Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Masterpiece" Seriously? Heh!

2...Next

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Huh. I thought the lucrative skill was writing or programming (video games). Daily pay and the more you make, the more you earn.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @Gamer_34567544 I should have also noted to unlock those outrageous paydays your painter needs the marketable and creative visionary traits. Creative visionary doesn't increase the payday directly it just increases the odds they'll produce a masterpiece. Marketable does boost the amount they get per painting, but that trait affects any skill that produces an item you can sell.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    My Sims make and spend money at a rate that I think is uncommon for most players. Even though they paint 20,000+ simoleon paintings, they don't have endless money. They have to generate millions of simoleons in order to maintain their lifestyle. If their only options were regular jobs, they wouldn't even be able to afford living in their home. :# That said, even I draw the line somewhere and don't use money trees or stack reward traits that give money...

How do you spend a lot of money? I get bored with families once they have too much money and I would love to do something other than throwing it in a vault

• StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    How do you spend a lot of money? I get bored with families once they have too much money and I would love to do something other than throwing it in a vault
    Probably by replacing all the stuff they set on fire or break! :D
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2022
    Huh. I thought the lucrative skill was writing or programming (video games). Daily pay and the more you make, the more you earn.

Those are better to get a flow of income that never ends. The Sim(s) don't have to do anything after that. Painting is a constant working, occupied (busy) with a single big pay-out at a time, but those other licensing ones are repetitive royalties. ;)

Anyways, the main topic of my post was those silly scribbled "figure" paintings selling as "masterpieces". :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Well, we all know how much style and good taste the sims have. Just look at the great outfits they choose to wear! LOL I kinda expect they would buy the most expensive paintings that everyone else looks at and says "that's a masterpiece?" That old saying that beauty (and taste) is in the eye of the beholder is definitely true in sims land! LOL
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    You can get a lot more than 5k per painting though. :D
    ZBnWZSL.png

Just in like in real life, having a regular job isn't what makes the most money - so my Sims have regular jobs for fun? and do other things for money.

Wow!!!! Just think if you sold that on the vertical gallery you would get 3 times that amount if you raised the price 300%.
  • userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2022
    My Sims make and spend money at a rate that I think is uncommon for most players. Even though they paint 20,000+ simoleon paintings, they don't have endless money. They have to generate millions of simoleons in order to maintain their lifestyle. If their only options were regular jobs, they wouldn't even be able to afford living in their home. :# That said, even I draw the line somewhere and don't use money trees or stack reward traits that give money...

I build multi level basements and hedges or fences around the whole yard. Basement pools and saunas are cool too. Burn, Simoleons, burn!