Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods yay or nay

Comments

• Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Sims 3 was the only game I had to use mods, mostly nraas mods (overwatch, MC, story progression, error trap). I removed them after getting a digital version of the game because I prefer playing vanilla.
  • Options
    IrateCorvidIrateCorvid Posts: 9 New Member
    Heavy Mods (Gotta have them ALL)
    My game is heavily modded. From NRaas mods to Faerielandsims' retextures of all the hairs in game. I gotta have it all. I absolutely recommend using quality of life mods for the game at least.
  • Options
    ulyssaperkinsulyssaperkins Posts: 1 New Member
    It really depends on what side of the lawn you are on. I personally have mods to stop my sims from being obsessed with the store content just today my sim who lives off of growing crops decided that instead of going to sleep It would be perfectly reasonable to wake up at 1 am to fertilize the crops?? The worst part is that he did this 4 times in a row so I deleted the tractor and found a mod thankfully :D
  • Options
    chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    Had it not been for mods, I probably would have gotten bored with the Sims a long time ago.

However, I find that I use less mods s in the Sims 3 then I do in the Sims 4 maybe because I get more bored playing in a closed world.
  • Options
    LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    edited April 2022
    Other
    I only have one, I do not like them much. it feels like cheating. says the girl who put in motherload cheat 6 times I do cheat but mods are different
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • Options
    paladinx333paladinx333 Posts: 11 New Member
    I voted heavy mods as I am currently releasing mods for the Sims 3. :)
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    Must be modded, but my mods aren't as heavy as many other long-time users. By "must", I mean the NRaas set of stability and game control mods. Others that I like include a few things that improve quality of gaming life, like the rest of the NRaas mods, and the Transmogrifier by IcarusAllSorts.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Just about all NRaas mods, lighting, CC (tons) and whatever I feel I need to be happy with my game - like no fairywings, zz snoring and sparkles! And also "walk not run"...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited May 2022
    Limited Mods (only mods like overwatch, error trap, Smooth patch, etc)
    Wrong thread
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited May 2022
    Other
    Just realized this was a Sims3 question and wish I could change my vote to Limited, because I do indeed use only game-maintenance mods like NRAAS, with very few others. So I mod that game lightly.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    As others have said, my game too Is heavily modded, but I'm very very picky with my mods so while I would love to "have it all" I just don't. And for good reason. I want a game that plays smoothly and doesn't crash. :)

@Cororon I have that mod the gets rid of the annoying toe tapping too! (That was one of the FIRST I added to my game!) That and bypassing the loading screen and getting rid of the build sparkles. Whatever they added to Sims 3 (that wasn't in Sims 2) that was a new annoyance, I did my best to mod it out if I could. (I also have a no "what's this?" mod as well because that drove me up the wall when adding new items to the house! :grimace: ) I was still in Sims 2 mode and that game was the bomb.com but I was overjoyed to move on to an open world Sims game. :mrgreen: I just wish some of the great things from 2 would've rolled over and made Sims 3 even greater, but it's all good. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Other
    @emorrill Is that mod that eliminates the toe tapping the same one that eliminates the tantrum sims throw when something blocks them from what they were going to do? If so, do you know the name of it and where I can find it?
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @emorrill Is that mod that eliminates the toe tapping the same one that eliminates the tantrum sims throw when something blocks them from what they were going to do? If so, do you know the name of it and where I can find it?

Not sure what's allowed for embedding links in posts, but if you go to the Mod The Sims site, you can find popular versions of both fixes. There's a "No Foot Tapping while Waiting" mod, and a "No Route Fail Tantrum" mod. Both are by the same author.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Other
    SimSpock wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Not sure what's allowed for embedding links in posts, but if you go to the Mod The Sims site, you can find popular versions of both fixes. There's a "No Foot Tapping while Waiting" mod, and a "No Route Fail Tantrum" mod. Both are by the same author.

Thank you.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @SimSpock Thanks for stepping in to help @IreneSwift <3 I wasn't able to get on the computer yesterday due to a nasty headache. :confounded:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Other
    I like mods. I don't need them all nor just a few. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I voted for the heavily moded but it's both yay and nay because the game/computer can't handle it :neutral:
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    No Mods (Vanilla)
    I am of the way opposite end of the spectrum! Mods destroyed my game at one point...gave my computer a nasty virus! No mods for me!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    As someone who plays games like Skyrim where heavily modding the game to the point of being unrecognizable is a thing, all the mods for me. I love customizing the game to fit my playstyle or to add new features that I wouldn't get with official content. It makes my game feel more personal and unique compared to someone else's.
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Other
    The only mod I have for sims 3 is a hair one. I haven't used it yet, I have LOTS! of mods for sims 4.
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    All of my Sims games are heavily modded from Sims 2 - 4.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Sims 3 is almost the only sims game i use mods for right now, i cannot be bothered to mod the others as much because i am not as invested in them.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Limited Mods (only mods like overwatch, error trap, Smooth patch, etc)
    I had always played vanilla until I tried world building. The process of setting them up seems easy enough. However, after all these years, it still annoys me we need mods to keep the game working smoothly and for creating things like rabbit holes. Thank goodness for all those clever people out there who have provided the mods. Without their help the laptop would surely have gone out the window a long time ago :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Other
    It depends. Sims 2 and 3 are heavily modded (no more updates), but Sims 4 is lightly modded. I have what I need to help to keep things running smoothly, but is easy to update when we do get patches.