Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want EA and the Sims 4 to Stop

PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I want EA and the Sims 4 to stop all the changes they are making to the Sims 4. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1 and I no longer recognise this game.

I really want to love the Sims 4 and play for hours but I go on and feel DUH. I never felt this with the Sims 2.

Seriously you need to think what your players really want. Maybe I am old and been playing too long and you think that younger people want something different.

OK, if you think that let it be and I will eventually go. Does the younger generation ever think that the older generation has has a valid point.

Enough said
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I see your point but personally I quite like it.

I agree that I don’t like all of the packs and content, and their marketing sometimes (often for me) misses the mark but I appreciate that they create so much new content and sometimes they release something and I just think YES!

The reason I feel like this is because the Sims 1/2/3 are still there if I want to go back to them. I don’t see 4 as replacing them, it’s just something new instead.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @PrincessrozeeS

Hmm…. stop what?

I can see that you are very passionate but I do not understand what it is that you wish to stop?

Personally I want to throw the sim’s phone under a bus but, so less mandatory tech idle-animations. That it would be easier to play historical saves.

What is it that you do not like?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I want EA and the Sims 4 to stop all the changes they are making to the Sims 4. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1 and I no longer recognise this game.

I really want to love the Sims 4 and play for hours but I go on and feel DUH. I never felt this with the Sims 2.

Seriously you need to think what your players really want. Maybe I am old and been playing too long and you think that younger people want something different.

OK, if you think that let it be and I will eventually go. Does the younger generation ever think that the older generation has has a valid point.

Enough said

Honestly, Sims 4 was never the same as the older versions as EA/Maxis messed with the formula too much by cutting out the features. The gameplay for me while not bad it just too generic and whatever features they tried to put back in appeared to be gimped to the point that Sims 4 will never be as creative as the past versions. I used to be happy to open up Sims 2 and 3 but with 4 I do not share that mood. Only a couple of packs aroused my interest but not to the point where I can play beyond an hour or two. I feel the older generation as myself do have a valid point for being Sims 4 is still connected to the Sims series one does not cut features and just add new features which for me was a failure because it does not connect 2 or 3 to it. This move by EA/Maxis in doing so is not how series evolution is done by cutting all features as it is done by adding new features to the old features and having them work together. Sims 4 for has also turned into an art show more than a game. But to coverup for their mistake they are catering to a new generation and not so much for the older generation for most of the new generation may never played the older versions. Also, EA/Maxis is stuck in the past and afraid to use the newer technology even if the program is 64 bit which should allow for some flexibility and also EA/Maxis ability to tweak what they have come into play for it is lousy at best. I am not waiting for SIms 5 for It may be worser than this version.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2022
    yes, i agree. i feel they have no idea how to make this game into a real sims game
    they have focused on all the wrong stuff like set dressing
    this game is a disrespectful mess of lack lusterless gameplay
    the question is what are they thinking
    i spent too much money for a mobile game marketed as a sim's pc game
    i'm not apart of the toxic positivity
    i'm dissatisfied with my over all purchase

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am very disappointed with these changes as well. I want to play my sims and their families and enjoy it. I have enjoyed playing up until now. Sims shouldn't be so drawn to an object that they cancel the actions you give them to do. I find it very frustrating, but tried to work around it. Now it is getting even worse. This phone obsession will make playing this game frustrating for me, not enjoyable. I won't be able to tell my stories with everyone running around staring at their phones. Is that supposed to be fun? I haven't played because of the bugs, but was actually thinking of trying in case it isn't as bad as I have heard from people on the forum. But I feel like some of the features introduced take away from our control when playing the sims.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes we can always return to the other sims games. I agree that Sims 4 is a different game. Sims 3 was different in ways from Sims 2. I have played them both, but approached them differently in gameplay style and still was able to enjoy them. Sims 4 I had to readjust my expectations and how I play. I have always enjoyed playing Sims 4, up until now. I want to continue to enjoy Sims 4 because there is alot of gameplay I really enjoy playing and don't want to lose that. If there is a way to uninstall the patch I would gladly do it, because it does make the game unplayable for me. Sims has always been about creating a sim and your own story you want to follow with that sim. Sims 4 too! A game that can offer so much should be open to all, without a focus on just one set generation, so all can enjoy and continue to enjoy playing! If a game is met for only one generation, it should be set that way from the start. I have spent a lot of money on this game over the years and want to be able to continue to enjoy it as long as possible. Some of the features that I may not want in my game at least have toggles so I have control over that. The phone obsession was put into base game and affects all sims! I just want the ability to control it. I would probably use it for specific sims, especially teens. But I don't want my gameplay ruined by all of my sims being obsessed. I do still play Sims 2 and 3, but I want to enjoy 4 as well.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I'd love to go back to it, and would like to at times. However, it just becomes more of a convoluted, buggy mess as time goes on. In 2014, you had an empty, cracked shell where each pack was a supposed piece of glue/sticker. In the end, it just caused other areas to wear and tear, causing different cracks. You can argue that no game will please everyone, but I just do not like hearing how each time the game is updated, something breaks. It's like we're watching to see if each release will set a new record for biggest bug/glitch.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Stop...in the name of love? Stop...Hammer Time? Okay I'm showing my age & being a tad cheeky, I'll stop now.

I do know what you're getting at. The Sims for me is an enjoyable, creative escape - emphasis on 'creative'. I want to be able to tell my own stories, with my own characters; I have literally zero interest in playing a simself, and I find it very frustrating when the game attempts to make storyline decisions for me & circumvents my own imagination or my own storytelling ability (case in point, the current state of 'wants and fears').

I still enjoy playing the Sims, but I also don't like some of the direction I'm seeing in terms of game play becoming more controlled than what I'd like.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Their marketing has been so bad for a while if they are targeting teenagers, I can't imagine it's working out to well those voice overs are so cringe marketing seems to be catering to a very niche small group of its players purposely excluding the rest of us.

The game issues no matter what they do will remain as long as they refuse to give content depth, they refuse to include older packs into newer packs and patched in features and continue to tell their story and never give us the tools to tell our own. I don't think I will ever open up Sims 4 and get lost in the game and look at the clock and see its 5 am Sims 4 is just too repetitive to get lost in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Stop...in the name of love? Stop...Hammer Time? Okay I'm showing my age & being a tad cheeky, I'll stop now.

I do know what you're getting at. The Sims for me is an enjoyable, creative escape - emphasis on 'creative'. I want to be able to tell my own stories, with my own characters; I have literally zero interest in playing a simself, and I find it very frustrating when the game attempts to make storyline decisions for me & circumvents my own imagination or my own storytelling ability (case in point, the current state of 'wants and fears').

I still enjoy playing the Sims, but I also don't like some of the direction I'm seeing in terms of game play becoming more controlled than what I'd like.

Yes to this. The new changes to the base game I'm definitely not a fan of. Its getting to the point where if I see a new update, I automatically think "oh no..". It wasn't good when they introduced the bug (or whatever caused it) which caused Sims to automatically age up. Its also equally as irritating that Sims are dying from every single thing now. To the point that a Sim can easily die at least twice in a single save which never used to happen. (The amount of times I've lost progress to get my Sim back is getting beyond irritating.)
    The new phone layout is messy and confusing when it was fine before and didn't need changing. As for the wants and fears well I'm undecided on this. It has changed quite a bit lately and not sure that its for the better. Imo those things didn't need changing.

As for the Sims 4 itself; I am happy to continue playing, just wish that they would stop changing things that interrupt normal gameplay when those things never needed changing to begin with.
  • Reffy2Reffy2 Posts: 18 Member
    > @PrincessrozeeS said:
    > I want EA and the Sims 4 to stop all the changes they are making to the Sims 4. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1 and I no longer recognise this game.
    >
    > I really want to love the Sims 4 and play for hours but I go on and feel DUH. I never felt this with the Sims 2.
    >
    > Seriously you need to think what your players really want. Maybe I am old and been playing too long and you think that younger people want something different.
    >
    > OK, if you think that let it be and I will eventually go. Does the younger generation ever think that the older generation has has a valid point.
    >
    > Enough said

Can you be more specific please?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    They're missing the mark with their Gen Z marketing too - cause some of those kids played earlier games. My kid for one. She likes Sims 4 okay, but in her words "it's not Sims 2". And she's not the only one - my "adopted" daughter feels much the same way, as do other kids from that generation. Like the older generations, they play to play a sandbox game of life, not a directed game. They have mobile games for that.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited August 2022
    Targeting younger demographics isn't necessarily a bad thing. The problem arises when that same group grows up. Take Pokémon for example, when it was starting out it was clearly targeted towards kids but it was made in a way that it would appeal to older audiences as well. However, if you look at newer/ish games like Sun and Moon, there is an obvious hand-holding with an overly long intro/tutorial, the fact that it now tells which moves are effective and which are not, simpler puzzles, and dialogue being repeated despite it having been said a second ago. I hate to use the term, but it's what people would call "dumbing down". In an effort to make everything kid friendly, the developers removed any difficulty, alienating their older audience who at this point don't need everything explained to them. Not to mention that kids aren't as dumb as some people may think. (Side note, there should be an option to skip the tutorials for experienced players, but I digress)

This applies to the Sims as well. Even though it has a T rating, anyone who has played previous games can tell that certain aspects have been removed or "sanitized" for lack of a better word to make it appeal to the younger demographic. But, they will grow up eventually, and what appealed to them then may not be the same now. In a way, the Sims 4, and by extension Sims 3 and even Sims 2, have all been "dumbed down" in some way. It's just especially obvious in Sims 4.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't want the Sims 4 to end there is way to many things that are still missing to be a complete game in my honest opinion.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited August 2022
    even if I went the sims5 not fully ready for sims5 yet sims4 still have some potential and still stuff to be discovered in sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    That's the reason why I started creating different timeline game saves back in 2020, so that I don't feel bored with Sims 4.
    Thank goodness for my unusual imagination. :p;)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm… I welcome being able to set my gay sims as being attracted to males, lesbian sims attracted to women, straight sims attracted to women or men. Mostly I just see who the sims has a good chemistry with, man or woman. Have plenty of gay, lesbian and straight families in my saves.

No, my issue is with the tech-idle-animations and the way the phone interrupts occult sims and gets in the way for historical saves.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I hate Sims 4 and stopped playing it. I want at least Sims 3 back. Problems with lag, ya know. Depth to the game is greater than high graphics.

And yes, someone mute that (GRRRRR!!!) phone! I can't stand playing occults and having so many calls about duels, how to be a vampire, yadda yadda yadda. My poor Sim can't even have friends over without someone calling about something. My Sim actually has a life, and is not overly rich. What should it do, cancel every get together, vacation, restaurant dinner, and cooking for children for a party every night? And if I want to go to a festival, I will go, don't call me about it. The game is too focused on socials with pixelated people.

Okay rant over.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    I see your point but personally I quite like it.

I agree that I don’t like all of the packs and content, and their marketing sometimes (often for me) misses the mark but I appreciate that they create so much new content and sometimes they release something and I just think YES!

The reason I feel like this is because the Sims 1/2/3 are still there if I want to go back to them. I don’t see 4 as replacing them, it’s just something new instead.

What are the competitors? Paralives and….?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Reffy2Reffy2 Posts: 18 Member
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > And yes, someone mute that (GRRRRR!!!) phone! I can't stand playing occults and having so many calls about duels, how to be a vampire, yadda yadda yadda. My poor Sim can't even have friends over without someone calling about something. My Sim actually has a life, and is not overly rich. What should it do, cancel every get together, vacation, restaurant dinner, and cooking for children for a party every night? And if I want to go to a festival, I will go, don't call me about it. The game is too focused on socials with pixelated people.
    >
    > Okay rant over.

"The flee market is in town." (don't care)
    "Let's go to the blablabla festival. (Let's not)
    "Today is .... season." (Today is "not going outside" season)
    "Let's go the comedy club." (Why don't you go by yourself, since you're one big joke)

Please, don't call me every day. I don't call you every day. Can I sell/smash/destroy/delete my phone?
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Reffy2 wrote: »
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > And yes, someone mute that (GRRRRR!!!) phone! I can't stand playing occults and having so many calls about duels, how to be a vampire, yadda yadda yadda. My poor Sim can't even have friends over without someone calling about something. My Sim actually has a life, and is not overly rich. What should it do, cancel every get together, vacation, restaurant dinner, and cooking for children for a party every night? And if I want to go to a festival, I will go, don't call me about it. The game is too focused on socials with pixelated people.
    >
    > Okay rant over.

"The flee market is in town." (don't care)
    "Let's go to the blablabla festival. (Let's not)
    "Today is .... season." (Today is "not going outside" season)
    "Let's go the comedy club." (Why don't you go by yourself, since you're one big joke)

Please, don't call me every day. I don't call you every day. Can I sell/smash/destroy/delete my phone?

Lol! Exactly!