Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little peculiarities of your Sims 3 gameplay

2...Next

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

All my sims must have the Love the outdoors trait.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Simmunity is always the first Lifetime reward that I buy for all my sims.
    That Germy moodlet is just icky :cold_sweat:
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Often, while my Sims are asleep, I’ll navigate over to the gym, turn on the stereo, and jam out to some music. Until NRaas Overwatch shuts it off at 3am, that is.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2022
    In one of my first games, I used to love the animation for when a sim is rudely woken up so I’d direct a sim (room-mate) to go “rudely awaken” the sleeping sim by turning on his stereo and walking out of the room. At least it’s a prank that someone of any age can do. The reaction by the woken up sims were hysterical.

I still wish that young adult and adults could still do the kids and teens pranks. Just because we’re older doesn’t mean we’ve “grown up”. 😝

No, I’m half a century plus two and still haven’t grown up yet. 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    So, there have been a couple times in the past where I would really edit worlds before I go ahead with a game.

A couple times, I've went thru and edited families for certain things, making it easier for the type of game with that world. I remember one game where I had at least 40-50 children from one guy....

On the other hand, now, I tend to try to cut back number of empty house lots and try to lessen the performance load best I can.

But it has been sometime since I have played sims 3 before this week, so yeah...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer - IRL, Me too :D!

Here's another thing I do in game, not for all my sims but mainly for those who have to travel great distances. I put a MP3 player in their inventory and turn it on while they are driving, it gives the illusion of having a radio in the car. I also do this with my long-distance cyclists as well.

Trust me, when you have the 'slow down' car speed mod in your game and your Sim lives on one end of Monte Vista and has to travel to the opposite end for work, having a few tunes playing does seem to make the miles go faster.

I'm gonna download that mod, the cars go way too fast, I like to enjoy the scenery.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I can't stand sloppy jolappys and big lemons, so I go into edit town and give every house hold a decent looking car.XD
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Simmunity is always the first Lifetime reward that I buy for all my sims.
    That Germy moodlet is just icky :cold_sweat:

Same! I don't want to be bothered with SIMS getting sick or allergies. When I play legacy challenges (and no money cheats) I have my founder collect flowers to make money.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm currently playing a save in Isla Paradiso, and most people who've played this world probably know how long it takes to get anywhere in this world.. To get around this I've placed the subway stations from Late Night all around the world in convenient places, so now when I want my sim to go anywhere I just click the nearest subway station to where I want them to go and click "travel here", and then get my sim to go to the lot from there. Makes getting around a lot quicker and easier!
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm currently playing a save in Isla Paradiso, and most people who've played this world probably know how long it takes to get anywhere in this world.. To get around this I've placed the subway stations from Late Night all around the world in convenient places, so now when I want my sim to go anywhere I just click the nearest subway station to where I want them to go and click "travel here", and then get my sim to go to the lot from there. Makes getting around a lot quicker and easier!

I cheat and teleport them in that world. I don't play it often enough.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Creating multiple different outfits in each category is probably nothing new especially when your game is drowning in CC like mine. But my main Sims have different outfits, within the same categories, for different weather conditions. Allow me to illustrate what I mean:

Fitness buff David has two “Athletic” outfits. The first is meant for warm weather or indoor exercise…
    UvIbl8C.jpg

…whereas the second is meant for outdoor exercise in cooler conditions.
    NGCdXg4.png

Both of my guys also have two sets of outerwear. I tend to use the first one in times when it’s chilly but not snowing…
    f7gzzwg.png
    1QfXHpC.png

The second one is “heavier” and meant for snowy days.
    3dOBKeE.png
    WNL1xVK.png
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I play exclusively with occult sims, particularly vampires, and I have a self-imposed "rule" that my vampires can only get plasma from hunting. No plasma fruits from the store and no plasma juice boxes from the fridge. (I'd put plasma bags from the hospitals too, but I never had my vampires raid the hospital to begin with)

I like my vampires being powerful creatures of the night that thirst for blood that they're often described as, rather than domesticated.
    edited July 2022
    @TinySpaceFox - that’s awesome, in the past my old computers ran in CASedit too slow for my liking. When I replace my broken computer, I might actually turn around and start giving my
    Sims multiple outfits. At least then I won’t end up with Haruo going out to play violin in the snow in t-shirt and shorts as he and his RL doppelganger (me) are bound to do. Oh, and I s**k at playing the violin. Believe me, I tried it out in Class Strings in college. It sounded like a cat getting its tail trod on…repeatedly.

(Picture when I find it).

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    I also assign Sims a colour and make sure all their outfits are primarily that colour, as well as things like bedding and so on. It’s rather odd that giving your Sim a favourite colour in CAS doesn’t actually mean anything - they don’t get a positive moodlet if they’re in a room decorated with their favourite colour, for example. Same with their favourite food.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I also assign Sims a colour and make sure all their outfits are primarily that colour, as well as things like bedding and so on. It’s rather odd that giving your Sim a favourite colour in CAS doesn’t actually mean anything - they don’t get a positive moodlet if they’re in a room decorated with their favourite colour, for example. Same with their favourite food.

@Lucy_Henley I have noticed sims do get a positive moodlet when they eat their favorite meal, but it might just be from eating yummy food.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I remembered another one: when I have to decide which meal my sim is going to cook, order at the bistro or learn the recipe for, I will almost always choose a vegetarian option regardless of whether my sim is a vegetarian ( because I am a vegetarian, so these options just sound more delicious to me).
  • Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    All of my sims traits are flirty.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2022
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer - IRL, Me too :D!

Here's another thing I do in game, not for all my sims but mainly for those who have to travel great distances. I put a MP3 player in their inventory and turn it on while they are driving, it gives the illusion of having a radio in the car. I also do this with my long-distance cyclists as well.

Trust me, when you have the 'slow down' car speed mod in your game and your Sim lives on one end of Monte Vista and has to travel to the opposite end for work, having a few tunes playing does seem to make the miles go faster.

I'm gonna download that mod, the cars go way too fast, I like to enjoy the scenery.

Get them the Prius c! OMGosh that is sooooooo slow. My sims have unique cars and usually in their fav colors but I expanded that to include some khaki and other colors that aren't favs.

Unique umbrellas is a thing for my sims too and any geometric patterns with a pattern or lines that run horizontally work awesome.

My sims NEVER have quick meals, EVER. If they get them and I don't catch it, I make them dispose of it.
    Post edited by tallcoolone on
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

One of the other peculiarities of my game is the level of cosmic depravity I can inflict on my Sims.
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    Screenshot-130.jpg
    These meteors are not “by chance”. The Watcher is flinging them with unfettered malice and intent.

By this time my Sims townies are not “in fear”. They’re having a cataleptic seizure due to uncontrollable paranoia.

“OMG…WT EFF IS HE GOING TO DO TO US NOW??!!’”
    Screenshot-148.jpg
    Well, there’s your answer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Mental note: Never give @Nikkei_Simmer your simself. :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Mental note: Never give @Nikkei_Simmer your simself. :mrgreen:

I just clicked the LOL button...in my head. I sure miss that one!
    edited August 2022
    Just the EA made townies… my friends’ (on the forum) simselves have a special rating where they never get 1) meteored, 2) set on fire 3) attacked by bees. They are treated with the utmost of kindness (of course that doesn’t mean they’re immune from Immolating themselves at the workbench or getting struck by a meteor…by chance; not by the Watcher’s hand). Don’t worry, I’m nice to my friends’ simselves. I promise
    12118538.jpg
    You can trust this face, riiiiiiiiiight? 😁

Phil, my friend (in real life) on the other hand…is open season just for the laughs.
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I always have at least one Sim in my Household with the "Love The Outdoors" Trait (In my Rivers' Save, the Sim that have this Trait is Harold, and that is because he is based on an OC that does have this Trait)
    My Sims go to bed early, and for my kids and teens, if they return late from Scouting or Part-Time jobs, they just have dinner instead and when they wake up they can do their homework
    I always have several Sims I have created in various Saves as friends/relatives of the Household I am currently playing as (Lucas Hill and his family must always be in the same Save as the Rivers' Family)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Hmm... I usually always change the premade houses. I don't like the color schemes they go for, so I change it. Idk why, I just do it! I also delete most stereos in the house. I don't want my sims waking others in the middle of the night, by blasting pop music! XD I only let them have stereos unless they listen to classical music. It's not as annoying. XD
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I can never play with multiple adult sims at once in this game, how do people manage it! I always find myself constantly panning back to my other sims to make sure they're doing something or else I end up neglecting one sim completely :D