Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    heh they find their time a lil bored in the city? Well yes maybe the aspiration could be a bit more intresting :P
    Always can woohoo :D
    hehe, about chess cheating, so far none of my sims have get gaught:P

@LegacySims2017 ,
    haha , yes , it is very interesting to follow D.J. 's gigs, I really should play active careers again :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2022
    August - Day 14: "Skilling Interlude..."

tywfsiM.png

Notes

Not much to report since I wasn't able to play the game until very late and he and Sandy were only skilling anyway. No story mode this time. :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited August 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun18.jpg
    June 18: Starlight Accolades!

dj-06-198.jpg
    dj-06-199.jpg

dj-06-200.jpg
    dj-06-201.jpg

dj-06-202.jpg
    dj-06-203.jpg

Side Note:
    Sadly, D.J. didn't win any awards this time around. I think he'll be going to one more before my June month is over. Unfortunately, there was a glitch. There were 6 awards handed out. Two never came up to the mic and one stood in front of the of MC and stared at her the whole time :lol: before taking her seat.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

@Karababy52 , hehe , even in placeholder pic , he looks somehow "I want out of the city" when looking out of those windows ... great shot!! :D

@LegacySims2017 , aww, too bad he did not win, I use longer gala mod, because it is often full of bugs or something goes wrong, like in yours, there is more time : Also i use sit at gala fix.. no more people wandering around :P I can link those if you are interested? :)

Okay, Oona... I hope I can get something here today. all last night went to tracing one annoying LE, or the cause of it. finally found the bugger, outdated ECO mod. I was too tired to get anything done then. But hey, at least my sim is now in love with Knox :D:s

One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun19.jpg
    June 19: Spring Chill!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. I spent the in-game day working on some of D.J.'s skills. As I am running the seasons in-game to match the real-time weather, it is still Spring in June. Today in-game was a chilly day out. Both D.J. and Paige turned into their cold weather outfits. :grimace: It is almost the Summer, though. Maybe the weather in-game realizes it and is throwing some cold weather at my Sims before the first day of Summer.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    August 14th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Oona would make a great actress...or any other playable profession for that matter.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    August 9th - 15th Reaching the top

This Week's Accomplishments:
    Reach level 10 Piano
    Reach level 10 Pipe Organ
    Reach level 10 Logic
    Reach level 10 Flower Arranging
    Master Vampire
    - Read the Ultimate Vampire Tome
    - Become a Grand Master Vampire

ogDpAIk.png
    After the incident at the Greenburg's I knew I had to buckle down or give up, and I'd come too far to give up now.

I stopped hiding in my room and began spending more time with the other vampires, trying to become closer to them and gain their trust.
    My father and I began playing chess daily and I was able to gauge how his mind worked. He was cunning and often won our games and I couldn't help but think he was trying to prove a point in doing so.

lsC4KmP.png

Chess wasn't the only skill he mentored me in though. He was an excellent pianist and insisted I take it up, sitting me down at the piano daily and instructing me how to play.

TDrUiHi.png

I don't know if it's because I now pick skills up faster as a vampire or if he's just a really good teacher, but I mastered the instrument within a weeks time.

Znz0cFi.png

Camille was even able to talk him into posing for me so I could paint his portrait.

hQOmlhf.png

It was hard to tell, but I think he liked it.

Y4UxSo5.png

Camille loved it and hung it up in the entrance way across from the one I'd done of her.

PWA7mrV.png

As we grew closer through our interactions, he began to train me more in the way of vampires and my power began to rise substantially.

o5ngEA1.png

He wasn't the only one training me though. I continued to sneak out to train with the Vatore siblings as well.

D9zeTq8.png

When I told them how I'd accidentally killed an elderly woman despite my charade of drinking deeply, Caleb revealed that there was a chance it hadn't been my drinking that had killed her.

Jyq3FzK.png

"Did you drink or eat anything before your hunt?" he asked, and I informed him I'd had some plasma fruit before I'd left. He nodded. "As a vampire you're immune to almost all poisons. If someone where to poison the fruit before you ate it, you would be unharmed, but any sim you drank from soon after eating it would be in danger."
    As I realized what he was saying I was overcome by a deep seething rage.
    "So my father may have discovered that I supplement my diet with plasma fruit," I growled, "and purposely poisoned the fruit to make it seem like I'd killed someone!?"
    Caleb nodded. "If he could make you think you were already a killer, he may have hoped that it would be easier for you to do it on your own in the future."
    I had to push down my rage when I returned home that morning, but I was determined to dip down into it whenever I began to feel like giving up. He was going down. And he was going down hard!

0ydEcyp.png

I continued to do yoga with Daniela and she continued to give me lessons on the pipe organ until I'd mastered that as well.

Y4bDFXq.png

Meanwhile, Camille gave me access to her flower arranging table and taught me how to scent bouquets with rare flowers that produced interesting reactions in sims.

nVSduCH.png

In my spare time I delved into the last book on vampires that I'd found in the study.

u0Kjcjs.png

It hinted at a cure for vampirism, but didn't divulge the required ingredients. Of course it said nothing about the substance that had been used to defeat the former Grand Master. I'd have to continue digging.

We continued to hunt every night, but now I was careful about rinsing out my mouth after eating a plasma fruit and fortunately there were no more accidental deaths.

T8kvq9e.png

Near the end of my second week as a vampire, we had just returned from our hunt when I challenged my father to a sparring match. He was in good humor and accepted my challenge.

GK86RgN.png

While he ultimately won our match, I came very close to beating him and I could see the astonishment and fear in his eyes as he lifted me off the ground.

dtQ28cg.png

Back down on the ground he growled and accused me of training behind his back.

0LI1gVv.png

I did not confirm or deny his suspicions, but the next day he refused to give me any more lessons and disappeared into his study for most of the day. I knew the time of our ultimate confrontation would have to be soon, but I still needed a little more training and the Vatores had already shown me everything they knew.

Hesitantly, I approached a headstone nestled between two trees behind the manor. Daniela had reveled that it belonged to Vlad, the former Grand Master of the vampires, and that some nights he could be seen pacing around near it.

RghuGqB.png

I placed my hand on the stone and called out his name. At first nothing happened, but suddenly a spectral form sprang upwards and I admittedly screamed in surprise.

6MooRdY.png

He didn't seem too pleased to see me at first, but I introduced myself and soon we were laughing together like old friends. In a moment of desperation I risked everything, and in a whispered conversation, explained that I wished to overthrow my father and would accept any assistance he was willing to give. He really laughed then, and heartily agreed to teach me everything he knew.

xbTmjVV.png

Unfortunately he did not know the formula for the concoction that had ended his reign, but assured me that he would snoop around and see what he could find.

Vlad was true to his word, and after a few training sessions with him, he confirmed what I already knew; I had reached the top ranks in my vampiric powers. I was now my Father's equal.

WP2x0Yk.png
    August - Day 15: "Spice Festival...:

WwYh7lc.png

Notes
    B8VsXzi.png
    Saturday, the boys, Jacob and Joel all showed up again while Cale was singing and playing some Jazz on the piano. They all stood around and watched him for a few minutes and then started to chat together ignoring him. I think I'm going to have to take the keys away. They come over at least once, sometimes two or even three times a day for a "Friends Hangout' or 'It's Game Night' visits. It's just way too much for me! I don't remember key holders visiting that much in other saves, but I guess they do now. o.O

Anyway, since they were already there, the group headed out together for the Spice Festival later that night.

bZ7f0U4.png
    Everyone tried the Spiced Curry Challenge together. CJ was the first one to lose the challenge.

PQA1jYq.png
    Followed closely behind by Cale and Jacob. I never saw Joe breathing fire, so I think he might've beat the challenge.

tv0Iuoh.png
    Last to suffer the consequences was Joel. Sandy (and maybe Joe) was the only one to win the challenge.
    "Hey! Careful, don't burn my hair Bro!"

0gZQxmf.png
    Essa was there busking with her guitar. They all listened to her for a while. Cale is hiding behind Joel. If you look closely, you can see his feet. hehe

9Rcgt07.png
    Cale gave her a generous tip which Essa appreciated, even though they are filthy rich and don't need the simoleans. It's still always nice to know when someone enjoys your efforts though.

jRhv0sn.png
    Just a nice screenshot of Joe eating one of the dishes offered for sale in the food stalls. I think it was some kind of pork dish.

OIxzn9Z.png
    They all had a dance together and a chat while doing it.

d9GzJPe.png
    Cale took selfies with almost everyone since I only have one pic of him with the boys. I love how CJ looks in this shot.

J0xu001.png
    Of all the selfies Cale took there, this one is my favorite because everyone is in it! The actual photo doesn't show everyone, but the original screenshot does.

INR80pi.png
    He took one with Jacob too! He's such a cutie!

PVsVcXy.png
    He has lots of pics of Joel, but why not a new one to compare to the past.

SgY0fjf.png
    Lastly, his old co-star from DSV, Easton, was there. I've shown this pose for selfies before, but I love how Easton looks in it. Such a handsome Sim! Erik was there too, but he left before Cale could get a selfie with him. Ah well...

1a8wrCw.png
    All those playful selfies caused Cale to be dangerously close to going into hysterics so I sent him to the karaoke bar to try to calm himself down.

dvnFXkZ.png
    Back at the Festival he and Sandy shared a kiss.
    "Are you alright now?"
    "I'm good."
    "Thank the Watcher!"

You're welcome!

MkEybaH.png
    Some of the group tried the bubble blower together. CJ's frowning because he couldn't handle it and went into a coughing fit.
    "Hey, want me to show you how it's done? Watch!"

Pretty bold of you to say Cale since you've only tried it once and didn't like it, couldn't handle it yourself. Remember?

(Shhh...)

u6dmmjj.png
    Lucky for him, it went smoothly this time. Maybe because he has a little experience with it under his belt?

KmJp4Wt.png
    One of his baby Mamas, Mollie Ricks, sat down next to him. She's the lady scientist, he got the filter from. They have a daughter named Naomi. She's the only one he can remember woohooing with, but it was after he'd already gotten her pregnant. Anyway, does he look a bit uncomfortable to you? He should. He had asked to be just friends with her, but there was still chat options for him to kiss her, whisper sweet nothings, etc. o.O Uh, no, he won't be doing any of that. I decided probably shouldn't talk to her at all. She got up and left before he could anyway. *Whew*

fvTtNT4.png
    Just a great screenshot of Cale with Sandy in the background using the bubble blower. I guess she at least likes it.

vWfxvC6.png
    Poor Damon, he doesn't look too happy about being a food stall worker. I don't blame him, he's a rich vampire, doesn't even need the job but got roped into it by the game. I sent Cale over to have a chat with him and maybe cheer him up.

2hU5yKj.png
    It worked! He's smiling now after a cheerful introduction and Cale brightening his day. Doesn't hurt to have more vampire friends for the future. ;)

332ZV5P.png
    CJ! Why would you tell your Mom a gross joke? hehe @afai1261's Selfsim looks a bit surprised by that too.

6yYVlDt.png
    I've been hoping Cale would see her again so they could be friends. The festival was over, but he was able to snag her to chat before she left.

oUvOf2V.png
    And then I saw THIS in the chat options. What!? They are friends, no romance bar, nothing. I've set Cale's preferences so that he's not looking for romance or anything and he's married! What the heck game!? o.O

xBcOctr.png
    M'kay, well no more talking, but stargazing is safe enough. Oh, and I wanted to have him take a selfie with her too, but she wasn't on the list. That's why she's in her everyday wear, Cale had asked to see it for the selfie. Only reason I can figure for that is because she was 'working' at the time? Well, hopefully he'll see her again somewhere. He's been seeing her a lot in San Myshuno so chances are good it'll happen. Cale and Sandy went back home after that. The rest of the group left when the festival ended.

Yesterday's daily post pic will be it for the day. I was just way too busy with stuff here at home to get in the game until very late and even then all they did was skill for GeekCon. Let's call yesterday a Skill Interlude. :)

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Looks like such a fun gig for DJ! Cale didn't do that one I don't think. I think it's the same western @afai1261 did with Aaron since he wore that same hat. :)

Thanks, glad y'all don't mind when it ends up being just a daily post pic or perhaps images and no text. I did that once, but I might do it again some time if the images are good enough to tell the story. No worries about the kudos thing for the title quote. It is a pretty obscure thing and you'd probably need to be around my age to get it. It's from a bit that a ventriloquist did on the Ed Sullivan show decades ago. He went by the name of Señor Wences. :)

Yep, cheated, but in the end it worked! hehe Ah well, I guess I should've just been patient. A very good tip about the pool party. I'll have to try to remember that. :)

You're right, Cale did not want to get involved in Joe's cheating, but still got somewhat roped into it anyway and then Joe got a bit annoyed when he lectured him about it. hehe Kind of hypocritical since he cheated himself back in the day. But he's a Dad now and can't turn that off it seems. ;)

Ugh, bummer he didn't win and that it glitched out. The Gala can be kind of buggy at times like that. I've had the exact same thing happen with those NPC actors blocking the mic after they get their award or never doing their speech. Hopefully next time he'll win again. :)

The same as with DJ & Paige, it's been Spring for Cale & Sandy in SM and cold! They had maybe one day that was warm. They're at the first day of Summer now and it's a heat wave! Yay! Glad it's almost Summer for DJ too!

@Ellupelluellu
    I don't know if Cale is bored with the city, but I am just a little. I love the festivals, they're great! But not so keen on apartment living. Plus, well, Cale loves the outdoors and plants, so he's probably starting to feel a bit cooped up in the city. At least he has his garden. When it's not reverting to dirt piles anyway. Yep, always can woohoo! hehe

Joe probably wouldn't have got caught either if Cale hadn't been standing there mentoring him. Sandy was just going to let it go. hehe Thanks about the screenshot though, I like it too. :)

Bummer about the outdated Mod, but glad you were able to find out which one it was causing the LE and get it updated! \o/ Yay! She's in love with Knox! o.O Okay, well glad she has someone to love at least. That's all I'll say, you know how I feel about that Sim. ;)
    edited August 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun20.jpg
    June 20: Apocalypse Rising!

Gig 6
    Television Show: ZBB: Apocalypse Rising (Season 8, Episode 1)
    Synopsis: Zak Holland (Dash Joseph Faireborn) recalls his moments when he had to fight the zombie leader (Haruka Nakagawa) who was only half zombie to gain access how to control the virus to help his family who were slowly turning into zombies themselves.

dj-06-204.jpg
    dj-06-205.jpg
    dj-06-206.jpg
    dj-06-207.jpg
    dj-06-208.jpg
    dj-06-209.jpg
    dj-06-210.jpg
    dj-06-211.jpg
    dj-06-212.jpg
    dj-06-219.jpg
    dj-06-213.jpg
    dj-06-214.jpg
    dj-06-215.jpg
    dj-06-218.jpg
    dj-06-216.jpg
    dj-06-217.jpg
    dj-06-220.jpg
    dj-06-221.jpg
    dj-06-222.jpg
    dj-06-223.jpg

Side Notes:
    • I couldn't stop laughing at the Sim in the chicken costume while D.J. was rehearsing with his co-star.
    • If anyone reading has done this gig, I changed the ending to my own. As I was having D.J.'s character tell the story, it made no sense for the actual ending. Those who hadn't done the gig, I'll not spoil it for you.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited August 2022
    @LegacySims2017 ,
    if he wins this time, its clearly the guitar cobination ;)ehhem :D

@Karababy52 ,
    yes , i remember you saying CL is not your cup of tea, in general , before :) Thay seemed to have fun at festival, spice is my favorite of them :p glad you made sure not too fun, how nice it would be, i rather see NOT (non werebeast) Greg there.

@RememberJoy ,
    great episode! Hmmm.. i still am not sure do i wanna see the battle :D
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

edited August 2022
    August - Day 16: "I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it! Life is too short to be cool..."

q3PIlGR.png

Notes
    lG2Z4ck.png
    When they returned from the Spice Festival, here's what greeted them. I'm tired of dealing with this. They don't need the simoleans, so I put all the garden stuff in their household inventory until next month. Hopefully this doesn't happen so much in Evergreen Harbor, but I'm not holding my breath.

jNfG5pP.png
    The next few days were spent in a skill-a-thon, but they did take a break to go fishing. Veera showed up to mentor Sandy which I thought was sweet. She disappeared a few minutes later.

iDuKO6w.png
    Finally, Tuesday arrived with GeekCon! Cale was ready, he'd reached Level 10 in programming and in Video Gaming. Sandy did well too in both but didn't reach the top of either one. When they arrived, she headed for the gaming mats to take the Ultimate Gaming Test and Cale snagged a computer for the Hackathon.

k0JEvXK.png
    A few minutes later the contest began with nobody else competing against Cale. I know that won't last, but I'm hoping that Josh doesn't show up. He always wins this if he is there.

HOvHEAB.png
    Looking around I happened to catch Erik looking very fine in his costume. Work it Dude!

VlAmfeb.png
    Uh oh, dangit! There's Josh. He hasn't sat down yet, but I know he will. Cale finished with a score of 72. Not bad, but I'm guessing it won't be good enough. He headed over to the gaming mats to try his luck with the Ultimate Gaming challenge too. Perhaps he can win that instead.

GYcwjAt.png
    YES! He did it! Kind of low scores if you ask me, but it doesn't matter, he still successfully completed the aspiration. Congratulations Cale!

98uFGeO.png
    It's a good thing he took that video gaming test because, of course, Josh won the Hackathon like I knew he would. Congrats Joshie! A little surprised at his score though, only 82? He usually scores 100. Must be an off day for him. hehe If NPCs actually were allowed to keep their winnings, Josh would probably have at least a dozen or more of those computers they win.

Ba6cEvq.png
    Cale had an idea on how they could celebrate completing the aspiration and both winning the Ultimate Gaming Test. You've probably guessed by now what it is from the daily post pic. ;)

WhnyKQ9.png
    They don't look suspicious at all, right? ;)

UmkQtu9.png
    5RzMMy8.png
    Have fun you two!

FrmUS5P.png
    OQNpyma.png
    6TL9bwh.png
    8k9Pu7Y.png

aIzTsnI.png
    While they were, uh, gettin' busy in space, I took a look around and saw this. Hmm, must be a leftover glitch from the Romance Festival? Too bad that Bird of Paradise wasn't at the festival when they attended it. Cale doesn't have one. But it was Spring and those only grow in Summer. I should've had Cale see if he could snag that one, but didn't think of it until just now. Ah well...

658diQK.png
    I noticed CJ was there too, chatting with Aurora Royal and Caroline Albright, two of Cale's baby Mamas. Uh CJ, don't get too chummy with them, okay? o.O

zUSlqpO.png
    Welcome back! <3

zAKNT3L.png
    Considering what they just did up there, they don't look too thrilled. o.O I can't imagine it's too, um, easy to woohoo in that tiny space while wearing spacesuits so I guess I get it. LOL! Sandy immediately went to get a drink and Cale was hungry so grabbed a burger.

9ZlNyNs.png
    Aww, I thought Sandy was getting a drink at a bar perhaps located on the GeekCon grounds, but nope. I thought it was sweet Cale took his burger all the way over there so he could sit there with her to eat it. Tried to have them sing a duet, but Sandy wasn't on the list for Cale to choose. Opps! I must've removed the Mod I had to allow them to choose anyone in the area. They took a few selfies instead and went home.

Comments/replies coming up next. Hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh I love this gig, one of my favorites! Ah, you decided not to show the 'real' ending. That's cool, was looking forward to seeing it though, but no biggie. I understand about wanting to have something different for DJ. :) That chicken guy is hilarious, yep! hehe So, so glad Cale never had that gig.

@Ellupelluellu
    I'm with you, the Spice Festival is actually my favorite! I like the others, but that one is the most fun in my opinion, next to GeekCon. Love that one too. Oh boy, now wouldn't that have been something else if Greg did show up in his werewolf form? o.O Would've made for an exciting time that's for sure. hehe

@Karababy52 ,
    i said it badly, I meant the non werewolf Greg, not the newest copycat, lol, I would of not liked to see him in there if Cale would of had a bit too much fun.. (grim)
    I love the first pic, its so joyful!! great geekcon, congrats to Josh, again, heh
    Of course yhey used the rocket <3 oh hi, Veera!

August 15th Comments:

@Karababy52
    (revisiting August 14th daily image)
    Since you decided not to add a story to it, I'll still comment. What is Cale looking at out the window? He looks intrigued. :wink:
    I knew the keyholders were gonna make themselves at Cale and Sandy's home... ha ha. Tried to hint that to you. :wink: There should be a setting you can do for how much one can visit. I bet Essa was playing "Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!" on her guitar. :joy: I like the look Mollie is giving Cale why he looks like doesn't know if he should say something or not. I think she was wanting him to by her own look. I guess EA/Maxis missed out on that option when they did the update. Hopefully siblings don't get that. That was bad enough when their Wants were to woohoo with their own sibling. Stargazing was a nice way to end it. :smile:
    I'm happy even if the game did glitch out for the gala. Six awards handed out is pretty decent. Last couple times he went only a few were handed out at each. Maybe his last one will even be more. :lol: I think I mentioned to you, that my July will be Sulani as I want D.J. to spend his last month as a young adult at the beach, not when he's a bit older. So looking forward to the nice summer weather there. Guessing there's going to be lots and lots of rain, though.

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks for the offer on the Gala mods. I think I will pass. Six awards were good enough for me. I don't want D.J. to spend all night at them as well. I was pretty happy this time around with the sitting. Almost all the attendees found seats, even if on the floor. :smile:

@RememberJoy
    (I hope you had a wonderful time off vacation! Good to see vampire Adam again now!)
    Ooo, the showdown between father and son is about to happen. Pretty sure Adam will win, but how much damage will his father do to him first is the question. Go Adam, go!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited August 2022
    August 16th: A new start

WXCiYEY.png
    The next day I was called to my father's study.
    As I entered, feeling rather nervous and unsure what to expect, my eyes met the cold blue eyes of a vampire I had not yet met.

c2d1J4Y.png

I nodded and turned my attention to Darius who was seated at the desk, watching me closely.

UIFd6EM.png

"You, my son, have exceeded my expectations," he said, his face remaining stony, "therefore I have determined it is time for you to shoulder more responsibilities. You will move to San Myshuno and become Eric's right hand," he continued, gesturing towards the newcomer. "He has agreed to take you under his wing, but will expect absolute obedience and compliance from you; you will have no special privileges just because you are my son. Do we have an understanding?"

tG05rim.png

I nodded and stepped forward to introduce myself to Eric. We shook hands and for a moment I could almost swear I saw a ghost of a smile cross his lips, but then he spoke and his voice was serious.

WXCiYEY.png

"I have been given an important task and will expect full cooperation on your part," he said gripping my hand firmly.
    Before I could say another word he'd already encapsulated us into a cloud of black mist, and we were off.

When we reappeared, we were standing in a nicely decorated apartment.

fEyjHFA.png

Eric released my hand and stepped back to give me a looking over.

"You honestly look nothing like him," he said finally, taking me by surprise. "But that's probably a good thing." He sauntered over to the couch and motioned for me to come join him. "Now I have it on good authority that you want to overthrow him, and I'd like to help you Adam."

c43mxXD.png

My heart skipped a beat or two as I slowly sat down next to him. I had not been expecting that.
    "On who's good authority did you hear that from?" I asked, unsuccessfully trying to play it cool.
    "The Vatore siblings contacted me," Eric said, smiling faintly. "They informed me that you'd been training with them and that you were willing to help our cause."
    "My father is a sociopathic killer," I said rubbing my eyes. "He must be stopped."
    Eric nodded. "He is that, and there are many of our kind who disagree with his methods, but he is a Grand Master and wields a deadly weapon. It will not be easy to destroy him," Eric paused, "but I might just have a plan."

7u3TbQy.png

Eric went on to explain that he had been tasked by Darius to create a new vampire division in San Myshuno. My father unsurprisingly wanted to become powerful enough to subjugate all sim kind under his authority, and to do so he needed an army of sorts.
    "That's were we come in," Eric said. "If we can find sims who are goodhearted to join our ranks, we will eventually outnumber his people, and will have a better chance at stopping him."
    "So you want my help to create more vampires?" I asked, feeling a little queasy at the thought.

TApwmNY.png

"Yes!" Eric grinned. "You are the direct descendant of Darius, as well as his vampiric offspring. Your plasma will be very strong and you're offspring will share in that strength."
    I had to give it some thought, but barring actually finding the vampire killing formula my mother had created, this might be our next best option.
    "I'll do it," I said, and Eric clapped me on the back and sprang from his seat.
    "Then let us start our search!" he cried.

We wandered around the city and used our vampiric powers to read people's personalities.

FhkfdjH.png

There were a few promising candidates, but they always ended up being married or tied down somehow. Just as I was getting ready to give up, I found someone!

jrnoyDx.png

His name was Omari, he loved animals, was incredibly intelligent, and would remain faithful to those he cared about. But most importantly, he was single!

EMOf1mp.png

I asked him if he had ever heard of vampires and he immediately got excited and said he had, but had been unable to find out much about them.
    When I revealed I was one, and was currently looking for volunteers to help overthrow an evil vampire, he enthusiastically agreed to help.

bcBUyLF.png

We returned to our apartment and I explained the process for becoming a vampire.

wX3RewZ.png

He looked a little nervous so I told him it was his choice and that I wouldn't force it on him. Putting the choice before him like that seemed to strengthen his resolve, because he stood up and told me he was ready.

GbWdXjb.png

I placed him into a trance, making sure to drink just enough of his plasma before allowing him to drink mine.

Y8S5aTI.png
    lJ1rE5e.png
    SHzJIeA.png
    S2Djxiv.png
    9erUQz0.png

And it was done.

XHl15aD.png

In a couple days I would have my very first offspring.
    I'm going to finish up the month in San Myshuno and complete the Vampire Family aspiration and maybe the City Native one as well.
    I'm replacing City Living with Werewolves in October but still wanted Adam to spend a little time here, plus I needed a change of scenery; there's only so much to do in Forgotten Hollow.
    August 16th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    I'll cave and agree with you on the guitar bit if D.J. wins another acting award. :blush:

@Karababy52
    Congrats to Cale for finishing that Aspiration. Yeah, pretty low scores. But who cares, right? lol :lol: I like how you already predicted Josh would win the hackathon if he entered it. And then he did. And he won. I bet if Joe was at the Con, he would have wanted to ride in the spaceship, for other reasons obviously. :joy:
    Yeah, I saw what D.J. had to do and was like...."Nope, new ending!" :grin:

@RememberJoy
    I wonder if Adam will cure all his offpsring he brings over to the vampire world...when he finds the cure, that is?!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun21.jpg
    June 21: Moving Forward!

Jake had good news for D.J. and called him in to the office.

"A movie director has left me a voicemail, D.J." Jake begins. "He's been keeping an eye on you and thinks you'd be perfect for the lead role in his new movie he has put together. It's about a superhero. He did some digging and found out what you did in StrangerVille and has been watching your commercials and tv show appearances. He wants you, D.J.! You!"
    "A movie?" D.J. asks. "Wow. I never pictured myself starring in a movie. But I never expected to be doing commercials or television shows as well."
    "I called the director back already. Asked him to fax me a copy of the script. Shooting begins Friday. He'll need an answer by tonight as it's Wednesday and if you back out, he'll need to find someone else. But he really wants you to play the role."

dj-06-224.jpg

Jake hands over a copy of the script to D.J. as he holds onto one himself. D.J. flips through the pages. He was having thoughts that this could be fun to do. He's done enough gigs to feel comfortable on the camera. He's also been chatting a lot with his fans on his SimSpace account. He's reached almost 1,200 followers.

dj-06-225.jpg

When D.J. arrives home, he shares the news with his fiancé, Paige. She was thrilled to hear about D.J. being in a movie role. Paige has also been busy herself working with the wedding planner. The wedding is 9 days away.

dj-06-226.jpg

Side Note:
    Part of the Aspiration, D.J. has to get a gold status in a movie role. Sadly, I had to have him switch Talent Agencies to do that, but we'll keep that our little secret for this story piece. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    August 17th: Gathering a team

Today's Accomplishments:
    Vampire Family
    - Convert 5 sims into vampires

City Native
    - Give an apartment key to a friend

1UXm32Y.png
    I spent the majority of the next day hunting down sims who not only possessed positive traits, but were also willing to become vampires. Not an easy task by a long shot.

PTQbwtX.png

But by the end of my second day in the city, I'd managed to assemble a diverse group of sims who were willing to put their necks on the line. Pun intended.

First there was Andy Daley who was a born salesman, held an interest in yoga and meditation, and had an adventurous spirit.

oCGCfTX.png

Next came Dayna Roth who admittedly had a bit of a temper, but was also interested in growing things and had a good head on her shoulders.

UGW4QUy.png

When we went clubbing that night, I found Londyn Winters who loved both art and children and was a bit of a geek, and Callie Hampton who enjoyed being active and healthy, and was dedicated to those she considered family.

oXPDoB4.png
    ZzN83Zm.png

They moved in immediately and I went through the ritual with all of them, beginning their transformation. Now we waited.

7c382vQ.png

Since we had to wait, I purchased everyone a yoga mat and led them through a focusing routine to get their minds off their changing bodies. Both Andy and Londyn seemed to have had some experience in this skill, because they were both able to keep up with me easily.

xNF6FzE.png

As our little band of vampires would require food until they changed, I brushed off my cooking skills and whipped up a couple meals for them to eat as they got hungry.

i1i7mtR.png

Eric and I went out to hunt to keep up appearances, but fortunately I still had some plasma packs to help take the edge off my thirst before we went out.

2ZnixUv.png

I asked Eric if it would be possible to grow a plasma tree in the apartment, but he shook his head and explained Darius often popped in to check in on him, and would get suspicious if he found us growing plasma fruit. I guess we'll just have to make due with the real thing for now.
    edited August 2022
    August - Day 17: "Challenge Save Updates..."

XH7cN9S.png

Notes
    dFiOD7V.png
    Since Cale has now finished his aspiration for the month, I decided to do something I haven't yet since the last patch update while they relaxed and had a tickle fight.

hCXqtzH.png
    hehe I just love this animation, it's so fun!

w7ygosx.png
    Alright, I left these two alone to snuggle and went into Manage Households to update every single Sim in this save. All 140 Sims except vampires and some Spellcasters were aged up, but they all had their sexual preferences set. A few got entirely new wardrobes, aspirations and traits. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it took a long time to accomplish. Especially for two of the following four Sims.

De1hGIU.png
    This is Kit Forrester, Fox and Venus' Son. He was a toddler. He of course needed everything set; traits, aspiration and a new wardrobe for both his disguise and alien form. I think he aged up very well to a teen. I've been dying to use this long hair I got awhile ago and felt it suited him for his disguise. I know a lot of Simmers don't like long hair on guys, but y'all know I love it. <3

gBiE3SV.png
    Remember the Hermit Cale, Sandy and the boys met? He was in desperate need of a makeover as well. His name is Richard Rockwell. Kept his Hermit clothes for every day and hot weather, but changed all his other outfits. He looks completely different now. I love him! I probably use that beard too much, but it's just SO good! Anyway, probably won't see him much the rest of the year, but oh well. *shrugs*

fQisS7B.png
    Lastly, Essa and Josh's toddler daughters needed to be aged up to teens. I didn't age them up in CAS though, I had Josh bake them a cake and just kept adding candles until they were teens. This is Chelsey Hunter.

FEAPa7d.png
    And here's her sister, Cleo Hunter. I've been using her hairstyle a lot too, but oh well, it's a great hairstyle in my opinion. :) After they were aged up, I gave them both makeovers, new traits, aspirations and wardrobes. They also got one more thing...

2JZN8NM.png
    The girls moved out together into a slight renovation copy of House 03 I built over two years ago for my Drifters. It's a two bedroom with an outside pool/bar and a recreation/gym area in the basement. I changed some of the colors inside, removed the garden and photos hanging on the walls of my Drifter family and remade one bedroom for a child into a teen's room for Cleo. When they moved out, Essa and Josh gave them 1 million simoleans! Lucky teens!

Once they moved in, I also cheated their vampire ranks and perks to give them sun resistance and vampiric run along with a few other perks. I didn't think y'all would be interested in seeing screenshots of the entire build, so just included this overhead view of it. However, if anyone would like to see more, let me know.

I still need to do a bit of updating on a few challenge Sims I haven't touched for awhile. But then, they'll have a party at the Factory. Should be fun!

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @Ellupelluellu
    Ohhh! D'uh, I should've figured that out. Sorry about that, of course you meant the 'real' Greg, the only one Greg that matters, our hunky Grim! hehe

Thanks, I love that screenshot too! Such a bright, sunny beautiful day for a rocket trip eh? ;) hehe Thanks on behalf of Josh! Was wonderful to see Veera again. She always takes my breath away whenever I see her, she's so beautiful! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Hmm, I don't know, maybe their next door neighbors in the penthouse? Perhaps he's wishing they lived there instead or something. hehe

Yep, you tried to warn me. I knew they'd visit a lot, but didn't know it would be SO much! Sheesh! They have a gigantic factory with all the fun stuff three bachelors could ever ask for, but nope, they'd rather spend their free time with their folks. Kind of sweet, but a bit annoying at the same time. o.O Would be nice if we could set the amount of visits! HAHA! Hmm, maybe she was playing that! I wouldn't be surprised. ;) She probably did want him, but sorry Honey, he's very, very taken now. At least she has his daughter to love. :)

I've read here on the forum about that glitch with Sims asking inappropriate things of others they shouldn't be asking of them since the HSY patch update. I hope they get that fixed asap! o.O Yeah, I love the star/cloudgazing feature that came with Outdoor Retreat. Such a great pack in my opinion. Even if it was the first one, I use assets from that pack all the time! I don't think there's a save I haven't used something from it since I won it in a giveaway. :)

Yes six awards handed out is a very good number! It's usually only around 3-4 in my game. Yes, you've mentioned about DJ going to Sulani while he's still young. Great idea! I hope it doesn't rain a lot there. Maybe he'll get lucky! *crosses fingers*

Thanks about the aspiration and yes, who cares if the scores were low, it doesn't matter, he still finished it anyway. ;) Oh it was a pretty safe bet Josh would be there and would win, he's won every single time I've been at GeekCon when he was there too. Every.single.time! O.O Dude is a SuperSim though, so I guess it makes sense. hehe I'm sure Joe would've loved to take the rocket for a ride. I wonder why he and Jacob weren't there. It was during the day though, so maybe they had class or something. hehe

Yay! Congrats to DJ for landing a movie role! And also love to read the wedding is coming up soon! You had to change agencies to get DJ a movie role? Huh, that's strange. Cale didn't have to do that. Which agency was he using before? Just curious. Cale had the Well Suited agency and Essa had G.R.A.N.
    August 18th: Becoming vampires

Today's Accomplishments:
    Vampire Family - Completed
    - Train 3 of your offspring

5dx3ccP.png
    The next morning found our new recruits succumbing to their new vampiric natures one by one.

uIKpxYg.png

I was able to offer them some of my plasma packs to sate their new thirst, but knew they would soon run out and we'd be forced to go hunting again.

p3qQEmX.png

In preparation for this, I sat them all down and explained the basics of sating their thirst, and how to do it with as little damage to other sims as possible.

TaoqXvb.png

I explained to them how we were now in the midst of secret war of sorts, and that they would need to appear to be coldhearted killers for anyone who may be watching, but must truly maintain control of their thirst and actions at all times.

9AflCT8.png

I then showed them the trick I'd learned from Lilith that would allow them to influence a sim to appear like they'd passed out in case they ever needed to look as if they were drinking deeply.

7C5S6pl.png

We did a little one-on-one training together, taking turns as the sun slowly set outside.

XeyJQTb.png

As dusk blanketed the street in deep shadows, we silently filed out and gathered together near a streetlamp.

sS1IQ5h.png

Eric somberly informed us he would hunt first so that they might watch and learn how it was done. Targeting a sim, Eric casually approached and slipped the sim into a trance before she even knew what was happening.

cYOEV3c.png

Dayna got excited and grabbed her own sim before he was even done with his demonstration.

C7nEd5n.png

I appreciated her enthusiasm, but I was going to have to keep a close eye on that one for sure.

The others spread out and successfully hunted down their own sims to drink from.

H7aDLpw.png

I was both proud and disgusted by the whole venture, and suggested we end the night at the nightclub to cut loose and have a little fun.

XuC7EmE.png

Tomorrow the real training would begin.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All! Got back from vacation last night. I didn't have access to a computer while I was away, so will have to catch up with everyone's stories this weekend and then do comments. Working on a new chapter for Dylan that I was working on before I left. If it won't be finished today, it will be up this weekend. Have a great day/night everyone! Missed you all :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2022
    June 15 - In The Middle Of The Night - Part 1

searching-for-morgan-cover.png
    Dylan awoke with a start. He didn't know what time it was, but his head was throbbing and his mouth felt dry. He slowly sat up and looked around. Oh right, he was in Moonwood Mill, at his mother's house.

WOKE-UP-WITH-A-START.png

He sat on the side of the bed for a moment, and then he got his first whiff of the scent.

SITTING-ON-BED.png

He shook his head to clear his mind and he smelled it again. He must still be dreaming. It wasn't possible.

shes-her4e-i-smell-her.png

He stood up and the scent was stronger now, and seemed to draw him outside. Oh my gosh! He did smell it. Vanilla and coffee...Morgan's perfume.

SEARCHING-FOR-MORGAN-IN-HOUSE.png

He opened the door to his bedroom and expected to see her sitting at the table, but there was no-one there. Dylan searched the downstairs bathroom, and then ran up the stairs only to find that the upstairs bedroom and bathroom were empty. There was no-one here.

NO-ONE-IS-OUTSIDE.png

Maybe it was coming from outside...maybe Morgan was sitting on the picnic table with his mother outside. He flung open the front door and still couldn't see her. But he knew she was here somewhere. He smelled her scent in the air as if it was calling to him. He searched outside and she was nowhere to be found. She had to be here...he knew she was here...but where?

morgan-where-are-you.png

Dylan started to run down the road calling her name, "M-O-R-G-A-N! Where are you? M-O-R-G-A-N!"

morgan-where-are-you-morgan.png

In the middle of the night
    You call my name
    I'm yours to tame
    In the middle of the night...whoa...

Dylan ran to the Wildfangs Hangout calling Morgan's name over and over again...

SYLAN-NEAR-THE-WILDFANGS-HANGOUT.png

...then ran towards the Moonwood Mill Library and searched there...

searching-for-morgan.png

Dylan: "M-O-R-G-A-N! M-O-R-G-A-N!" he called. Something inside of him kept telling him that he needed to find her...she was here...somehow she was here....but where...where?"

MOONWOOD-MILL-LIBRARY-SEARCH.png

Dylan stood for a moment listening. He didn't know how he had suddenly developed this keen sense of smell to smell her scent...but he knew...he just knew she was here...

DYLAN-SEARCHES.png

Dylan called again, "M-O-R-G-A-N! M-O-R-G-A-N! Answer me....Morgan!...I'm here...where are you?"

And then he heard the scream...

AND-THEN-HE-HEARD-A-SCREAM.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Song lyrics from the song, "Middle of the Night" by Elley Duhé, 2020.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited August 2022
    August - Day 18: "The ones who say "you can't" and "you won't" are probably the ones scared that "you will."

fSp6rLo.png

Notes
    qzg5oin.png
    Some of my party plans are still in development, so while I wait on a few things to finish them, I gave Cale & Sandy another 'free' day on full autonomy. It's 10 p.m. on a gloomy, rainy night. They have 24 hrs. to do whatever they want. First thing Sandy did was kiss Cale's cheek, followed by a kiss for her from him. Not surprising I guess since they were both still very flirty from their snuggle session in the previous update.

4T4ZDvv.png
    After that, Sandy ran off to do some yoga and Cale went to cheer for his autographed photo of Judith Ward followed by trolling teh forums.

RUejntH.png
    Sandy's still doing yoga, so Cale picked up his guitar to play some tunes.

o90utFt.png
    Watching the fish. Okay, fair enough. I guess that's what one does when they have an aquarium.

csgo5j2.png
    Video games and boxing. Okay, you two are so predictable, but at least you're not drinking glass after glass of water. Must be something else exciting you could do though.

l8KTJ1O.png
    Yep, they found something more exciting. hehe You guys do this all the time though. Ah well...

dNiHDHX.png
    While they were busy in the shower, Jacob stopped by in a very angry mood. He tried to spread a false rumor but Cale wasn't buying it.

b0qRIiw.png
    Now Cale is angry too from hearing some gossip he'd rather not know about from Jacob.

t5h4WTQ.png
    He told Jacob maybe he should go home, or perhaps go to the class he was skipping since he and Sandy were going out.

3anNUsP.png
    o.O Oh man, if looks could kill... Yeah, probably a good thing Cale sent him home. It was fun being a werewolf, but that doesn't mean he wants to risk being one again or risk Sandy. Jacob left, but immediately tried to come over again for a 'Friends Hangout.' Nope, canceled, sorry Dude.

QzsAa9d.png
    I got sick of the rainy weather so cheated for a sunny day for their outing to the Arts Centre. I figured it didn't matter since the weather has nothing to do with any aspirations. He's finished with the aspiration for this month anyway. First thing Cale wanted to do was view this statue. Well, it is an art center. I guess that's one thing most would do there.

3McYjfT.png
    Now here's a happy, familiar face! Hi @permanentrose 's Robin! She wandered over to use the woodworking bench.

3isPaK4.png
    Sandy had picked up a lump of clay and made a Llama! Too bad she can't keep it, it's cute!

08QRoRJ.png
    Cale finally noticed Robin was there and the two had a chat before she left.

z7SnRSH.png
    After she left, Sandy went upstairs to view a painting. Cale followed and grabbed a guitar to play. Your Selfsim was there @afai1261 playing the keyboard. It looked like she was pretty good at it. I had the sound off though and couldn't hear her play.

b6Qw0pw.png
    Cale put down the guitar and went over to view the same painting while she continued to play. Love the lighting in this room!

CHH1DUX.png
    By this time they were both hungry so went out to the community area to get something from a food stall. Unfortunately, all they had was tea & coffee. Cale got an order of pitch black tea and Sandy got some Oolong. Hi Audax! Since they were both still hungry, Cale did a Grand Delisioso spell and conjured a platter or Fish Tacos.

6qMu8D7.png
    Sandy saw Joel watching someone busking with a guitar and walked over to have a chat with him.

LKnh5X4.png
    Or not...instead she scared him! hehe

wcQIFUQ.png
    And then made some funny faces Joel found hilarious. Sheesh, what was in that tea? I'm guessing Oolong makes Sims playful. I have no idea since my Sims rarely ever drink tea.

9nrIvRC.png
    Finished with his tea and meal, Cale walked over to chat with Joel too while Sandy stood between them looking very smug and pleased with herself.

gLiewPy.png
    Cale asked Sandy if she was ready to go back to the apartment since it was getting late. Joel said his goodbyes and walked away.

Ght1IkD.png
    Sandy wanted to finish her tea first before they left. But then she ran off somewhere.

jrhueRz.png
    Oh, well I guess Joel hadn't left after all, he'd started a painting that Sandy wanted to view. Cale joined her. After Joel was finished he finally did leave, but left the painting behind. Cale bought it and took it home with them.

EpqIx6K.png
    When they stepped off the elevator, Agatha Crumpletbottom and Ze Therapist were standing there. It's kind of funny seeing them together since Ze Therapist had called Cale last month to ask him if he should go on a date with Agatha. Maybe they're a couple now? But what are they doing there? Looks like Cale is wondering the same thing. Once I unpaused they both disappeared. Freaky...

A lot more happened during their 24 hour free time, I had over 60 screenshots but had to make some cuts somewhere. Most of it was repetitive, but they did do a few interesting things, or different anyway for having full autonomy. Some of the Sims I saw but weren't shown included; Roxanne Keyes, Chris Roarke, Veera, Essa, Nik, Sr., Maralyn Savant, Samuel Masters, Damon Masters, Cleo Hunter, Josh Hunter, Aaron and Hunter. I didn't show Aaron or Hunter since they have not been updated yet and the others have been seen multiple times already.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top