Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Favorite Expansion Pack

You are only allowed to pick your top ONE favourite. ;)
Keep in mind, it does not mean the others are "bad" in any way Rather this is which one you personally like the most. Also keep in mind it's not that if you could only have one of the EP's. Rather, your favourite.
If you had to pick one favourite of all of them (for the ones you have), what would it be?
"High School Years" is left out because it's still really new. To be fair. ;)

Feel free to say WHY in the comments. Please keep it based on your ONE choice of favourite also.

Cheers B)
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Your Favorite Expansion Pack 89 votes

Get to Work
6% 6 votes
Get Together
14% 13 votes
City Living
7% 7 votes
Cats & Dogs
8% 8 votes
Seasons
30% 27 votes
Get Famous
2% 2 votes
Island Living
8% 8 votes
Eco Lifestyle
5% 5 votes
Snowy Escape
4% 4 votes
Cottage Living
10% 9 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    I always end up saying seasons cause its what started me actually having fun with the game cause i didn't like always sunny vibes of the game and that was enough to make me not play it

but tbh I am using most of the eps for something thats fun and I can't really choose what is most fun from other packs

its like giving kid all their favourite candy and telling them to pick just one

it depends on what they want at this specific moment doesn't mean other candies are any less favourite
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get Together is my favorite every other expansion pack feels extremely lacking and basic nothing comes close as none of their main features feels complete to me like what Get Together did with clubs well at least till High School and it not working with them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited August 2022
    I actually have 5 favorites for various reasons….
    Get To Work
    Get Together
    City Living
    Island living
    And
    Cottage Living

But, I love the active careers, and wouldn’t want to not be able to have retail, though they really need to revamp retail. Buying clothes from racks instead of just Mannequins. A simple clothing lot trait would be a great thing to add too. Being able to use retail without having to have someone set them up and own them, kind of like Dine Out is. Also, I would like better stuff for a super market…. Bins to buy (all from each pack you have ) produce from and a few things like that.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I actually have 5 favorites for various reasons….
    Get To Work
    Get Together
    City Living
    Island living
    And
    Cottage Living

But, I love the active careers, and wouldn’t want to not be able to have retail, though they really need to revamp retail. Buying clothes from racks instead of just Mannequins. A simple clothing lot trait would be a great thing to add too. Also, I would like better stuff for a super market…. Bins to buy (all from each pack you have ) produce from and a few things like that.

Ok. That's awesome ;)
    Of those, what is your top favourite? I mean most favourite. In that order? So" Get To Work"? :grey_question:

EDIT: What I was trying to make clear, is that this is a vote on most favourite of all. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    edited August 2022
    So i put in my vote for Snowy Escape, its often overlooked and it became my favorite... because i like snow from time to time, and i am an adept of skiing and snowboarding. I used to go Alpine skiing every weekend when i was younger. Its a cool survey ... :smile:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Seasons because this should've been in the Base from day one.
    As for my other favorites that so can't be just one due to the sister packs that go with them, they are:
    Get Together with Cottage Living ;):p<3

• candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't see Discover University in this list, but mine are:

Seasons (should be base game, love the weather and the holidays)
    Discover University (love moving away from home and meeting other Sims, advancing their future careers)
    Get Famous (I enjoy the acting career and the award ceremony, autographs etc)
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2022
    I voted for Cottage Living not because It is my favorite expansion ( I dont really vibe with the farming theme) but because I think it is an example of how an expansion pack should be made. The world is beautifull and full of stuff to do. The gameplay is replayable, not tedious at all and there is a lot of stuff to do If you re into farming. I really like high school too but I understand your decision to leave out because it is still new. I honestly think it is going to be my favourite expansion of all time. Of course, in terms of theme nothing can beat seasons because weather is that basic. That being said I dont think the actual holidays gameplay is that fun. I feel like seasons constanly gets undue credit for the sole reason that people need weather in their game.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Get Together - proper expansion that. Very well done, mostly bug free and lots of lots with some solid gameplay.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I actually have 2 favorites, but OP wanted THE MOST favorite, lol. I chose Eco Lifestyle for the simple reason I thought the ep was a load of cr*p when it was announced, but after playing it, most of my sims will have something to with the gameplay. Most sims either have a juicer, candlemaking table, a fabricator and the recycler. I have made all my community lots recycle places. Needless to say the pack has a great replayability for me...I even like the NAPS.

Second choice would have to be Seasons...who in the world doesn't have weather. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I chose City Living because it adds so much to my game. I love everything about it: the gameplay, the CAS, and the BB items.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Seasons for the reason of it being the actual best pack ever in every sims game that had a seasons expansion. :D
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    It's always Cats & Dogs for me because I just gotta have a dog! But, Cottage Living did have me playing the longest time after it came out. I think it added the most gameplay for me, out of all the packs.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Get Together as it provides Windenburg, my favourite and most used of the 'worlds'. Have recently been experimenting with clubs with good results.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Cottage Living, based on favorite,, if one i use the most, Get Together
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Seasons.
    I put off getting this one for so long because I was convinced I'd have more fun without the hassle of rain and cold and lightening and such but after a while I got bored with only nice sunny days. It made gardening much more fun and challenging with plants growing only during certain seasons (unless sheltered) and producing more limited numbers of fruit and flowers. Some of the holidays are fun too.

Get Together was a close second mainly because of the 'world' of Windenburg.
    The cake is a lie
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I don't have a favourite, I do find I get more value out of some than others and there are a couple of expansions I regret buying, as well as one I resent buying. I feel I need a few expansions in combination together since no pack by itself offers enough.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    They are all kind of boring because it's all just boring real life stuff. I miss getting fantasy themed expansions, I hate that they limit that all to much smaller gamepacks instead.

Most of these things should have been game packs instead, because the ideas tend to be smaller. They waste big expansions on small ideas and try to cram big ideas into small expansions.

There's some exceptions of course, get to work, city living and seasons are some stuff that require a full expansion.

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I chose Cottage Living but Seasons is a particular favourite of mine as well. Probably tied.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    For me it's City Living. I adore San Myshuno, all of the nightlife, the festivals, and the apartments. I'm a city girl and enjoy apartment living and this pack is built around so many things I enjoy. I do wish we could have apartments in any world we wanted but at least we have them in San Myshuno. Get Famous is a close second. Actress is on the short list of things I wish I could have been in real life, so no surprise I have made lots of actress sims.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living was the pack that got me to finally go from playing Sims 3 to Sims 4 after 5 years, the world is stunning, love the items/Polynesian style and I enjoyed playing in it a lot as it's the most "open-world" feeling out of all the Sims 4 worlds (that we'd had at that point). I'd love to go back and experience that pack coming out again
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I think I have to say Cottage Living. It was the first (and probably after recent times the last) expansion pack I had on day of release because I just couldn't wait! I would have said I can't choose, but because of this fact, I'm going with that.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Cottage Living is my fave EP, no question. I love so many things about it, nothing else comes close.

It's funny that so many love Seasons, because I really hated it until I got CL. Now I tolerate it. Even stranger, I loved the seasons in Sims 2. I liked luring people out to the hot tub and letting them be struck by lightning. If they were NP's they'd walk around looking scorched and sooty for days. It was fun when trees got struck and caught fire, too.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It is Seasons because of the impact it had on te game. Well done with that developers
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Eco Lifestyle. I felt like the community spaces and NAPs added a much-needed sense of community for my sims. I'm also a huge fan of the fabrication, candle making, and juice fizzing. I also loved the CAS & B/B. It doesn't "expand" the game quite as much as Get To Work or Get Together, but it's still my favorite.