Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Switch-household mod/cheat?

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
Is there a mod or cheat for switching control to a Sim in another household during live play without going to Manage Worlds?

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited December 2015
    If the sim you want to switch control to is on your active lot you can use cas.fulleditmode to switch control. After you bring up the cheat, click on the sim you want in control. When you exit out of CAS, they (and their family) will be the active Sim and you will still be on the same lot.

PS. You don't have to change clothes, just go to CAS and exit out.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Thanks. Hoping to avoid going into CAS too, but at least it's fewer reloads than going to Manage Worlds.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Thanks. Hoping to avoid going into CAS too, but at least it's fewer reloads than going to Manage Worlds.

This bug/feature is the best/only way I know to do it, too. DP says house-changing is in that "no modding zone" as things are currently. So let's hope THIS is not a bug they choose to fix, soon. It's handy.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yes, I use that as well.

What I really like is that Modify in CAS in MCCC doesn't do that so I can just edit or switch to the sim without editing, but the opportunity is there if I want it.

Definitely quicker than mucking about in Manage Worlds
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Yes, I use that as well.

What I really like is that Modify in CAS in MCCC doesn't do that so I can just edit or switch to the sim without editing, but the opportunity is there if I want it.

Definitely quicker than mucking about in Manage Worlds

With MC, if you use Modify in CAS on an UNPLAYED sim, when you come back out of it, you will be on your original sim still.

If they are PLAYED, that's when it will change you over to the newly-selected household upon CAS exit.

Just wanted to fine tune responses a little for posterity. :)
  • chikpeaschikpeas Posts: 9 New Member
    It's kind of weird, because I SWEAR I saw an option to switch to another household in the MC menu, but I've since searched through every tab and it isn't there. As per usual with the discussions that talk about things I'm trying to find out, this conversation happened a little over 5 years ago, so it's possible that it's since been updated so you can do that, and I'm just looking in the wrong place...
  • lahKayylahKayy Posts: 1 New Member
    > @chikpeas said:
    > It's kind of weird, because I SWEAR I saw an option to switch to another household in the MC menu, but I've since searched through every tab and it isn't there. As per usual with the discussions that talk about things I'm trying to find out, this conversation happened a little over 5 years ago, so it's possible that it's since been updated so you can do that, and I'm just looking in the wrong place...

I came here for that reason too! I promise you there was a button, but I can't find it anymore, unless we're both just synced up and dreaming of it lol.
  • DrownMeInLimeJuiceDrownMeInLimeJuice Posts: 1 New Member
    There is a button for it in MC, I do think they changed the name of the button because I do recall it being called something else like "switch control to this household" or something similar in the past.

If you click on the target Sim and open the MCCC menu and go to cheats the button is on the first page listed as "play this household". It does still take you through 1 loading screen. But better than loading out to manage worlds and back in.
  • KakonKakon Posts: 7 New Member
    I dont know anyone , except MCCC
  • maisiiimaisiii Posts: 1 New Member
    > @DrownMeInLimeJuice said:
    > There is a button for it in MC, I do think they changed the name of the button because I do recall it being called something else like "switch control to this household" or something similar in the past.
    >
    > If you click on the target Sim and open the MCCC menu and go to cheats the button is on the first page listed as "play this household". It does still take you through 1 loading screen. But better than loading out to manage worlds and back in.

I don't see it anymore, its gone sadly :'(