Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• craig_manorcraig_manor Posts: 16 New Member
    > @puzzlezaddict said:
    > @craig_manor First, open the cheats console (crtl-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes. Shift-click on a sim you want to save and select Edit in Create a Sim. Once there, click on the three dots over the sim's portrait and then the folder icon to save the sim as a CAS template. You can age a sim down if you want as well. Click the X to exit out of CAS without making any changes; this doesn't cancel the fact that you saved the sim, it just keeps any changes you made from applying to the sim in your current save. Repeat for any other sims you'd like to use, then disable the cheat (testingcheatsenabled false) when you're done.
    >
    > The sims saved this way will each have a file in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims, if you want to preserve them.
    >
    > Go into Create a Household, click the UI button that shows six sim silhouettes, and click the snowflake icon to display only custom sims. This will display any sims you've saved or downloaded, so you can bring up each sim you saved and reassemble the household. You may need to reselect the traits for each sim, but everything else should be preserved.

Doesn't this just do the same thing as copying a household to the bin though?

Wouldn't it save the sim in the state that they're currently in, with all of the skills, lifetime rewards, etc that they've accumulated?

I have a copy of this household in the bin, but it's a copy of the state they're in after playing with them for hours and hours.

I would like to be able to revert them and save them to the state they were in after character creation. Basically, blank slate, with only their appearance retained. I just want to be able to replay the household from scratch.

The only thing I can think to do is to create them as new sims and try to match their appearance exactly, but I think it would take forever and a load of trial and error since I don't know what their appearance settings are.
  • Maria1Maria1 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey so this is my first post in this forum because it is my first time coming across a major problem on sims 3. so sorry if it is in the wrong place. So I am doing the 100 baby challenge. My female sim has the fertility treatment lifetime award. She has had 12 children very easily (always in first or second try). she also seems extremely fertile having a set of triplets, and 4 sets of twins. (with the help of the lifetime award and listening to kids music constantly. (only one single baby because the household only had one opening). She was about to age up to an elder (it was her birthday) when I gave her an age freeze potion. The age freeze potion successfully kept her as an adult and the days until aging up bar still says never... I then went on to have the last baby with minimal issues. However... she has now tried over 20 times in two different locations with Argus brown, a werewolf (it shouldn't matter that he is occult because 4 of her other baby daddies were either witches, vampires, or fairies). She tried in the bed, and the all in the one bathroom multiple times. They go through the process like normal but the chime never plays. I also checked with cheats on and I can still edit the female sim in CAS. so she is def not pregnant. idk what to do. The town is moonlight falls, and we are trying for a baby on my home lot if that makes any difference. there also is 2 open spots in my household. is my female sim never going to be able to have a baby because she if technically frozen on her birthday turning into a elder?? I could have sworn she had at least 1 baby since then!! idk please help!! any suggestions welcome
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @maria1 Are you using any mods, and can your sim get pregnant if you remove them? I'm not suggesting playing without mods going forward, only that this would be a useful test; you don't need to save your progress. I'd also like to know which mods you use—there might be an easy mod-enabled way around this issue.

Under normal circumstances, a sim can't get pregnant on her birthday, but the option to Try For Baby doesn't even show up. It's possible the game is somewhat confused about her age and whether she's supposed to be able to get pregnant. The other question is whether there are any other pregnant sims or pets in the household, because of course they'd take up slots as well.
    @puzzlezaddict No mods!! no pets or other pregnant sims either. I decided to "edit" her in CAS. I didn't change anything but I was curious if this would help as it would technically reset her age to beginning of adulthood, thinking maybe this would cause the game to not be confused on her age. The age bar in simology now is no longer filled in at all from adult to elder. the days until aging still says never :). however I had her just try over 5 times with him again. this time I also even tried in the hot tub. still nothing... so I did more research... could it be because he is in werewolf form?? that seems like a common glitch and he always is when he comes over.... so next question is how do I get him out of werewolf form when he's not in my household....??
    SHES PREGGERS!! turns out the issue was that he was in werewolf form. I had to switch active households temporarily to switch him to human form then they got pregnant first try lmao
  • ChrisCrunch21ChrisCrunch21 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi. I'm not sure if anyone has this issue before. So if this has already been solved, my apologies.

I had downloaded a few cc objects and clothes from thesimsresource last night. They appeared in my Sims 3 launcher just fine, but when I went to install them, nothing happened. The button wouldn't work. No error message or anything. I resorted to uninstalling and re-installing the launcher. Mind you, I am working on a MacBook so the process may look different for Windows users.

Here's what I did.
    BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!! ** Move your sims 3 folder to the desktop. User/Documents/ElectronicArts
    -Next, I moved the Sims 3 app to trash.
    -Then, log onto your Orgin account and re-download your game and any expansions you had installed. I installed the base game first and then my expansion packs. It might prevent you from getting stuck on "finalizing" for longer than you'd like.
    -Once my game is installed, play a new game. I usually just use Sunset Valley and a one-person household. This won't matter, as you won't need this save after. Once you've gotten into game with an active household, MAKE SURE TO SAVE.*** This will form a new Sims 3 folder where the old one used to be. Save and Quit.
    -Then, move your saved games, cc downloads, mods and saved sims into the new corresponding folders from the old Sims 3 folder you put on your desktop. For mods, just put the mods folder in the new Sims 3 folder.
    -Re-open the launcher and you should see all your downloaded cc. This has solved the install button issue for me, so all I had to do is re-install my cc.
    And when I opened my game, all my saves were intact. Even if I uninstalled and reinstalled my EPs. So if you're worried about lost gameplay, that's why it's so important to move that old Sims 3 folder to your desktop so everything can be put back once you've reinstalled the launcher.
    ***Have Fun!!!*** 😀

I know it's a pain in the butt, but I was greatly rewarded when my game was right where I left off with my cc intact. So I hope it turns out the same for you. I just hope someone having the same issue sees this post and is spared hours of googling. And if anyone can post the process for Windows users, that would be helpful too. Though I think the process is mostly the same except the location and type of program the launcher is. Hope this post finds other simmers well. 🙂
  • ChrisCrunch21ChrisCrunch21 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @ChrisCrunch21 said:
    > Hi. I'm not sure if anyone has this issue before. So if this has already been solved, my apologies.
    >
    > I had downloaded a few cc objects and clothes from thesimsresource last night. They appeared in my Sims 3 launcher just fine, but when I went to install them, nothing happened. The button wouldn't work. No error message or anything. I resorted to uninstalling and re-installing the launcher. Mind you, I am working on a MacBook so the process may look different for Windows users.
    >
    > Here's what I did.
    > BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!! ** Move your sims 3 folder to the desktop. User/Documents/ElectronicArts
    > -Next, I moved the Sims 3 app to trash.
    > -Then, log onto your Orgin account and re-download your game and any expansions you had installed. I installed the base game first and then my expansion packs. It might prevent you from getting stuck on "finalizing" for longer than you'd like.
    > -Once my game is installed, play a new game. I usually just use Sunset Valley and a one-person household. This won't matter, as you won't need this save after. Once you've gotten into game with an active household, MAKE SURE TO SAVE.*** This will form a new Sims 3 folder where the old one used to be. Save and Quit.
    > -Then, move your saved games, cc downloads, mods and saved sims into the new corresponding folders from the old Sims 3 folder you put on your desktop. For mods, just put the mods folder in the new Sims 3 folder.
    > -Re-open the launcher and you should see all your downloaded cc. This has solved the install button issue for me, so all I had to do is re-install my cc.
    > And when I opened my game, all my saves were intact. Even if I uninstalled and reinstalled my EPs. So if you're worried about lost gameplay, that's why it's so important to move that old Sims 3 folder to your desktop so everything can be put back once you've reinstalled the launcher.
    > ***Have Fun!!!*** 😀
    >
    > I know it's a pain in the butt, but I was greatly rewarded when my game was right where I left off with my cc intact. So I hope it turns out the same for you. I just hope someone having the same issue sees this post and is spared hours of googling. And if anyone can post the process for Windows users, that would be helpful too. Though I think the process is mostly the same except the location and type of program the launcher is. Hope this post finds other simmers well. 🙂

Another thing you can try before resorting to this is opening the game through Origin. Instead of opening the game through your exe/app, open Origin and find the game in your list and open it through the play button. That has worked for me too.
    Hello again. Having a strange issue.

Festival objects on my festival grounds are invisible! I'm playing on the custom Saffron Bay world from My Sim Realty.

In Build Mode, a lot of objects on the lot are transparent. Clicking on them to move them makes them fully visible.

But the festival stalls and attractions are completely invisible. The weird thing is, the sims can interact with them. The vendors even show up, but their stalls are missing.

What's going on and how do I fix? Thanks again.

Oh, and btw. @puzzlezaddict 's answer to my last inquiry was spot on!
  • LydiaaLydiaa Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! This is my first time posting on these forums as I've never really had an issue I couldn't sort out myself with advice left on here and other sites for similar issues. I just can't seem to fix this one though! (I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered!) So I recently factory reset my laptop because it became pretty slow, reinstalled windows 11 and everything I remembered having and needing before the reset. Did this with guidance from Windows Support Team so I wouldn't mess anything up. Now, every other time I press play from the launcher, I get the "Device 0 cannot run this title. No supported video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware." error. It wouldn't surprise me if something was missing etc because the laptop is still not playing ball half the time. But I've done all I can do myself and can't find anything - any suggestions would be much appreciated! If there's any info that you need, let me know and I'll post it asap. Thank you!
    Aaaaand another issue. My household is living in an apartment and roommates keep showing up.

Problem is, the Roommate Services does not appear under Real Estate and Travel Services, so I can't set the max number of roommates.
    > @craig_manor said:
    > Aaaaand another issue. My household is living in an apartment and roommates keep showing up.
    >
    > Problem is, the Roommate Services does not appear under Real Estate and Travel Services, so I can't set the max number of roommates.

Well the solution to this is to switch the lot from an apartment lot to a standard residential lot.
    @craig_manor When in build mode on a Seasons festival lot, the objects that are present in all seasons are transparent, and the ones that are fully visible are only present for the particular season you're working on. You can change the season being displayed by clicking the seasonal lot marker, which is a sort of silver ball hovering over the lot.

For the invisible items, try replacing them in Build or Buy mode, or if there are too many, replacing the lot itself. You can start a new save in the same world and save the festival lot to the bin, then place it in your current save.

For the roommate issue, the underlying concept is that the "residental-apartment" designation is for dorms in the University world, and the game will always add roommates, up to eight sims in total, to lots with this designation. As you've discovered, the fix is to change the lot type to something else. If you ever do get stuck with roommates that won't go away, or the change in the lot type doesn't stick, change it to some sort of community lot first, then back to "residential-regular."

@Lydiaa Please run a dxdiag: hit Windows key-R, enter "dxdiag" without quotes, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop. From there, upload it to the filesharing site of your choice (the free version of pastebin.com is fine) and link it here. You may need to break up the link with a space or two in order to be able to post it.
  • Picard643Picard643 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi! I am not new but in fact veeerrrry old :)
    Recently got a new laptop which unfortunately has Windows 11 (grr).
    Can anyone help re: for default download and game data Origin places the Sims files where the computer tells it to and doesn't seem to give a choice to put it somewhere different.
    More info: The default e.g. Documents folder says it's on C:/ but when you dig deeper it's actually stored on OneDrive.
    I refuse to pay Microsoft for storage space I don't want when I have a perfectly good laptop I'm happy to store stuff on - does anyone know if there's a way to tell origin to download and run game files from C:\Users\USER\Documents instead of from C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents ?
    @Picard643 The issue is that Windows has designated the OneDrive folder as the default location for Documents. So you'll need to tell Windows where you want Documents stored. This guide was written for Windows 10, but it should work fine in 11:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

Once you've moved the default location of Documents, everything else should follow.
    > @puzzlezaddict said:
    > @craig_manor When in build mode on a Seasons festival lot, the objects that are present in all seasons are transparent, and the ones that are fully visible are only present for the particular season you're working on. You can change the season being displayed by clicking the seasonal lot marker, which is a sort of silver ball hovering over the lot.

Wow. Two dozen web searches and three tutorials later and I now have a comprehensive understanding of how Festival Lots work...

> For the invisible items, try replacing them in Build or Buy mode, or if there are too many, replacing the lot itself. You can start a new save in the same world and save the festival lot to the bin, then place it in your current save.

Great. Now all I need to know is where on earth are the seasonal festival lot objects (concession stands, kissing booth, snowball/water balloon fight, haunted house, face painting, etc.) found? I've only been able to find the hot dog and pie eating contest troughs in the buydebug menu.

I guess whoever made Saffron Bay just never set up the world's festival lots to work with Seasons.

Oh. And thanks again for all your help @puzzlezaddict :smile:
    > @craig_manor said:
    >Great. Now all I need to know is where on earth are the seasonal festival lot objects (concession stands, kissing booth, snowball/water balloon fight, haunted house, face painting, etc.) found? I've only been able to find the hot dog and pie eating contest troughs in the buydebug menu.

I sorted by Seasons and found em.
  • Cosmic_Quartz13Cosmic_Quartz13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently installed TS3 and it won't boot up past the launcher. When I press play, I get a black screen with a white box, that I can't click out of or close (except by restarting my computer). I've tried reinstalling origin, deleting cache files, removing all CC and mods, and flat out uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. Please help me get back to playing my game. Taking it out of fullscreen gives me an unresponsive box with a permanent loading icon
  • abnormallyabnormally Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello sims community, recently I decided to dive back into the Sims 3 after taking a break for some years. I have the game as well as some expansions installed on origin so I went ahead and tried to start playing today. After updating my graphic and cpu settings so they were compatible with the game I went ahead and launched the game only to be stuck on the startup loading screen with the bar not moving at all, even after 5 minutes it didn't budge. I made sure to follow a tutorial when I was updating my settings so I am almost positive that isn't the issue. (This is the youtube tutorial I watched just in case you need to know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-uBFKOen-4&t=1171s) Basically, I am wondering how I can fix this issue so I am able to load into the game and start a new save. I appreciate any help and am happy to offer any assistance if you require it such as pc specs, etc.
  • Silverlinings64Silverlinings64 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve been having this same problem for weeks now, with nothing being able to resolve it. I started getting error code 12, every time I went to save my game. We decided to make my computer more sustainable for sims, where it’s such a big game to have on a regular computer. Got everything done and switched over and saves files found, now it’s giving error code 16. I’ve tried everything; deleted everyone’s memories & disabled them going forward, tried moving the sims onto a bigger drive, but it’s hard coated to the C drive so that’s a no go. I do have cc and mods on my game, but I’ve never had this issue before til now. I read somewhere it could be my graphics card maybe? Or resetting story progression perhaps? It’s typically done with families at 4gb or over, but my family and neighborhood is only 1.64gb so I couldn’t imagine it’d be that reason, but at this point I don’t know.
    I have 18gb free on my C drive, so getting a bigger C drive could potentially help, but I’ve read where people have 500gb free of space and it still gave them this message.
    Any help is appreciated! :)
  • caramelzip5caramelzip5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I've been scouring the internet for someone with a solution for my problem but haven't found anything so I thought I'd make an account to post myself.

I'm having an issue with my sims' bosses getting removed and it's messing with their work performances. I have a few mods, including:
    Nraas Story Progression
    Master controller
    MC cheats addon
    Overwatch
    Errortrap

And, my most recent addition: AwesomeMod

I only got the mod to fix the Pudding Face of my town so everything is disabled in the configuration excpet that. I'm pretty sure I've done all the configuration right so it doesn't conflict with my SP and I haven't had any other issues but this problem only started happening since getting AM so I'm guessing something's happened there??

In my current household I had some adults already with jobs, and their bosses were removed (the sims still existed, but they were no longer listed as co-workers or bosses, though they retained their professions). I tried foxing this problem with the MC Cheats option to "choose boss", which worked and assigned the "boss" status to a sim of my choosing. However, whenever I would click away from my sim's relationship panel and come back, the assignment would be undone and the sim would no longer be the boss.

I figured maybe it was an issue with my sims having existing careers when I got AwesomeMod, so I let it be. Now I have my sims' four children as yougn adults, and two of them now have jobs too (Culinary and Criminal). They both had bosses which I was really happy about and thought the problem was isolated to their parents, until my sim in the culinary profession has progressed to level 3 where he now has a "boss" requirement for his job. All of a sudden his boss (Leo) is no longer his boss and he just has his two other coworkers listed. Again I've tried the MC cheat, but the same is happening again. My other sim in the criminal career still has her boss, but she doesn't need to have a relationship with him to get a promotion, so I really don't know what's going on.

Something is overriding my "choose boss" command and I don't know what it is or how to fix it.

At the end of the day, I can use cheats to promote my sims and it's not causing any other problems, but it's annoying and I would like to know how to fix it or at the very least what's causing it. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!
  • RedStarrRedStarr Posts: 1 New Member
    So I started a new game with a teen and adult Sim. I sent the Sim to Champs Les Sims to buy the basics for nectar making, explore some tombs, and come back 3 days later. She had no interactions with the locals besides what was required for the adventures. Fast forward to her becoming an adult, I had her move out, she was still dating her high school love, and then I had her go back to Champs Les Sims the next day. When she gets there her last name changed to Lambert and a notification saying she has a naughty reputation popped up. When I checked her contacts list it showed she was now married to some old guy for 64 days now and had a teenage son that looked just like her! I immediately had her divorce the old guy but now the son always shows up in the family tree. I feel bad that now there's some kid out there without a mom, but she was just a teen the previous day! I do have nraas, master controller, and the woohooer mods installed but this has never happened before. Is this a common issue? How do I remove the son from my family tree?
  • indefiniteindefinite Posts: 1 New Member
    Obviously Sims 3 is very buggy, no surprise there, but usually I've encountered the same bugs happening on every save. This, however, I've never encountered before: the kissing booth attendants have clones? I just kept seeing the same two sims getting unroutable errors from Nraas and thought I should take a look.. the clones of the kissing booth attendants' clones are both waiting to get to the booth even though there already is one: themselves! It's quite funny, but I'm a bit worried if it's safe to just delete the clones or something. By the way, the clones both have the kissing booth attendant role - so there's basically four attendants instead of just two. Funny, but confusing to the spring festival visitors I bet
  • MouseSimMouseSim Posts: 1 New Member
    Issue 1: I currently have 2 members of my household stuck in the future. When I try to travel back home, the game either crashes to desktop with no warning or gets stuck on the load screen so long that I have to close the game via the control panel (45+ mins of waiting was enough i thought). I had a LOT of inventory stuff, so I thought maybe it was that causing the issue... I went ahead and sold everything from my inventory except the collections butterfly thingy from the reward, and the big magnet. I narrowed it down to an item being stuck in my inventory maybe? I can't move, use or otherwise interact with the item. It is a raw gem. I cannot use a gem cutter for it either. I googled and saw I could try resetting the sim = no difference. I have restarted the game = no difference. I have tried to edit the town, but I cannot seem to evict them as another online tip suggested. I really am lost for ideas here. I've invested a lot of time into this household, with several skill lines mastered and a bunch of plants growing on my lot at home (which I can't get to now).

Issue 2; I bought Isla Paradiso and made a new household there, but whenever I am there, the game just freezes for 5 sec, every 10 sec. It is unbearable.

I don't know how to use mods, so I have not done that... Any help would be appreciated to get the 2 issues fixed.
  • PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    Hey guys, sorry to clutter up the technical forums with gameplay questions haha. I'm playing with lots of nraas mods and I'm wondering about settings that add new occult offspring to normal sim parents? I'm playing Dragon Valley and I don't want to just turn all the existing sims into occults but I want any new sims born to be occults to slowly add them into the world, are there any options that would let me do that?
    Thanks!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
  • gfgfdgfgfd Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello how to delete the water tank from the world ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top