Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which has been your favorite year for the Sims 4 (so far)?

The Sims 4's been going for a while now so I figured it'd be interesting to make a thread to see which year has been everyone's favorite for the game so far!

Which has been your favorite year for the Sims 4 (so far)? 38 votes

2%
catmando830 1 vote
2%
DevSims91 1 vote
5%
EnkiSchmidtVIXTORIANI 2 votes
44%
BluegayleColorist40Angel_mixIsb917simgirl1010MagdaleenaHarukotyanFaithWittenDoloresGreyBMSOChadSims2BreazonafilipomelmikamakimonKimmerVyollashobontea 17 votes
10%
aelias24SikoahGraceLustianiciaGordy 4 votes
18%
CylienaOnverserAtreya33logionL33tP33tNWkendall_towzleeTempest329 7 votes
0%
5%
LizzychicagoDaniRose2143 2 votes
10%
yesme88duhboy2u2phantasmkissSERVERFRA 4 votes

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    2018 had Seasons, Get Famous, Jungle Adventure and Laundry Day, with My First Pet Stuff being my only big disappointment. Nearly every year has good and bad content. But I feel like 2018 had the best good-to-bad ratio.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think 2019 was a pretty good year for the game, I enjoyed all the packs that came out that year - Strangerville, Island Living, Discover University and Realm of Magic. Also I think those packs all worked pretty well on release, I don't remember any major bugs or major negatives with the game at the time
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    ROM had the potions glitch, which wasn't fixed for a good while. It also had the CAS crash glitch, but that got an emergency patch.

Still one of my favorite packs, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    2017 was a great year for Sims 4. First... toddlers were a surprise and they waddled right into my heart at the beginning of the year. Then my favorite GP Vampires and my favorite EP Cats & Dogs. Also Parenthood was released in 2017. Good times. :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,811 Member
    Toddlers, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Cats&Dogs
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Unisex cas is still taking the cake for me, even though they never fixed the breast shadow issue. 2016 was also the point where stuff packs started to become good after the initial cash grabs.

On a not pack-release related note, 2016 was when I really got into playing my beloved Windenburg sims (although two years later the Detroit sims overtook them in my favour by a small margin) and returned to the aging off playstyle.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    This year because I now have my Wolfies to go with my Vamps & Witchies. I'm very happy about that. :p Also, I so love the beautiful Tartosa World & the many, many cool & pretty swatches of the objects in HSY. <3
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    2017 nothing has topped toddlers for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited August 2022
    I can’t really name specific years without going back and seeing which packs came out when, but I was having a lot of fun when stuff packs came out often and regularly. Then once they stopped coming out so often the game got more boring for me.

Also, 2-3 years ago I started having a plants to dirt problem…. That has never gone completely away and the last couple of years I have had a lot more bugs show up in my game, some game breaking. I don’t and never have used mods or CC in my Sims 4 game, so I know that can’t be the problem. So I can honestly say the last couple years have been my least favorite years for me because of bugs.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited August 2022
    Difficult question. It was either the year with the toddler patch (2017) or the release of realm of magic (2019). Without toddlers, the game was incomplete and I had no interest into switching to sims 4. Realm of magic was the type of pack I was wanting from the get go. I don't want to play without magic any more.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    We got a lot of packs which were pretty good, Strangerville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, even Moschino wasn't terrible... and Discover University and we also got the Freelancer Career.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    2017 was not only the year I started to play Sims 4, it was also my very first sims game. I still remember the delight I had in exploring the base worlds, figuring out how the game works, creating my first sims, the fun and frustrations of learning how to build, discovering cheat codes. Lots of fun since then with this game as I discovered more packs to enjoy. I can't say the same for this year, unfortunately... if only there was a way to roll back and undo the latest updates, I would do it in a heartbeat.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2022
    2017 for me. Specifically the first half. Updates such as toddlers and customizable teeth got me trying the game out a little again, and then, when I bought Vampires... hoo boy, vampires. I did not expect myself to like vampires this much, so I didn't even get it at launch, but this pack was just executed really well and let me realize how much we could really do with them. It's good.
    Parenthood was also a pretty solid gamepack. Great for family players.

I honestly do not remember the rest of the packs this year, but the first half is fondly remembered.
    What else was in 2017... Cats and Dogs, huh? Cant say I cared too much about it, but Brindleton Bay is a very nice world that I still like to use.

So yep. 2017.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited August 2022
    Definitely the Toddlers Pets and 2018 for Seasons. Oh and 2023 for horses. :smiley:o:)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    2017 and 2018 was the peak for me. Toddlers, Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, Seasons and Get Famous were all pretty great. Sad to say they haven't matched those years since.

This year could have been the best if My Wedding Stories, High School Years and the Wants and Fears update weren't so botched.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    I could have chosen several different years, but I settled on 2021. Paranormal is one of the best packs period. For me, the Dream Home Decorator BB items are among the best Maxis has ever turned out. I use a lot of stuff from that pack. Even when I don't use a lot I almost always put one or two items from that pack in every build or redecorating job I do. Last, but not least, one word is all you need, one name....Agnes!

I almost went with 2022 for my beloved Werewolves and all of the great BB and CAS goodies in the kits. It was really close. I have to give an honorable mention to 2016 for one of my all time faves, City Living, 2017 for another all time contender Vampires, and 2018 for Get Famous. Actresses are second only to painters in my game for most played careers.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2022
    Defiantly 2017. The Vampires pack by far is a favored contender aside 2022's Werewolves. Gotta love the chaos they brought to the game. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    2015 it had Get Together which is still one of my fave packs.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The game has finally gotten playable for me. I gave up interest pretty early on and focused entirely on building. Recently my daughter advised me to try playing again, and it's finally more interesting than looking at floor plans on google. That may sound like a low bar, but most of my saves were only good for a day or two.

On the Sims' Social Bunny app, one of the teens' comments said something like, "Old people are always talking about how in their day they couldn't get out of a pool without a ladder. Okay grandma, like getting out of a pool is so hard."
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports