Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Here is another random update

PIFWT9o.jpg

The statue that protects Isla Paradiso was so beautiful during the night.

dTNHY8V.jpg

G23rJnn.jpg

Kiki had always been fascinated by water, every morning she went to the beach and just watched the
    waves, it was why she also moved to the Island to be closer to the water. This little surfer lot was perfect, it had everything they could need and
    was built close to the water.

Szquxgm.jpg

she was a good scuba diver, so she went to explore as often as she could.

JoYXWov.jpg

pqa1gk2.jpg

Not afraid of the sharks circling around her, she respected them
    and tended her own businesses by not swimming closer to them
    She often thought about the man she had met by the pool, but since then she had not seen him.

g0axeJo.jpg

While her roommates watched TV, she chatted with one of the locals asking her
    questions about those mysterious men that had been at the pool. The girl Rei was not sure as she told kiki
    she's a shy person that mostly tends to her own.

udYRB60.jpg

Stephen and Emilio caught the newest football game on TV, apparently, it was not going
    very well.

H7coImO.jpg

Another morning she had ended up by a small island, she decided to use this thing in her inventory again,
    maybe that was the way to meet the mysterious guy once again.

To be continued.

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Astro I love the funny costumes sims show up wearing. A mask and my regular clothes sounds like my style.
    Congrats to Myra on reaching her goals.
    Happy Birthday Calvin! He's a cutie.
    Yes, I did build the sideshow tent. :smiley: Thank you!
    Love the boys becoming friends, especially pranking Leighton.
    Cool that the party was in their sleepwear.
    The new house is lovely!
    Happy Birthday Calvin... I love his deep set eyes.
    I love those little oopsies too. :smiley:

@GraceyManor You are welcome!
    I agree with Harper. I like my modern conveniences so much more than roughing it in the woods.
    I'm glad Harper was nice to Caleb about his worrying about her and asking her to be careful.
    The scenery is very pretty.
    The background mountains remind me of Moonlight Falls. I wonder if the maker used those in the world.
    That was sweet of Caleb to give her the journal.
    The little girl was lucky they showed up. Of course they will let her join.
    Sweet that she and Caleb are getting a little closer.
    Snickering at Caleb's jealousy. :lol:

@PalmArrow Wonderful about Roderick joining the household and sounds like they are very happy.
    I keep meaning to tell you I love the skirt pattern she is wearing. Is that one of yours?
    Glad Janella had time before having to start high school.
    LOL about tossing the bliss at her daughter. Wonder if that would work on a bad mood teen or adult with mid-life crisis. I've never thought to try it until just now.
    Mark is adorable!
    The resort lounge area looks very cozy.
    Thank you for the comment on my new build. :smiley:

@Nikkei_Simmer Haruo looks very chill. Hope your hand is doing better and I'm praying things are looking up for you guys.

@Silverofdreams30 Welcome back. Hope you had a great time.
    Thank you!
    Your new save sounds fun. Kiki is very pretty and of course your fellows are very handsome!
    I hope she meets him again!

@emorrill Thanks for the comments on my pictures. :smiley:
    I was happy I was able to help you with your decision in that part of the story. You did an awesome job with that entire story and loved reading it.

@Brandontaylor Loved the wedding! They look very happy!
    Brandon looked like he was having fun as a DJ.
    I'm sorry about your Aunt's new spot. It's better they figure out what is going on before surgery rather than missing something.
    Thanks for the comment on the pictures and Pete's. :smiley:

@lisasc360 Glad you figured out what it was and where it came from.

@Karritz Good to see it loaded! Sounds busy!

@Luna10 Your story sounds very interesting. Welcome to the thread and happy simming!

Last time I played in Hidden Springs it had been raining heavily and just starting to slow down. I should be cleaning my house, but I popped in game to take a few pictures, because instead of cleaning I'm writing in Mary's story. :grin: The rain has completely let up and the sky is a really awesome blue. I was a bit bummed I didn't get a rainbow. I even reloaded and tried it again. :lol: I love those rainbows. I went ahead and took the pretty picture of one of the waterfalls. I hope to post an update this weekend, but I really should be cleaning. :confounded: I'm going to try a little of both since I'm not out doing visits this weekend. Yaah!
    52267576690_b7d3ac35ec_o.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , the skirt Audrey is wearing is pre-patterned that way, it's one of these three: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-clothing-female/title/printed-long-skirts/id/1177671/

@Silverofdreams30 , love all the pictures from Isla Paradiso! I would be afraid of that shark. :smile:

@Astro , Calvin is a handsome teen!

@PalmArrow Thanks very much! Snagged it. :smiley:
    @bekkasan

Thank you, I had this idea and thought
    why not test it about hehe.

@PalmArrow

A lovely recent update, and thank you

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @bekkasan thank you. It was busy. I had to find a way to incorporate that encounter between Eric and the Werewolves in Moonlight Falls because I had it on video from when I was working though fixing up all the worlds and it surprised me because it happened autonomously. I'm thinking I might try to follow that storyline for Eric's future. I'll have to see how it goes.

Happy Simming
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited August 2022
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Mary: Caleb, what's wrong? You seem rather upset.
    Caleb: I'm not upset, but does he really have to brag about his
    fishing and his shooting, and his everything.
    Mary: Jealousy is not a good color on you.
    Caleb: I am not jealous. Why would I be jealous?!
    He's just very irritating and I'm about to send him packing.
    Mary: I think you are overreacting a bit.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Charity: I can count to ten!
    Teddy: That's very good, young lady.Who taught you how to count
    like that?
    Charity: Miss Wilson, my school teacher!

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Harper was assigned to prepping the meat..She felt rather guilty
    grinding up the deer and bird and apologized multiple times in
    the process.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Harper: Hi Caleb! You feeling any better?
    Caleb: What do you mean? I'm feeling just fine, Harper.
    Harper: You seemed like something was bothering you.
    Caleb: Its nothing, but thank you for your concern.Come
    out and eat with us?
    Harper: Of course.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    Joseph: Caleb, we're running low on supplies, might not have
    enough to last until the flood waters subside.
    Caleb: Someone will need to ride into town and pick up some.
    Harper: I'd be happy to go.
    Caleb: I'm not sending you out there alone Harper, if you're going
    someone will have to go with you.
    Teddy: I'd be happy to accompany the young lady.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Caleb: I think that someone should be me. I'll go with Harper.
    Teddy: Are you sure? I'd hate for ya to have to leave your party
    while you ride to town.
    Caleb: Joseph can look after everyone, it will only be a couple days.
    Teddy: If you insist, then okay.
    Caleb: I insist.

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Harper and Caleb set off for the closest village, which was about
    20 miles from their camp. Their travel proved quite uneventful.
    Harper: Are you sure you're fine leaving everyone back there?
    Caleb: They'll be fine, Joseph will look after them.
    Harper: Teddy was more than happy to help.
    Caleb: I rather not send you with someone we barely know.
    Harper: If that's how you feel...okay then.

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Caleb: Horses won't make it over the bridge, we'll have to hitch them
    to the post and continue on foot.

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Harper and Caleb made their way cross the bridge. Every now
    and then Harper tried to walk on the railing, but Caleb kept pulling
    her down.
    Caleb: Please stop doing that.
    Harper: I'll be fine....
    Harper said as she continued to balance across the railing, her next
    step caught her foot and she stumbled, falling over the bridge and into
    the the river below.
    Caleb: Harper!

Screenshot-30.jpg
    Harper thrashed about in the water, trying to bring herself back up.
    Unfortunately she didn't know how to swim and kept getting pulled
    under by the rapids.
    Harper: Help!
    Caleb: Hang on Harper, I'm coming.
    Caleb didn't hesitate to pull his shirt off and jump into the river
    after Harper.It was a long struggle to reach her, as the rapids kept
    sweeping her down the river, but finally he reached her and pulled
    her to the shore.

Screenshot-31.jpg
    Caleb: Maker...Harper...
    Harper started gasping and coughing trying to gain air.
    Caleb: Here, I'll help you up.

Screenshot-33.jpg
    She immediately threw her arms around him and didn't let go.
    He held her close, until she pulled back.

Screenshot-34.jpg
    Caleb: Harper, are you okay?
    Harper: I think so...you saved me.Thank you.
    Caleb: Of course!
    They stood for a moment, smiling at each other. He gave her
    hand a gentle squeeze.
    Harper: Maybe we should go back...I'm cold!
    Caleb: Yes, let's go back. We can get another time.
    They made their way back toward camp, Halfway through
    Caleb decided he needed a break. He noticed Harper shivering,
    and pulled her close to keep her warm.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Harper: What are you doing?
    Caleb: You're still shivering Harper..You okay?
    Harper: Yes, I'm fine.
    He smiled at her, studying her expressions.

Screenshot-25.jpg
    She finally pulled back from his embrace, still shivering from
    her wet clothes.
    Harper: I'm getting a little tired...maybe we should return to camp?
    Caleb: Of course.
    He gave her a slight nod.

Screenshot-27.jpg

• ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2022
    Page 4382 - 4383

***Getting ready to play soon. Hopefully the baby will be born today, otherwise it'll have to wait until next week.

@ButterWafflesAR Did not know that could happen, lol
    Congrats to Camillo and Lindsey!
    Awesome wedding!
    Great update!

Thanks so much. It was new to me too. I'm just happy Lindsey found someone who truly loves her. :smiley: Sorry for the late reply. Internet has been a bit testy lately with the storm we had for a couple or so days.
    Post edited by ButterWafflesAR on
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @ButterWafflesAR
    When you quote someone it tags every person in that post lol.
    to respond to an individual person you just do @ symbol next to their name like @graceymanor
    (I didn't know that for the longest time, and I kept tagging multiple people lol)
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    I said earlier that I was going to overhaul the earliest sims and house, Here are some current screenshots (actually there are more but I didn't take screenshots)

Shuangjian and Jiangxue. In some way Shuangjian is looks fierce than Yin.
    vMCIZ8.jpg
    And I gave Yin a more "hardcore" makeup.

I gave the "refined degenerate" Xiyan a more bright hair color and a slightly more sad expression.
    vMCqRs.jpg

Wuren, I.. I...🥵🥵🥵
    vMCvLV.jpg
    All Sinister Sins members have higher color recognition! Wuren - red, Tianya - purple, Vincent - black, Xiwu - blue, Yutang - b&w. This band are still no normal people, either personality or life state.
    Tianya still has the feeling of Fu Hongxue, except that he is still not jet black. BTW when I read the original book, I always imagined Fu Hongxue's appearance as a typical goth
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Emily4331: Happy Belated Birthday.

@all: Thanks for letting me read/comment on your pictures/videos/stories. :)
    :) Smile!

edited August 2022
    @GraceyManor I knew about how to tag specific people, but I didn't know about the quoting a comment that had more than one person tagged in it would count as me tagging them. My bad. :( Sorry about that everyone!! I only quoted brandontaylor, because I responded to them a little late. Sorry again. Give me a second and I will fix that. Thanks for notifying me, Gracey. :) No doubt I would have done it again. :D
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Puddinroy Thank you! :3

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Hungry For Your Touch

Chief Garrard and Elias arrive just as Bekka and Layla are finishing their breakfast. “Damien walked around to the back. He said he would come inside in a few minutes.”
    52229454399_6f3f3e18c7_o.jpg

Rain is falling as Damien hurries to Mary's memorial. He feels closer to Mary here than anywhere else. He desperately needs to "speak" to her. He barely notices the rain as it begins to fall heavier. The wilting flowers around Mary’s marker perk up as they soak in the much needed waters.
    52229454519_05131638d8_o.jpg

https://youtu.be/IYj2hex99gY
    (A/N This is a live version of this song, done by the original singer. It is a hauntingly beautiful song and I was determined to use it at some point in this story. It has been done many times, by many artists but I love this version. I thought this was the perfect place to add the song. Enjoy)

Damien stops in front of the marker and calls out to his love. "Mary, Mary, my dearest Mary. I’ve missed you so very much. I'm back home after my undercover op. I’m satisfied we found what is needed to help Daniel and Daisy. That will have to wait though. We have something else to complete first.”

Damien reaches out and gently touches the memorial as if he is touching Mary. He closes his eyes, seeking her soul. His soul reaching out to hers in desperate need.

“You will be with me soon. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms. My soul hungers for yours. I need you...here...with me. I’m not whole without you, Mary. Please, I hope you understand what I am about to tell you. You must know what we are up against.” His voice chokes up as he says those words. He pauses, taking a deep breath, and then another, before continuing to speak with Mary.

“We apparently have another trial to bear. The demon Apophis still wants you, and plans to steal you away from me. It will not get you!" His voice is now in control and he says those words forcefully. "We will prevent him with the help of our magical friends. I heartily thank the Fates…your sisters Mary! Do you remember them? They gave us plenty of warning through Layla. They love you and miss you as well. All this time, they have carefully protected you as best they could. Keeping you safe from the demon. They cannot help us once you are back in this realm. We are preparing though. I know you want to be with me as much as I want you with me. I pray you can hear me, so you will be prepared when Lee awakens you. Be strong, my precious love. We must all be strong. Our love and our loved ones will stop him.”
    52229188913_108b8fd9b7_o.jpg

Mary blinks, startled and opens her eyes. She hears Damien calling her name. She can't see him and looks around frantically, trying to move. She can barely move. "Damien! Damien!", she cries out, but only in her mind. She can't move yet, but she can see. She's in an blasted coffin! Curse the Fates, a coffin! She struggles to move, but her body lies still as death. She tries desperately to let him know she can hear him. "Damien! I'm here. Damien! Well, I'm not entirely sure where but I can hear you my love."
    Her body is imprisoned, but her mind has been awakened by his pleas. She doesn't think he can hear her calling him. She listens carefully to what he says.
    52269084893_fe004bd08a_o.jpg

Listening to Damien, frozen tears sting her cheeks as they flow from her eyes. "All I want is to spend my life with you, my dearest Damien. Is that too much to hope for? Is that too much to ask of the Fates? No, I won't give up and let this demon have me. I will be with you Damien. I love you Damien. My love, I hear you!" With great effort, she manages to send her love out into the world to Damien. She focuses on Damien's soul praying that he will understand that she did hear him.
    52269065726_8c3c864d8f_o.jpg

Damien steps back letting go of the memorial. As he is turning, he stops. A strange sensation, a flutter nudging him, entering his mind. He knows without a doubt that Mary heard him. Mary tells him she will be with him soon and won't give up. She loves him and will stay strong. His heart is relieved and overjoyed to hear her voice again. He knows she understands what they will be facing. He smiles with joy as the bond between their souls strengthens once again. He will not allow the demon to break their bond. He is beginning to understand just how strong the soulmate bond is. He whispers, "rest Mary, soon you will be with me."
    Mary closes her eyes and resumes her rest.
    52268443180_5c650013cc_o.jpg
    52268443140_b4e2a81171_o.jpg
    52269169568_9af53f235c_o.jpg

Lee and Jamie arrive outdoors just in time to overhear Damien’s words to Mary. Jamie turns to Lee as they wait for Damien. “ I agree with Damien. The secret to defeating this demon is love. Apophis is the embodiment of all that is truly evil and destructive in this world. Casting destructive spells will only empower him further. Please make sure the Council witches are aware of that fact. They should only use protection magic and spells that are in the light or holy realm and absolutely no dark magic.”
    52229454454_6a947155bb_o.jpg
    @bekkasan thid was a beautifully written update! Well done! I was actually crying for Mary and Damien.🥰 talk about pulling on some heart strings
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @bekkasan it's nice to see Mary's story is still going. I am gradually catching up. I like to start at the beginning. Happy Simming
    edited August 2022
    Going to share a little update. Didn't get much done past week. I've been a little preoccupied with working on a blanket I'm making for a relative.

Unfortunately, Wyatt and Floyd passed away, leaving Anastasia on their own. Since Floyd and Wyatt spent a lot of time in my garden, I moved their tombs or memorials to the garden. Anastasia hasn't left the garden since. It still makes me tear up. Anastasias to the far left of the second picture. I've grown so attached to these gnomes. :'(
    bpcTltk.jpg

c8YTKWm.jpg

Lindsey and Camillo had a little baby girl. (Named her Meadow. Mikezumi gave me the idea for the name. It's a sort of a long-ish short story.) Here is Camillo rushing to the hospital. He was out doing sing-a-grams for people when Lindsey went into labor. I told him to rush home and take her to the hospital, but he thought the fastest way to get home would be to run. :|
    Me: Quick, Camillo. Run home and take your wife to the hospital.
    Camillo starts running.
    Me: I didn't mean literally!!
    qUV6CdI.jpg

Camillo holding his baby girl for the very first time.
    x1czfPE.jpg

Since Lindsey finished her lifetime wish and has maxed out her cooking and gardening skills, I decided to get her into painting, violin sketching and horseback riding. Meet Schokolade. She's a mixed breed, but she looks like she might be mixed with Arabian. Hard to tell with sims 3 horses.
    I2o1rin.jpg

Lakia and Schokolade became best friends really fast.
    zOAG4nN.jpg

Meadow had her first birthday. This just happen today.
    rj2BPcZ.jpg

This image makes me smile. Camillo playing with Meadow, Lindsey smiling thinking about how lucky she is.
    RigEbuJ.jpg

What is it with my sims giving the crazy eyes...
    nVS8j8u.jpg

This is totally normal, right?
    lOFMkzX.jpg

Gino fanboying over Camillo.
    n34RCIe.jpg

@bekkasan That is a beautiful update. :'(

BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sorry for not showing up for some days again now.. I had lot of work to do, and I didn't have much energy to play the game, come up with story lines and etc.. we always get a little "understaffed" during the summer months when others go on vacation, and a couple of other things that came on top of that (such as one person quitting, etc.).

Starting to read from August 1st posts.

@bekkasan Yeah, I figured about sim handiness skills not translating to real life.. what I thought was only a minor problem, and what was only a minor problem, still had me dumbfounded. ;) I always knew I wasn't very handy, but... when given the choice of being without a working shower, or a working toilet, I would probably still choose to be without a working shower, because you know.. not having the opportunity to obtain the desired level of personal hygiene isn't cool, but not being able to take a (...) when you need it is probably worse! (And there's always the option of a sponge bath in the kitchen sink or repeatedly brushing my teeth three times in a row, because that helps.... ) What I'm trying to say here is, I hope you got your toilet fixed! ;)

Hopefully during this week I will have the next update about Deepak and the strange doctor ready... :P

Nice update at the end too from "Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story". I mean this in a good way, but to me that one reads very much like a fairy tale!

@PalmArrow
    I was trying to decide which interaction to do to make their friendship bar high enough for her to invite him to join the household. But the two of them made that decision for me, and started to dance to music from the gramophone.

That is the best way I think (when sims decide for themselves), and it is really cute too. ;)

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm not that well versed in classical music, but I do sometimes listen to it, however.. mostly because I'm looking for that one connection between classical music and the broad umbrella term of "heavy metal" music (my often times preferred genre) that I see people claim exists, but hmm.. or maybe it's just because I want to impress other people by appearing more sophisticated then I really am.. :P

And then there's always Beethoven's 5th symphony.. everybody knows that one, it's the "Dun dun dun dun..... dun dun dun dun.." ;)

@Astro Hahaha, maybe I should play with the stylist career sometime. I didn't know 'revenge outfit' was a thing! :P And I can see where she's going with that outfit, given the lack of pants....

@emorrill Thank you very much for the comment. ;)

@Brandontaylor Nice wedding scene. Christa is looking sweet as always. Also, I like the design of those wedding chairs. :P

Oh... they do have a band, and it's a generational band. That's pretty cool. :P Thanks for the comment. ;)

@GraceyManor Whoa, that is a stunning looking praire world.

@Emily4331 Happy belated birthday. ;)

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

@GraceyManor I'm glad Caleb didn't want her to go off with just Teddy. He is still too new to the group to really know if he is honorable.
    Dag, such a silly girl. Of course she fell!
    Brave Caleb! He didn't even yell at her which she definitely deserved! :grin: He is a gentleman! I love nice guys...but I love bad boys with good hearts too. :grin:
    Thank you for letting me know that it did pull your heart strings. That means so much to me. :heart:

@Astro I love the bowling alley! Looks like loads of fun for your sims. Bummer about the death. Kinda puts a damper on teenage fun. :open_mouth: Calvin is so handsome!
    I used a pose to place her in that coffin, and then with the pose player add on (you must have the original pose player in game too) you can change facial expressions, so I picked the sad one. The first facial expression was the surprised one. The last picture with eyes closed was a different pose as I wanted her eyes closed and that wasn't an option with the add on.
    The tears are cc and placed from make up.
    Congrats on the new baby. I love the name Lilly.

@Puddinroy Hey!

@Karritz It is a hard story to walk into the middle of. So much has happened and still to come. :smiley:

@ButterWafflesAR Condolences on the gnomes! :cry: My sims live epic lives and I hate that the gnomes do not. They go so fast it seems. I wish someone would mod a longer life for them.
    I love your memorial garden for them. I make an area in the yard for their statues.
    Congrats on the baby girl. Beautiful name!
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the update. :smiley::heart:

@Sprottenham Yes, I would pick the toilet over the shower too. I love my modern conveniences.
    Thank you, I do love happy endings as a hopeless romantic it is almost an imperative. I do understand what you meant about fairy tale. :smiley: But, have you ever read some fairy tales? I got a book of them when my son was born. OMG...some of those are quite horrid! :flushed: Needless to say, I became a little picky about reading them to him at that young age. :grin: I need to dig out that book which I'm sure I saved and let my son have it for his kiddo's. :lol:
    I'm looking forward to the update.

I was taking pictures for my next update (not written yet) and the game brought in a new gal at the greenhouse to run the register. I had to applaud the game for its use of that Katy Perry hair which I would not pick. I would not have thought of it to be honest. I actually usually blacklist that SP hair and clothes, but must not have in my Mary folder. It is actually cute on her as the greenhouse register person. Sometimes the game does a good job. :grin:
    52267353799_258c2fd688_o.jpg
    @bekkasan

will check your recent update soon, comments later in your
    own corner.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top