March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shaving and Body Hair

I have not seen any posts on this but was curious about body hair shaving that came with HSY -

1. My question is does shaving/body hair growth still occur if you play with aging off? In my personal game, it has been kind of hit and miss but I usually only see it when aging is on normal.

2. Also, does shaving/body hair growth continue to Young Adults/Adults? I assume it does but have not played past the teen years yet to test it out.

3. If you choose to fully shave your sim's facial hair (or any for that matter) will it ever grow back? My test sim never seemed to have hair grow again after he shaved. I learned to only shave to his preferred length to keep what I set up in CAS.

Thanks for any help/experience that you can share on this.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm curious about this also.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I play with aging off and body hair grows at a normal rate. After a shave, you'll go a couple of days where no shaving is required, then shave will become available on the shower. If you don't shave, you should start to see some stubble by the next day.

I'm sorry, Nancy is blonde so it's a little faint but she's definitely getting hairy legs

7eKpD64.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.Yes
    If any kind of bodyhair doesnt grow back, check in CAS if you got it enabled or not.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I’m in my second week as a teen - no body hair growing, no acne, aging on normal - no mods/cc and all hair areas are enabled in CAS - it’s frustrating when things you paid for don’t work correctly - I regenerated the sims 4 folder and did a repair game before starting.

I’m on Day 8 of this save - hopefully something starts happening soon.
    FINALLY!!

knp4H6j.png

I retstarted with a fresh copy of him and had him sleep - he got a moodlet when he got up and i sent him back to bed - he woke up an hour later like this!
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Awesome :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I turned off the hair growth. However, my male sims from young adult plus have body hair.
    Also, my female Werewolves have some body hair when they are in their human form. :p
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I’m in my second week as a teen - no body hair growing, no acne, aging on normal - no mods/cc and all hair areas are enabled in CAS - it’s frustrating when things you paid for don’t work correctly - I regenerated the sims 4 folder and did a repair game before starting.

I’m on Day 8 of this save - hopefully something starts happening soon.
    Yeah, unfortunately the bodyhair thing is bugged too, I have the opposite problem where it grows even tho its turned off, oh well, guess my sims gotta shave for awhile :/
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited August 2022
    I have aging off in my newest game save. I have to say the eldest child in this family is a YA. I gave him a limited beard and then noticed some time later, it had grown quite full! I had the option to shave or to shave to the limited option. I chose the latter. He looks good with some facial hair, but a full blown beard, not so much. LOL His father has a fuller beard, but so far I haven't see any changes in that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Mine is shaving pretty regularly now - including back, legs, and arms. He’s a teen and it grows in stages - he starts with a little facial hair then it becomes a light goatee then it gets even bushier. I have not let it go past that to see if he gets a full on beard. I’m just glad it’s working but I don’t see it on any npc’s and that’s fine.