Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Henford fairs.

My sim won her first red ribbon for her perfect, huge eggplant. When she entered her excellent sweet potato pie at the fair, maybe 2 weeks later, she submitted her entry, went to the pub for some convo then went home. I never got the outcome of the fair competition. No ribbon, no pie, just went away. This second entry was post patch and pack.

There were extenuating circumstances, it was freezing cold outside and I'm not sure if the original mayor is still around, so I wanted to know, would these things cancel the fair?
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think it's leaving the lot before the results are announced that will cause this. Results are announced after the fair ends and is cleaned up, so around 10-11 pm. That leaves just enough time to travel to the romance festivalto grab some valuable harvest before the season changes (when it's romance festival week of course).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Funny, I never had to stick around before. Usually my sims will go hunting mushrooms, and since it's winter, we went hunting for mushrooms. I also found they are not spawning in winter like they did before, huh.

Thanks for the response MDianaSims! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    My sim won her first red ribbon for her perfect, huge eggplant. When she entered her excellent sweet potato pie at the fair, maybe 2 weeks later, she submitted her entry, went to the pub for some convo then went home. I never got the outcome of the fair competition. No ribbon, no pie, just went away. This second entry was post patch and pack.

There were extenuating circumstances, it was freezing cold outside and I'm not sure if the original mayor is still around, so I wanted to know, would these things cancel the fair?

At least you experienced a winner at the fair. I don't think I would mind so much that my Sim didn't win, if there was some kind of resolution before the Fair just disappeared! I've had Cottage Life since it's release. I stopped taking my Sim to the Fair.

As to your currently problem, have you tried a game repair?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Hi GalacticGal! Yup, I ran a repair trying to get rid of my 2nd Copperdale.

I'm wondering, there was nobody there at the fair when my sim went. She submitted her entry and went to the pub. I have never had a fair show up, plus I don't believe I ever went to the fair in the dead of winter and temps subfreezing, lol.

I will probably wait until spring shows up and then try to submit another entry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works in a more inviting climate, lol. I love the fairs and festivals, just not in the freezer.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2022
    Maybe the same thing happened to your sim that happened to mine - someone (I’m looking at you, Travis Scott!) stole/ate my sim’s excellent-quality blueberry pie, I kid you not. I guess he was hungry, lol. My sim was at the pub, too, but outside so I could still see her entry.

Yes, have your sim try again sometime. Mine did and won the top prize for her next pie.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    Awesome! I have never had any problems with the fairs, nor the neighborhood. The only thing I changed was tweaking the Gnome Arms a little...everything else is the same.

My sims grow oversized crops for a living, so my sims have won lots of ribbons, mostly participation ones, lol. I hope it's not glitched.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

I've had the same thing happen in my game that you're experiencing. I just keep going, and she's winning almost every week now, but sometimes it does glitch, & I don't receive the outcome.
    Thanks for the reassurance Sha...hope you're right. :)