The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay kits. Are the devs done with them?

2...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think they’re focusing on CAS (and a tiny bit of B/B) for the packs nowadays. I think it’s just an easier model, and I heard there was some negativity about Bite the Dust. (I’ve never bought that one, but it didn’t sound very popular….?)

As for me, I’d rather wait for the gameplay of bigger packs like game packs and expansion packs. These kits are kind of meh so far.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I think they’re focusing on CAS (and a tiny bit of B/B) for the packs nowadays. I think it’s just an easier model, and I heard there was some negativity about Bite the Dust. (I’ve never bought that one, but it didn’t sound very popular….?)

As for me, I’d rather wait for the gameplay of bigger packs like game packs and expansion packs. These kits are kind of meh so far.

I'm starting to doubt if we're ever going to get another Stuff/Game/Expansion pack, like I'm beginning to think that we're going to get NOTHING but Kits until they announce TS5. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I'm starting to doubt if we're ever going to get another Stuff/Game/Expansion pack, like I'm beginning to think that we're going to get NOTHING but Kits until they announce TS5. :-/

It is possible with the exception of SPs, EPs and GPs do require resources and as more and more are added. sooner or later Imo some systems may see some drop in performance so more kits may seem logical as it does draw little if no draw on performance. I am also looking at EA/Maxis hesitancy to put anything in the game that will negative effect on performance.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I really, hope that we are still getting Expansion Packs & Gameplay Packs. I don't mind that the Kits have replaced the Stuff Packs though. Speaking of Kits; they so need to be more organized in the Menu, just like the packs are.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member

The most recent roadmap included a Game Pack to be released sometime between Jan and March. And SimGuruNinja tweeted yesterday that GP info is coming soon.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

I had to wait 2 years for toddlers and then a bit more for mermaids, so I know the agony of waiting for various things, lol. I always felt even back in Sims 4’s early days, packs took forever to be released, and EA/Maxis’s silence on any announcements/teasers felt about the same.

Anyway….Good thing is we’re getting a game pack soon. 🙂👍 It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s what niche game packs are for, and it shows that the game packs are still being made. So I’m good! 🤗
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

I had to wait 2 years for toddlers and then a bit more for mermaids, so I know the agony of waiting for various things, lol. I always felt even back in Sims 4’s early days, packs took forever to be released, and EA/Maxis’s silence on any announcements/teasers felt about the same.

Anyway….Good thing is we’re getting a game pack soon. 🙂👍 It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s what niche game packs are for, and it shows that the game packs are still being made. So I’m good! 🤗

Don't even get me started on the two-year wait for toddlers, an aspect of the game that should have been there on release, that was just dreadful. Not to mention it was also a two-year wait for Vampires (which is granted because it's an occult life state) and then another long wait for any other occults that weren't a side piece add-on to a bigger pack ala Mermaids and Aliens. God knows how much longer until fairies, genies and/or werewolves IF we ever get them. As TS4 dev team seems to be extremely opposed to anything occult or "unrealistic", heck even the "Haunted House lot" is a bit of a letdown, coming across as more annoying than challenging/scary because of how fast sims flip flop on their moods. Even so, I still love the Paranormal Stuff pack, more of that please and thank you!

EA/Maxis really needs to step up its game when it comes to communication with the fans, and I mean transparent communication, not just the Q&A stuff they've been doing.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the new pack, I just hope it's not another generic theme with an eco twist. Had enough of those. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    I just did a full re-install of the game & after all the "welcome to <packname>" screens I got this. As you can see, only CAS and BB are mentioned:

2022-07-24.png
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Plumbobi wrote: »
    I really hope they aren't!! There are so many fun ideas that gameplay kits could bring to the game! Bust the Dust was a bust because...well, it was super buggy.

I bought Bust the Dust a few weeks ago after being told the bugs from release were mostly fixed. I can say with conviction that I have not experienced any bugs related to the kit since getting it, and I played the game a LOT over the Christmas and New Years break.

I've had it for a while it is not bugged at the moment and I actually do enjoy it. Adds some realism to my game.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2022
    logion wrote: »
    I think if they were aiming for a broader, general theme, it makes sense to release it in a broader, bigger pack. I can understand the complaints that kits are specific and fairly niche, but that's kind-of the whole point of them. They're not all for everybody.

Yeah, I understand that. And for the people who wanted these kits, that's great.

But how do you keep a live service alive by releasing content that's not for everybody?

The problem I have with kits is they are clearly taking away from other content. I don't care what the developers say on this matter the evidence is right there. Since kits we have had zero stuff packs and have also gone from having at least two expansions a year now just one.

Also with the kits are not for everybody argument I agree also. I don't build, I have zero interest in pointless decor items that do nothing for the game outside of build mode, all they do is look pretty, they don't even function. So while we're getting mostly build kits and also the gameplay packs have been cut down because they are focusing more on releasing building kits that affects me as a player.

The game starts to become stale because we aren't receiving the same amount of gameplay that we once were and in a game where gameplay can already be considered lacking this is an issue.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I hate kits. They are expensive, the content is meh (ugly, especially CAS), I would like more stuff packs or GPs instead. I only have Bust the Dust kit and... what fun it is! I really enjoyed it! I wish more gameplay kits/packs.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I definitely prefer gameplay enhancers versus clothing and build buy items that have zero interactions. It reminds of paper dolls and changing clothes. Those of you who had those in school...remember how unamazed you were when you swapped out clothing lol?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    I loved paper dolls. Can't wait to introduce them to my granddaughters. 🥰
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Considering how much of a flop Bust the Dust was, I doubt it.

What I'd really want is a World Kit/Pack, specifically for expansion packs. Come on, give us more cities with apartments EA.