Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think is the canon (& your own headcanon) of Goths & Landgraabs' relationship & dynamic?

Personally, I always thought they are arch-nemesis of each other. I think most of us do.
But looking back at the past Sims 3 game, Sunset Valley bio, it seems they are actually working with each other, rather than fighting with each other.
Now I think they are kind of the Yin & Yang of the community, with a good cop & bad cop dynamic.
What do you think? And what will be your own story about them based on this "canon"?

Comments

• Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I spotted in the Sims 4 version that Bella and Geoffrey are co-workers in the Secret Agent branch and RAN WITH IT. I like to think of those two having coffee in the break room and chatting about their families. Bella would be the actual agent on the field doing all the cool stuff and Geoffrey would be the handler managing things for her.

Otherwise, Geoffrey is apart of long-con investigation into the Landgraab household. Mostly out of guilt for his good nature clashing so heavily against what his household stood against. As for the Goths...well, Bella is still very much into Aliens. She's hoping the get the influence to turn the Lounge into a Bar so that Alien Night could be there. Otherwise, she's just staring outside at the stars...
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited August 2022
    I view them as being on opposite sides

Landgraabs want light and modern fancy town
    Goths want dark and gothic fancy town

I don't feel like there is active feud just more like difference in opinions and bit of competition
    although I feel like they do not exactly enjoy each others company because of their differences

aaand yes my personal alignment more often says Landgraabs are evil and Goths are friend

although no one is ever just good or evil
    you can be very evil to someone meanwhile very good to someone else

I also tend to feel like Landgraabs are probably anti occult while Goths are pro occult

but then again I noticed Landgraabs have lots of sea related names
    which is curious so I kinda feel like introducing some mermaids to their life

ooor maybe thats exactly why they don't like occults
    maybe they did have some mermaid trouble before :sweat_smile:

I've also always felt they're like okay with aliens because of the modernity and techy stuff
    like I wouldn't be surprised if they had extraterrestial dealings

there was all that cloning business in into the future after all
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    I feel that the Goth family, specifically Mortimer's ancestors, are very "old money". They have a legacy that goes back hundreds of years and have been around forever. I feel like Mortimer kinda broke tradition by marrying Bella for love - even though she's hot, she's not a trophy wife and my headcanon is that Mortimer comes from a very "proper" family. Bella is obviously smart and spirited, I feel like her looks are more about being a sort of female James Bond. Bella and Mortimer are obviously in love, very Gomez and Morticia Addams.

The Landgraabs, while canonically going back a few generations though the games, are more "new money". They're into new business ventures, they built Foxbury university, they're modern. I think Nancy must have married Geoffrey for love, as he's neither rich nor smoking hot. Maybe he's just a really great guy? I guess she has enough money and looks for both of them (she had plastic surgery, after all). Or maybe she accidentally got pregnant with Johnny and had to marry Geoffrey so it wouldn't cause a scandal.

I like pairing up Cassandra Goth and Malcolm Landgraab in my games to create some tension between the families, but I also had one game where I randomly went to play as the Goths a few days into a new save, and when I looked at Mortimer's relationship panel, he was somehow very in love with Nancy, so that created some drama. (I assume MCCC did that)
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    In my headcanon the conflict is not between Goth and Landgraab, but the crime families: Landgraab, Villareal, sometimes also Feng. The Goths are neutral and therefore coveted allies for either of the other two (or three).
  • Options
    Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I view them as being on opposite sides
    I also tend to feel like Landgraabs are probably anti occult while Goths are pro occult

but then again I noticed Landgraabs have lots of sea related names
    which is curious so I kinda feel like introducing some mermaids to their life

What an interesting insight, I love your take :) !

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,640 Member
    In my current story, Nancy and an adult Malcom Landgraab (along with Vlad Straud) were the leaders of a criminal syndicate, infiltrated and ultimately brought down by Secret Agent Bella Goth (with some help from world famous musician and witch Cassandra Goth). Wow... sounds both cool and cheesy when I say it like that. :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Having no attachment to the backstories from previous Sims Games, but having read them, I go with a different approach.

I actually made Nancy and Bella both spellcasters, with Nancy being envious that Bella is from a family of spellcasters - and therefore finds magic easier than Nancy who doesn't come from that background.

That she and Geoffrey work together doesn't help (though they are strictly platonic)

And now with the HSY pack, this rivalry goes back to High School.