Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 for a MacBook ?!

MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims (2000)
Is there any place I can buy it??
Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    also before buying I would ask the Mac section here of the game will run on the Mac you have. It is an older game and may not run on newer computers. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mac-discussions
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    also before buying I would ask the Mac section here of the game will run on the Mac you have. It is an older game and may not run on newer computers. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mac-discussions

Thank you so much :) !
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @phoebebebe13 @MingYangYo The OS X/macOS version of The Sims will not work on newer Macs since OS X Lion (10.7) onwards do not support PowerPC applications which The Sims as well as older Sims 2 games are. Some later Sims 2 games and The Sims Stories are Universal while The Sims 3, Medieval, and 4 are Intel only.

Also if you have a new PC, forget about running The Sims on it since the chance of running the game is 0% due to Windows 10 being pre-installed on new computers.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @WinMacSims3 I figured sims 1 might not run on Mac but would prefer a Mac person to answer since I don't have a Mac. My sims 1 ultimate collection won't run on PC for windows 8.1 . I have not checked if there is a Fix. I do have an older XP computer that works which might run the sims 1. I have to test it.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @WinMacSims3 I figured sims 1 might not run on Mac but would prefer a Mac person to answer since I don't have a Mac. My sims 1 ultimate collection won't run on PC for windows 8.1 . I have not checked if there is a Fix. I do have an older XP computer that works which might run the sims 1. I have to test it.

The only fix I think is if you have the Sims complete edition. That all my research that I have done on the subject. It involves changing the launcher on pc version.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Has anyone been successful in running sims 1 on new MacBook ?
  • sf0395sf0395 Posts: 1 New Member
    Any Mac OS X users here? Just starting this past weekend I have been getting a message when I try to load my original Sims 1 Unleashed game saying, "The Sims Unleashed game CD-ROM was not found." I can see the CD on my desktop though, and everything was working fine a few days ago. Any thoughts? I haven't downloaded anything or made changes to the game or computer recently. I'm running Mac OS X v.10.6 (Snow Leopard.)
  • lth0ms0nlth0ms0n Posts: 2 New Member
    > @sf0395 said:
    > Any Mac OS X users here? Just starting this past weekend I have been getting a message when I try to load my original Sims 1 Unleashed game saying, "The Sims Unleashed game CD-ROM was not found." I can see the CD on my desktop though, and everything was working fine a few days ago. Any thoughts? I haven't downloaded anything or made changes to the game or computer recently. I'm running Mac OS X v.10.6 (Snow Leopard.)

I can't see why the disk would not be detected, unless there is a problem with it... If you are running Snow Leopard on an Intel based Mac, the Rosetta emulator is still there and should be able to execute the game, how smoothly I'm not sure...

Curious to see how you get on. I just got a new 16" MacBook Pro and am working on a solution to play TS1 on it, as I'm setting up a YouTube channel with it. I have an idea, I just need some time to get some bits and pieces together to enable me to test it out.
  • lth0ms0nlth0ms0n Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know how you go about changing resolution for The Sims Complete Collection on a PowerPC Mac from 800x600 to 1024x768?

Before anyone posts that this may not run on a Mac now, this is installed on a Mac for which the game was developed and it runs perfectly - there is no game launcher so no option for me to set the resolution before the game starts, hence the question...
  • JMonster973JMonster973 Posts: 1 New Member
    Here is a youtube video with instructions on how to install on a mac. I tried it and it worked very well with a few minor game glitches. Hope this helps! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOy1boR1_Go