Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Your Sim Gain Fun and Social While Working and Sleeping?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 2
It's just this one Sim. Nothing special about him. No 2nd aspiration or perks from FT are chosen, either. His aspiration is to have Six Pets reach top of career. Not filling that. He's a scientist high on the ladder rung. What's odd about him is when he goes to work his fun and social fill up.
And when he is sleeping his fun and social fill up. Granted he is married and having a partner next to him may help fill social but it's getting ridiculous for TS2 that this Sim's fun and social fill at work and while he sleeps. Created him to test him in the game to see if he looks like any particular person I was creating (nope he needs more work) but I didn't expect him to have these special abilities. It's getting annoying now.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I'm currently playing the Worthington guy from La Fiesta Tech and running him through all of the careers for the objects. He normally gains needs (food, bladder, fun, social, whatever) while at work. Doing it while sleeping is something that I don't think I've ever seen.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I don't think I've seen that in all my years playing either.

I assume you're using an EA bed?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2022
    No not a Maxis bed but low energy and comfort. 1 comfort, 2 energy. No special bhavs. And as I said it's not happening to his wife sleeping beside him. She's not employed so I'm not sure if she would gain fun and social at work. They have since moved to a new home and still happening. Not even the same bed this time. Weird. And no decor in room that raises fun and social while sleeping like a mood booster flower or something.

Edit: Maybe it's his dreams? Because FT raises enthusiasm during sleep if they think of specific things...but never saw it raise fun and social. But more annoying is the fact he gains fun and social at work.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Might your sim perhaps be a lazy sim? I pretty much never play lazy sims, so I don't even remember all of what they can or cannot do. That's one possibility that crosses my mind.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I know that sims while dreaming if they dream about their hobby, their fun needs go up. I think also some social goes up if they are thinking about a family member or significant other while dreaming. I only know this because one sim became best friends with her mom in her sleep.. lol
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227