Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited August 2022
    Erik's day at school was rather whacky. First, he wiped out on the Treadmill, who does that? Then he was greeted by his known Fanboy, who busily snapped shots of Erik who was trying to study for Friday's exam, which would be his last one. His birthday was now less than a week away. He could hardly wait. When he got home, he had to grind away at his homework. Erik had scheduled another Meet & Greet over at a very elegant lounge in Tartosa. Erik finished up the homework, and upon giving himself some scrutiny in a mirror, after several classmates 'supported his facial hair'. Indeed, there was some fuzz on his face. Carefully, he commenced shaving for the very first time. Happily, unlike his older brother's first try, Erik managed to keep from nicking himself and avoided the tissue bits all over his face.

When he got to Tartosa, he was greeted by a good-looking fellow dressed in an elegant black tuxedo. Erik assumed this was the Entertainer for tonight. The guy, whose name was Dylan, asked and received an autograph from the Global Superstar. Erik, in turn, asked for the two of them to take a Selfie together. This sent Dylan into an excited frenzy.

The evening came off well. Although somehow Erik got the notion the two were now an item, instead of just friends. So, he cautiously, gently asked that they be just friends. This caused the fellow to chitter in a very strange manner. Erik blurted out, "Are you a mermaid?" He was quickly corrected. "Merman."

Shortly there after the event ended and Erik bade his guest goodnight. It was a very strange day he wouldn't soon forget.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

82805c6e6c1eb7dc3bb1d1c8ed804cba6258496c.png
    My family went to Mt Komorebi for the youth festival and it was so much fun! Older son is hanging out with other kids and dad is dancing in the background.

bbd67decd368305e69141a773704a001b8be23cf.png
    The little heir didn't want to play over in the festival area so she and mom went down to the beach to play in the water.

In the evening the old lady that took care of Torulf when he was young left her tombstone and visited the family. Everyone was zonked out so she cleaned up and spent some time with the family cat. Will remember to go by her grave tomorrow and leave some flowers. Next time I will wake someone up to say hi.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I gave Olivia Kim-Lewis a makeover. In terms of looks, she’s one of my favorite premades. She grows up to be pretty and needs very little tweaking. I’ll use her to further explore the high school pack and eventually start a legacy.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Rose and Ruben finally moved into their farm.

GcN6ThM.png

tjo8h7I.png
    Fourth of July fireworks.
    My Sims were rather busy yesterday. Both Erik and Joey aced their final exams, which means Erik will graduate from high school on the following weekend, since he's set to age up come Wednesday, in game. Prom went well. Erik was crowned Prom Royalty, and Joey was made the Prom Jester. For some odd reason not a single Sim bestowed with this alleged honor is happy about it. Erik immediately proposed to Kayleigh for real. Gave her quite the rock to wear. The next day, he won his fourth Best Song. And that about sums it up …
    zcoFEee.jpg
    K16we0D.jpg
    PuJPWhx.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    Nice shots @GalacticGal. Congrats Eric. Joey does NOT look happy!
    Thank you @NRowe
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2022
    TRtXhRN.png
    Lyndsay telling Leslie about the local urban myth. ''Do you want to try it?'' she asks.
    CxtA1zH.png
    Jasper Prescott. Jasper Prescott. Jasper Prescott.
    COkDcud.png
    What the ....?
    DLLyYwZ.png
    yfcGu70.png
    fra45RJ.png
    r0X6S71.png
    jZVqu0W.png
    The end.
    Post edited by TTNsimmer on
    edited August 2022
    Scenes of domesticity in my game today. Rose looked after the farm, animals and crops, a lot of work.
    Ruben did a school project, not helped by his new acquaintance destroying it during an after school visit. :#
    Rose got her first promotion as a Gardener, and took Ruben to the local park during the weekend. Hopefully get a longer session tomorrow.

While I have been enjoying the HSY experience, so far it's not being very nice to me or my Sims. Erik aged up to YA on Wednesday. The Friday before he aced his exams. I've read that when a Teen Sim ages to YA, they have their graduation ceremonies on the following weekend. Instead of getting that kind of message, I was greeted with the fact that Erik was going to have to explain to his disappointed parents why he Dropped Out of school! And how hard it was going to be for him to find a descent job without a diploma. He could go online and purchase a diploma for the happy amount of 250 Simoleon. :open_mouth: I wasn't at all happy, as you can imagine. But, I had resigned myself to continue playing things out to see if he would, indeed, graduate on the Sunday (as one player suggested that's when graduation takes place). I wasn't given that chance. Erik as some of you may know if you've read my updates, got engaged at what was to be his very last prom. I called it Senior Prom. Kayleigh said yes. So, since he was now a YA, he was able to ask Joey to be his Sim of Honor. Joey was delighted. When Erik turned to ask his Baby Brother, a Child Sim, to be his Ring Bearer, suddenly Erik was Hysterical. I then realized I didn't have everything set in MCCC, as I thought. I hit pause then clicked on the computer in the office to turn off emotional death. I exited the game, as instructed, but when I went back to this save just moments later, it said Erik was dying of Hysteria! :open_mouth:

Really? I mean, sincerely? Again, you're targeting Erik after a Patch! This happened a couple of years back. At that time, not matter how many times I rolled back to avert the death (first time it was his older brother who cracked a lame joke) that set Erik into hysterical laughter, I couldn't prevent the death. He died twice and was on his way to a third death. Happily, another player in the thread I'd created asked if I hadn't made a back up of my save prior to the patch. I had, and once I replaced the save Erik was left to carry on. I may have to do so again.

Needless to say, I did a game save recovery to roll back and see what happens. I decided to give him just a couple of more days in Teen, to get him to Friday and see what happens. I did find, even though it shows he's engaged, that he had no opportunity (no interaction) to ask for an Honor Sim, let alone any of the other roles for the upcoming wedding. If this fails, inasmuch as he doesn't graduate on the weekend, I will substitute the back-up copy for the one I'm using now. I also removed a new mod that allows for the choosing of high school classmates. Just in case this small mod was running interference. We shall soon see.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

The Calhouni house is just an ordinary average house like the rest of the neighbourhood.
    (sarcasm ;) )

The first rocketship is mostly finished on upgrades. The second one in these pics was still under construction, but it is finished now and almost done the first upgrade. I have really been working alot on the interior of the house. It's coming along pretty cool!

7HRkXWT.png

ayK237a.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I was happy to actually play today. I visited a bit with Sergio and Siobhan who are still in the honeymoon stage. Sergio recently inherited his Aunt Cordelia's home in Henford on Bagley. Apparently it came complete with farm animals, and Sergio's not much of a farmer. He hasn't had time to work much on his programming and fears he is in a dead end job. Siobhan has adjusted to country life rather well. If only she could meet the neighbors and get her idea for a new civics (coffee and gossip) club off the ground. The old nursery at Aunt Cordelia's is giving her ideas. That's not going to cause trouble with Sergio at all....
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited August 2022
    Well I resumed my reincarnation, forgot to mention that my reincarnated sims name is Hana, she is momless thanks to the infection in stranger dangervill that killed her, her sister grew up, her dad got paranoid and also got involved with one of his neighbours, turns out she decided to run off on him with another man. Hana had a good childhood, had lots of fun, once she became a teenager, she became bossy and flirty, she tried hit on her best friend but her best friend rejected her since she does not roll that way. High School life was ok, got bullied a lil, no fights, she failed the exam but not high school, she graduated and grew up and decided to give into her sexual urges and decided to work at a Brothel, yes a Brothel, I blame her traits hence why she went that way, so she went to the brothel and did her first shift there, sadly she did not whoohoo anyone, it was storming during her first shift and fate got in her way; thus died to being struck by lightning. Rip, Hana lived to age 20 and died to lightning, end of that reincarnation. LOL! XD

And no I did not use any sus mods when it came to the brothel stuff, you don't need mods for that. lol

Edit: when it comes to lightning; I rolled a 1d6 dice to see if she survives it, chances of surviving lightning is rare so that would be a 1-6 chance of surviving it. : D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
    Well I resumed my reincarnation, forgot to mention that my reincarnated sims name is Hana, she is momless thanks to the infection in stranger dangervill that killed her, her sister grew up, her dad got paranoid and also got involved with one of his neighbours, turns out she decided to run off on him with another man. Hana had a good childhood, had lots of fun, once she became a teenager, she became bossy and flirty, she tried hit on her best friend but her best friend rejected her since she does not roll that way. High School life was ok, got bullied a lil, no fights, she failed the exam but not high school, she graduated and grew up and decided to give into her sexual urges and decided to work at a Brothel, yes a Brothel, I blame her traits hence why she went that way, so she went to the brothel and did her first shift there, sadly she did not whoohoo anyone, it was storming during her first shift and fate got in her way; thus died to being struck by lightning. Rip, Hana lived to age 20 and died to lightning, end of that reincarnation. LOL! XD

And no I did not use any sus mods when it came to the brothel stuff, you don't need mods for that. lol

Edit: when it comes to lightning; I rolled a 1d6 dice to see if she survives it, chances of surviving lightning is rare so that would be a 1-6 chance of surviving it. : D

Interesting so you decided to created a way to have some Sims taken out via death by lightning. Good for you. Bad for your Sim. Sorry your story came to a screeching halt, though.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited August 2022

Interesting so you decided to created a way to have some Sims taken out via death by lightning. Good for you. Bad for your Sim. Sorry your story came to a screeching halt, though.

meh it happens. :P

Edit: I forgot to mention... I wish someone made a mod that makes lightning lethal but will rarely survive it, thus making it more realistic, same goes for food poisoning to rotting food, apply a function to make it lethal but that will be like a 10% chance unlike the lightning part. :P
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
    Mainly I've been working on setting up my game for high school years. Today I picked out a restaurant from the gallery to place in Copperdale. I may try to build an arcade on the empty lot near the pier.

Checked in on Siobhan and Sergio. Those two have great chemistry, but luckily for Sergio, a low fertility rate. Siobhan finally got her new club, Junior Achievers, off to a good start. But I discovered Sergio hates his old roommate. I tried to have them make up, but it wasn't happening. Giving Joaquin an egg from his chickens helped to reduce the animosity some, but I finally sent Sergio out on a jog to reduce the tension. I have no idea what went wrong between the two.
    edited August 2022
    Before using the Weather Control machine
    76jtCaK.png

After! Yay!
    rlEOmJ0.png

Actually had to use it twice. Changed the season from winter to summer, but it was still a blizzard. Doh! So used it again to make it clear skies. :D
    Notice the canal is still frozen. Took awhile for that to thaw out. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Okay, so today, after reading that a new save should solve some issues, I went back to square one. I took the family and uploaded them from that very first Flashback save, aged Brianna to Teen, but kept Adrian as a toddler and Aaron is a YA. I did a game repair and then opened a new save (it's so new it's got its own folder). I placed the Cantrell's first, then I placed a lot for the Golden family. I'm uncertain, but I don't believe I even placed the Golden family into their home, yet. My bad. They are meant to come later. Oh, well. After Drake and Carina Golden came over as the two-Sim Welcome Wagon, Erik stayed upstairs in his Musical Lair and wrote the song, Early Morning Mist on his violin. Later on, they went down to NewCrest where he participated in the Sunday night Karaoke Contest. Carina Golden showed up, so Erik had a chance to meet her. He won the contest with a whopping score of 86/100. The family came back and the thunderstorm is still ongoing.

For some reason Joseph Cantrell, Sr. is totally freaked out by it and is running around the house in a total panic. Erik decided to try to console his father, then Joseph began screaming. Well, that freaked out Erik and so now it appears irrational fear is contagious. LOL I Have given the Teens the rest of summer off. I will let them enjoy Labor Day before they have to trot off to the drudgery of high school the next day. I thought a clean, fresh start was something I needed. Erik hasn't quite earned his first star, but the bar is kissing it.
    I installed a mod that allows up to 18 students, along with Rex's Choose your High School Classmates. I'm hoping the triplets will show up at school, and Erik can meet Kayleigh there, which is my own head canon for these two. So far, they haven't met. :) But, at least I'm no longer all tense about this whole thing.
  • PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    Playing the Kim-Lewis household, I got Eric, Alice and Olivia aged up and sent Olivia right on off to high school after giving her a bit of a makeover since she went from child to teen. Spent a day at the spa relaxing with Mom and Dad before the start of the school year. Got her through a couple days of school and had her make some friends and join the football team.

Here she is taking a selfie with one of her friends while out on the field practicing.
    zmHlEg7.png?1

Next, I had one of my original sims, Shayne Courtney, finish her last semester of college. She's on her way to a good career and making a better life for herself, and she's excited! She's also on her way to love. Davey's absolutely melting over her every word while she's going over her homework. :P
    71CIdNL.png?1

EUREKA!!!
    Oh. You reek? Uh?
    Tamarial is definitely on her way to becoming a successful Scientist. :D:D:D
    qjIUqmW.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited August 2022
    RzlKOrw.png
    This is the upstairs of James Turner's high school build. He left it blank, so this is how I decorated it. I wanted to include a science lab class, art class, computer room, and a place for the chess club to meet. There is some custom content including Hula Zombie's School Spirit Add-ons, Cepzid's Functional Drum set, and a Science Room from Around the Sims. The downstairs is as James built it, but I did add the CL basketball courts (as he suggested) and I replaced the podium in the auditorium with the debate ones from University. I used the same colors, wallpapers, and flooring upstairs as he did downstairs. I love that he built a very functional school as is, but left some space where I could do my own thing.

Edit: Oh, I forgot I added the game-board from the Pufferhead Custom Content Pack to simulate a DnD game going on.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    vf5n3xb.png
    2J7vebv.png
    xqBoVOg.png
    Two Untamed spellcasters, only one winner!
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    I left my game running to just go pee real quick irl and when I got back, the sim I had been playing for only two days was dead! Game over. I was speechless. :#
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    2c06c33c8389d9ef970bef10709d6286a9c73904.png

I am plaing CAS-Batuu at the moment. I get to my computer so late in the evening that I only have time for a little bit of CAS so right now I am creating townies for my new Star Wars-save. This will be my main sim, genius and slob, not sure about the third trait. Looking forward to having actual gameplay sometime soon.
    HomeMama wrote: »
    I left my game running to just go pee real quick irl and when I got back, the sim I had been playing for only two days was dead! Game over. I was speechless. :#

Oh, my. Can you roll back a save, by chance? I always hit the pause button when I need to leave my game. Always. I learned from playing Sims2, that they need us to guide them. One year when Superbowl was growing very near and I was trying to get two groups of Sims through Uni, I also had to get my house clean for that Sunday. (We Hosted the party coming up.) The conflict within me was so great, I decided to do what some other players said they did. I played the group of guys while I cleaned the house. Every now and again I would check in on them. They seemed to be fine. I saved and then set the group of gals to play. I was near my 'office' when I heard the distinct sound of fire crackling. I ran in to find their little kitchen ablaze. One of the twins was lost to the fire! I can't quite recall if I exited without saving, but I may have. It was tragic. Now, I pause. Save, and keep it on pause when I have to leave my desk. For anything.

So sorry for your loss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top