgbDyD.png  She received a text in the middle of the call from her boss, asking her to come in. dzoJL1Y.png  When she arrived she was told to go to his office, He was angry. He told her, she was warned about giving out information. GXBEXOH.png  She denied she was the source, but her boss quickly cut her off. He said all computers were searched and they found a drafted email that was in her computer. If she wasn’t the source, what was the purpose of the draft?” He asked her. sxoeCIY.png  Colette was surprised, she had no excuse. 3UYcJC5.png  “You know just as well as I do, ignorance is not an excuse.” He told her. Zb3bytM.png  She got up from the seat denying any involvement. She wanted to see the email from her computer, but her boss denied her. He said effective immediately she was being removed from her cases, and being put on unpaid leave. AdjM1gQ.png
  • Options
    I'm past yesterday's creative block, but that lead right into another 'problem'. I was sketching out the story in my head over breakfast and I realized something. The story has progressed to the point that dresses are being picked out for the wedding but nothing has been said, or done about a wedding venue. I fell in love with the idea of working that into the dress episode so I spent the morning looking around for a wedding venue to download. I found a bunch but once I put each of them into the game I didn't like them as much as I did in the screenshots. So....I'm making my own. I decided a while back that Danielle and Londyn were going to have the wedding in Sulani. It's perfect. Londyn was born and raised there, it's absolutely gorgeous, it's exotic, and since this will be a late Autumn wedding it will have ideal weather. The next episode of Tartosan Sun will be delayed a day or two but you'll get to see the finished wedding venue. In the meantime here's a couple of progress shots...

RMeUOlp.png
    nQt9bZ3.png
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Wow. That was certainly a jaw-dropper. I'm stunned. You had me on the edge of my desk chair, I couldn't read this fast enough. I feel so badly for Colette, but perhaps in the long run, it's better she learned just who Warner really is.
  • Options
    I'm past yesterday's creative block, but that lead right into another 'problem'. I was sketching out the story in my head over breakfast and I realized something. The story has progressed to the point that dresses are being picked out for the wedding but nothing has been said, or done about a wedding venue. I fell in love with the idea of working that into the dress episode so I spent the morning looking around for a wedding venue to download. I found a bunch but once I put each of them into the game I didn't like them as much as I did in the screenshots. So....I'm making my own. I decided a while back that Danielle and Londyn were going to have the wedding in Sulani. It's perfect. Londyn was born and raised there, it's absolutely gorgeous, it's exotic, and since this will be a late Autumn wedding it will have ideal weather. The next episode of Tartosan Sun will be delayed a day or two but you'll get to see the finished wedding venue. In the meantime here's a couple of progress shots...

RMeUOlp.png
    nQt9bZ3.png

Oh, wow, that's gorgeous!
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, I know that "oh wait, I've forgotten something" feeling well. The wedding venue looks fantastic so far. I'm really looking forward to the next episode(s).
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, oh poor Colette. Trouble just piles on trouble and the shadows are full of dangers. I hope she finds a way through.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Thank you. If I have enough room for all my ideas I think you're really going to like it. Sadly it probably won't make it to the gallery with all the CC in it.

@luciusstorm At least this time I caught it before I actually sat down to start writing. I felt like it fit the story to have them start showing off pictures of the wedding venue they booked.

@BlueSeaWaves If you're going to escape, do it with flair!😁 I need to get caught up on your story. I've been spread thin lately and there are lots of stories I'm behind on, which is normal for me.
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves The intrigue!!! I love it
  • Options
    Alex López got over his weird anxiety over his first day of active high school (an umbrella was involved) and arrived at the door of San Myshuno High right on time. Two boys were tossing a football. A wannabe Friend of the World, Alex tried to introduce himself. They completely ignored him.

(I've never been able to imagine the residential worlds too far apart since all the kids go to school together, and that pier doesn't belong in a rural mining town, so I don't have a problem imagining Copperdale as a neighborhood in the hills just out of sight from Uptown San Myshuno. I tweaked the layout of the school and made it a bit more urban, teetering on the edge between down-at-heel and modern)

Business class was boring until Alex caught sight of the cute girl with the multicolored braid who sat in front of him
    42-cute-girl.png

She wasn't quite as beautiful as Alex's recently-teen-celebrity crush Mana Fujita, but she had a way of giving him a sly side-eye that made his heart beat faster. Hmm. Maybe the best way to get over a problematic crush is a new crush... Her name is Terra Foley.
    42-adorable-sly-expression.png

She's an Art Lover, and Jealous. Alex loves photography. What could go wrong?

Alex was invited to a late-night party at the home of his friend Cooper. Like the good kid that he is, he asked his mom if he could go. (Not like you can sneak out the window of a 47-story apartment building anyhow.) He walked happily out the front door
    39-invited-to-party2.png

While he was out, his parents had some more fun in the bedroom.
    (not a pillow fight this time)
    40-meanwhile-fun-in-bedroom.png

Much, much later, Alex came home and tried to concentrate on homework
    41-later-homework.png

Despite some.... distractions....
    gone-too-far.png

A couple of days later Alex had recovered from the party, and made a couple more friends at school. He enjoyed starting his day out shooting some hoops
    38-ball.png

And decided to go out for the football team!

He made the team, but I don't know if he'll be in the starting lineup anytime soon. He tried to impress Terra with his football skills. Oops.
    50-first-try-football.png

"I'm so sorry!" He hoped for the adorable sly side-eye but it wasn't happening.
    "Not cool, Alex!"
    "Can you ever forgive me?" he asked with playful mock drama.
    Terra rolled her eyes and walked away. To talk to some other boy. Ugh. Why did that hurt so much?
    51-first-try-2.png

But football practice was kinda fun. First he met another werewolf, Jacob Volkov, who was intent on vandalizing the sign. Gah, werewolves.
    52-jacob-vandalizing.png

Also on the football team was Ash Harjo. They got along well right away.
    53-metash.png

Even though Ash wasn't impressed with Alex's football skill either.
    54-ash-not-impressed-either.png

Alex went to Thriftea with Terra after practice. Laila was there, in full rampaging mode.
    rampage1.png

Or maybe not so threatening after all...
    rampage2.png

Okay then
    rampage3.png

Extra fury requires extra boba
    rampage4.png

It was kinda impressive how Terra didn't even freak out with that going on. Prom was coming up, and Alex resolved to ask Terra to go with him. At lunch, he tried testing the waters: "Uh, my friend wants to know if you like... dancing..."
    my-friend-wants-to-know-if-you-like-dancing.png

Adorable side-eye occurred. Alex decided to act quickly. Like, before next class started. He sneaked into the art room to make a promposal sign.
    43-promposal1.png

"Hey Alex, what are you doing?"
    44-promposal2.png

"I'm, I'm... " deep breath, " I was going to surprise you with this sign to ask you to prom. But now you've surprised me. So uh, do you want to go to prom with me?"
    "Are you asking for a friend? Or do you really mean you this time?"
    She said yes.
    prom-date.png

That afternoon, Molly wanted to ask Alex a very important question.
    "Want to go to prom with me?"
    molly-ask.png

"Uh, you seem really cool but I already have a--"
    "Hey Alex, what are you doing?"
    molly-ask2.png

Later, with Seema...
    "It was the cutest thing, her walking in on me making the sign like that! Maybe it's fate."
    45-later-with-seema.png

"Here's you: 'My friend wants to know if you like dancing! It's fate! I will now make my beautiful goo-goo eyes at you!' "
    heres-you.png

"You think I have beautiful eyes?"
    "Did I say that?"

There were seagulls in the water. Alex took a photo, looking at the seagulls through the grid of the bridge. It was okay but not great
    47-bridge-and-wildlife-photo.png

Then he pointed the camera at his best friend in her swimwear instead
    48-radiant-seema-photo.png

Something about that photo made him feel lightheaded all of a sudden.
    something-about-that-photo-made-him-a-bit-lightheaded.png

"Thanks for listening. I'm really lucky to have a friend like you."
    "Yes, you are."
    46-yes-you-are-lucky.png

Alex ordered a prom outfit from Trendi. Knox Greenburg had made it. "Nocore Possibility Space?"
    prom-outfit.png

Too bad about the ring, but otherwise, not bad.
    55-prom-outfit.png

Before prom the friends got together in Alex's apartment. Alex was excited for his old friends and new friends to meet.
    54-before-prom.png

Pretty soon it was time
    The auditorium looked great. So did Terra, even if her outfit was a bit odd.
    55-prom1.png

They had a good time
    56-prom2.png

Some awkward moments
    57-prom-awkward-moments.png

Some good moments
    59-good-moments.png

Alex sneakily voted for Terra for prom royalty and she won jester!
    prom-terra-won-jester.png

But now the real moment of truth... At the after-party Seema and Terra would meet each other.
    seema-meets-terra.png

afterparty-terra-is-great.png

A visibly relieved Alex said, "I'm so glad you feel that way."
    He gave Seema a big hug. Terra gave them a look, but didn't say anything.
    61-so-glad.png

They took some pictures in the photo booth before everyone got tired and went home. They weren't great pictures.
    not-perfect.png

It's okay if not everything is perfect.
    not-perfect2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @mightysprite, cool... interesting to see some more high school drama.

I also tend to imagine the "worlds" as mostly being close together and part of the same metro-area (with a few exceptions, like the occult worlds, etc)

Edit: In my head, the sims world is divided into:
    • The City - Windenberg (The Old City center), San Myshuno (Downtown high rises) and Del Sol Valley
    • The Suburbs - Willow Creek, Newcrest, Oasis Springs, Britechester and Forgotten Hollow (because I see it as close to Windenberg)
    • The Country - Henford on Bagely, Granite Falls, Moonwood Mills, Brindleton Bay (probably, despite owning the pack I've never actually played here) and Glimmerbrook (sort of magically "off the map")
    • Somewhere Else - Tartotsa, Sulani

I don't actually own the packs for the other worlds, so I don't know exactly where I'd put them.
    Post edited by luciusstorm on
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Ricardo (I Love Lucy): The famous duo live in a vampire house where they constantly get vamp stuff in the mail.

"Lucy, you got some explaining to do." Once her attempt to prank the toilet happens.
    08-20-22-2-44-18-PM.png

Tired of all of Lucy's materialistic spending, Ricky takes it out on this innocent doll house.
    08-20-22-4-54-59-PM.png

Seeing that Ricky has a point, Lucy tries to save some money by repairing their computer on her own, getting shocked and having a fear of death.
    08-20-22-8-38-21-PM.png

One of Lucy's aspirations is to become a parent so here's little Ethel (named after Lucy's best friend).
    08-20-22-8-55-55-PM.png

Poor Ethel had a nightmare and here's Ricky and a certain vampire to talk with her.
    08-20-22-9-21-09-PM.png

• Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    @Lady_Earth

This is so cool and creative! I love I Love Lucy!
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    edited August 2022
    I also envisage the worlds as being fairly close together. The occult worlds, like Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow, are a bit more secluded/out of the way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top