Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited July 2022
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #163
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Summer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow
    NEW LOT LINK: Says It has CC, but do not have any CC installed.

GALLERY COST: $ 134085
    Lot cost: 3000
    TOTAL COST: $ 137085
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UeEVglJ
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by #misspie03 and #Mag6002 in the gallery

Description
    This half-done home was turned into a lovely American Southern Plantation style home. With a Master suite on the bottom floor, Formal dining beautiful kitchen and Living room. Large Laundry room with side entrance. Large yard with pool. The second floor comes with 4 bedrooms, 1 bath, and a bonus space. The upper balcony also provides extra hang out space in the summer.

BGZMzTE.png
    mrQDQ0j.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #161 - A Blast from the Past

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #161 - Blast from the Past

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #163 - Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] Willow Creek, Hallow Slough 30x20
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/22B61889FA6D11EC84F642C88C887120?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=#BnS163&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $5,500
    GALLERY COST: $170,171
    TOTAL COST: $175,671
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qHEDiNl
    ENTRY DETAILS: From a partial build to a full home, this showdown took on a classical twist! I expanded the upper balcony. The first floor is in the Neo-classical style (as much as possible) with a small library, living room, dining room, and kitchen. A small basement houses the laundry room and storage. The second floor has a master bedroom and another bathroom set up as a nursery. The third floor has three bedrooms, one of which is set up as a room for the butler or a guest room. The outside is a grass-free space with trees, bushes, and flowers filling out the front and backyards. The backyard also has a barbecue area and a doll house for the kills to play with. The lot traits are child's play, sunny aspect, and teen neighborhood. The challenge is Spooky!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    s4FSPlJ.png
    n8O6sK0.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Are we allowed to use platforms in the home?

Yes you are.
    image.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #162 - Safe Haven

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited July 2022
    FORUM ID: Daiyu
    ORIGIN ID: DaiyuStarr
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Parkshore Mini Mansion
    NEW LOT LINK: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F387CA88088711ED8656B676E60D36BD?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=DaiyuStarr&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §5,500
    GALLERY COST: §171,399
    TOTAL COST: §176,899
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PeN3iA3
    ENTRY DETAILS: A cute mini-mansion built on Parkshore in Willow Creek. Inside is a tight squeeze, but functional and charming. Plenty of outdoor space to indulge in a variety of hobbies.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2vH7lta.png
    Post edited by Daiyu on
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    @BuildnShare I hate to ask again, but the established level is still waiting to hear back about several of our entries, Including: Home for Winterfest from December, Spring Designer Showdown from April, and Blast from the Past from May. I know you guys may be busy with IRL stuff, but we spend quite a bit of time making these for these challenges, and it feels disheartening when we submit for these challenges, and they go unjudged for so long.
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2022
    FORUM ID: zucchinionpizza
    ORIGIN ID: zucchinionpizza
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cypress Terrace in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Greek Revival Family Home
    LOT COST: $ 8,500
    GALLERY COST: $ 134,408
    TOTAL COST: $ 142,908
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/aFPQI5o
    ENTRY DETAILS: Our Cypress Terrace family has used the money they got from insurance to rebuild their home. Their stay in grandma's place was cut short when their Greek revival home was finished. Mom, dad (or moms or dads) and their 3 kids can finally return to their home sweet home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    HgmhTij.png
    0KBsCSK.png
    Post edited by zucchinionpizza on
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @BuildnShare I hate to ask again, but the established level is still waiting to hear back about several of our entries, Including: Home for Winterfest from December, Spring Designer Showdown from April, and Blast from the Past from May. I know you guys may be busy with IRL stuff, but we spend quite a bit of time making these for these challenges, and it feels disheartening when we submit for these challenges, and they go unjudged for so long.

I agree. I decided not to participate in these challenges until my last entries were judged to alleviate the workload on the judges. So yet another month goes by. I do hope these get done soon.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited September 2022

FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow
    NEW LOT LINK: Summer Staycation
    LOT COST: $ 3,000
    GALLERY COST: $ 154,982
    TOTAL COST: $ 157,982
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: "Whether sitting on the side porch watching the birds fly home to nest or sitting in the backyard overlooking a sunset, this home brings priceless peacefulness. The updated kitchen consists of a center island, White quartz countertops, and stainless steel appliances. The wood floors are gorgeous, not seen in many homes these days." ( excerpt taken from the Real-estate description )
    In Late June my husband & I went house hunting in real life. We went to an open house at an older beautiful brick colonial built in 1929 in our town. In looking at the shell for July's challenge I tried to re-create that home. The home consists of 4 bedrooms and 3 baths .An updated Kitchen & Pantry. A furnished basement and a sunroom office. Created in Willow Creek at the Brook Bungalow lot.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art from the gallery by SimSationalToo & Juwels64
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

295673393_3334036903483044_8001977517654090782_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=BaRP9T97hL8AX9LRNaT&tn=ulXJLPL7x1jAkX3J&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AT_kCHc3Ked8lp58puNIqVTXafkQln3m1JdTBJdU7C1TPg&oe=63301558

295653767_3333371033549631_8190041212499099743_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=GbnSoeqEnX0AX8qE-nY&tn=ulXJLPL7x1jAkX3J&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AT9bYkj6rKxjCdkZYG_31x3SZ6bxSlM1sq1P9LNIeExv_g&oe=632EBF90

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member

Yes, sometimes we wait a bit long time for a review, but the judges must be busy. Maybe we'd feel better if the old entries were rated first, before we see the ratings for the most recent ones. I didn't even do the BNS162, I thought it would be easier for them if there were fewer entries. In any case, I'm very curious about the expert BNS159 and 161, because I worked a lot on my time-machine. :)
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    CHALLENGE #BNS163 - Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Municipal Muses in Willow Creek 40x30
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D2F5E7E70C5411ED8D6F24F9B64D6FEC?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $4.000
    GALLERY COST: $173.583
    TOTAL COST: $177.583
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nvTpXLc
    ENTRY DETAILS: Base game family home with 4 bedrooms. On the second floor there are a master bedroom, and 2 kidsrooms, and there is 1 bedroom in the tower too. I moved the front door a little to the left, creating a covered entrance area. I added a third level to the right, part of it in the tower and part of it under the roof. In the building and in the garden, I tried to give many opportunities for occupation and relaxation to the sims, like: treadmill, grill, jacuzzi, greenhouse, chess, study, reading corner, pool, outdoor children's play area.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

kMHrGsE.jpg
    ty1hGxg.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited July 2022
    CHALLENGE: #BNS163 - Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Potter's Splay in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E003E916FFE811EC87CD0D4620ABDF1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §2,500
    GALLERY COST: §105,865
    TOTAL COST: §108,365
    Note: charity gets §69, 235 --- the amount left over.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/I01qysC
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Michaela Rader is Eliza Pancakes best friend and neighbor. They even borrow each other's clothes. However, one night, Micaela's house was damaged when the first tornado in 87 ("4 score and 7 years ago" a score is 20 years) years struck her house and took the back half of it away! Michaela was able to escape in her borrowed clothes. She just slipped on Eliza's purple flip flops and ran to her storm cellar that her great-great uncle built hours before the last tornado struck so long ago!
    Note: I wanted this build to have an old, hand-crafted/knitted feel, along with some more modern comforts --- as if she slightly modernized her great-great uncle’s mid 1930s home, which his great great uncle built for his wife and two children in the mid 1800s (another 87 years before that. The children’s room is a guest room now because Michaela is single with no children. The remaining funds will be donated to the town’s emergency fund for anyone whose lot was affected by the unexpected tornado in parts of Willow Creek. The Pancakes’ house was somehow not affected.

She replaced the door recently on the storm cellar so that it was stronger than the original wooden door. She found the moss-covered roof intact down the street put it back on and build the rest of the house again.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    iiV4onv.png
    street view
    9Y5um2y.png
    tornado cellar
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited July 2022
    I got my gallery link now! :smile:
    4kkjdXo.png

• ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2022
    FORUM ID: ForeverTuesday
    ORIGIN ID: Mikaela1237
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A7C85A58113811ED851724432DB1AECE
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 175,087
    TOTAL COST: 177,087 (the lot value showed as higher when I had never left build mode though, no idea why)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6e1jFeC

ENTRY DETAILS: To combat the rising cost of living, Willow Creek recently abolished its single family zoning laws. This program has so far been quite successful, so when the architect for a house in Foundry Cove abandoned a half-finished project, the town stepped in. They offered to heavily subsidize building costs for anyone willing to build a multifamily dwelling on the property. Joseph Foster, a long-time resident and retired architect, said he'd been thinking about moving to an apartment with his granddaughter Kylie because it could do both of them some good to be around more people. He drew up plans for a small apartment building with four units and a shared patio space, with a large first floor apartment for himself. Terrence and Sanjay Bowers inquired about one of the upstairs units. They had been living in San Myshuno, but wanted their two young kids to grow up in a suburban neighborhood where there was plenty of space to play outside. Terrence and Sanjay told their friends Allison and Noah about the project. Recently married, the couple had been looking for a starter home and a first floor unit perfectly suited their needs. With three of the four units filled, the project seemed like it was almost set to start construction, but there was a snag with the last unit. Joseph's friend Rika Lopez was interested in moving to an apartment (she said her house just felt too empty now that her kids had moved out), but the remaining upstairs unit was simply too big for her to live in by herself. After two weeks with no other interest in the project, the town was set to sell it to a developer to build a single family mini-mansion on when Terrence had an idea. He proposed splitting the large upstairs unit into a smaller unit perfectly sized for Rika and a little studio apartment. Joseph altered the plans and everyone put out the word to their friends and family. Sanjay's cousin's daughter's friend Kana was interested. Only having graduated from Foxbury Institute a year prior, she never thought she'd be able to afford her own place so soon and a little studio was the perfect size for her and her cat Loki.

The residents are:
    Unit 1: Allison and Noah, newlyweds who are both in their early 20's
    Unit 2: Joseph (in his 80's) and his granddaughter Kylie (~16)
    Unit 3: Sanjay and Terrence (late 20's/early 30's) and their children Lilo (toddler) and Will (young child)
    Unit 4: Rika (~60)
    Unit 5: Kana (~22) and her cat Loki

Notes from the builder: The shell immediately looked like a small apartment building to me, so I decided to go in that direction. I haven't played Sims 4 in probably six months and this was a really fun challenge to come back to the game with! Unlike most of my builds, this build is not intended to actually be played in. It has not been playtested and there are several areas of the build that won't function properly (including the fact that it's an apartment building for 10 sims and a cat).

jRFjOnD.png
    AYHFhAQ.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Some nocc custom prints in the downstairs apartments from AlJay2000
    TWITTER TAG: @starlitreader
    5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BNS #163 Summer Designer Showdown is now closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2022
    CsPyTUr.jpg

After too long, another email from the Hawthorne Project has arrived in your inbox. You open it up to find out what your fifteenth project for the organization will entail, and your heartstrings are immediately tugged by the plight of the Daniels family. You are inspired to do all you can to help Roger, Regina and their 4 children. Teenage Rocky’s efforts to help his family by getting a job are laudable ,but he should be free to be a boy, hanging out with friends, focusing on school and looking forward to prom, not his next paycheck. The idea of a baby and two toddlers without a home as summer nears its end is distressing, and you are eager to get to work.

Roger Daniels, his wife Regina, his son from a previous marriage named Rocky, his twin toddlers Johnny and Parker, and the new baby Alyssa have had a desperate run of bad luck since just before the pandemic started. First, Roger, who worked in construction, suffered a worksite accident that left him permanently lame with a bad back. He has filed to try and get disability, but the paperwork has not yet gone through. Not long after the pandemic, Regina lost her bar keeping job at the local pub due to a lockdown of non-essential work. The lockdown went on so long, the owners lost so much money that they had to permanently close the bar. Regina has been applying for any job opening she can find, but so far she has not been hired. And her unemployment ran out long ago.
    The family are currently living in a tiny cabin behind their church thanks to an understanding congregation. It is not a permanent solution for the growing family. Luckily, 17 year old Rocky has a part-time job at the local hamburger joint. He has been working all the hours he can get to help the entire family get necessities and food. The family also have turned to food pantries, but they have to go to multiple pantries to get enough for the whole family to eat every day. To make up for the electricity and water the family uses, Regina does some cleaning in the church during the week and runs the daycare during church services.
    Roger has become desperate and applied for public housing, but he was told the waiting list is several years long. He has become depressed since he can no longer support his family. He spends his time watching the small children and playing horseshoes. The young ones are mainly cranky in this uncertain environment.
    While Regina was cleaning the church office and waiting to do a job search on the computer, a new volunteer told her about the Hawthorn Project. As soon as the computer was free, she emailed her application in, crossing her fingers for luck. She is well aware that if something does not change soon, the family could be pulled apart. And then she worked on applying for more jobs in the hopes that something good will happen on that front too!

The Brief;
    Budget: 160,000
    Build at least four bedrooms - the twins can share a room.
    The house needs at least two bathrooms.
    Include the usual living areas and any additional space as your budget allows.
    Remember to landscape.
    As with all Hawthorne challenges, add items for the Daniels family to work on their skills - an easel, computer, blocks for the toddlers, something to help build fitness, etc.

Sim Challenge:
    Download the Daniels family from the gallery here.
    Room Challenge:
    Create Rocky’s bedroom. Keep his traits in mind. Budget: 12,000.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns164 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, August 31st, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.[/left]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2022
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #159 - Little Green Men

Your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2022
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #164 -The Hawthorne Project XV
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    ROOM: Steel Rock Box
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A06D8503151511ED8B49B94D9C023555?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §11,987
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/Q8Cnw6Q
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Daniels family is going to live in the recently deserted lot of CopperDale High. So far, the builder has only completed Rocky's room klepto, music lover, body builder aspiration with a love of video gaming!
    Note: I called the room a kitchen :s! Other than that, it's fine! If it's not fine and I need to call it a bedroom, let' me know please @BuildnShare. Thanks! :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    E18glt8.png
    bird's eye view
    cBVnrit.png
    Rock out, Rocky!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #157 - Winter Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    I don't think I will make an official entry this month, but I still wanted to share my house for the Daniels family with you :) This was my first attempt at trying to make a split level home.
    Gallery name: Split Level Family Home
    Link to slideshow: BnS #164 - The Hawthorne Project
    XIUIcn6.png
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    Beautiful home, @AlJay ! 😊
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @Lissykin
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2022
    Okay, so I saved my lot to my library, but there is no way to save it to the gallery? It is not giving me an option to browse the gallery or get the last lots, etc. Anyone else having this issue? I guess I will wait a day or two and see if the option comes back. If it does, I will take the pictures then.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top