Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite Sims 4 DLC

It is bc I want to get one of the dlcs. I don't have any. I said I had journey of batoo. (I lied)

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Get Together - rock solid expansion
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Seasons and Get Together have been my all time favorite.
    Use the club system all the time along with my sims going to night clubs often out partying and knocking back nectar and hooking up with other sims. Plus you have the DJ'ing and dancing skill, plus woohoo spots like the closet and bush. And you have the diving platform for pools (since there's still no regular diving board pffft) And the world is so big with so many lots which is always a plus.

Seasons is always a favorite pack across the board I enjoyed in Sims 2 and 3 since it really changes the atmosphere of everything and your sims plans. CAS and Build Buy is just soooooooooooo good. Plus the holidays feel a lot more personal with sims with their family and friends especially Harvestfest and Winterfest.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My favorite is:
    Get Together with Cottage Living
    Island Living with Wedding Stories
    Get To Work with Strangerville & Journey To Batuu
    Vampires with Spooky, Paranormal, Realm of Magic & Werewolves
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    City Living, Werewolves, Vampires, Journey to Batuu, Paranormal, Island Living and Get Famous are my favorites and get the most use. Dream Home Decorator would be on that list if I used the gameplay more. I adore the BB and CAS items that came with it, but I wouldn't recommend getting it just for that at this point. Focus on packs that have the best gameplay and/or worlds, save the BB and CAS goodies for later.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Parenthood. Love the character values and parenting skill.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2022
    Expanding what's already in the basegame:
    Expansion: Seasons
    Gamepack: Parenthood
    Stuffpack: Toddler Stuff
    Best gameplay:
    Expansion: Get together
    Gamepack: Parenthood
    Stuffpack: Tiny Living
    Best Cas:
    Expansion: University
    Gamepack: Wedding Stories
    Best build:
    Expansion: High School
    Gamepack: Dream Home Decorator
    Stuffpack: Tiny Living yet again!
    Best environment (Vibes/World/Theme):
    Gamepack: Wedding Stories
    Stuffpack: I'm gonna go on the safe side and say Tiny Living
    Personal Favorites:
    Expansion: Cats and Dogs
    Gamepack: Dream Home Decorator
    Stuffpack: Toddler Stuff
    BEST OVER ALL: (mentioned most in this list)
    Gamepack: Tie (DHD, MWS, PH)

ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • FirewestgamerFirewestgamer Posts: 30 Member
    Parenthood. Love the character values and parenting skill.
    I heard this one was good
    @simgirl1010
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

If I had to pick just one favourite. Probably "Island Living".

Though "Seasons" is not a top favourite, the game is far more interesting after that with any packs that have a "world". More of a necessity in my opinion.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Admiral8Q thanks
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Cats & Dogs is my favorite. :+1:

I also love Island Living, Cottage Living and Vampires and the worst packs are Eco Lifestyle, My Wedding Disaster Stories and Dream Home Decorator.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2022
    I think Seasons is my favourite. I don't mind Get to Work, but it's got a few bugs that detract from it.

Now, if there was a DLC that allowed you to put the Sims' phones in a blender, microwave or garbage bin, it'd be my favourite, hands down.

EDIT: If you're in the market for DLC, you ought to consider that "build-a-pack" option that is available. You can often get three pieces of DLC for under the price of a single, newer pack.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Absolute favourite : realm of magic

Other packs I couldn't miss : seasons, get together, werewolves, jungle adventure and parenthood
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I think Seasons is my favourite. I don't mind Get to Work, but it's got a few bugs that detract from it.

Now, if there was a DLC that allowed you to put the Sims' phones in a blender, microwave or garbage bin, it'd be my favourite, hands down.

EDIT: If you're in the market for DLC, you ought to consider that "build-a-pack" option that is available. You can often get three pieces of DLC for under the price of a single, newer pack.

@StuffyMarx I'm on Xbox can I do the 3 pack thing
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

@StuffyMarx I'm on Xbox can I do the 3 pack thing

I had a look on the EA site - apparently it's only a PC / Mac thing. Sorry, I didn't realise you were using a console.
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-build-a-bundle/
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    Get Together for Windenburg and the clubs system which really helps tie my games together.

Paranormal because it practically has the content of a game pack and is only a stuff pack. The build items and CAS are lovely. It has seances, haunted lot trait and a career.

City Living for one of the best wooden floors , some of the CAS and the more modern BB plus the cheap and used versions.

Discover University I love for the mini fridge, the wall shower, the CAS because its totally my taste and the teaching career. Plus it has some great UK style build stuff. I like the teaching career too.

Laundry Day and Nifty Knitting because I seem to have the most fun making my sims do boring jobs that I hate in real life.
    Jade47 wrote: »
    Get Together for Windenburg and the clubs system which really helps tie my games together.

Paranormal because it practically has the content of a game pack and is only a stuff pack. The build items and CAS are lovely. It has seances, haunted lot trait and a career.

City Living for one of the best wooden floors , some of the CAS and the more modern BB plus the cheap and used versions.

Discover University I love for the mini fridge, the wall shower, the CAS because its totally my taste and the teaching career. Plus it has some great UK style build stuff. I like the teaching career too.

Laundry Day and Nifty Knitting because I seem to have the most fun making my sims do boring jobs that I hate in real life.

@Jade47 I heard get together was bad tho
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    @Firewestgamer Yeah and I heard Discover University was bad but for me its one of my most useful packs so you can't always go by what other people say. If I believed half the Steam reviews I've read for things, I'd never buy anything. Get Together gives you a big world with plenty of lots and a lot of variation. The CAS and build objects are good. If you don't like the look of it get something else which appeals more.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Get Together is a good choice to improve your community lots. You can make clubs that meet at any <insert lot type> and then when you go there with other sims the club will often be there making the lot seem more alive. Also there are added activities such as the foosball table, dart board and DJ booth so there's more to do on those lots. Even if you never play a club gathering, it adds to the experience of being out in public. Also Windenberg is a nice world with fun premades.

If I could only have one that might be the one.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    I really like a lot of them for different reasons, so it’s quite difficult to choose!

Personal favourite: Vampires (though I really like all the ones that introduce a new occult type).

Currently enjoying Snowy Escape for the new neighbourhoods and Japan-themed CAS and build mode items.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

@Firewestgamer If you have no packs, I would recommend "Seasons" first. It really alters everything.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member

Get Together seems to be the consensus so far. I would agree w that. You need to have club gatherings.

My personal favorite is Snowy Escape no doubt !

..and the idea to take advantage of buying Expansion pack / Game pack / Stuff pack bundle is a good bet.

Snowy Escape / Wedding Stories / Backyard stuff would be my choice if id choose 1 of each.
    (This way you get winter activities as well as a beach)
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
    Right now it look like I should get Seasons EP, Parenthood GP, and Paranormal SP. But what about kits