Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Just Automatically Began Repairing My Game

February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
Origin just updated, and when I went to play (I usually play offline), it wouldn't let me, and next minute my game began repairing.
Once it was done, it still wouldn't let me go offline to play, and it wanted to update to the new patch.
It's now repairing again!
Anyone else have this happen?
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Origin just updated, and when I went to play (I usually play offline), it wouldn't let me, and next minute my game began repairing.
    Once it was done, I couldn't go off line to play, and it wanted to update to the new patch.

Origin is doing the same for me. When I open up it immediately starts repair, although I thought it was updating. For once I want to postpone a sims 4 update indefinitely and now this.

On top of that all my games are just blanc boxes, I can't click on play. I read someone else had this and had to restart their pc but that didn't fix it for me.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Once it was done, I couldn't go off line to play, and it wanted to update to the new patch.

Origin is doing the same for me. When I open up it immediately starts repair, although I thought it was updating. For once I want to postpone a sims 4 update indefinitely and now this.

On top of that all my games are just blanc boxes, I can't click on play. I read someone else had this and had to restart their pc but that didn't fix it for me.

Something like that happened to me a while ago. Somehow some of my game data disappeared, but a repair game and complete restart fixed it.
    I thought that had been due to a AVG Tune Up program I had installed which deleted parts of some files. It hasn't happened since.
    So I don't know what all this is about.
    Not sure if it's actually downloading the new patch, which I also didn't want, or just repairing again.
    This could be a LONG afternoon!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Yes, same thing happened to me.
    I was going to repair because the game wouldn't launch, but it did the repair automatically.
    I didn't want the latest update either but it's done now.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Now I'm spooked to open origin I was gonna finally get back to game :grimace:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Susim62 wrote: »
    Yes, same thing happened to me.
    I was going to repair because the game wouldn't launch, but it did the repair automatically.
    I didn't want the latest update either but it's done now.

Ahh, so it's not just me.
    All's fine now, although I got stuck on a loading screen, so don't know if that's a side effect from the patch I didn't want! *rolls eyes*
    Now I know why everyone's complaining about the changes to the mobile phone. It's not an improvement at all!

MLgj4Vx.png
    Simmingal wrote: »

Let us know how you go!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2022

This happened for me as well, but I had a desktop icon to fall back on. The game ran ok, Origin wasn't trying to update as far as I could tell. It does seem insistent on ramming the EA launcher down my throat though.

EDIT
    Hitting Control+R if you have that screen with blank areas instead of games to click on may work. Alternatively the option is in the "Origin" menu, about halfway down the list. (Reload Page)
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member

Same here. I can't start the game for it always starts repairing again when I switch to online-mode

edited August 2022
    So what is going on, does anyone know?
    I have started and restarted my game tonight, just to see if i have any issues, but it seems to have settled down now.
    Will check my work laptop tomorrow to see if the issue arises there too.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    Have you tried uninstalling Origin and reinstall the newest Version?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited August 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

Let us know how you go!

I survived
    for now at least

i did have the origin update which i accepted

it did that twice which was kinda strange but oh well

i had few seconds of origin showing blank squares instead of games but when i reloaded the page they were all there safely

I did update the patches when those dropped though so that may have spared me actual trouble

aand game seemed to run normally when i went in

hopefully i won't run into trouble later but i shall post if i do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited August 2022
    I have restarted my computer, and the game repaired, and while the game shows up when I click on play nothing happens. I have made a short cut for sims 4 to desktop like others and it still won't launch. please help. I should add I have not updated game and don't want to do so.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    My Origin wasn't working at all for me for a while so I tried the EA App to get into my games. It worked well, so I am keeping it, even though my granson fixed my Origin.
    edited August 2022
    My Origin wasn't working at all for me for a while so I tried the EA App to get into my games. It worked well, so I am keeping it, even though my granson fixed my Origin.

Thank you that might work, but in the app I can't bypass the update. I will be stuck with the last update I have been avoiding due to bugs and glitches with it. Then when the issue with orgin is fixed I will have the patch installed. So if anyone can please find a way for me to play via origin again I would so appreciate it. Thank you again so much maggiemae8135. I will keep this option available if I get desperate enough lol.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,820 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

This happened for me as well, but I had a desktop icon to fall back on. The game ran ok, Origin wasn't trying to update as far as I could tell. It does seem insistent on ramming the EA launcher down my throat though.

EDIT
    Hitting Control+R if you have that screen with blank areas instead of games to click on may work. Alternatively the option is in the "Origin" menu, about halfway down the list. (Reload Page)

THANK YOU !!!!!! :smiley:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
    I just tried to start up origin after installing the new EA app and now origin won't open, because it says it can't connect to the internet grrr. a pop up came up saying this and said I could download the current version of origin and when I downloaded and tried to open got same message can't connect to internet. WTH EA what is going on? Any one have any ideas?
    edited August 2022
    I updated origin on my work laptop. When I signed in, again i didn't get the option to update. It started updating automatically even though I have automatic updates set to off!
    Go figure that one out!
    I have the blank boxes on this computer which others say they've had. My home computer didn't have that.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Jesus Murphy i was in my game, offline... and when i went online to goto the gallery it disapeared ! The game vanished 🤦 i should have save first ! lost about 15 min... but still could have been worse! Godspeed lol
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    Jesus Murphy i was in my game, offline... and when i went online to goto the gallery it disapeared ! The game vanished 🤦 i should have save first ! lost about 15 min... but still could have been worse! Godspeed lol

Such an eventful day! Drama and more drama! I'm in the process of repairing, and it's kind of exciting not knowing whether I will be able to play my game anymore this week, or not... This might become more intense entertainment than the game itself, lol.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited August 2022

Such an eventful day! Drama and more drama! I'm in the process of repairing, and it's kind of exciting not knowing whether I will be able to play my game anymore this week, or not... This might become more intense entertainment than the game itself, lol.

Yup! I just launched the installation of the EA app thingamajig in the same time as repairing my game... and its telling me to shut down origin! I can already see a conflict brewing 🤯
    I'm not even going to attempt to use the EA thing-o until I'm forced to.

Game updated fine on second laptop. And thanks to read here about the reload page in Origin, all my game pictures are back again.
    This is all so traumatic!
    MLgj4Vx.png

How did it vanish? Did it come back?
    MLgj4Vx.png
    This just in; i did what the EA (beta) app told me, i logged off my origin app (after letting it finish the 'repair') and started the EA app, and its just the same as origin... need not say more... 4now; lets say i recommend it. 😏

How did it vanish? Did it come back?

It vanished when i went from playing offline, to going online to goto the gallery ! Poof...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2022
    My game is repaired, but I see no button for Patching, so I assume the game was patched as well (without really asking me). Not sure though.
    Loading game now. Not sure what bugs I should worry about, is there anything particular I should look for, or avoid even? I guess there's something about wants/fears that is easy to locate, if the thing was patched...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg