Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I love Rabbitholes. I never wanted to see my sims at school, or shopping, or anything like that. I can still shop at places like the Grocery store or the WA registers, but it never bothered me that we didn't have shopping or whatever like TS2.

I feel the same on rabbitholes, I've always liked them and had no issue with them. However Sims 3 was my first sims game so I'm pretty used to them being the default for some lots. If anything I wouldn't mind more rabbitholes. For example art galleries/museums, I never send my sims to them so if my sim just went into a rabbithole museum and got a happy moodlet and some skill boosts I'd probably use them a lot more
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've never minded rabbitholes either. I don't want to babysit my sims while they're at work or school.

@ZeeGee @Pary ^Same! :star:

Nice to see this thread get revived for a little bit. :blush: Thanks @Onverser I'm glad the others provided you with some wonderful links to bring justice for the Toddlers! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    I’m not hugely bothered about rabbit holes. I can see the appeal for school but not shopping. I haven’t played Sims 2 for a while, but I have a mod that allows you to buy clothing without leaving the lot and it’s so much more convenient when you have a Sim age up, particularly if you’re playing with twins and need to buy two whole wardrobes.

I never actually considered the thing about toddlers, but it does make sense now I’ve read it. It seems like most Simmers primarily care about Young Adults and that’s it, and there isn’t a huge amount for children or toddlers. I wish there were more hairstyles for toddlers in Sims 3 there are so few even with Store hairs. Most toddler hair CC is bizarre, super long shiny hair that would never be seen on a toddler IRL and would look ridiculous in-game. I know many Sims 3 players don’t like Sims 4, but it’s much better for toddler hair in that regard, even if you don’t use CC.
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    Supernatural is one of my least favourite packs. It's second-to-last, only being beaten by Showtime in terms of my disinterest. Don't get me wrong, the life states are fun gimmicks to play around with for a short time. The thing that made the bizarre, supernatural elements of The Sims series so notable was their eccentiricty. They were fun because they were abnormal. The reason why I love the time machine and SimBot from Ambitions is due to the fact that they're bizarre; they clearly don't belong, which makes them notable. Supernatural made the supernatural the norm, and thus less interesting. Also, I hated the zombies. The only reason why ITF is higher is because I prefer science fiction over fantasy, and I love indulging in its absurdity when I find myself bored with the rest of the game.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Luna10 wrote: »
    I don't like the apartment tower buildings in the Sims 3 that come with Late Night :/ I always get rid as soon as I in that world.

Oh, definitely! That's the first thing I do, none of my worlds have the tower buildings in them :D
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2022
    Bridgeport is such a snoozefest and it's the absolute lowest point of the Late Night expansion pack. Nothing about reminds me of the hussle and bustle of a real city like Chicago or NYC. Half of the time it just feels like Sunset Valley but with skyscraper rabbit holes. Not to mention it has such a low population of sims for a world that's meant to represent a crowed city. I wish I could mod it out of my game, lol.

Also, I don't enjoy World Adventures one bit. Went on a trip to France one time with a sim, and that was enough for me indefinitely. Did not enjoy the mechanics one bit, and I only keep it installed on my hard-drive because of the radio stations. If WA was more like Bon Voyage from TS2 it would be infinitely more enjoyable and have more replay factor for me, personally.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    Vails wrote: »
    Bridgeport is such a snoozefest and it's the absolute lowest point of the Late Night expansion pack. Nothing about reminds me of the hussle and bustle of a real city like Chicago or NYC. Half of the time it just feels like Sunset Valley but with skyscraper rabbit holes. Not to mention it has such a low population of sims for a world that's meant to represent a crowed city. I wish I could mod it out of my game, lol.

Also, I don't enjoy World Adventures one bit. Went on a trip to France one time with a sim, and that was enough for me indefinitely. Did not enjoy the mechanics one bit, and I only keep it installed on my hard-drive because of the radio stations. If WA was more like Bon Voyage from TS2 it would be infinitely more enjoyable and have more replay factor for me, personally.

The main issue with the apartment buildings IMO is the fact that they can only house one playable household, as opposed to the ones in TS2: Apartment Life, which could house up to four. The apartments were the biggest misstep in Late Night, no doubt. But, I still think they're fun to play with.

World Adventures isn't everybody's cup of tea due to how goal-driven it is. I personally really enjoy it, but I can understand somebody not caring for it. It's a distraction from the routine gameplay, much like Supernatural & ITF, but it's a very rich and engaging one, IMO.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Rflong has made a beautiful, updated version of Bridgeport that I really enjoy playing in. It still has the apartments but she has added all sorts of other wonderful things from other packs.

http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-bridgeport.html

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Rflong has made a beautiful, updated version of Bridgeport that I really enjoy playing in. It still has the apartments but she has added all sorts of other wonderful things from other packs.

http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-bridgeport.html

^Aww @KevinL5275 you got me all excited about that world...until I read that it's unpopulated. :neutral:

giphy.gif

:joy:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2022
    @emorrill
    I'd be happy to create some CC free families for you to fill in
    the city with if you wanted to play in that world.
    I would just need to know what expansions you use and if you own any
    store items.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2022
    @emorrill Or give it about 5 days and NRAAS will fill in the families for you, either normally or thru its rapid immigration feature.

Its the world I used for my Arrow/Sims crossover.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @GraceyManor Aww, that's very sweet of you to offer. <3 I may take you up on that. ;) I'm debating on finally adding ITF to my game and if I do I'll have all the EPs.

@KevinL5275 I didn't think about that. :lol:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    My pleasure, I love creating sims.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited August 2022
    Just set your NRAAS Immigration to full on “There’s space… Let’s have the Oklahoma LAND RUSH!! C’mon all and sundry! A plot of land awaits us all.” 😝😁

Mind you, they’ll probably ALL need makeovers.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited August 2022
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lol! Problem is...the immigrants that come in are not the best looking sims. :grimace: (Am I terrible in saying that? :lol: )

But yes, on the bright side that gives me plenty of opportunities to do MAKEOVERS! :mrgreen:

;)
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2022
    Call me old school. I've always kept launching/playing TS3 using my original 2009 retail DVD version.

Until this week that is. When I saw the massive discount Steam tacked onto Origin's sale of TS3 via The TS3 Collection aka Base game + DLC content EA's released to date. I've NEVER seen any DLC pricing for TS3 so low on any PC distribution platform (maybe with exception of EGS)

Anyhow, saw a unique opportunity to exploit this once in a lifetime discount to rebuy the game as a pure DLC with every EP and SP ever released.

Bought the entire TS3 Collection for $92.93 yesterday (for a new HD I installed on my PC for backup of game files if ever lose my retail DVDs). THIS is what the pricing for TS3 collection should have always been given the THIRTEEN YEARS SINCE RELEASE EA.

Now then:

Are you one of those TS3 simmers who're hatin' on TS3 because of EA's FUBAR price point?

Then know these 3 facts:

1. EA still remains desperate enough to milk it's last buck from TS3 as a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD game. And in doing so, discounted 100% of all EPs AND SPs by 50% i.e. down from the criminal regular price of $19.99 to $9.99.

2. Steam decided to offer it's own additional whopping discount with the TS3 Collection package. Steam has discounted 100% of ALL EPs AND SPs by an additional 67%. Which means

3. If you buy the TS3 Collection on Steam, you'll get ALL EPs AND SPs for only $3.50 each!

https://ibb.co/s6qM8mk

TL DR (aka this is the unpopular opinion part)

So for those of you simmers who've hated on TS3 because of the eye gouging price point, here's your one time chance to really troll EA @S$ today. Get the base game plus 100% of all EPs & SPs for under $100 USD (sales tax included).

And if you're thinking about this (for whatever purposes like losing your retail CD etc.) then exploit this massive discount on Steam ASAP. Don't know how long this sale will be there!
    And for those folks who may be new to TS3: don't forget to install Twallan's SP suite to fix all the game breaking bugs which have remained in all this DLC content since release :s
  • PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    > @yoshi_dragur2012 said:
    > And for those folks who may be new to TS3: don't forget to install Twallan's SP suite to fix all the game breaking bugs which have remained in all this DLC content since release :s

does this function the same or conflict with nraas story progression? that is the one that I have right now, and I use it constantly to tune the town to exactly how I want it!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
    my unpopular opinion: imaginary friends are a fun and unique concept!
    I actually think they're pretty cool, they just happen way too often. There should be an option to disable them in the menu, and I wish they had cooler powers like other occults. When I play with children, I usually allow only one to have an imaginary friend, make them real when the child ages up, and move them out to live their own life. It's had an interesting effect where there's actually a sizeable imaginary friend population in my Dragon Valley world after 6 or 7 generations! It makes for a very colorful family!
    > @yoshi_dragur2012 said:
    > And for those folks who may be new to TS3: don't forget to install Twallan's SP suite to fix all the game breaking bugs which have remained in all this DLC content since release :s

does this function the same or conflict with nraas story progression? that is the one that I have right now, and I use it constantly to tune the town to exactly how I want it!

Twallan SP mod suite = NRAAS SP mod suite. They're one and the same :)
    @yoshi_dragur2012 haha! I have chronic dumb brain
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sims 3 Werewolves are my favorite version of werewolves appearance wise, I much prefer the feral human look over the walking animal look they have in the other games. Never had any issue with how they look + you can easily customise them in CAS to make them look a lot better than how they spawn
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Sims 3 Werewolves are my favorite version of werewolves appearance wise, I much prefer the feral human look over the walking animal look they have in the other games. Never had any issue with how they look + you can easily customise them in CAS to make them look a lot better than how they spawn
    Sims 3 werewolves are basically The Wolf Among Us.
  • faceface Posts: 21 Member
    > @Vails said:
    > Bridgeport is such a snoozefest and it's the absolute lowest point of the Late Night expansion pack. Nothing about reminds me of the hussle and bustle of a real city like Chicago or NYC. Half of the time it just feels like Sunset Valley but with skyscraper rabbit holes. Not to mention it has such a low population of sims for a world that's meant to represent a crowed city. I wish I could mod it out of my game, lol.
    >
    > Also, I don't enjoy World Adventures one bit. Went on a trip to France one time with a sim, and that was enough for me indefinitely. Did not enjoy the mechanics one bit, and I only keep it installed on my hard-drive because of the radio stations. If WA was more like Bon Voyage from TS2 it would be infinitely more enjoyable and have more replay factor for me, personally.

Playing in Bridgeport gives me the exact same impression as when the characters from The Walking Dead hit a big city that used to vibrate with life and is now dead and post-apocalyptic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top