Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILD Mode NEEDS improvement!! Here's some IDEAS...

DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
-Ability to connect foundations that have different heights.
- Also should be able to connect a platform to a foundation , even with a different height between them.
- Should have curved pools already.
- Need to be able to have homes attached, but able to each function as single family residences.
- Color wheel

Building on half -tile . Not being able to place a wall or fence in the middle of the "squares" is very limiting!!

This feature likely will have to wait for sims 5, but players shouldn't have to use mods like t.o.o.l (which is amazing btw) to elevate and rotate objects . Thats basic. And we need in-game feautures like that for the next gen game, at least.

This game needs a path/sidewalk tool, for people to make custom walkways. Ideal for making parks. Terrain paint is limited.

Post edited by DollhouseCompany on

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Yes to ALL of this. I will add that it would be nice to have fences that can be wall height or even taller. Or have fences that can be stacked on top of one another to have two-story or taller barriers for those of us who want to build castles.

It would also be nice to be able to place a door or doorway right at the top of stairs. A lot of houses have steps right outside the door. Being able to push terrain up against the edge of walls that are sunken into the ground a bit would be nice so we could have basements that poke slightly above ground and can have windows, window wells, etc.

I really don't like how you can't connect a garage without foundation to a house with foundation easily. It would be nice to have that option. Say I want to have an indoor pool but not up in foundation and I want to have an attached garage. At the very least they should let us have ramps to be able to transition into a garage if they won't let us have split level.
  • DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    -Need glass walls ^^^
  • DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2022
    -Backsplash. Most modern American homes have backsplash tiles now in kitchen and bathrooms.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    • Curved swimming pools
    • Attic room tool
    • Greenhouse room tool
    • Connect different foundation heighs with walls and fences
    • Auto-roof
    • Spiral stairs
    • Staircase inclination/angle selection
    • Roof gutters and drainpipes
    • Roof windows
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Better resize! No more too big/too small rug when you just want them a little bigger/smaller!
    Shiftable mirror!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • BantuSimsBantuSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Can we get more sport items and gym equipment like football and tennis pitches, pole vault, gymnastics, ballet etc? Also would love a African Safari world with animals like giraffes, lions elephants. The sims can have the ability to own or explore the safari on holiday. The safari can be based in East/southern Africa vibe and also have a Wakanda feel to it. West African dancing/food/culture/dresses etc. Just an idea, it will definitely make me want to play the game more.
    Mak27 wrote: »
    • Curved swimming pools
    • Attic room tool
    • Greenhouse room tool
    • Connect different foundation heighs with walls and fences
    • Auto-roof
    • Spiral stairs
    • Staircase inclination/angle selection
    • Roof gutters and drainpipes
    • Roof windows

YES to all of these! I was bummed that in 2018 the patch made it so you can no longer connect rooms (using moveobjects on) and the roofs get deleted. I get they don't want different wall heights next to one another, but maybe they could just have a step down or let someone add platforms or have different height walls. Like, say I want a room with taller walls next to a room with shorter walls and foundation that makes the walls have the same top height. Or even just have a short step down from one room to another.

I'd also like for stairs to go right up against a door or doorway instead of one tile away.

With curved walls added (which I'm still trying to figure out how to use) I would love to have spiral stairs.

LOVE the idea of being able to adjust stairs more. Gutters and drains would be nice. I'd also love to have more ceiling detail.

In addition to roof windows I'd like basement windows with window wells, foundation windows/vents (or allow foundation to serve as higher part of a basement).

I'd also like arrow slits (like on a castle) and windows without glass.
  • SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    My idea is to modify the room pop-up (that appears when you click on a room) so that you can denote the type of room it is. This can be used to regulate sim behavior. Denote a room as the living room, the sim is compelled to use appropriate actions in that room. It can also be used to ban sims from performing certain actions in inappropriate rooms, like eating in the bathroom. (except during that oh so tragic period in high school.....)
    Too restrictive, they going to list ten million types of rooms you could have?
    ...oh wow I was reading an old thread while having this open and found that they'd considered basically this idea and didn't think it was a good one: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/12652626/#Comment_12652626
    This idea can be further expanded with the possibility to place multiple homes and families on one lot. You can define multiple homes and businesses in the lot type dropdown, and then further define the individual rooms that belong to which household or business. Naturally there will be a common room type, that's loaded by all lots. These “mini-lots” can have their own households attached to them, similar to how apartment living has multiple households that appear to share the same lot.
    This isn't 'expanded' this is a completely different idea. I don't think they should build one-lot-being-many-lots out of single-rooms-have-purposes, that wouldn't work efficiently. First you'd have to stick a bunch of rooms together, every time. And how would it handle non-room parts of the lot, like most gardens of most houses? And multi-story buildings sounds fragile. And sticking rooms together doesn't segue well into
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    We definitely need
    Auto Roofs back like in the Sims 3
    Fix the railings on the stairs, such as having them on one side of the Stairs
    Curved Pools
    Make more slots on counters and tables for cutter
    Spiral stairs
    Greenhouse tool
    Windows on roofs
    Add TV Aerials and Satellites.

• SkyseeyouSkyseeyou Posts: 6 New Member
    This might be really small but we need a welcome mat also I think a option to make the whole wall glass.
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    I would love to see tomb building stuff, like activeable torches, dive wells, hidden bookcase doors and switchs etc...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would love to see tomb building stuff, like activeable torches, dive wells, hidden bookcase doors and switchs etc...

We have tomb building stuff in Jungle Adventures but those are fun first time you play a build, afterwards not so much.
  • SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member

There are two base game bookcase doors, though they only function as normal doors.

I miss the torches and dive wells from Sims3. We do have the bookcase doors, but I would love some hidden doors and different styles of the bookcase doors. I'd like some where they slide aside or turn like a revolving door. I definitely want some doors that only open one way so we can set whether they are inswing or outswing. Pocket doors, and actual closet doors would be cool.
    Mirrored closet doors, bifold doors, etc would also be cool.