Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

YA Sim with acne?

My Sim had acne as a teenager and after he aged up to a YA the acne has stayed. Is this a glitch?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    No acne face detail is not locked to lifestage it is available to young adults as well you can remove it in cas if you want it gone
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    It's not the face detail that came with Parenthood, it's the acne system that came with HSY, so you cannot remove it in CAS.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Do you have your sim cleanse their face at least once a day before their day starts? On a side note, I thought I would be done with that stuff when I was a teen, but nope, got hit with a round of it and I'm in my 50s.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    My YA Sim also has acne. There is no option to apply facial cleanser or conceal it either. I havent try removing it with cheats. I do like it though.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    You can turn acne off in game options. It should remove it from your YA sim. Then turn it back on in options and it'll be re-enabled for teens.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    7JYAKd2.png
    Here is my YA Sim with acne.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    I myself am a not-all-that-young adult with acne, so...
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Congrats on getting acne. I've played about 100 days with three different sims and not of them got acne or had any facial hair growth. They did have about 40 phases they went through, though.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Do you have your sim cleanse their face at least once a day before their day starts? On a side note, I thought I would be done with that stuff when I was a teen, but nope, got hit with a round of it and I'm in my 50s.

Try using tepid water when you wash your face. I am 67 and was totally upset whenever I broke out. I happened upon an article online. Seems the water being too warm, shocks the skin. Haven't had a problem with it since.

I do have to say as a Teen my face was a mess. I got married at 19 and was quite delighted when I got up on my wedding day to a clear face! So very happy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    You can turn acne off in game options. It should remove it from your YA sim. Then turn it back on in options and it'll be re-enabled for teens.
    Thanks for posting this. :)
    My teen aged up into a young adult with a face full of acne, I didn't notice it until it was too late and she had alreay aged. It didn't come off in few days and I was sure it would stay there for the rest of her life. I'm going to do this when I play the next time.