Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on High School Years

Comments

• Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    @egonVM I can check if they do. I have to go see what damage this patch did to my game (that somehow managed to escape the aging bug). I didn't see any when I was looking at them the other day other than the ones I listed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941386/tutorial-turning-your-sims-into-service-npc-no-mods-required

That's the thread where I found many of the traits. Then I hunted around and added the packs that came after they stopped updating that.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

You can gain romance through Social Bunny even if they aren't interested in your sim's gender. It doesn't help in person though. Savannah is ace.
  • Options
    GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    Did you Know, one of the funniest jokes on social bunny refers to earlier Sims releases?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did You Know?

Maxis moved the Get To Know Interaction under Likes and Dislikes.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Did You Know?

Yes, because I was freaking out looking for it and after going through all the socials 3 times I finally noticed likes and dislikes and clicked on that. I have to say that I do like that they put all of those socials together like that.
  • Options
    Did You Know?

They also moved Ask About Career there as well.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited September 2022
    So then, your sim dropped out or got expelled and now is an adult. What careers are available to them?

This is the list of careers that aren't available to them:
    • Detective
    • Doctor
    • Scientist
    • Astronaut
    • Business
    • Civil Designer
    • Education
    • Engineer
    • Law
    • Salaryperson
    • Tech Guru

And this is the list of careers that are available to them (with both branches available):
    • Actor/Actress
    • Athlete
    • Conservationist
    • Criminal
    • Critic
    • Culinary
    • Entertainer
    • Freelancer
    • Gardener
    • Interior Decorator
    • Military
    • Painter
    • Politician
    • Secret Agent
    • Social Media
    • Style Influencer
    • Writer
    • Every part-time job in game

These sims can still apply to universities. However, they won't get into basic degrees. They can get into distinguished degrees, but if they don't get into any, they can't enroll to university. What's dumb is that even when the sim gets into none of the degrees, it will still be an acceptance letter.
    9t2p374h1rqq.png
    Fun fact: Completing a university degree gives you access to every career, thus you'll no longer need to get that hs degree online!
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    Did You Know?

If your teen prom posals to another teen and they say yes not only do they embrace you they say yessie yessie.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2022
    Did You Know?

I don’t know why they moved things round.

If Likes and Dislikes are now a category does that mean we’re getting more selections in CAS? At the moment there’s still only colour, music and hobbies. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I saw “Get to Know” under friendship today. I don’t use mods or CC.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I saw “Get to Know” under friendship today. I don’t use mods or CC.

It's normally under likes/dislikes.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2022
    Found this out by mistake had put a concession stand on the high school lot near the basketball court. Mostly for looks, but apparently the lunch lady will go and open it after school hours autonomously for awhile.
    yLKaG2s.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Did You Know?

If Likes and Dislikes are now a category does that mean we’re getting more selections in CAS? At the moment there’s still only colour, music and hobbies. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

There's also Décor with DHD and Fashion with HSY.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If the whiteboard gets pranked, it looks like teens can't go to that class until it's cleaned off.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    edited August 2022
    Did you know your Sim can use the ThriftTea shop to buy great Winterfest or Birthday presents for their friends? I didn't really have an interest in the feature as intended but at around Winterfest time I had my legacy founder go to the shop and put together outfits for her three closest friends. When Winterfest came she invited them over and gave each of them their outfits. They all got a thumbs up and it felt more like real gift giving to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Did You Know?

There's also Décor with DHD and Fashion with HSY.

Thanks. I was hoping for more base game additions. I do have HSY so fashion will be good.

Locking additional likes/dislikes to packs is a problem. There’s elements of packs I like but I don’t want the whole thing.

• Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Graduating early allows teens to enroll in and attend university.

Does this mean that other teens (npc's) will attend Uni too? Or will my teen sim be the only teen in the dorms among young adults..? :/
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2022
    If your Sim has acne upon aging up, the pimples will remain upon young adulthood. There is no option to apply facial cleanser or conceal them either. Maybe its a bug though.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    You might get hate messages from your parents on Social Bunny.
    mVsnDQD.jpg
    My Sims mother sent her this message on Social Bunny...I think Social Bunny needs to be fine tuned because the mother and daughter are best friends. :#
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @catloverplayer Personally, I wish I had a Chess Table in RL. Sometimes finding a surface to place the board can be problematic. Especially, if you don't finish the game, quite, before being called to dinner.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TeeSea wrote: »
    You might get hate messages from your parents on Social Bunny.
    mVsnDQD.jpg
    My Sims mother sent her this message on Social Bunny...I think Social Bunny needs to be fine tuned because the mother and daughter are best friends. :#

It’s why I turn off notifications and deactivate Social Bunny on every Sim I play.

It really needs sorting. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I only activate Social Bunny for Teens. Their friends still send rude messages, but since I can't avoid them, I'm choosing to play them as lame, teasing messages that are taken as fun by all involved...a "sick burn" that isn't meant to be mean. I'm hoping the system is somehow tuned so only Mean Sims or those with whom your Sim has a negative relationship.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2022
    It seems it's possible for a Sim to have more than one date to the same Prom.

I accidentally had that happen. My daughter was playing our HSY "test" save while I was doing something around the house. She accepted an invitation from another Sim to go to the Prom. I didn't know she'd made that decision...and the next time I was at the controls, our Sim received the same invitation from another Sim. I said "yes," and only then did I discover Z had already made plans.

"Umm...Dad, he already had a date..." she told me.
    "Now he's got two. I wonder how this will work?"

It seemed fine. Sims arrive at Prom in a tangled pile of bodies, the way they spawn at school each morning, so there doesn't seem to be a sense of "arriving with your date." One of his dates won Prom Royalty. He had time to share a Sweetheart Dance with the other girl, but the timer ran out before he could relieve Her Highness from her Royal duties. Both of them joined the gang for After Prom, and there was no drama. Both girls now have Prom Date listed on their Sim profile pages.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    It seems it's possible for a Sim to have more than one date to the same Prom.

I accidentally had that happen. My daughter was playing our HSY "test" save while I was doing something around the house. She accepted an invitation from another Sim to go to the Prom. I didn't know she'd made that decision...and the next time I was at the controls, our Sim received the same invitation from another Sim. I said "yes," and only then did I discover Z had already made plans.

"Umm...Dad, he already had a date..." she told me.
    "Now he's got two. I wonder how this will work?"

It seemed fine. Sims arrive at Prom in a tangled pile of bodies, the way they spawn at school each morning, so there doesn't seem to be a sense of "arriving with your date." One of his dates won Prom Royalty. He had time to share a Sweetheart Dance with the other girl, but the timer ran out before he could relieve Her Highness from her Royal duties. Both of them joined the gang for After Prom, and there was no drama. Both girls now have Prom Date listed on their Sim profile pages.

Normally this results in the first prom sim that got asked getting jealous. You were lucky.