Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading Recolors....

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
edited August 2022 in CAS Custom Content
A couple of things....first off I am doing the not so berry challenge so today I decided to download some recolors that are going to fit my sims for the challenges for the hairs. I downloaded some that are either broken or didn't download right but they don't show who they are by so I can't figure out which ones to delete?

Also, I did download a bunch of new hairs, colors for the hairs and clothes and now my game is a little glitched. I'm not sure if it's because of that but I'm pretty sure all my mods are up to date. I just have soooooooooooo much now that I don't really feel like having to take all that time to figure out which one is glitched. Any other suggestions? I know CC can be broken and through off the game too right? Like now I tried to have my sims retire and they can't. They don't finish the phone call and it does that weird glitch thing and they stop. Right now, I don't have a whole bunch of mods that aren't already updated so that's why I'm wondering if it could possibly be something I downloaded for CC? I just don't know what to do right now. Kind of frustrating. I do know too that the game is still glitched majorly after the update and release of high school years so yeah any advice? I just don't know if I should just start over with the CC and go from there? I guess that might be what I have to do? But I do know that it could be something I downloaded a long time ago though too right?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited August 2022
    A lot of alpha CC was broken in the patch before the last one. I believe you can fix it in Sims 4Studio. Or check before you download.

With recolors, you must already have the mesh in the game or the recolors won't work. If it's a recolor of something in the game, you're good. But if it's a recolor of someone else's work, you'll have to also download the original to have the mesh.

CC beds were broken in this last patch. You can fix them with a batch fix in Sims4Studio.

A hint: Don't download a bunch of CC without checking whether it works in your game or not. If I download two or three pieces, I check out how it looks in CAS and how it functions in game. I don't like a lot of clipping, so if my Sim's hands are sticking through her skirt, that outfit is deleted. A lot of pieces look very different in game than they do on Tumblr.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    If you need to find the CC to remove it from your game or want to find the original site to check for a mesh simply make a sim with the broken CC and save it. Then you can use the Tray Importer to identify the files. There is also an option that will tell you the original site.

PC Version

Mac Version
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited August 2022
    I do know I have to download or already have the original mesh and I thought I had done that so that’s why I’m confused as to why it didn’t work with some not all
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I do know I have to download or already have the original mesh and I thought I had done that so that’s why I’m confused as to why it didn’t work with some not all

It might just be broken then. I don't have any alpha CC myself, but I think it can be fixed with Sims4Studio. If you look at the broken mods thread for werewolves, there is probably a solution.

If it's CC beds, you can run a batch fix on them. I was able to do that pretty easily and I know nothing about modding.