Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying Packs Just for Worlds and Disabling Gameplay Possible?

I don't play supernatural anything--so I'm short 3 worlds, but am considering the packs to expand my sims' worlds? For those that own the game is it possible to avoid werewolves, wolves, and witch/warlock spellcasters like the bust the dust it disables that weird dustbunny gameplay but still let's you have the vacuums? Thanks in advance for your help!

Vamps pack
Spells pack
Wolves pack <--main pack I'm seriously considering for the world, but would be keen on the others as well.

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If you go to the vampire world you will meet vampires.

If you go to the spellcaster world I believe that you will meet spellcasters.

If you go to the werewolf world you will meet werewolves.

Hmm… I don’t think that it will be possible for your regular sims to live in these worlds without running into the locals. Also, I believe that the game will spawn a few vampires, spellcasters and werewolves.

I mod my game to get as much occult stuff as possible, hope someone knows how it it works when you try to avoid the occult stuff rather than embracing it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't think so, not without using mods to control spawning of occults.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited July 2022
    Not possible because with these packs installed game will randomize occult townies to your worlds regardless of how many you delete

if you say lived in forgotten hollow game would spawn more randomized sims that are vampires as well

and there is no way to disable randomized townies
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    Honestly, you don't need to disable spellcasters at all. They don't use magic or do anything magical unless you prompt them to. They're pretty much indistinguishable from regular sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Thank you. Are there any mods that you're aware of that are available now?
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    You have to use MCCC to do it. I think it's under MC_Occult. You can basically delete all of the occult NPCs and then use MCCC to prevent further occult spawn.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

Thank you. Are there any mods that you're aware of that are available now?

These are by TwistedMexi:
    Werewolf Toggle
    Mermaid Toggle
    Strangerville Story Toggle by TwistedMexi
    Vampire Toggle

But I do not know any similar mod for Spellcasters from RoM
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good topic ty all for the info. The only supernatural 'world' i have is Sulani and other than NPCs (which i often delete lol) i dont meet alot of Mermaids ! Maybe i'll get 'get to work' now that i finished renovating Copperdale. Not sure about mcc im not good enough w mods i had trouble with career and traits mods so im not sure about wanting to learn it...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    You have to use MCCC to do it. I think it's under MC_Occult. You can basically delete all of the occult NPCs and then use MCCC to prevent further occult spawn.

I always wondered about that. I also use MCCC (mind you not to its fullest, I'm certain). But I never touched that setting because I don't have Occults in my game, either. I would dearly love some of the buy/built stuff, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    So far I haven’t really had much problem with occults. I have the goths in Forgotten Hollow and they have never been bothered. In my main game in Sulani I can’t even tell who the mermaids are. Although i haven’t been bothered much by Vampires, I just usually keep my doors locked. I have one sim in San Myshuno that has been bitten a couple of times, ( early on ) and I got locked in a bar for an hour or two because of vampires and that’s about it. You can’t tell who the spell caster are either like someone else mentioned.

Over all I have gotten much use out of all the stuff the in the packs without playing them. And I’m rarely bothered by occults.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    If it helps you make a decision I only got the vampires pack last month and I have never seen Vlad appear on my doorstep. I saw him once in a Windenburg nightclub but he was just this old guy dancing. You can also right click on the door and forbid vampires. If you read about them or talk to other sims about them, the most that might happen is Caleb visiting but he'll knock on your door and just be friendly. Basically the vampire visits got nerfed anyway because people who dislike occults complained a lot. Forgotten Hollow isn't worth it for the world unless you really love the aesthetic.

Realm of Magic has hideous builds you'll want to immediately bulldoze. So 5 free lots in a hilly, forested location that kind of works for anywhere. Spellcasters don't cast spells on random sims and behave and mostly dress normally. Not an invasive dlc at all and the portal to the magic realm is kind of out of the way.

No idea about werewolves since I don't own it but I do know theres an option in settings to keep them in their own world.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't play supernatural anything--so I'm short 3 worlds, but am considering the packs to expand my sims' worlds? For those that own the game is it possible to avoid werewolves, wolves, and witch/warlock spellcasters like the bust the dust it disables that weird dustbunny gameplay but still let's you have the vacuums? Thanks in advance for your help!

Vamps pack
    Spells pack
    Wolves pack <--main pack I'm seriously considering for the world, but would be keen on the others as well.

I basically bought the Werewolf pack for the world I think its gorgeous. The other 2 I like my sim to be a spellcaster and vampires I could careless about. I just let them be .
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Jade47 wrote: »
    If it helps you make a decision I only got the vampires pack last month and I have never seen Vlad appear on my doorstep. I saw him once in a Windenburg nightclub but he was just this old guy dancing. You can also right click on the door and forbid vampires. If you read about them or talk to other sims about them, the most that might happen is Caleb visiting but he'll knock on your door and just be friendly. Basically the vampire visits got nerfed anyway because people who dislike occults complained a lot. Forgotten Hollow isn't worth it for the world unless you really love the aesthetic.

Realm of Magic has hideous builds you'll want to immediately bulldoze. So 5 free lots in a hilly, forested location that kind of works for anywhere. Spellcasters don't cast spells on random sims and behave and mostly dress normally. Not an invasive dlc at all and the portal to the magic realm is kind of out of the way.

No idea about werewolves since I don't own it but I do know theres an option in settings to keep them in their own world.
    Vlad shows up or Caleb or Lilith at your doorstep. Vlad actually sometimes will break in and drink from your sim.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited August 2022
    Jade47 wrote: »
    @pepperjax1230 Has never ever happened for me. Guess he doesn't like my sims necks.

If you make a garlic piece for your wall I don't think they will show up. But yes Vlad can break in and drink from your sims. Like I was playing tonight and Caleb showed up at my sims doorstep. :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    I would recommend downloading mods like littlemssam “my little neighborhood” and download little neighborhood sets from the gallery
    Why waste any money on packs just for the world
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    I have used MCCC to turn off aliens after getting Get to Work and so far I have not run into a single alien even though I'm playing a scientist. There is also a setting to humanise spawned sims who aren't human that I have yet to need to use.

Personally I'd love a toggle on and off for all occults, preferably by save as I might get the fancy to play one save with occults and another without and that should be up to me. I also wish you could limit them to specific worlds like you can werewolves. I'd like my mermaids to stay in Sulani, thank you very much.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,999 Member
    None of the 3 main premade vamps have the power to bypass a locked door, at least in my games, but then the installation stops at DU.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    There are ways to keep most Vampires out, and kid of ignore most cults.
    For all occult, or Sims in general, you can keep them out by locking the doors to them. Vlad or another Vampire can show up, but with the locked door they can't come. Avoid books on Vampires, because that gets their attention too.
    With the Spell casters, they really don't do anything, unless you create of Spell caster. They will sometimes challenge the spell caster sim. I have a lot of spell casters, and I am forcing them to use magic for everything.
    Mermaids are pretty much contained, and may make a Dolphin noise, but once again you kind of have to force them to kid of show themselves. They will reveal themselves by swimming, but will deny it.
    Aliens are pretty hidden, and they do have a meet up at bars, but as long as you avoid them, you should be fine.
    Werewolves are newer, but I think some stay in their world, unless you become a werewolf, or make them leave the area.
    The worst I had with the occult is that they appear as townies or NPCs.
    However, I do seek out the occult, and most of my Sims are members of the occult, but I do have some Sims that I am keeping normal so I avoid the occults for them.