Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play to an introvert life ?

Do you play to an introvert life ? 133 votes

Yes
39%
EdoubleGoodiesMi9shaoscarPeachesnDuckskerryemmiebethFlashMarkerNRowenotetoself00xalanmichael1NinoosimFlcty1969AncientMusemueller_liteSati101MirichaRamblineRosebillisrulzbluelightingkiwi84ClassicalSimblueybluesky 53 votes
Sometimes
42%
auroraael14Frn0731LeGardePourpreJaiSeaLaBlue0314SikoahGraceAngel_mixTheSpotted_CIsb917elanorbretonPaigeisin5MagdaleenaDevSims91mystang1972loubyloulouMindofySimplyJenduhboy2u2simsinmysleepkeene61 57 votes
No
17%
crocobaurabshag4lvGalacticGalsimgirl1010friendlysimmersmildredalienphantasmkissBabykittyjadeCAPTAIN_NXR7Onversercatmando830PiplowEnkiSchmidtDoodlyDoofusColton147147DrakosEllupelluelluVikAaleynElisetom 23 votes

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Yes
    Do you mean, play a Sim who has a small circle of friends, perhaps rarely leaves the house and can be content with a minimum of social contact; especially outside family (even if that family has fur and paws in some cases??)

If so, yes
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    I make all kinds of lots like theatres, playgrounds, malls, clubs, ice skating rinks,arcades etc. So I like for my sim to get out and use them and hangout with other sims. It can be fun to hangout at home but my sims definitely get out.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Yes
    Most of the time with most of my sims.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    Even though I play many different families with many different personalities, I'm happiest with the sims who do their own thing and let others do theirs. Maybe because I'm just like that in real life. My sims don't go out much, not because I don't like public lots, but because of the loading times, and there's barely anything they can do elsewhere that they can't do at home anyway. The social need is the one that gives me the most trouble, and that's why I usually steer clear of the Outgoing trait, it only makes it decay faster.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    No
    Nope. Most of my sims are friends with the vampires because of their late night social needs.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    I do by default because how can a sim get enough done that needs doing, for their career and home, if they don't have time away from all that incessant socializing that is constantly pushed on them, to do it?

I used to dread the neighborhood welcome wagon, now I don't so much, but seriously how can people get anything done in life I'd they don't start saying no to all the constant distractions and pestering sims?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Nope. Most of my sims are friends with the vampires because of their late night social needs.

Do you mean to say, they no longer give you the message that the vampires are sleeping, if you call or text at night? Well that would be an improvement! It was annoying how vampires kept banker's hours, before.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    No
    My sims are highly social and extroverted. They love family get togethers, club meetings, visiting community lots, going on vacation, throwing parties, etc.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    I try to make my sims more social, but in the end, all they do is stay home, just like me.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    No
    crocobaura wrote: »

Do you mean to say, they no longer give you the message that the vampires are sleeping, if you call or text at night? Well that would be an improvement! It was annoying how vampires kept banker's hours, before.

No, but when they show up outside their door late at night my sims invite them in for a chat. :) They will also pester passers by if they have to.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sometimes
    My mood determines which save I play, and those saves are all different. Some are populated with groups of young adults that enjoy partying and traveling. Then I have two saves for my Rags to Riches storylines. One is my legacy save where I have played through 5 generations. If I feel the need to just sit back and relax, I usually play one with my introverts. If I feel the need for more excitement I play with extroverts, and they take me along on their adventures. I don't favor one group over another because I enjoy playing both personality types.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Sometimes
    My sims are a mix of introvert and extrovert. Most of my sims do have a small, tight knit friend circle that they frequently hang out and go places with. While they're out they aren't shy about starting conversations with strangers. At the same time they are also cool with just hanging out at home but that is also due to their having a romantic partner to keep them company.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Yes
    Most of my sims have a small circle of close friends or family. I suppose this reflects me as a person. I use the club system to have them get together with the few sims they stay in touch with and ignore the rest of the sim population.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    No
    My game is nothing like my private life, I have a low social need and a very small friendship circle, but in The Sims I enjoy weaving my net of co-workers, benefactors, mentors and rivals.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Sometimes
    Unless I've made the Sim in CAS myself, I don't go out my way to make friends with other Sims. Sitting in one part of the lot skilling and watching what others do is all my Sim needs.

Even my main Sims tend to have the loner trait, so I feel not going out the way to interact with others works better for them in character.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Yes
    When they're at Uni (most of them are at the moment), then they don't have time to socialize really. So yes, most of them are loners. :)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Sometimes
    My Sims are mostly very social and travel around different worlds and community lots, but sometimes it can be a bit stressful. I love it when my Sims make a lot of friends and get to know many townies, but they always come to visit when my Sim has to do their work related tasks.

It really depends on the Sim and whatever traits she/he gets when I randomize them. I almost always randomize my Sims traits nowadays, so if the Sim gets the loner trait it's a completely different story than with the one who will be outgoing.
  • MoorsVampMoorsVamp Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes
    Yes if i have more than one sim in a house. Othwerwise i just have my singular sims do what i expect actually social people to do to make friends and media suggests thats barhopping, so everyones getting juiced.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sometimes
    I try to but even with the loner trait the game doesn't let me be completely antisocial. Some of my other sims are in clubs and go out more often but then some random sim speaks to my sim once in a nightclub and before you know it they're messaging me at all hours saying "hey I heard you met Bella Goth, she's pretty cool", and I'm reminded why I don't like my sims to leave their houses.
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Sometimes
    I voted sometimes--most of my sims, especially my simself, are introverted and prefer to work on their skills/hobbies at home. However, I definitely value & enjoy having more extroverted sims who go out and experience things with other sims. It all depends on my mood combined with the personality of the sim in question.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes
    It's pretty much the entire way I play my game. My sims avoid socializing as much as possible and only do so when necessary. My households stick to themselves, doing their own thing... quietly living their lives and enjoying their hobbies/recreational activities. And UI Cheats mod to fill their unnecessary social needs.

....... am I talking about me? or my sims?

Yes. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    I am an introvert, so my Sims go to all the places and see all the things. They throw wild parties and hire a one-day maid to clean up the next day, go almost everywhere they're invited, and all the while, I am at home on my computer. It's a win-win.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Sometimes
    I have social sims and I have loner sims, and I have sims who are outgoing but okay with alone time.
  • Ickywoo88Ickywoo88 Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    >
    Since we don't have open worlds I rarely have my sims leave the house unless they have an active career lol. Not having an open world just makes it way harder to do anything... Like if you have someone in uni, you have no time to get your uni homework done if you leave the lot... It would be nice if we could at least queue up our sims to do something before leaving. Like I could go to work with my vet or actor and queue up my uni student to do their homework.... Or go to school with my high school and queue up my freelancer to do a work task...