Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've never played TS2 or TS3 but watched a few videos lately and have to say that even though both games are uglier than TS4, the gameplay seems much better and more creative.

TS2 was the best in my mind. I played TS3, but the game required about 20+ NRaas mods, by Twallen, to make it playable. I play on a gaming rig, too. And yeah, TS3 pulls a lot of power from the computer. When I got TS4 and realized the Sims were better, more like those in Sims2, I uninstalled TS3, to make more than enough room for this latest iteration. Yes, that gameplay (TS2) was wild and funny and so very worth it. I keep hoping more of that game will be imported into TS4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    And here's another one, about dates.

I know that if my Sim asks another Sim for a date, I get a list of objectives to achieve in order to make the date a success.

Suppose another Sim asks mine out. Will they behave as if they have an objective list of their own--socializing with my Sim a certain number of times, using certain romantic interactions--or will my Sim need to take the lead in order to ensure a successful, fun date? Since the other Sim initiated the activity, I feel like playing it cool and getting a feel for what they have in mind, rather than queuing up a bunch of interactions like I might if my Sim had planned the date.

Since this has already happened in my game in the past, my Sim either accepts the date request or not. If they accept, I've discovered it's just a timer, no goals to complete. Sometimes, my Sim arrives and the Sim who invited them out is there, but not for long. It's totally weird and so not worth my time. I do hope this aspect has been more fleshed out, if they're offering it anew.

Yeah, I had this happen recently. We went to a strange place in another world, and my date just walked away and disappeared. Real sketchy if you ask me. Just glad my Sim made it home alive 🤣
  • SimplySebastienSimplySebastien Posts: 14 New Member
    So, I have a personal sims 4 save I am making. But if I want Strangerville to represent Strangetown from TS2 and willow creek to represent Pleasantview from TS2, then how should I do it. I really like how Strangetown is in TS2. But Pleasantview is a whole other story. The Goth family in TS2 feels like Cassandra’s generation and I really do enjoy the Bella and Mortimer generation more. I would like it if my Pleasantview reimagine was a few years before TS2 (such as having the teens from Pleasantview be kids and Cassandra being a teen). But then that would mean making the Strangetown townies younger as well, but I don’t really want to do that. And I already have plans for the Caliente and Lothario households. If we had pre-teens in TS4 my problem would be solve, but alas we do not. But how could I make this work keeping both towns on the same timeline, earlier in time or not.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    That's a problem? That looks more like setup for a werewolf party to me @Vanilicious :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 134 Member
    I had noticed that my Sims are always cold when they are in their house. I didn't know why and they always walked around with their cold weather outfits on indoors, which I wasn't a fan of. A few days ago, I was playing and noticed there is a thermostat that can heat the house up in the winter. I had just discovered that after playing this game for 3 years. Gives them a nice happy moodlet as well. Unfortunately it does raise their bill.

It makes sense that it raises the bill and I usually just say "ehh yea ill make the place more comfortable" cuz honestly its not like they dont have the money lol
    idk if this is the correct place...But... does anyone else have this food problem with the wolf pack? I deleted many dishes, but if I don't, this happens... O.O
    someone? Any idea, suggestion or solution? TT_TT
    ced2439b7b352ecc663e0ec5d37b0bc7.jpg

Free Food All Day lol
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
    I changed Steven's aspiration to Inner Peace. I could use some Inner Peace after dealing with the drama that is High School Years.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    amysim113 wrote: »
    How often are you guys looking up things on wikis or fanpages? I tried to garden a lot and I found that I was looking things up a surprising amount to get the plants I wanted.

Sometimes. I remember checking some guides for gardening, job promotions and Jungle Adventure relics at least :smile:
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Has anyone played around with the whole "Fashion Looks" feature yet to figure out if all clothes+CC can be enabled?

I'm just trying to make everyone have a Michael Jackson look trend and it's unfortunately difficult to make anything remotely good with the limited amount of items in the FashionLooks CAS so far
    L9q8VGi.png
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited August 2022
    This is a rhetorical question but... why can't werewolves and vampires have friendly spars? Seems like such an obvious thing. The only thing they can do is "practice fighting" (which is tied to fitness skill) but that lacks the flavor of supernatural fights. Considering the pre-set animosity of the two I think there should be something celebrating the fact that they are friends instead.
    I have a personal sims 4 save I am making. But I am unsure of the timeline I should put the save on. I Want it to better fit in with the main sims timeline. Plus I was thinking of having Willow Creek & Strangerville represent Pleasantview & Strangetown from TS2, but I don’t know. With the Pleasantview version of the Goth family it feels like it is focusing on Cassandra’s generation, but I like the Bella & Mortimer generation more. With the Calientes and Lothario I am not the biggest fan of there whole tie in with the Goth family, and I did have a plan on what to do with them but I don’t know for sure. And with Strangetown I like it how it is, it is one of my all time favorite sims worlds other than Sunset Valley, but I am unsure what to do with it as well. Then we have the Landgraabs I don’t know if I should make them have a tie in with the Altos like in TS3 or if it should be more like TS4 just with different personalities. If I could just know what timeline to put this save on then I could figure out the townies from there. I am basically fine with any timeline, TS3 Sunset Valley, TS1, TS2 etc, just not after TS2. This would be a big help.
  • FirewestgamerFirewestgamer Posts: 30 Member
    What is the best Sims game
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    What is the best Sims game

In my opinion they all have strengths and weaknesses. It just depends on how you play and which one suits your play style the best.
    Quick question, has anyone notice the cell phone cover in game change color?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited August 2022
    Does anyone go back and edit the first sims they made?

I originally made these two in the CAS demo and edited them tonight..... Again
    Before and after shots of my legacy founders. They have cc default skin and eyes, as well as cc face and body presets. I also have a CAS lighting mod.

Before:
    52268516619_8179b20c0c_h.jpg
    52268734565_135ae64567_h.jpg

After:
    52267284592_3cce765760_h.jpg
    52268248156_aa27794f08_h.jpg
    I call the 'before-shots' my '🐸🐸🐸🐸?! Moments'
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Anyone else get slightly annoyed when sims come over and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about the furniture/decor?
  • 007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    I sort of miss whims
    I have a question, when do you think the sims 4 is set. Like where would it be placed if it was on the main sims timeline. Personally I think it would either be between sims 3 and 1, because Malcolm is a teen. Or between sims 1 and 2, because Cassandra is a teen. But it is a little weird because if she was a teen Alexander would not be a child, he would be either a baby or toddler. I would like to hear your thoughts on this question.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    I have a question, when do you think the sims 4 is set. Like where would it be placed if it was on the main sims timeline. Personally I think it would either be between sims 3 and 1, because Malcolm is a teen. Or between sims 1 and 2, because Cassandra is a teen. But it is a little weird because if she was a teen Alexander would not be a child, he would be either a baby or toddler. I would like to hear your thoughts on this question.

From what I understand from a few comments here on the forums over the years, it's an alternate timeline. It has been rumored, but never officially confirmed to my knowledge, that TS4 was supposed to be an online game, called Olympus, but they scrapped that part.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited August 2022
    So, has anyone encountered premades with hidden traits that only show up with event triggers? I’m playing Morgan Ember. His basic traits are book worm, outgoing and ambitious and he also has a bunch of reward traits. I swapped ambitious out for unflirty. So, he got hit by lightening the other day and enjoyed it because, according to the moodlet, he has the erratic trait. He’s never had the erratic trait that I recall. I’m not complaining because it was hilarious and completely in character. I’m just wondering where it came from.

Edit to add: I used Show Sim Info mod to check hidden traits and erratic does not show up there. That’s why I’m wondering.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I never get the whole thing of "update all of your mods!" with every patch. What mods are people using that break the game so much? I use tons of mods and cc and other than the occasional UI glitches from an update I've only ever had game breaking issues from a mod with an update once and I've never had an issue with cc breaking from an update
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I never get the whole thing of "update all of your mods!" with every patch. What mods are people using that break the game so much? I use tons of mods and cc and other than the occasional UI glitches from an update I've only ever had game breaking issues from a mod with an update once and I've never had an issue with cc breaking from an update

It's always best to make sure the mods you're using are compatible with the patch. I haven't had any game-breaking bugs from mods but it does happen.

Also, if you are experiencing glitches, the first thing anyone will tell you is to remove mods. It's done this way to make sure an issue you're having isn't mod-related and an actual bug in the game. It makes everything easier for you and the helpers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • vulpdenvulpden Posts: 16 Member
    Anyone else still having the issue of adult sims putting toddlers in highchairs to feed them, then immediately taking them out? Had my THIRD toddler taken away because they couldn't eat in the high chair, and I'm usually too busy with the other sims in the household to get a plate of leftovers out of the fridge, get the toddler to waddle over and grab a plate, then put the leftovers back.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I found something interesting...my caster was practicing her magic when I noticed her little fingers were bent the wrong way. Huh? So the first thing I thought of was it the top, but it's one of EA's tops. So I threw her into CAS and changed her top to a cc one, no less and the bent pinkies went away...huh? Very ironic! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @vulpden Yeah, high chairs are glitchy. You might consider not having a high chair on your lot at all.
    gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top