Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    You're quite welcome. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DTM_DerrickDTM_Derrick Posts: 26 Member
    I'm actually in the process of learning the ways around building in Sims 4. I use to be really good at home building in Sims 2/3, but have definitely lost my touch! Haha
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    edited August 2022
    You're quite welcome. :)
    I'm actually in the process of learning the ways around building in Sims 4. I use to be really good at home building in Sims 2/3, but have definitely lost my touch! Haha

Don't beat yourself up. Part may be a rusty you, but I found the learning curve for Build mod in Sims 4 to be steeper than I thought it would be.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    My building skills aren’t that great. Whenever I create a new family, I always have ideas about what jobs I’m going to give them, what their kids will be called etc so I get impatient when building a house from scratch. I’m not much of an architect or interior designer, so my houses don’t look great, but they’re functional so there’s that.
    > @SimmingSwiftie said:
    > @DTM_Derrick Keep building and trying new designs. Practice makes perfect! I'm sure it's a lot better than you think, we always critical of ourselves :)

@SimmingSwiftie Oh very true, thank you! I definitely will. Hope is to eventually fill my Gallery page like the rest of you cool folks B)
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,060 Member
    @GalacticGal @SimmingSwiftie Thank you both! The next part is underway. Will have this up next week.
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > You're quite welcome. :)
    >
    > Don't beat yourself up. Part may be a rusty you, but I found the learning curve for Build mod in Sims 4 to be steeper than I thought it would be.

Totally missed your comment...apologies! Thank you though! Sims 4 build mode definitely has a learning curve to it. Previous versions it felt like you could just pick up and go! I do like the deeper customization options in 4 though, just digging through tutorials is the part I never expected I would be doing haha.
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Brd709 I’m very curious to see where your story is going. Awesome update!

I love how your sims are carrying clay everywhere. :D
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    @mightysprite Your build is fantastic! Where did you get the backdrop for the concert section? Is it cc or in the game, by chance?

Thanks @GalacticGal!
    The three curved glass pieces are the Eurus Shield from Get Together, and the large flying cranes light (or maybe it's a sculpture) is from City Living.
    Thanks @Metior_Ice for the encouragement.

@HermioneSims the servo techie moodlet is great :) the little picture of the servo with happy eyes just cracks me up.

@Lucy_Henley Sorry about the broken computer woes. What you can do to stop updates from happening is just turn internet off for your computer altogether. Origin will start, and will probably prompt you to type in your login and password since it can't check in online. Then you can turn off automatic updates, and then turn internet back on. You can also just leave internet turned off while you're playing and not worry about automatic updates ever happening, but you won't be able to use the gallery.

That’s useful about the internet thing.

I’ll bear all this advice in mind when I’ve got my computer back! Thanks everyone :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    @mightysprite I love your take on the Casbah, it feels more like a modern gallery. Your build is perfect for housing an art gallery because it is art itself.

Aw thanks @DaniRose2143 .
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,791 Member
    @mightysprite You're welcome. You did a fantastic job.

Not much going on today in my game between my worries about the wants and fears issues and the fact that I spent all day yesterday working on the latest installment of my story. Speaking of that story, I've been messing around in CAS and created a couple of new townies to replace some of the less then stellar ones the game spawned. Here's Parker Barrett and Brylee McCann.
    XcwVWwP.png?1gkLtyhJ.png?1

I haven't decided where I'm going to place them for sure. I still haven't settled on what careers I want to give them or if I'll just let NS work it's magic. Brylee is a departure from my usual stick figure, health nut, movie star/supermodel type. I don't have plans to add them to the cast at this point, but Parker is reasonable handsome, and Summer is single. You never know, she might see him and find him attractive enough to pursue, but that's entirely her choice.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    @Metior_Ice and @SimmingSwiftie : It stunk to lose all my progress, but I am enjoying this new save.
    I’m going to check on my game tomorrow, but I had a great trip.

Just got back from my cousin’s wedding in the mountains, and I got to see some wonderful places, including a bit of spelunking before my flight home.

If I wasn’t on the forums; I was with family. It was a very busy weekend!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My new profile picture will tell you what's new in my game. Made my first werewolf. I like how she turned out.
    LHPf6E6.png
    WFJ9ptu.png
    cC3HLmG.png

Who she is and the story of her transformation will come in my next update.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Summerdream: While there are no pointed ears in this version of the family, they still look great.

The Summerdreams do know a number of interesting people like Cassandra Goth who Puck has a crush on and they made good progress.
    08-07-22-4-15-27-PM.png

Or Denki (aka Chargebolt) from My Hero Academia.
    08-07-22-4-19-53-PM.png

And here's Bottom playing chess with real-life singer, Andre 3000.
    08-07-22-4-48-25-PM.png

This is kinda like the song "I Got Some Famous Friends", because here's Puck with Theo Huxtable (The Cosby Show).
    08-07-22-6-04-40-PM.png

Here's the newest member of the family, Caliban, named after the Shakespearean character.
    08-07-22-9-06-35-PM.png

Finally, here is the teacher being crazy.
    08-07-22-9-16-58-PM.png

• SuddenlyMangosSuddenlyMangos Posts: 5 New Member
    Today in my game, Patsy Stone, my fashion-forward style icon, beat up a neighbor for woohooing too loudly, and she won. Yes, queen. SLAY! SLAY THEM LITERALLY.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top