Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prom Royalty Chances

So what do I have to do to up the chances of my sim actually winning prom royalty or jester?

I have gone to multiple proms but never seem to win even though he is best friends with everyone in the school. If I vote for people, they will win but I can't seem to get my sim to win no matter what.

I have seen somewhere that it was suggested to bring another sim with you under your control and have them vote but I'd really like to do this without having to have another sim in my household if possible.

Is there anything that I can do to give him a higher chance of winning?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    While you’re there, don’t forget to vote for Prom Royalty and Prom Jester! The voting box is in the auditorium and you can cast your vote for who you want to see win in each category. Unfortunately, you cannot vote for yourself but thanks to our writer, ThatSimsLady, looking at the tuning files for us, we found out that you can increase your odds of winning with high Comedy, Mischief, or Charisma skills. To be in the running for Prom Royalty, you need to have at least level 3 Charisma skill. Higher Charisma skill increases the odds further. To be in the running for Prom Jester, you need at least level 3 Comedy or Mischief skill. Higher Comedy or Mischief skill increases those odds.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/08/12/attending-prom-in-the-sims-4-high-school-years/
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I have a level 10 in charisma so it didn't help me with that. I think he's only level 2 in mischief and 3 in comedy.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Of course if you have multiple sims going to the prom, you can have the other sims vote for the sim you want to become the prom royalty...
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    It seems to be rather random. Several streamers I watched won royalty in the first prom they visited despite not having any skills or even their sim being disliked by most others.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    In my game it depends on the factors mentionned above (mischief and charisma). My mischievous sim always gets voted prom jester while my charismatic sims take turns from prom royalty.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I'm just wondering.... James Turner said, by his experience, that nobody votes except us. So, when we vote, sim we voted for always wins. If we didn't vote, winning sims are random and it could be us. I'm curious if this is true.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    My sim won jester crown although she didn’t crack a single joke or did mischief during the party. She vote for other sim and he didn’t win. My guess is it’s random and probably based on corresponding skills as mentioned above.

Also the prom is ridiculously short and my sim had not enough time to did much of the tasks, not to mention simply having fun at the prom. The whole thing should start at least 2 hours earlier.
    Well I’m going to try it again - my sim is level 10 in charisma, comedy, and mischief and I won’t vote - hopefully he’ll get something - I’ll play later tonight and report my results - thinking positive!
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    My sim is a global superstar, has maxed charisma, and has befriended all the teens. She also has over 2,000 followers on social bunny and yet, she still hasn't won prom royalty. I don't have her vote, and it doesn't matter, she still doesn't win.
    i'm convinced that this is just another in the ever growing list of bugs with this pack so I no longer even attempt to try - it's awful how many issues these last several packs have had and other issues that they have broken from earlier packs. By the time they get around to issuing a fix for it I'm afraid several of us will have just lost hope/interest and given up on it. Sad, because there was a lot in this pack I could have enjoyed but too many issues have prevented it from truly living up to it's potential.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited August 2022
    My Global Superstar has won three times. That's every time he's gone to a prom. Now, his younger brother also attends, generally without a date, but he also votes. I had Erik vote for his brother for Prom Jester. Joey wasn't too fond of the title, but hey, so far nobody in my game seems pleased by it. I've only had two random Sims in my game win. It's always Prom Jester, though.

The moral of this story is GET OUT THE VOTE.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I don't own HSY years so can't test, but I read somewhere that there is a "Claim to be prom royalty" interaction (I believe in the prom social menu) that might raise your chances...
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't own HSY years so can't test, but I read somewhere that there is a "Claim to be prom royalty" interaction (I believe in the prom social menu) that might raise your chances...

I think it all comes down to the vote. I have Teen brothers who attend the Prom together. The elder one has a date, he's also a Global Superstar, Rock Star, but the younger one still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. He's a bonifide Genius (has the Genius Trait) and clumsy, too. But, he's a very loyal brother and I sent him over to vote. The second Prom, I had Erik vote Joey as Prom Jester. They both ended up winning. I've never once had them not vote. Erik has won Prom Royalty three times.

ETA: I didn't fully get the Claim to be Prom Royalty, so I never used it. Seemed way too braggadocios for Erik's character.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Seems like my sims tend to get prom royalty often and had low charistma probably 3 or 4 but I tended to 'claim to be prom royalty' at times to them. Maybe that did it?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If you're playing only one Sim, it might be difficult to get that Sim chosen, but your Sim can vote for their date. Over 5 proms, I've had one of my Sims get chosen for Prom King or Queen every time and Prom Jester twice.
    Miracles do happen - I'm playing with a single sim household and each sim year is 4 weeks. This is the beginning of week 11 in my game and he finally won prom royalty. I didn't vote and did nothing extra as I figured it wouldn't actually happen but he finally won! Too bad it's a horrible thunderstorm outside and everyone stops to run like crazy every couple of minutes. May not get a gold for the prom but at least we got a crown!

w7JztKG.png
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Adeepindigo has a mod called Dynamic Teen Life that makes HSY 100% better.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    My sim went to the prom with a girl ‘as a friend’ but ignored her the whole time they were there and chatted to another girl instead. I voted for the other girl to be prom royalty and she won it. So I guess who you vote for has a big effect regardless of if it’s your date or not.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    That seems right @JustinB113 . So far, when one of my played sims votes for someone, that person wins either royalty or jester.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    So I guess that means if you have room in your household add a teen or two to your household temporarily to vote for your sim if you want royalty or jester…
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    My sim won jester crown although she didn’t crack a single joke or did mischief during the party. She vote for other sim and he didn’t win. My guess is it’s random and probably based on corresponding skills as mentioned above.

Also the prom is ridiculously short and my sim had not enough time to did much of the tasks, not to mention simply having fun at the prom. The whole thing should start at least 2 hours earlier.

This is so true! Prom is like one of those buggy dates that goes too fast to accomplish goals.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't play the teen high school proms because they are boring to me. :(
    However, I so love the Crown & Jester Hats that came with the pack. ;)
    Finally, I can have my Medieval Royal Court look better. :pB)