Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix Sims 4, or wait for Sims 5?

Comments

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I'm not too keen on the idea of waiting 7-10 more years to maybe getting Sims 5 with a good number of Occults.

I might as well stay with this current mess. Unless they release Sims 5: Forgotten Realms, with no modern stuff, all medieval and fantasy.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wait for Sims 5!
    I'll only have hope for Sims 4 being properly fixed on the day we see restaurants working smoothly without mods or workarounds. Maybe they'll fix it in time for the 10th anniversary?
  • jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I don't know... part of my enjoyment of Sims is that excitement for the next pack... I don't mind starting over because it means there will always be something new and shiny to experience every couple of months... which is why I kind of like the packs.

Call me a sap *shrug*

*Edit* I thought this over a bit more, I will say having the expansions, packs, whatever actually WORK when they release... would be a huge incitement to buy Sims 5 ... As it is now where they release then aren't actually fixed for a few months afterwards... yeah I agree with ya'll... fix 4 I'll hold off on 5 as well... wow, I've never been a fickle person :) but I guess this post changed my mind.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    It's sad, really. I was hoping Sims 4 would actually be even better than 3.
    AEqualsBCD wrote: »
    Do you mean fix the bugs? If so then yeah please do fix that. The game itself is in a good place, I'm enjoying it anyway. Packs can be a little lacking at times but I am enjoying The Sims 4. Keeps me occupied each day.

Yes, fix the bugs is what I mean.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    It has taken me years to build a world in Sims 4, creating characters, building lore and houses. To invest that much energy into a new game it will have to be spectacular
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wait for Sims 5!
    I think the Sims 4 is just beyond fixing now cuz of how broken it is. The more things they add, the more broken it gets. Getting a Sims 5 is more probable than getting a fixed Sims 4. I'm just being realistic here. Unless, fixing means a total overhaul of the game engine, then I think it's not possible.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Neither. I don't have any faith that EA can deliver a quality product
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

But also...what exactly are you referring to?

Fix what? Everybody seems to have a different idea of whats wrong with the Sims 4 and other people are fine with it lol.

So far the only thing I noticed thats truly broken (bug wise) is the dine out gamepack.

Well, we are currently dealing with the aging up bug and the "dating" relatives bugs. There's lots of us right now who can't open our games at all, for fear of years worth of gameplay being ruined. So, yeah. There's some stuff that needs fixing.

I think folks are tired of downloading mods to patch up things that shouldn't have been broken to begin with.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,830 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    If a Sims 5 means multiplayer online then don't bother even making it, just call it quits at 4 and say thanks for the memories. Massive multiplayer online gaming is the worst kind of gaming imaginable. I've been there, done that, and it brings out the worst in people. The Sims is at its best as a single player offline sandbox. If they make it both that's fine, but playing it entirely online is not the Sims.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Fix Sims 4. After buying quite a few expansions for Sims 3 and 4 I can safely say that I wouldn't do that again if Sims 5 released. Please go back and do a few refreshes of Sims 4 packs, balance out the previous dlc so it all represents value for money and more importantly functions properly. Yes I know, it probably won't ever happen.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I'm totally in agreement with others that are saying that The Sims 4 needs to have its bugs fixed. Not only that, it would be really nice if the developers could do more pack refreshes like was done with the Spa Day pack, which added a lot of needed value and features. The vast majority of Sims 4 packs have been greatly overpriced for the amount of content they contain, so I'm going to agree with others who have said that TS4 has been handled extremely poorly over the years. The Sims 5 would have to be something extremely spectacular for me to even consider purchasing it, which seems very unlikely given EA's current direction with the series.
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    They need better coders.
    Kendrana wrote: »
    I'm totally in agreement with others that are saying that The Sims 4 needs to have its bugs fixed. Not only that, it would be really nice if the developers could do more pack refreshes like was done with the Spa Day pack, which added a lot of needed value and features. The vast majority of Sims 4 packs have been greatly overpriced for the amount of content they contain, so I'm going to agree with others who have said that TS4 has been handled extremely poorly over the years. The Sims 5 would have to be something extremely spectacular for me to even consider purchasing it, which seems very unlikely given EA's current direction with the series.

I still wish Batuu was actually a war zone for aliens. When you say Star Wars, it usually means, get ready to become a Sith/Jedi and fight like crazy.
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    I just saw a post about an emergency patch in a week or so. I hope it actually fixes things.
  • MissRoxanne123MissRoxanne123 Posts: 19 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Fix 4. I'm not planning to get Sims 5 and would rather the game I already spent a lot of money on be fixed. I'm not sure if they will, but one can hope I guess.
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I don't think I'll be buying something new. I didn't play for so long, recently when I logged back in to play some Sims I forgot how to do a heap of things. And of course some of the layout had changed lol.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2022
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    As each new iteration of Sims gets a new game engine, I would rather they fix the existing one first.

I would love to see more compatibility so you could take at least furniture and clothes from TS4 to TS5.

Even the ability saving patterns or colours would be good.

I’ve moved house twice, I still have a table, lamp and bookcase from 1999.

It wouldn’t feel you were starting from scratch every time.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    @Gamer_34567544 I hope that is true about a patch next week! I really want to play my game but haven't because of all the bugs. I chose fix 4 because I enjoy Sims 4 and want to continue to play as long as possible. I miss my sims and the gameplay and want to get back to my stories. I doubt I will be interested in Sims 5, and after the recent issues with Sims 4, I don't want to put any more money into a new Sims series. I think the focus for Sims 5 is going to be on gameplay for the younger generations, so probably won't be for me. I hope to continue to enjoy Sims4, if bugs get fixed, and still enjoy my Sims 2, 3 and Medieval as well. That will be enough to keep me busy without needing to buy a new one.
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    @Gamer_34567544 I hope that is true about a patch next week! I really want to play my game but haven't because of all the bugs. I chose fix 4 because I enjoy Sims 4 and want to continue to play as long as possible. I miss my sims and the gameplay and want to get back to my stories. I doubt I will be interested in Sims 5, and after the recent issues with Sims 4, I don't want to put any more money into a new Sims series. I think the focus for Sims 5 is going to be on gameplay for the younger generations, so probably won't be for me. I hope to continue to enjoy Sims4, if bugs get fixed, and still enjoy my Sims 2, 3 and Medieval as well. That will be enough to keep me busy without needing to buy a new one.

It happened already... :s I wish they would just fix the game.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    @Gamer_34567544 Ugh! So that means the patch didn't really fix much. I am still reading from the forum that people are still having alot of issues with the game. Guess I will be waiting a long time before playing again. Unless I get brave enough to try a new save. :(
  • JuntsuroJuntsuro Posts: 1 New Member
    Wait for Sims 5!
    I have many problems with the sims 4 that aren't things to fix just personal preferences so at this point I just don't want ts5 to be disappointing
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Moving on to a new game and leaving behind the Sims 4 is the easy way out. If they can't fix the Sims 4, I have doubts that the Sims 5 will be any different. I mean, the same people working on 4 will most likely be the same on 5 and if they can't handle the current game, how will they handle a new one?
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Moving on to a new game and leaving behind the Sims 4 is the easy way out. If they can't fix the Sims 4, I have doubts that the Sims 5 will be any different. I mean, the same people working on 4 will most likely be the same on 5 and if they can't handle the current game, how will they handle a new one?

This exactly!
  • CardinalsFan2012CardinalsFan2012 Posts: 59 Member
    Has it been confirmed that there will be a Sims 5 ?
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,917 Member
    Have Sims 4 fixed!
    Continued supporting Sims 4 please ! I dont want another game...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker